WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Who ends up the World Champion after Survivor Series?

Now that it is official that there will be a new champion after survivor series who are we going to see as the champion on Raw the next night? Will Roman Reigns finally get the strap? Could we see Alberto Delrio step up and take the gold again Could Taker or Kane step out of the shadows and walk away with the belt? Do they put the strap on Kevin Owens and let him have a run with it or does Daniel Bryan make his return and take the gold? Could Brey Wyatt take the strap and use his family to retain the gold or at the end of the night will Shamus play the spoiler and cash in and walk away with the prize?
The point is that the field is wide open right now and anything could happen. What do you think is the most likely senerio that will transpire at SS and who shows up on Raw on Monday with the strap?
sendpm.gif
Old 11-05-2015, 10:49 PM

adam is looking to come up from OCW...adam is looking to come up from OCW...adam is looking to come up from OCW...

Likely it will be Roman Reigns but if Daniel Bryan ever gets cleared
he'll be the perfect choice.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-05-2015, 11:56 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

All logic points to Roman Reigns...or maybe even Dean Ambrose.

They could the surprise of 2015 and have Undertaker win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt for the 5th time, 8th World Title total.

I'm hoping it's the long shot, either Chris Jericho or Kurt Angle.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-05-2015, 11:56 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LascoX View Post
Will Roman Reigns finally get the strap? Could we see Alberto Delrio step up and take the gold again Could Taker or Kane step out of the shadows and walk away with the belt? Do they put the strap on Kevin Owens and let him have a run with it or does Daniel Bryan make his return and take the gold? Could Brey Wyatt take the strap and use his family to retain the gold or at the end of the night will Shamus play the spoiler and cash in and walk away with the prize?
ok....first let me eliminate a few people. Del Rio makes little sense. he just won the US title and to have him run with the World title wouldn't do the US title much good. i think they should push Del Rio as the US Champion, possibly even having his own version of the title........Kane and Undertaker make very little sense, one's a part time wrestler and the other one is past his prime and shouldn't hold the title........i would love to see Bray holding the title, but i doubt he wins it. my guess is that he'll feud with Taker and Kane and could be screwed out of the tournament early due to Kane or Undertaker.......and finally, Kevin Owens (as much as i am a huge fan of his), won't win the championship, just yet. my guess is that his title run will come sometime when HE wins Money in the Bank.....so that leaves 3 people on your list. Daniel Bryan would be the BEST choice for the title run, but i doubt highly he even will be in it.....so that leaves Reigns and Sheamus and those are my top two choices with Dean Ambrose also involved in the decision. my hope is that Bryan returns and wins it, but i HIGHLY doubt it, so my 2nd choice is for Dean Ambrose or Roman Reigns to win it.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-06-2015, 12:00 AM

suleman09 is looking to come up from OCW...suleman09 is looking to come up from OCW...suleman09 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the smart choice is to finally put it on Roman by turning him heel. I really think this could make for amazing television. Think about this for the coming months

Reigns vs Ambrose is the main event of Survivor series (assuming the tournament brings it down to 2 guys at SS) (If they have more than 2 guys i'm assuming Reigns and Ambrose will be apart of it)

Have The Authority ringside to see who will be the next guy to grab the strap because their "chosen one" is out.

Reigns has some sort of underhanded plot with Triple H planned out where if it looks like Dean is about to win, Triple H slides in the Sledgehammer for Roman to use while Triple H distracts the ref and Roman knocks Dean with it to turn heel and capture the belt. (He's already being booed right? Why not turn him heel and use the boos to their advantage)

Let Reigns hold it until Seth Rollins can return, they can show vignettes showing Rollins training to heal up, get stronger, get better to hype the fans that he might be returning soon. Then have Seth return (to which i'm sure the crowd will erupt for him to come back) to feud with The new Authority led by Roman Reigns and he can get the strap back after some chasing.

And for anyone saying "Roman's not ready, he sucks on the mic"
Sure his mic skills are lack luster, but so is Lesnars and people love him because Heyman does a great job and building him. So we can have Triple H be Reigns' mouth piece and build him up, and Reigns is solid in the ring so I have no problems there.

That's how I would play out SS and after (I know it's more than you asked for but I felt like sharing my idea lol)
sendpm.gif
Old 11-06-2015, 12:15 AM
.you.lose.

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Odds are, the Undertaker/Kane (+2) vs Wyatt Foursome will still take place, probably between the semi-final matches and the final championship match on the card. So, those guys will likely not be involved in the tournament, which probably will just be 8 guys.

Reigns and Ambrose will both be in it. Probably Owens and Del Rio as well, as they were both in the 4-Way and are solid heels. I'd add Ziggler as well, but he might be tied up with Breeze, and, actually, Del Rio might be tied up with Swagger, unless they really want to just throw those guys in as well to make first round matches, Del Rio/Swagger and Ziggler/Breeze. Ambrose could face Owens and Reigns could face an eighth guy to round things out.

