WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Most shocking clean loss?
Alberto Del Rio - HIAC 2 4.08%
Kevin Owens - EC 19 38.78%
Rusev - Fast Lane 0 0%
Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 8 16.33%
Orton - TLC 0 0%
Daniel Bryan - Summerslam 5 10.20%
Tensai - RAW 3 6.12%
The Rock - Wrestlemania 28 5 10.20%
Sheamus - TLC 6 12.24%
Orton - HIAC 0 0%
Batista - Summerslam 1 2.04%
JBL - The Great American Bash 0 0%
Triple H - NOC 0 0%
Angle - RAW 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2015, 04:06 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Cena's most shocking clean loss?

By clean I mean his opponents defeated him without help.

John Cena has lost clean in one-on-one competition against these guys:
  1. Alberto Del Rio - Hell In A Cell 2015
  2. Kevin Owens - Elimination Chamber 2015
  3. Rusev - Fast Lane 2015
  4. Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2014
  5. Randy Orton - TLC 2014 (Although I believe Orton tied Cena, it still is a clean one-on-one victory taking into consideration the match rules)
  6. Daniel Bryan - Summerslam 2013
  7. Tensai - RAW before Extreme Rules
  8. The Rock - Wrestlemania 28
  9. Sheamus - TLC 2009
  10. Randy Orton - Hell In A Cell 2009
  11. Batista - Summerslam 2008
  12. JBL - The Great American Bash 2008
  13. Triple H - Night of Champions 2008
  14. Kurt Angle - First Blood match, RAW 2006

These were Cena's clean losses. 14 clean losses in the span of his 10 year-main event career.
I don't seem to recall any more. Please correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed any.
Special Notes: Cena lost 3 PPV matches in a row in 2008. He had zero clean losses from 2009 to 2012. CM Punk never defeated Cena clean. Vince McMahon intervened in the MITB match and in their rematch, Cena's foot was under the ropes. I do think that Punk has a clean victory over Cena though somewhere during 2011. I think Punk defeated Cena clean before Cena's match with R-Truth at Capitol Punsihment, but I'm not so sure.. In 2015 Cena also had 3 clean losses, only this time and for the first time ever, it was against up and coming midcard heels.

Which is the most shocking loss?

For me it's Sheamus. Nobody thought that a rookie was going to beat Cena that night at TLC. It was 100% unexpected. Kevin Owens is a close second, but the Sheamus loss has greatet importance because it was for the WWE Championship.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:27 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

For me, John Cena's Most Shocking Clean Loss was against Kevin Owens at Elimination Chamber.... It was totally unexpected....Especially because it was his debut match on main roster.... All others had been significant even before their clean win over Cena but Kevin Owens had defeated Cena clean in his first match itself which is a big thing....
Old 11-25-2015, 05:15 AM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

You must have spent a long time researching every major Cena match to ask this question, I went with Kevin Owens as I wasn't expecting that one and maybe Rock as second.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:19 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I picked Kevin Owens as well for a couple of reasons. It was Owens first match on the main roster, even though he wasn't really a newbie to wrestling. Also no one expected him to go over Cena clean, I think most expected some sort of shenanigans from either Owens himself or the Authority.

It was a good thing and a bad thing all wrapped up in one though. It's good that Owens has maintained his momentum by winning the IC title shortly afterwards, and is one of the most natural heels now on the main roster. The bad thing is, once you go over a 15 time former world champion, what else is there for you to do.

I was going to pick Sheamus, but if I'm not mistaken that was Sheamus's first run with the title and it's wasn't that fantastic. Thank God they learned their lesson and didn't put the title on Owens right away.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:22 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

I think his loss to Tensai must rank pretty highly up there!

I get that Tensai was a new character that they were planning on pushing, but fans knew it was Prince Albert/Albert/A-Train/The Hip Hop Hippo, and they weren't expecting him to defeat the WWE's golden boy, let alone cleanly. Tensai just wasn't good enough or worthy enough of pinning Cena, and the total flop of the character afterwards proves him going over Cena was the wrong decision.

Also, the way Cena was beaten by Kevin Owens and the hammering he took from Brock Lesnar were shocking, and not something you expected to see.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 11-25-2015, 05:28 AM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Just FYI, his loss to Rusev at Fastlane was after a low blow, so I really don't see how it counts as clean. It wasn't No DQ as I recall, so that's not a clean win.

My pick would definitely be Kevin Owens at Elimination Chamber. As soon as the match was announced, I predicted a three match series, with Cena winning the first, Owens the second, and Cena the third, and was 100% sure that's how it was going to go. I still got most of it right, but Cena losing the first match genuinely shocked me.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:04 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Brock Lesnar - not because he lost clean but in the manner in which he lost. He was truly decimated in that bout.

And I can;t believe someone found his lost to Rock shocking at Mania 28....it was in Miami! That was only going one way unless there was a heel turn.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:25 AM

NatureBoy3:14 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's Owens. By far. I just am didn't believe Vince would give a wrestler with a cult following like he has that much love. Steen/Owens had the biggest fan base besides Del Rio coming into the WWE since Daniel Bryan. What folks don't understand is that Kevin was already a made man in the wrestling world before he came here. His fueds with El Generico are legendary and will will stand as his greatest contribution to the wrestling world in his entire career. Sorry win your IC cmChampionship. Win the WWE championship. I don't care. What he and Zayn did was magic. Like Steamboat/Flair magic. Like Raven/Dreamer magic. Like Maco/Hulk magic. Like Tanahashi/Okada magic. I love wrestling. I watch PWG,TNA (when it was goo) ECw,NWA, WCCW,ROH,CZW,AWA, etc. I watch it all. So I don't believe that the WWE is the end all be all of wresting. Biggest promotion yes. But it doesn't make th wrestling world go round for me. Stew accomplishments mean something to me. So when Vince gave him that win my heart skipped a beat. Because I didn't believe that Vince would ever do a thing and be bigger than himself and let this guy that the world knew he didn't make win over his creation. As I look back it all makes since because he did that to make John look better in the long run. He jobbed to John two matches after that. And all I hear are those 5 star matches John put on. The good ol fashion bait and switch. It added to Johns legacy. That's all it did. KO is that damn good. Watch anything he has don outside of the WWE. He is like Cesaro. Those guys can make anyone look good. They can put on great matches with broom sticks. Like DB did for Regns at Fastlane. DB is that damn good. His win over John was bitter sweet for me.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:48 AM
heROCKules

the_peoples_adam is a member of the JOB SQUAD

It has to be KO..It was his debut and he did what nobody else has done on thier debut and that is beat Cena..
Old 11-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

I'd say the answer for me is easily Brock Lesnar. And it was the manner in which he lost that shocked me. It was basically a total blowout. I had thought that had Daniel Bryan had been healthy enough to have held the title post Mania, that he would have been the one on the receiving end of that beating. And maybe Lesnar would have been hated a little more for it, but honestly dominating Daniel Bryan isn't nearly as impressive as dominating John Cena. His loss to Kevin Owens was probably the most shocking, going by just pure shock factor, but the Lesnar loss was almost disheartening. But I loved the story that it produced and we saw a much more aggressive and motivated Cena at NOC, where he basically kicked Lesnar's ass. So that was fun to watch.