WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who's winning the 2016 Royal Rumble Match?
Roman Reigns 6 18.18%
Brock Lesnar 3 9.09%
John Cena 2 6.06%
The Undertaker 0 0%
Triple H 7 21.21%
Dean Ambrose 4 12.12%
Seth Rollins (Miracle Return) 1 3.03%
The Rock 0 0%
Kevin Owens 1 3.03%
Triple H 7 21.21%
Ryback 0 0%
Bray Wyatt 2 6.06%
Cesaro (Miracle Return) 0 0%
Current NXT Star/Or a Returning Legend 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2015, 05:38 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Royal Rumble 2016 General Discussion & Aftermath Reviews

As for the 2016 Royal Rumble pay per view I am actually excited for it but then again at the same time I am not excited for the PPV. I will tell you why? You ask why? Simple it is because of the smark idiot fans who will no doubt hijack the damn show since they have done it now for the past 2 damn years. It makes me wonder if they are going to do it again for the 3rd year in a row? It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Then again I just hope that WWE do not put Bryan in the Royal Rumble Match because if they do and he gets eliminated yet again all the fans are going to bitch and moan about it ruining it for everyone.

But then again the 2016 Royal Rumble Match brings up so many possibilities as far as the winner of the 2016 Royal Rumble Match is concerned so with that said my picks to win the 2016 Royal Rumble Match are:

Dean Ambrose because it is about time he breaks out from the shadow that is his former Shield brothers Rollins and Reigns but also if Ambrose is ever going to be trusted to be a main event guy then I think now is as good a time as any to pull that trigger

Seth Rollins if he is not champion by then Rollins winning it as a heel would make so much sense because it thrusts him right back into the main event right where he belongs

Bray Wyatt he would be a darkhorse and an out of the box pick because no one would expect it but also could you imagine a WrestleMania main event with Wyatt as the Royal Rumble Match winner? I know I could especially because Wyatt needs to be taken to that next level and him winning the Royal Rumble Match does that especially for his character gimmick wise
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:00 PM

Hillali2 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Hillali2

I disagree. 'Smarks' didn't hijack the last 2 royal rumbles. WWE booked the last 2 rumbles really badly. If you have to turn up the music to drown out the fans in the arena then your fans aren't happy with the product. People would have accepted Batista or Reigns winning the rumble if it was a logical, smart booking decision. But it wasn't. Get the booking right, build up the wrestle mania main event properly and maybe the fans wont verbally show there displeasure with the product.

For you to say it was internet 'smarks' that ruined 2 ppvs is ignorant. WWE ruined 2 ppvs with bad booking.

Reigns beats Rollins at Survivor Series. Sheamus cashes in on Reigns that night and wins. Reigns wins the rumble again but get the reaction he deserves because its booked right. Reigns wins WWE WHC at wrestlemania. Fans go home happy. Im calling it now.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Its going to be John Cena or Roman Reigns.....
If Rollins is not the Champion; then maybe he wins...
but Dean Ambrose...? They are not gonna give him any push to main event level unfortunately!
Old 10-27-2015, 10:14 PM

SmattyG is looking to come up from OCW...SmattyG is looking to come up from OCW...SmattyG is looking to come up from OCW...

The real wildcard is Daniel Bryan still. He would have to come back before TLC and prove his fitness, but if he does he'd have to be in the mix.

Assuming that won't happen, I can see Wyatt winning after the other three do all the work, and eliminate themselves at the end of the match when they are the last four. That would consolidate their position as a truly dominant faction.

Of course it won't happen. It'll be Cena.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:03 AM
heROCKules

the_peoples_adam is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Brock Lesnar must win it this time or Kurt Angle maybe coz he has never did that..
And Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose is a good option but not John Cena..
or anyone from NXT but i dont see that happening too quick..
Roman wont win this time coz Vince wont do that again...
Old 10-28-2015, 01:09 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Roman Reigns. He gets screwed from winning the title by Ambrose at Survivor Series. They fight at TLC and RR, Reigns goes 2-0 against Ambrose, moves on to RR and wins but faces Ambrose one last time at Fast Lane and wins again before facing Rollins again at WM.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:17 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadroan View Post
Roman Reigns. He gets screwed from winning the title by Ambrose at Survivor Series. They fight at TLC and RR, Reigns goes 2-0 against Ambrose, moves on to RR and wins but faces Ambrose one last time at Fast Lane and wins again before facing Rollins again at WM.
No that's too much like what happened last year between Reigns and Daniel Bryan. I know the WWE are lazy but doing the same script just changing one of the players won't fly.

Besides what has Ambrose done to Reigns for Reigns to completely go over him three PPV's in a row. Ambrose might just as well punch his card in and leave, that means he's laid down for just about him everyone on the roster so far.

Nothing wrong with Reigns winning the title of Rollins, Sheamus cashing in and failing, and most likely Cena will come back and win the Rumble. Then you have Cena/Reigns at Mania. I don't know how well that will sell tickets, but Reigns can't win the Rumble again and Daniel Bryan even if he's cleared to wrestle should be no where near it either.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

You're just plain wrong about smart fans ruining the last two Rumbles. The last two Rumbles could have been great, and they could have ended with Reigns and Batista victorious in their respective years to thunderous applause. WWE ruined their own Rumbles with poor booking contrary to the stories that they told.

If WWE told good compelling stories featuring Roman and Dave, the fans would have bought it. Batista and Reigns were both booked as having no struggle, they weren't given time to connect, and they both were given terrible scripted promos. It had less to do with anyone but Bryan, and more to do with anyone over or deserving. A win by Ambrose or Ziggler would have torn the roof off the stadium in Philly this year. Both had compelling stories, Ambrose had his losing streak and Ziggler had overcome the Authority.

This year the Rumble winner needs to have momentum, they need to be over, and they need to have overcome adversity. The possible Rumble winners have to be.

I think Reigns continuing the tradition of back to back Rumble winners follows what WWE has chosen to ignore two years running, telling a good story.

Reigns drawing the ire of fans, getting usurped by Rollins, and going on a year long redemption just makes sense. It's long form Storytelling, it's overcoming adversity, it's everything the last two Rumbles have been missing.

Reigns as number one contender at Survivor Series does throw this a curve as he may be champion come November, and I doubt WWE gives him a one month run.

I know it's the safe bet but it just makes sense. It tells a long form story, he overcomes adversity from fans, and redeems his loss from last year. Some things need to happen, but I doubt they will. Reigns needs more credible wins.

The Wyatt feud has been OK, but Wyatt isn't all that credible. I would have sent Roman through Triple H as soon as Roman came back from the hernia injury at the end of 2014, it boggles my mind that he didn't. They needed to get Roman over fast, so why didn't they pit him against their top heel?

There's still time before Mania, TLC, a match before the Rumble match, and even Fastlane are all stops along the way where it could take place. Personally, I would have put the two in a match last year.

Whatever happens, of the safe bets (WWE's preferred course) Roman at least has the degree of freshness that Cena does not.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:15 AM
Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
WWE Diva's Champion

UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...

They could try to pull off a "double winner" at the Rumble this year, if the rumored Shield triple-threat match actually happens (for the title, that is). Reigns & Ambrose would be the final two, and then they'd fall out of the ring and hit the ground at the exact same time ( la 2005, even though that one was unintentional). This time we wouldn't see a pissed off authority figure hit the ring & rip both quads simultaneously, however (although, how hilarious would that be? lol). If Reigns is champ come WM time, then the tie would obviously go to Ambrose & Rollins.

Of course they could still book a Shield triple threat match without the title on the line. WWE had a triple threat main event at the last two Wrestlemanias in a row; but both of those were audibles called at the last minute, because the fans didn't want Batista or Reigns to win. Maybe they want a "real" one-on-one match this year. Hopefully creative & Vince have learned from their mistakes, and they don't screw up again.

The answer to this question relies heavily on who will be champion in April of 2016. If one of the former Shield members is champ, then I think they might try for the triple threat. If Lesnar gets the title back (he still hasn't had a proper rematch against Rollins), the Rumble will seem a lot less predictable. Lesnar is another good contender to win the Rumble; seeing as how his feud with The Undertaker seems to be over (and we probably won't be seeing "Lesnar vs. Taker Part 4" at WM32). Like I already stated, the only rematch that Lesnar had for the title should have ended in a DQ. Whether or not that is ever addressed remains to be seen. Lesnar could just earn it "the hard way" at the Rumble.

I'd love to see a brand new contender win the upcoming Rumble. Guys like Cesaro, Kevin Owens (provided he drops the IC Title at TLC - or soon after), Bray Wyatt, or even Kane! Just kidding about Kane. Wyatt would be a great choice, and it's possible the reason why his feud with Taker is starting now (as opposed to holding off until WM) is so he can have that story wrapped up come WM time. Wyatt has three guys to help him win, as well (provided all four of them are entered into the Rumble). If they're planning on keeping The Wyatt Family together for a while (and I really hope they are), then that would make perfect sense. They could even tease one of the Wyatts turning face, by having two of them eliminate themselves by hopping the top rope on their own (assuming The Wyatts are the final four)...then one of them (probably Harper) would refuse, brawling with Bray for a few minutes before finally being dumped to the floor by the Eater of Worlds. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

As it's already been said, though - Cena is coming back in late December or early January...right? 2016 could easily be the year Cena finally ties Flair's record, and wins his 16th championship. See what I did there? You know that Cena would have a t-shirt with that correlation, as well. Hell, there's probably a warehouse in Stamford with thousands of them already.

Click for Spoiler:

Last edited by UFOcalling : 10-28-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:33 AM

yourdamnluck is looking to come up from OCW...

Lesner.
If Roman is the champ by rumble then I believe its going to be lesner. WWE will want to finish that feud given their first match was praised even by Roman haters.
It is too early to tell may be they decide to go with Rollins vs lesner with lesner losing in either case. As of now Lesner is the strongest contender for the rumble no one else is good enough.