WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-09-2015, 05:11 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Report: James Storm Hasn't Signed With WWE Yet, TNA Makes Sizeable Offer

Quote:
According to Ryan Satin of ProWrestlingSheet.com, despite working last night’s WWE NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University, James Storm has yet to sign a full-time contract with WWE.

Additionally, the report notes TNA wants Storm to re-sign with the company, and last week made him a sizable money offer which remains on the table.

WWE offered Storm a ticket to visit backstage at NXT Takeover Respect to further discuss Storm working with WWE and NXT. WWE reportedly wants Storm to sign a deal similar to that of Samoa Joe, but as of last night, Storm has yet to sign full-time with the company.

TNA reportedly reached out to Storm yesterday morning, when news broke that he was backstage at Full Sail for the NXT tapings, and made him an even bigger money offer, but apparently Storm is still weighing out his options.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6287...rms-nxt-status

--

Much as I love Storm, I can't imagine a return to TNA is what's best for him. Certainly not with where he left off (though I'll at least credit TNA with actually blowing up The Revolution and putting a finite end to it before he left), where things are with them contractually with television, etc.

NXT seems to be the place to be right now, especially if you are looking to impress WWE enough for a full-time contract and main roster spot.

I can't fault TNA for trying, but in this case, it's probably for gesture, or maybe to help him along with negotiations. He really ought to be WWE bound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't see it happen either. James Storm is most likely WWE bound and that's the best decision for him career-wise, specially if he wants to get that coach role that has been reported. Unfortunately that's a big loss for TNA, but it's their damn fault. Management has been awful for more than a year, ence why TNA is at their lowest ever as far as status goes (and at some extent quality, really).

I loved Storm as the leader of Revolution, but somehow TNA never did capitalize on that. In the beginning of the year he was involved in the tag team division and he never really got any bigger than that. He could've wrestled a babyface Lashley or Kurt Angle for the World Heavyweight Championship, and if he didn't grab the gold, at least his character would've had the exposure it actually deserved. Creatively speaking, he could've more freedom in TNA to actually showcase his talents, but if he indeed (most likely) goes to NXT, I am pretty sure that he will not disappoint. He's a good wrestler all around and he can make it work with that Full Sail crowd, and if WWE sees fit (I don't know about that) he can have a small run on the main roster to help develop some young cats.

If he did indeed made a return to TNA (he won't) I would like to see him and Lashley in a feud, with Bobby Roode getting involved with the King of The Mountain Championship. At least while there's no World Champion.

It's Damn Real
Old 10-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Another huge loss for TNA, Can't blame him for going to WWE though but was always kind of hopeful to see a Beer Money reunion at some point, Just hope WWE uses him right once he gets to the main roster as in my opinion he was one of if not the best homegrown talent to come out of TNA.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Knockout Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6287...rms-nxt-status

--

Much as I love Storm, I can't imagine a return to TNA is what's best for him. Certainly not with where he left off (though I'll at least credit TNA with actually blowing up The Revolution and putting a finite end to it before he left), where things are with them contractually with television, etc.

NXT seems to be the place to be right now, especially if you are looking to impress WWE enough for a full-time contract and main roster spot.

I can't fault TNA for trying, but in this case, it's probably for gesture, or maybe to help him along with negotiations. He really ought to be WWE bound.
Yea much as I like Storm he was going in circles in TNA. He needs a new venture, a new challenge at a new place where he would be able to to be seen with another set of eyes that are different from TNA bookers.

Also I feel like he needs to get in better shape and that won't happen if he stays in TNA.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:21 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Storm is done in TNA. Unless Dixie offers him Lesnar-type money, Storm is a fool to go back. He is not getting any younger, and TNA is just not a stable company right at the moment. NXT offers him a decent schedule and a chance to coach. Unless he is opening up his own school, his best bet is NXT.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:11 AM

aaronmb is looking to come up from OCW...

Samoa Joe vs Kevin Owens vs James Storm, hell, sign AJ Styles and make it a ladder match for the intercontinental title at mania.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:15 AM

theuk savior is looking to come up from OCW...

I am loving this it is the closest we will get now to people jumping ship.

always liked james storm from his days in amw to beer money great talent

wwe could make there own beer money team just bring dibasi jnr
Old 10-10-2015, 04:28 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

The fact that Storm is even in talks with WWE and has appeared at more than a few shows backstage now, kind of tells me where his mindset is. I highly doubt he'll be going back to TNA after feeling the electricity of NXT. WWE may use it as a marketing ploy, but it's kind of the truth; everybody wants to be a part of NXT nowadays and I don't see Storm passing up that chance, not unless he gets a ton of money from Dixie.

The question remains whether they'll even force him to sign a deal. Ciampa and Gargano both worked for a few weeks without deals and are still running around the indies if I'm not mistaken? I guess it's possible that Storm gets the same deal. However, I see Storm going the full-time route like Samoa Joe. I don't think he'll want to be traveling around the world touring the indies at his current age, and to really get a chance in NXT he'll have to sign with WWE.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
Storm is done in TNA. Unless Dixie offers him Lesnar-type money
He is done with TNA simply because Dixie can't afford to pay anyone on the roster Lesnar type money
Old 10-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
WWE Diva's Champion

UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Sorry about TNA's damn luck, but Storm would be a fool to go back to TNA at this point. The money that TNA is willing to pay him might be more than he would get from WWE/NXT at this point, but I can't imagine he wouldn't want the opportunity to work for WWE (or at least NXT). I'd have to imagine it's just about every pro-wrestler's dream to work for Vince (although there are some exceptions, of course), and Storm is no spring chicken. It's pretty much now or never for him to be a WWE "superstar"...it's not like they'd bring him in when he's Sting's age.

I appreciate Storm "doing the right thing" by letting Shera pin him in his final match for the company (presumably), even if Shera did it with help from Abyss & Manik. Like IDR said, kudos to TNA for being on top of the storyline as well - and making sure The Revolution got it's proper "death"...even if it was only on Impact, as opposed to BFG.

If Storm were to come back to TNA (which I believe is unlikely at this time), they'd have to not only promise him more money - but a better storyline as well. The Revolution was interesting, but it didn't utilize Storm in a way that really helped him climb the card. If I were in Storm's shoes, I'd have to be promised a more prominent role if I was even to entertain a TNA return (more main event type matches at the very least, if not actually getting the WHC again).

Will Storm be able to use the beer bottle at NXT/WWE? I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty confident that "PG Storm" won't be too much of a drastic departure from his TNA character. The word "damn" is still technically PG (so his catchphrase could stay the same), and Stone Cold is allowed to drink beer every time he comes back - so Storm could very well be the exact same character for all I know. I'm curious to see if he changes his moveset at all, especially his finisher(s)/signature moves - because he's got a few of 'em (Eye of the Storm, Last Call, Back Cracker/Code Breaker, etc). I wonder if they'll try to pair him with Joe. That could be interesting, even though Joe and Storm hardly have any history from their time together in TNA - at least not that I can remember.

Click for Spoiler: