WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-08-2015, 03:15 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default It *LOOKS* Like It *MIGHT* Be On At Long Last

According to Dave Meltzer, there's a likelihood of Taker vs. Cena finally taking place at WrestleMania XXXII. As WrestleMania is still quite a ways off, plans could change if these are indeed the actual plans in the first place. On one hand, this will still be a highly anticipated match since we haven't seen these two wrestle against each other in well more than 10 years. On the other, this would've been a huge money match if the streak remained in tact. That's not to say that it won't draw big, but the streak being firmly in place gives a simple, easy to follow, logical storyline in which Cena tries to climb the one mountain he, nor anyone else for that matter, hasn't climbed. Have we seen it before? Sure, but it's no less compelling because of it's logical simplicity; after all, what does a man do when there's nothing left for him to accomplish except one thing? The answer is that he goes after that one thing, that one final challenge.

There's still all kinds of potential for this match to be highly entertaining, though the stakes of the streak being on the line would've put it over the top.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:36 PM
ROH Pure Champion

laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think that the streak not mattering makes this match more important. I also think that it has to be a retirement match with cena retiring undertaker.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:45 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Won't say I called it, but I called it. Well, it hasn't happened yet, but if it does than I called it...

Really though, I don't know if this had been the plan back when I made my thread on this topic or if this match arose due to all the current injury problems, but it's a smart way to go for WWE. If you're not going to give the people Taker/Sting, the next best thing we can get is the dream match of Taker/Cena and it will draw a ton of eyes to Wrestlemania.

As for the Streak, yeah it would have made things more exciting, but it's almost as if it still exists to be honest. Lesnar's the "1", so will they ever let anyone beat Taker again? That's one of the strorylines I'd be thinking about were this match to go down. The obvious choice would be Cena, but whether they ever let Taker lose at Mania again remains to be seen.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:03 PM

V Dogg is looking to come up from OCW...

I said for months now that it had to be either Sting or John Cena to take on Taker. With Cena getting the nod, I'm happy.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:32 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

With the streak gone, there's a higher chance that Cena wins (then again they wasted the streak break on a part timer that didn't need the rub), which makes the match a little more exciting. They can keep Cena out of the title picture as a Taker Mania match doesn't need the title to be "one of the main events" (I know some people hate the idea of multiple MEs, but Wrestlemania is one that always has multiples).

They could try to turn Cena Heel, but I think it works fine as a respect based face to face, we can even see Taker pull out some of Cena's Darkside, without him actually going heel.

We'll have to see that Cena + Taker both stay healthy, and if they decide to steer the World title towards it.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:53 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Completely irrelevant. They wasted The Streak on a part-timer who wrestles barely more than Undertaker does and whose prime was 12 years ago. Undertaker has spent the latter half of this year being effortlessly slapped around by Brock Lesnar. With Undertaker's entire career invalidated and flushed down the toilet to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego, there's absolutely no point to him having more matches. He should not be seen or heard from again until he's inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, hopefully by then some of the shit heaped on Undertaker will have washed off.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I still think the bigger match and the match I would much prefer to see if Sting vs Taker, Was so looking forward to finally seeing this dream match predicted at this years Wrestlemania which never happened, Then again at this years Summerslam which never happened again.
Any other day Taker vs Cena would be a great match but if Sting vs Taker never happened again this coming year any other Taker matches instead would just be disapointing.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Finally, one of my all-time dream matches is about to come true. There is no better place than a stadium filled with 105.000+ people. Because if that match happens, then the sell out will happen.

Seriously this match, in terms of hype and drawing power, is in the same level as Rock vs Cena, Austin vs Rock, Rock vs Hogan and Hogan vs Andre. The face of the WWE colliding with a legend of the wrestling bussiness.

Had the streak was not broken, then I believe that this match would be a much bigger deal, but I think it's better that way. Cena breaking the streak wouldn't feel right, so now he can beat Taker without the 'E receiving all the negative backlash. Actually, this one seems like the most unpredictable match Taker will ever have at Wrestlemania. The chances for each man to win are 50-50.

I don't really care who wins though. Cena has already reach a legendary status. Winning and losing won't hurt his drawing ability any more. Summerslam 2014 is proof of that. Taker's a legend as well. I would like to see Taker getting the win, so that Lesnar can stay as the only wrestler to ever beat Undertaker, until he gives a young star the rub at least. But, I wouldn't mind if Cena were to win, since he's the one sticking around for more years.

I also believe that this match is a much bigger draw that Sting vs Undertaker. Why? Because Cena is a much bigger name than Sting, when it comes to accomplishments and drawing power. Sting vs Undertaker would be huge back in 1999. Right now, it's just a dream match between two icons, but not as much of a draw. That's my opinion at least.

I wanted to see that match ever since 2010, I'm happy that it might be happening at Wrestlemania 32, in front of the biggest crowd ever.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:11 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

I would only have cared about this match if Taker still had his streak because Cena is one of the guys WWE would have picked to end the streak. Right now if Cena vs. Taker were to happen it would just be another match.

Heck I think that's how I felt with his match with Bray Wyatt at WM31, there was no streak to defend so I couldn't get invested in their program. Don't get me wrong the match was good but I kind of feel that Taker's appearance at WM doesn't feel as special anymore.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:49 AM

King26J is looking to come up from OCW...

Speaking as someone who is going to Wrestlemania I have got to say that this makes me want to puke. Ugh, I really hope they don't waste Undertaker on a Cena match. If there's any justice this won't happen. I'm praying it doesn't.