WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Shane McMahon is returning to WWE

The son of Vince McMahon, the in ring daredevil , the mic spouting Shane McMahon is rumoured to return to the WWE in 2016. Even if it is to promote a DVD with his name on it, its kind of a big deal.

Shane and Vince ( they say ) had a falling out and Shane left wrestling forever to head to Japan to tend to his own business affairs. Stephanie McMahon has since taken his spot on the totem pole with husband Triple H.

Could Shane return and throw his hat back into the fray ? Would Triple H be seriously nervous to see Shane coming back and booting him out of his spot ? Would Stephanie and Shane butt heads again ? Its all very interesting.

But we have to wait until 2016 to see it.

."In 20 years we won't be viewed as -Mailmen- anymore and will be called -Drone Pilots- instead."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:42 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It might be interesting, I'd have to wait and see how it'd all come down. I'll have to see it to believe it as, last time I heard, Shane was Chairman and Principal Executive Officer of YOU On Demand Holdings Inc., which is the first ppv and video on demand service in China. Unless he quits, is released or some sort of business arrangement is being made that will increase WWE's presence in China, I don't see it being anything other than a rumor.

It's become fairly common for these rumors to stop popping up during the last handful of months of the year, at least it has for the past few years so, as I said, I'll have to see it to believe it and then see if I find it interesting.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-17-2015, 09:32 PM

silverbullet is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't recall "them" ever saying that, Vince is very happy and proud of shane, but I guess storyline was it would be a different story, I don't see there being any power struggle, shane will just probably join the authority or something like that.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It would be cool to see him again.

I don't really believe that any of the drama you're posting about was really true, at least to the extent that some say. Who knows though.

If he returned for a run and not just a one time thing, there would be some interesting possibilities. I'd enjoy it if he came back(along with Vince) and joined the authority, only for the "rumors" to play out in storyline......he and Stephanie butt heads and Vince sides with Stephanie and HHH, and Shane leaves and goes face.

That scenario would surely piss off a lot of the know it all smarks(which is always funny) as it would basically be making fun of them and sticking it in their face, and would have real potential to be very entertaining for all fans whether they know the so-called real story or not.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I can't see him leaving where he's at. He seems to have carved his own path. Going back to the WWE would be a step backwards unless he's like how Coach is with ESPN, using WWE to make him look better.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:14 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Shane took a risk a few years ago and sold ALL his WWE stock, it was clear he wasn't getting to take over the company ahead of Paul and Steph and he had other interests. He took all his shares out and put them into the PPV company in China - and made a shit load back in a relatively short space of time.

A couple of years back, Steph started shipping Stock and Shane started buying back in - not cut and dried it was HER shares he was buying, but he did start buying back in and it's most likely she was selling to her brother.

Shane has done what his dad did, he went out, put his own livelihood on the line and built something successfully. While Paul and Steph have stayed "in the wrestling bubble", Shane has some pretty sweet contacts outside, he was on the board at one of the major talent/managment agencies for example and it's a pretty safe bet that if WWE wants a presence in China, Shane is gonna be heavily involved as he's the guy they know and do business with - whatever the relative success of that business, being there for 7 years nearly is in itself a big indicator that he is liked there.

Shane is the guy who could have been a legit world champion if we'd never known he was Vince's son - when he did wrestle he was easily as good as many on the roster of that Attitude Era, and why wouldn't he be... all those legends to learn from and rings to learn in growing up.

I always felt it sad that Vince had to "win the Rumble and the title" in 99 when Shane could have made it a lot more interesting, you could have bought Shane v Austin at Mania for the title and while the Austin/Vince tale did drive business, Shane v Austin equally could have.

Apparently he's getting a DVD, which is interesting, be has some classic moments but very few are PG. I can absolutely see him returning to the WWE board in the not too distant future, in another sign that Vince is preparing to hand it over... I think that might be what they've been waiting for, for Shane to be ready so that the BUSINESS side of things is covered, and Trips and Steph handle creative.

He also brings in extra capital - even if YOD isn't doing as well lately, if he sells up he could still realize a good return on top of the $35m he is listed has having (similar to Steph and Hunter combined) so he could add something to the business in that way too.

Not to mention that he is the most popular of the McMahon's with the fans and many of the talents alike.

He's the right guy to take the Vince role as CEO, he's not as exposed as a character - so Wall Street will like that he's not constantly trying to work perception, he has a track record outside WWE that isn't tainted by very much at all (the only bloody eye was Rory McIlroy leaving the agency he's with) and from the "boys" perspective he's been in the trenches... has done all the jobs from referee to selling merch to headlining a PPV and is a guy many of the younger talent now will have grown up watching and perhaps been inspired by.

Shane never HAD to do any of the insane bumps etc, but he did them willingly, gladly and helped make guys like Austin, Taker and the like look better - so they too will have a lot of time for working with him.

From the WWE corporate perspective and Vince, it makes sense to have Shane in that role so he's not handing over to Trips and Steph 100% - Shane has that outside perspective now and that is important. It also takes that "eggs in one basket" feeling with Hunter and Steph... would it be a little harsh on them? Not really, Trips is clearly comfortable in charge of the talent and Steph in charge of TV - neither of them has had much real world boardroom experience - and Shane coming back would let everyone play to their strengths and hopefully grow the business.

As for onscreen - I think if this happens Shane doesn't really become a character again... He might do the odd bit here and there, but not a regular stint. He'd be the perfect guy to finally end "The Authority" for example and give that power to Mark Calloway as the new "President"/authority figure, that's the perfect post Taker role as the onscreen/Jack Tunney type who shows up when a decision is needed - anyone gonna mess with him? No...

Everyone will clamor for one more match - bad idea, I am sure he can get in the shape again and can probably still approximate what he was good at - but it'd be counter-productive, they have Hunter for that and he has been active a lot more recently.

I really do hope Shane comes back as above, it'd give a lot of confidence in WWE's future cos from the outside, it does look like this might have been part of the plan all along.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:19 AM
Lost Cause

Seosa is looking to come up from OCW...Seosa is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
Shane took a risk a few years ago and sold ALL his WWE stock, it was clear he wasn't getting to take over the company ahead of Paul and Steph and he had other interests. He took all his shares out and put them into the PPV company in China - and made a shit load back in a relatively short space of time.

A couple of years back, Steph started shipping Stock and Shane started buying back in - not cut and dried it was HER shares he was buying, but he did start buying back in and it's most likely she was selling to her brother.

Shane has done what his dad did, he went out, put his own livelihood on the line and built something successfully. While Paul and Steph have stayed "in the wrestling bubble", Shane has some pretty sweet contacts outside, he was on the board at one of the major talent/managment agencies for example and it's a pretty safe bet that if WWE wants a presence in China, Shane is gonna be heavily involved as he's the guy they know and do business with - whatever the relative success of that business, being there for 7 years nearly is in itself a big indicator that he is liked there.

Shane is the guy who could have been a legit world champion if we'd never known he was Vince's son - when he did wrestle he was easily as good as many on the roster of that Attitude Era, and why wouldn't he be... all those legends to learn from and rings to learn in growing up.

I always felt it sad that Vince had to "win the Rumble and the title" in 99 when Shane could have made it a lot more interesting, you could have bought Shane v Austin at Mania for the title and while the Austin/Vince tale did drive business, Shane v Austin equally could have.

Apparently he's getting a DVD, which is interesting, be has some classic moments but very few are PG. I can absolutely see him returning to the WWE board in the not too distant future, in another sign that Vince is preparing to hand it over... I think that might be what they've been waiting for, for Shane to be ready so that the BUSINESS side of things is covered, and Trips and Steph handle creative.

He also brings in extra capital - even if YOD isn't doing as well lately, if he sells up he could still realize a good return on top of the $35m he is listed has having (similar to Steph and Hunter combined) so he could add something to the business in that way too.

Not to mention that he is the most popular of the McMahon's with the fans and many of the talents alike.

He's the right guy to take the Vince role as CEO, he's not as exposed as a character - so Wall Street will like that he's not constantly trying to work perception, he has a track record outside WWE that isn't tainted by very much at all (the only bloody eye was Rory McIlroy leaving the agency he's with) and from the "boys" perspective he's been in the trenches... has done all the jobs from referee to selling merch to headlining a PPV and is a guy many of the younger talent now will have grown up watching and perhaps been inspired by.

Shane never HAD to do any of the insane bumps etc, but he did them willingly, gladly and helped make guys like Austin, Taker and the like look better - so they too will have a lot of time for working with him.

From the WWE corporate perspective and Vince, it makes sense to have Shane in that role so he's not handing over to Trips and Steph 100% - Shane has that outside perspective now and that is important. It also takes that "eggs in one basket" feeling with Hunter and Steph... would it be a little harsh on them? Not really, Trips is clearly comfortable in charge of the talent and Steph in charge of TV - neither of them has had much real world boardroom experience - and Shane coming back would let everyone play to their strengths and hopefully grow the business.

As for onscreen - I think if this happens Shane doesn't really become a character again... He might do the odd bit here and there, but not a regular stint. He'd be the perfect guy to finally end "The Authority" for example and give that power to Mark Calloway as the new "President"/authority figure, that's the perfect post Taker role as the onscreen/Jack Tunney type who shows up when a decision is needed - anyone gonna mess with him? No...

Everyone will clamor for one more match - bad idea, I am sure he can get in the shape again and can probably still approximate what he was good at - but it'd be counter-productive, they have Hunter for that and he has been active a lot more recently.

I really do hope Shane comes back as above, it'd give a lot of confidence in WWE's future cos from the outside, it does look like this might have been part of the plan all along.
I love everything about this post. It's always made sense that Shane should take over the corporate side of the business regardless of whether there's worries relating to Steph & Haitch's capabilities. His only real storyline would need to be the end of The Authority before taking over upstairs. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:00 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A lot of looking through rose tinted glasses on here. Would it really matter if Shane comes back? You either keep in a business role or not at all. On screen he is so unnecessary and will only make the messy scenario that is the authority, worse. Meanwhile I dont really think the business side of things can change that much, unless he comes up with a way to remove the stigma around wrestling (which wouldnt be his job anyway).
Old 10-18-2015, 03:34 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I would love to see Shane McMahon back, maybe as a babyface authority figure to counteract The Authority. I recall an episode of RAW back in 2003 or maybe 2004 where Vince McMahon teased firing Eric Bischoff as GM of RAW and replacing him with Shane, and the crowd went INSANE. People want to see Shane take over the company, but since that's never happening now that Shane has his own company, but I'd rather have a short-term return than nothing at all.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:36 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I wouldn't mind at all if he came back, always thought he was great. Very funny and has a lot of personality.

Let's face it Vince isn't getting any younger and he's lost a lot of credibility with fans over the last couple of years with his booking choices. So many think he's out of touch, and quite honestly what he thinks will entertain us, usually doesn't it's done more to entertain him.

Shane has shown that he can go into a country that is very hard to get a foothold in and run a successful business there. There is no reason to think that he couldn't take over the corporate side of the WWE and let Stephanie and HHH run creative. HHH has also shown with the success of NXT, that he's more than capable of running that end of it. The plus would be that Vince is still around in order to help them steer the ship so to speak, and can be used as a sounding board based on his wealth of experience.

In saying all that though, I don't expect to see immediate changes if it does happen. It will take awhile for everyone to get acclimatized to taking on expanded roles. But I think we will see a lot of positive changes in the end run.

Even though Shane has been out of the business for a few years now, the only thing that's changed are the people, the business itself is fundamentally the same. So I would welcome him back in the hopes that the business does get better.

What I would really like to see is a good product put out there every week, not just in the run up to the Rumble and Mania. This is a year round business, and sometimes I think they forget that. With new people, new ideas and the roster they have, there is no reason that can't happen. The ratings show that the product as it is now is lackluster, and we need someone to put some shine back on it.