Reigns beats the TBD guy, probably Big Show. Ambrose goes over Owens. Del Rio over Swagger, and maybe Breeze over Ziggler.

Reigns over Del Rio. Ambrose over Breeze.

That sets up Reigns and Ambrose in finals. Reigns is the given. I'd be shocked if he doesn't make it that far. Ambrose is a little iffy, but judging that he really is the second pick of so many people to make it that far, how involved he is with Reigns, and the small hints of a heel turn, I can see the story unfolding in his favor. However, if they really want Reigns to win, they could just push one of the heels, Owens, Del Rio, or even Sheamus, through over Ambrose to get Roman a better face reaction.

This is Survivor Series though, and everyone is expecting a screwy finish to this tournament, much like everyone was expecting a screwy finish to Reigns/Rollins anyway. Some have been suggesting the Authority screws Ambrose, in the event of Ambrose/Reigns in finals, a match where Ambrose will likely be cheered at least in a 60/40 majority, and backs Roman Reigns to win his first WWE title. Much like 1998, we have a new, fresh, heel champion, and a big babyface in Ambrose to chase him.

However, the inverse is also possible. Assume the same match, but Ambrose turns instead. He sells out to win gold, citing jealousy of Roman's success, and Reigns remains the babyface to chase Ambrose into Mania. It could happen.

Last edited by Checkmate : 11-06-2015 at 12:17 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-06-2015, 12:15 AM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Roman Reigns wins the tournament and gets the title, then Sheamus cashes in and beats him for it. That's how I've seen Survivor Series ending since Reigns became #1 Contender, he wins the belt and then Sheamus takes it from him.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:46 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

boozinjedi is looking to come up from OCW...

Who leaves Survivor Series as champion????
SHEAMUS!!!
Even if he exits the tournament early!
He could pick the bones so to say!
Especially if it's 16 man,4 round event....Like it was way back in the 90's and WM4...
But most likely it will be 8 men,3 rounds.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:43 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

Posted in another thread but guess it belongs here:

It absolutely cannot be Undertaker. That does the company no good both from a storyline sense and a realistic sense. They need the world champ to be fighting and working every week, and Undertaker can't do that. Putting the belt on him leaves them in just as bad a position as it would be if they just had kept it on Daniel Bryan post WrestleMania or let Rollins keep it now.

For me, I can see it going one of these ways:

1) Reigns wins whatever this SS tournament thing will be outright and gets it.

2) Reigns wins with the help of The Authority and afterwards or next night on RAW it is obvious he joined them. Can spin it as Authority realizes they "made a mistake" with Seth. His injury proves he wasn't ready for it and Reigns is the guy. Or that Reigns sold out realizing this was his best chance to get the belt.

3) Same scenario as above only Ambrose is involved and turns heel to the Authority.

4) Shocking SummerSlam entrant wins it. Someone we don't anticipate making a return. Or Lesnar makes a surprise appearance and gets back the belt he really never lost in the first place. (Vince could be in panic mode and feed Lesnar more money on the contract to work an increased schedule the next few months since the product is in emergency mode now).

5) The worst, and I am afraid the way they go: Sheamus gets eliminated from this SS tournament thing early. Someone wins the title. But Sheamus comes out and cashes in MITB on an exhausted winner and gets the belt.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-06-2015, 01:46 AM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Sheamus would be the most boring option of all. So far this week, he's lost to Finn Balor and the Lucha Dragons. They've been giving Sheamus the Daniel Bryan 2012 treatment where he won the briefcase, then proceeded to lose constantly as a way of garnering heat. It's the same process they keep repeating with Barrett.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sheamus, just not as Mr. MITB or at the top of the card. I had him pegged for the IC title but then he seemed to win the luggage seemingly only because Reigns was deemed not ready.

Reigns as champion seems a forgone conclusion to a lot of people, with WWE obviously taking notice. I'm not certain Reigns was destined to win before the Rollins injury. If Regins does win the title, it will almost certainly be as babyface. I really doubt they steer from the course with Reigns, even if it would be more compelling to some.

Ambrose could usurp the title, that being the only way I see him winning. Having another Shield member become Authority golden boy seems like way too big of a rehash.

Anyone continuing the Authority angle just kind of crushes me. This seems like an excellent opportunity to start fresh with a heel champion that isn't necessarily connected with the Authority.

One of the following leaves Survivor Series as champion: Reigns. Ambrose, Sheamus, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, or Daniel Bryan.

Bryan has said in interviews that he's ready to come back. I don't think he's the right choice either. I'd love to see Chris Jericho come back, if only to win the title and drop it to Sheamus right away.

I'll even make a case for Jericho, he's a mainstream name. WWE might even get some mainstream media attention putting the title on someone like Jericho. In reality though, the title should wind up on a full timer.

A face chasing the title is the best outcome, so I'm making my official prediction to be Ambrose turning heel on Reigns, and not aligning himself with the Authority. Reigns winning the Rumble seems to be the money move, although I'm not certain Ambrose would wind up his opponent.
sendpm.gif