WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-15-2015, 01:37 AM
Knockout Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default 10 biggest booking mistakes of The Undertaker's streak

It goes without saying The Undertaker's 21-0 undefeated streak, spanning from WrestleMania VII - XXX, is at the very least one of the greatest accomplishments in the history of WM and professional wrestling in general. However, with hindsight (and sometimes foresight in this case) always being 20/20, it's plain to see that there were many booking mistakes and some very big opportunities missed to create extraordinary WrestleMania moments.

Some of you may have read my "Rewriting the Streak" thread series last year. In this thread, I will dissect what I feel were the 10 worst decisions regarding Taker's opponents and who should have squared off against the dead man for a more memorable
Old 11-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I couldnot understand whether you are asking us our opinion about the mistakes in the streak or you will tell your view first about them?

I am too confused...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'll change a few of Undertaker's matches.

9 - vs. Lex Luger - Google pictures of Giant Gonzalez. *Shudders*

15 - vs. Ken Shamrock - HIAC - He would've been a much better option than the Big Boss Man, who was just a mid-carder.

19 - vs. Chris Benoit - Anything would be better than that ridiculous handicap match.

20 - vs. Brock Lesnar - Lesnar announces he's leaving because he's done it all. Taker claims Lesnar hasn't ended the streak.

22 - vs. Kurt Angle - World Title - They had a great match at No Way Out.

27 - vs. Wade Barrett - Perhaps this is too much too soon for Barrett, but he could have gotten a rub and HHH didn't need 3 streak matches.

29 - vs. CM Punk - WWE Title - This is Punk's title record vs. Taker's streak.

30 - vs. John Cena - Taker finally faces the face of the company. His streak also stays intact.

32 - vs. Sting - This needs to happen.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:44 AM

Grizzly0u812 is looking to come up from OCW...

not sure the 10 biggest booking mistakes but I do know Undertaker for what I can remember never faced certain wrestlers at WrestleMania, like Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, I think Bret Heart, not sure if he faced big show either, wondering how the streak would be putting up those names at their prime, Stone Cold would of been a good fight, Big Show also, Hogan I know many will say politics would play out but either way there are names he never faced either because they did not want to take a loose at WrestleMania or something
Old 11-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Okay.... Understood....
In my point of view,
Brock Lesnar shouldnot have broken the streak
Shouldnot have had 3 matches with Triple H
Old 11-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

I hate this topic so much. It always ends up with stuff like Taker should have defeated Hulk Hogan at WM7 and Ultimate Warrior at WM8. It was not a mistake to put Taker against guys like Snuka, Roberts, and Bundy early in his career. Some people seem to think that it was planned ever since Taker walked in the door in 1990 that he was going to go 21-0 at WrestleMania so WWE should have put him in the ring with the biggest names from day one. Taker's streak was not planned. It was just a very fortunate coincidence that WWE stumbled into. Around 2005 they realized what they had and turned it into a selling point every year. It's amazing that the Undertaker gimmick even lasted more than a couple years. To set him up for 20 years of success just a few months after his debut is unrealistic. If Taker went against Hogan or Warrior at WM7 his mania record would have started at 0-1. Taker's opponents have been fine for the most part. Sure there have been some clunkers, 15, 19, and to a lesser extent 22, but overall the list of victims is fine. The only real mistake is not having Taker face Cena, win or lose, sometime over the past five years.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:54 AM

Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
I hate this topic so much. It always ends up with stuff like Taker should have defeated Hulk Hogan at WM7 and Ultimate Warrior at WM8. It was not a mistake to put Taker against guys like Snuka, Roberts, and Bundy early in his career. Some people seem to think that it was planned ever since Taker walked in the door in 1990 that he was going to go 21-0 at WrestleMania so WWE should have put him in the ring with the biggest names from day one. Taker's streak was not planned. It was just a very fortunate coincidence that WWE stumbled into. Around 2005 they realized what they had and turned it into a selling point every year. It's amazing that the Undertaker gimmick even lasted more than a couple years. To set him up for 20 years of success just a few months after his debut is unrealistic. If Taker went against Hogan or Warrior at WM7 his mania record would have started at 0-1.
This.

Defeating Undertaker at Wrestlemania wasn't considered a legendary achievement before HBK tried in 2009. It was referenced more and more as it grew, but breaking "The Streak" is still a fairly modern concept. Guys like Randy Orton and Edge pointed out that 'taker had never lost at WM, but it didn't matter. The Streak became what it did because it happened naturally. So the only way there were "huge booking opportunities missed" would be if Undertaker was constantly featured in the main event. In which case, the streak probably would've been ended years ago by a younger main eventer like Edge or Batista.

As far as matches I'd change, the only one that comes to mind is the handicap match. IMO, it should have been a 1-on-1 match against A-Train (given his monster heel push during 2003). Big Show and Nathan Jones should have stayed away from the match completely. Other than that, no complaints.

Last edited by Woodstuff : 11-15-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:34 AM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

#1: It shouldn't have been ended by Brock Lesnar.

The end.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:48 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LODemolition View Post
It goes without saying The Undertaker's 21-0 undefeated streak, spanning from WrestleMania VII - XXX, is at the very least one of the greatest accomplishments in the history of WM and professional wrestling in general. However, with hindsight (and sometimes foresight in this case) always being 20/20, it's plain to see that there were many booking mistakes and some very big opportunities missed to create extraordinary WrestleMania moments.

Some of you may have read my "Rewriting the Streak" thread series last year. In this thread, I will dissect what I feel were the 10 worst decisions regarding Taker's opponents and who should have squared off against the dead man for a more memorable
I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused here myself. Are you asking us what we think is the top 10 booking errors so you can dissect them or are you making a new thread with the most popular?

But I will answer it as I've read it. Brain in right, there were no real booking errors. The way the streak was booked ended up with it being the way it turned out 21-1. If they had even one year put someone else in against Taker, the streak might have ended earlier.

To be honest I can't remember all of the matches. I can remember that the streak was one thing the WWE used to sell Wrestlemania. Who would the Undertaker face that year and would the streak continue? I fondly remember that being a question that was asked each year, and we all tuned in to find out the answer.

While each and every match might not have been a stellar 5 star match, they did provide a Wrestlemania moment, as it kept the streak alive for another year. When you talk about an event that happened once a year over 22 years, it's not each and every individual match that counts, it's the streak as a whole. Once you start breaking it down to the sum of it's parts, it might not look that fantastic, as there was probably better wrestler's available for Taker which would have made for a better match.

I prefer to look at it as a whole, which is what the WWE wants us to do. They made a big deal out of it, and by all rights should. It will never be equaled, this is one record that in my opinion will never be broken.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:47 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_Sports_Entertainer View Post
29 - vs. CM Punk - WWE Title - This is Punk's title record vs. Taker's streak.
This one wouldn't work. You can't have Taker win the title with the schedule he has. Punk also took time off after this so he couldn't win here either (nor should he have).

The only thing I would have changed is his last match being The Streak ending. While Undertaker is still fun to watch, his Mania match with Wyatt didn't have the feeling that old Taker mania matches did (lackluster feud aside). The Streak made his matches special. It has a different, less exciting feeling.

With that being said, Lesnar was the perfect guy to do it. The storyline after it has been near perfect. I would have held off Taker vs Lesnar 3 until Mania but I didn't mind the way they did it.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER