WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Jtrivera Jtrivera is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 86
Jtrivera is looking to come up from OCW...
Default The Young Bucks

Title speaks for itself, I look at these two superstars and I see nothing but talent and potential. Recently signing a mice contract with ROH, they seem to be the team everyone wants. However, after watching several of their old matches I can't help but wonder, when are they going to be their own team? They have tons of good innovative tag team moves. But honestly that's about it, the high spots are cool but I can't stand watching a team that just keeps copying past performers.

For example, one of their matches they did a cocky pin, leg on the chest arms across their body then screamed "yeah baby" a signature move done by a young Jericho. Then we have the ever so famous "2 sweet" which personally I think is completely idiotic for anyone aside from Nash Hall, HHH and Michaels doing it. I was once working on a show in the indies and saw two indy wrestlers greet each other by doing the whole two sweet thing, marks without a doubt. Then we have the suck it taunts which they not only abuse, but they also have no reason to be doing so. Lastly the Super Kick, which isn't really copying off anyone, but using it as a regular move 30 times in a match just for the hell of it is a bit much don't ya think?

Call it a nod to former wrestlers with what they do, but if I'm in the business I would want to be the first set of Young Bucks, and not just another Matt & Jeff, I've seen these guys go from Generation me to the wrestlers they are now. Yeah they've improved a hell of alot but I'm in the minority here when I feel they need to break out and become something other than a team who keeps taking other things from wrestlers such as signature taunts and what not.

What is your opinion when it comes to The Bucks using these things?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 PM
El Killjoy's Avatar
El Killjoy El Killjoy is offline
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwestern, Puerto Rico
Age: 26
Posts: 3,654
El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...
Default

By far one of the most polarizing acts in wrestling I've ever seen. John Cena wishes he could be as divisive as these two. Because you either love their flips, NWO/DX throwbacks and their "we're very indy" in ring style, or you just can't stand them one bit. I'm the latter. Every time I see these two in the ring, I fail to see the appeal. I see two scrawny guys in Midnight Rockers gear paying tribute to the NWO (another piece of wrestling history I hate for damaging the simple heel/face dynamic) and performing a very basic Side Kick constantly. Not to mention their finishing move formally known as the Meltzer Driver, now Indytaker just makes me wonder if these two are out to actually entertain the masses or just give Dave Meltzer a raging stiffie. In my eyes, they are not a mainstream act and should they go to WWE they would need an enormous make over. Their attitude (I know it's just a gimmick) just screams the epitome of indy hipsters who believe it's more about the moves than the emotion. A bad stereotype to portray in a business where storytelling and character building tends to be what moves the needle the most.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-05-2015, 06:21 AM
Hollywood Naitch's Avatar
Hollywood Naitch Hollywood Naitch is offline
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Republic of Mancunia
Age: 30
Posts: 5,206
Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...
Default

I find the Young Bucks entertaining, but then I was a HUGE fan of The Hardy Boyz when I was younger, so I do like their high-flying, spectacular style.

However, as fun as I find some of their antics (like the Superkick party and the catchphrase/taunt stealing), I don't think it's a good thing for the business. It's like they are making fun of those who came before them and paved the way for the young guys today.

I would like to see them perform in WWE, but I highly doubt that'll happen unless they change their attitude/gimmick and tone down their style to fit in with WWE. I expect they'll remain an indie act for the forseeable future.
__________________

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2015, 09:25 AM
It's Damn Real!'s Avatar
It's Damn Real! It's Damn Real! is offline
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 33
Posts: 4,931
It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
By far one of the most polarizing acts in wrestling I've ever seen. John Cena wishes he could be as divisive as these two. Because you either love their flips, NWO/DX throwbacks and their "we're very indy" in ring style, or you just can't stand them one bit. I'm the latter. Every time I see these two in the ring, I fail to see the appeal. I see two scrawny guys in Midnight Rockers gear paying tribute to the NWO (another piece of wrestling history I hate for damaging the simple heel/face dynamic) and performing a very basic Side Kick constantly. Not to mention their finishing move formally known as the Meltzer Driver, now Indytaker just makes me wonder if these two are out to actually entertain the masses or just give Dave Meltzer a raging stiffie. In my eyes, they are not a mainstream act and should they go to WWE they would need an enormous make over. Their attitude (I know it's just a gimmick) just screams the epitome of indy hipsters who believe it's more about the moves than the emotion. A bad stereotype to portray in a business where storytelling and character building tends to be what moves the needle the most.
This.

They're fucking awful. Awful. Their entire existence is predicated on appealing to that niche market of fans who know and understand the satire of over-selling their own gimmick. It’s odd… their gimmick is a gimmick itself. Like a gimmick of a gimmick. I can’t think of anyone in wrestling who went this far down the rabbit hole before.

I used to joke back when they were still in TNA that they ought to just go by “The Rancho Cucamonga Boys”, because the little segment TNA did on them highlighting that they came from there was probably the most entertaining thing they’d ever done.

They are big fish in a little pond. And they probably like it that way. Hey, if it pays the bills, great. But I can't imagine them ever being able to get over with a crowd that doesn't live and breathe that independent "scene". I just don't think anyone would "get it".
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 37
Posts: 12,496
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
Because you either love their flips, NWO/DX throwbacks and their "we're very indy" in ring style, or you just can't stand them one bit. I'm the latter. Every time I see these two in the ring, I fail to see the appeal. I see two scrawny guys in Midnight Rockers gear paying tribute to the NWO (another piece of wrestling history I hate for damaging the simple heel/face dynamic) and performing a very basic Side Kick constantly. Not to mention their finishing move formally known as the Meltzer Driver, now Indytaker just makes me wonder if these two are out to actually entertain the masses or just give Dave Meltzer a raging stiffie. In my eyes, they are not a mainstream act and should they go to WWE they would need an enormous make over. Their attitude (I know it's just a gimmick) just screams the epitome of indy hipsters who believe it's more about the moves than the emotion. A bad stereotype to portray in a business where storytelling and character building tends to be what moves the needle the most.
I agree for the most part. It seems that just about every star of even moderate acclaim on the indie circuit has their own fans proclaiming them to be the greatest thing in all wrestling history and the Young Bucks are no exception. They may be the physical embodiment of that movement and I'm just not overly impressed with them.

When I look at the Bucks, I see a team that incorporates, or at least tries to incorporate, just about every sort of negative indie wrestling stereotype into their personas and matches. It's done purposely, for the most part, and it definitely screams something that appeals to a particular audience. They demonstrate little to no use or understanding of psychology, their matches are frequently composed of little more than high spots, the pace is so jacked that it's all about setting up the next spot rather than selling the moves or working to tell a story inside the ring. If that's what someone's into, then more power to 'em. It just doesn't work for me.

I don't see the Bucks coming to WWE. A few years back, if I remember correctly, they had a tryout with WWE and it didn't go over so well, allegedly, because of their attitude. I don't remember all the details, but I do know it had something to do with disrespecting Booker T and some others who were present at said tryout. If they did come to WWE, I think there'd be a major overhaul in their style and it'd be something of an improvement, at least in my opinion. They might actually learn how to use psychology and storytelling, they might learn that there's a lot more to a match than to just flip, flop and fly around like a squirrel on meth. After all, they'd have to cut back on the high spots if they made it to the main roster because they couldn't last. WWE's touring schedule is beyond hectic and it wouldn't take too long for their bodies to burn out from all the various high spots.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-05-2015, 10:32 AM
The Dragon Saga's Avatar
The Dragon Saga The Dragon Saga is offline
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Emerald Isle
Posts: 1,512
The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

I'm obviously a fan of The Young Bucks. They're entertaining, they're funny, brash, they have a "fuck the rules" attitude and the fact is so many people, especially guys like The Hardyz and The Dudleys who have all been in the game for so long and have seen great tag team after great tag team, can't be wrong. They love The Young Bucks, most promoters love The Young Bucks and they are essentially what brought back the "Too Sweet" hand gesture that Triple H now uses to pander to the IWC every time he signs a big guy outside WWE like Balor or Steen.

To say their act won't get over in the "big time" is laughable. Its gotten over everywhere they've gone. Japanese fans can't even understand what they say and yet last year 30,000 people were chanting "Young Bucks". They appeal to everyone because they're entertaining, whether you hate it or you like it, thats a fact. If its not your taste, thats fine, but that doesn't mean you discredit them because what they've done has worked.

They were told by TNA management, by ROH management, not to do certain things. "Stop using Superkicks", "stop doing crotch chops", "stop doing the Too Sweet sign", and after they got fired by ROH - and before that, TNA - they gave in and told everyone to fuck off and that they were going to do whatever they wanted. And that has worked ten fold for them.

The Young Bucks for me, are the same reason guys like Kevin Owens have taken off. Cut from the same cloth. Anyone here saying, "if they went to WWE they'd need a makeover" or "they wouldn't work in WWE" is a fucking retard. They'd arrive into WWE immensely over and their style would blow WWE fans heads off, the same way Balor's did. The Hardyz, The Dudleys, Balor, Kevin Owens are some pretty good references for how good The Young Bucks are. Bucks = money, there's no other way of putting it and now, they're ROH's money.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:04 AM
It's Damn Real!'s Avatar
It's Damn Real! It's Damn Real! is offline
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 33
Posts: 4,931
It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I agree for the most part. It seems that just about every star of even moderate acclaim on the indie circuit has their own fans proclaiming them to be the greatest thing in all wrestling history and the Young Bucks are no exception. They may be the physical embodiment of that movement and I'm just not overly impressed with them.

When I look at the Bucks, I see a team that incorporates, or at least tries to incorporate, just about every sort of negative indie wrestling stereotype into their personas and matches. It's done purposely, for the most part, and it definitely screams something that appeals to a particular audience. They demonstrate little to no use or understanding of psychology, their matches are frequently composed of little more than high spots, the pace is so jacked that it's all about setting up the next spot rather than selling the moves or working to tell a story inside the ring. If that's what someone's into, then more power to 'em. It just doesn't work for me.

I don't see the Bucks coming to WWE. A few years back, if I remember correctly, they had a tryout with WWE and it didn't go over so well, allegedly, because of their attitude. I don't remember all the details, but I do know it had something to do with disrespecting Booker T and some others who were present at said tryout. If they did come to WWE, I think there'd be a major overhaul in their style and it'd be something of an improvement, at least in my opinion. They might actually learn how to use psychology and storytelling, they might learn that there's a lot more to a match than to just flip, flop and fly around like a squirrel on meth. After all, they'd have to cut back on the high spots if they made it to the main roster because they couldn't last. WWE's touring schedule is beyond hectic and it wouldn't take too long for their bodies to burn out from all the various high spots.
Problem is, if you overhaul what got them over with the independent crowd to begin with, you fundamentally change the reason anyone would want to tune in to your product to see them, specifically.

I forget who it was I was arguing with here a bit back, but the claim was basically that if companies have interest in a talent, it means that talent is good. My response was that that's not true at all. If a company has interest in a talent it's becuase they think they can make money off that talent. TNA and WWE's involvement with The Jersey Shore are a prime example of this.

I just think the Bucks enjoy being big fish in a little pond, becuase where they are, doing what they are doing, the crowds they perform in front of appreciate them. If you fundamentally change them like TNA tried to, and like WWE would no doubt do, they lose their appeal (what little of it they have).
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:22 AM
El Killjoy's Avatar
El Killjoy El Killjoy is offline
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwestern, Puerto Rico
Age: 26
Posts: 3,654
El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon Saga View Post
I'm obviously a fan of The Young Bucks. They're entertaining, they're funny, brash, they have a "fuck the rules" attitude and the fact is so many people, especially guys like The Hardyz and The Dudleys who have all been in the game for so long and have seen great tag team after great tag team, can't be wrong. They love The Young Bucks, most promoters love The Young Bucks and they are essentially what brought back the "Too Sweet" hand gesture that Triple H now uses to pander to the IWC every time he signs a big guy outside WWE like Balor or Steen.
That handsign is such a stupid reminder of all the bullshit the Kliq pulled off in their heyday. Nice to see WWE has done such a good job spinning that stuff as "good".
Quote:
To say their act won't get over in the "big time" is laughable. Its gotten over everywhere they've gone. Japanese fans can't even understand what they say and yet last year 30,000 people were chanting "Young Bucks". They appeal to everyone because they're entertaining, whether you hate it or you like it, thats a fact. If its not your taste, thats fine, but that doesn't mean you discredit them because what they've done has worked.
"Everyone". Gotta love how fans of one promotion in another country suddenly becomes "the whole entire world" even though every previous post here read "I don't like them". So its everyone minus 4 then? No ones discrediting them. We're saying their work style is extremely divisive.
Quote:
They were told by TNA management, by ROH management, not to do certain things. "Stop using Superkicks", "stop doing crotch chops", "stop doing the Too Sweet sign", and after they got fired by ROH - and before that, TNA - they gave in and told everyone to fuck off and that they were going to do whatever they wanted. And that has worked ten fold for them.
And with good reason they said it. Its so cheap to just rely on the insider stuff and never do anything that feels legitimately organic and original.

Quote:
The Young Bucks for me, are the same reason guys like Kevin Owens have taken off. Cut from the same cloth. Anyone here saying, "if they went to WWE they'd need a makeover" or "they wouldn't work in WWE" is a fucking retard. They'd arrive into WWE immensely over and their style would blow WWE fans heads off, the same way Balor's did. The Hardyz, The Dudleys, Balor, Kevin Owens are some pretty good references for how good The Young Bucks are. Bucks = money, there's no other way of putting it and now, they're ROH's money.
No. Just listen to your delusional self. Finn Balor had something unique in his presence. So did Kevin Owens. And people are getting sick of WWE abusing the Superkicks and guess who's becoming a prime offender. Did Kevin Steen get signed because of Superkicks, "Too Sweet" and ripping off WWE apparel? No, it was his ROH World title run and feud with Generico. Did Prince Devitt get signed because of Superkicks? No, it was because of his entrance and unique attitude.

How about instead of being a wise ass and calling people "fucking retards" (I'll infract you the next time I see you use that line) you learn to look at things from other people's perspective?
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-05-2015, 12:18 PM
K Web V3's Avatar
K Web V3 K Web V3 is offline
The Premier Provider
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cali
Age: 31
Posts: 99
K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

The young bucks are a joke. Me and a 3-legged raccoon is a more entertaining tag team than those jokes. They'll never go to Wwe cuz they know they don't have the talent to make it. They'll just stay as others have said "big fish in a small pond"
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-05-2015, 01:04 PM
ヒュー G. レックション's Avatar
ヒュー G. レックション ヒュー G. レックション is offline
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Formerly UK, now Japan
Posts: 757
ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

I like them. They've found their niche and are very good at fun spotfest matches. And as for all the "gimmick infringement" surely copying all of these aspects from different wrestlers IS what makes them stand out?

I believe they could work a more psychology based style if they wanted to, but they choose not to. I can remember a time in TNA around 2011 when the Bucks were split and Matt had a great storytelling style match with Kazarian, they also had a good match against each other.

However as their current style stands, it's great for opening contests and comedy style matches, rather than the main event.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices