WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-03-2015, 02:12 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Why The Undertaker vs John Cena Will Happen Come Mania 32

There has been a lot of speculation and rumor this past year as to who The Undertaker's opponent at Wrestlemania 32 will be. Many believe that we will finally get Sting vs The Deadman after almost 20 years of anticipation, others think Kane may be the man to challenge his brother, while the latest rumor is that Braun Stroman has emerged as a likely option for Taker's Mania opponent. While each opponent has his upsides and likely means something different for Taker and Mania, there seems to be one guy who is the perfect fit to this puzzle, and that's John Cena. It's amazing that throughout all the years they spent together on the WWE roster, John Cena and The Undertaker have never had a legitimate one on one feud, I don't even know if they've ever been in a one on one match before. If there is one spectacle that is still possible for the fans to witness (other than Taker/Sting) it's Undertaker vs Cena.

This match has to happen before Taker's retirement and the pieces have never been more in place than they are right now;

1. WWE want to sell out AT&T in Arlington which holds over 100 000 people. Cena vs Taker is arguably the biggest money match WWE has available right now. While Taker/Lesnar, Lesnar/Cena, Rock/Cena, etc. are undoubtedly mega-matches, we've seen them all before. Cena/Taker is a fresh match that will appeal to absolutely everybody; the casuals, the kids, the oldies, you name it, people will buy into it. Other than possibly Rock/Brock, there is no match currently available that will draw more than Taker/Cena.

2. Cena's out of the world title picture. For the last few years, it's been nearly impossible to picture a John Cena/Undertaker Mania match given that Cena has always been around the World title. With the WWE championship most likely out of his grasp this year, Cena has become a real option for The Undertaker. Although Cena is currently the US champ, if latest rumors are to be believed, he won't be holding the title for much longer. For the first time in many years, it seems as if John Cena will not be restricted by a feud or title heading into Mania season.

3. Cena can bring the best out of The Undertaker. John Cena has been bringing the best out of everyone lately and has been having some real solid matches since winning the US title. After a few lacklustre matches for Taker, Cena can be the guy to really give Taker the last classic of his career. I can't see this match ending up as anything but great.

4. It looks as if John Cena will be out until the end of December. Do I really have to explain this? Great opportunity to have his return coincide with Takers. Would blow the roof off of whatever building they're in.

5. WWE doesn't seem to have a plan for either of these guys yet. As I mentioned the current crop of opponents being discussed for Taker at Mania include Kane and Stroman... nothing seems to have been discussed for Cena yet. Considering that pairing these two up wouldn't really disrupt the current plans for Mania makes this all the more a no-brainer.

6. Sting vs Taker can still happen next year. I have a funny feeling Taker's not done yet and I believe Sting can still go once more. Plus this match should end both guys' careers. Waiting one more year wouldn't hurt.

What do you think? Can it happen? WILL it happen?
Old 10-03-2015, 02:24 PM
ROH Pure Champion

laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'll be honest, part of me thinks that the break for Cena is going to be for him to go down to Texas and work with Undertaker so that they can really put a match together.

I have (for years and years) hoped that Cena was the one to retire Undertaker, because after Brock, no one else can absorb that much heat, and that much attention.

A solid 20 minute match between the two could really put an emphatic end to Undertaker's career, and a 2017 HoF headliner.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:36 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...

Ive been saying this for a while and Roman Reigns (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship needs to happen. It makes sense. Cena is leaving due to personal reasons and is now expected to win the RR (Unfortunately). Reigns will become the face of WWE in his abscence and will probably win the WWE Title at Survivor Series. If WWE was smart they would work the reports of Cena getting upset at the negative reactions he has been getting as the personal reasons he left for. There is also the reports of WWE wanting to do this match in 2016 with Cena winning #16. Add that with the fact that this match is too big for any other event than WrestleMania. Cena to cheating to win this turning heel in the process, passing the torch.
US- BRAY WYATT
WORLD TAG TEAM- THE ASCENSION
ROYAL RUMBLE- AJ STYLES
MONEY IN THE BANK- SAMI ZAYN
Old 10-03-2015, 04:07 PM

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

They did feud when Cena was a heel many years ago, the matches were pretty good too.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Eccentric Enigma
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Soulblazed is looking to come up from OCW...Soulblazed is looking to come up from OCW...Soulblazed is looking to come up from OCW...

Great idea, OYDK...Cept as HORRORHOLIC already stated, they did have a feud, back in 2003..I'll post the videos below to refresh everyone's memory on that surprisingly good feud..Hell, WWE can even go the extra mile and say that Taker and Cena had a feud back in 2003 when Cena was still new to the WWE, which in part would be why Cena's challenging Taker at Wrestlemania 32, in order to prove to himself that he's finally capable of beating The Undertaker. Cena could even take it further by saying that after his 2002 WWE debut match against Angle, Taker showed him respect backstage.

Now as for Taker vs Cena in Dallas at Wrestlemania 32..It'd be great to see that happen and see Taker get a hard-fought clean win over Cena..I just can't buy Taker losing to either the FU again(like he did in 2003) or the STF no matter how it's booked...Hell, since people(including me) wanna see Cena turn heel so damn bad, how about Cena loses to Taker cleanly at Wrestlemania 32 and over the following month slowly and finally snaps on everyone, brings back his padlock as a weapon and raises absolute hell as a heel?(Yea I know it'll never happen but still)..

Realistically, though, Cena losing to Taker at Wrestlemania 32 could still happen without a Cena heel turn after..It could instead just have a humbled Cena in the way that Cena was humbled after losing to The Rock after their 1st Wrestlemania match, with Cena basically saying how he gave it his all and even he couldn't beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 32.

Now as for the videos from 2003 showing Taker and Cena's feud..

Vengeance 2003 Cena vs Taker full match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S36G75JeyIQ

Taker vs Cena Smackdown highlights 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtYp8o4W1Y

Cena calls out Taker in 2004 for Tombstoning him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgBwGkk5mrs

Taker vs Cena Smackdown 2004 full match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9R8acFl74
Old 10-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
There has been a lot of speculation and rumor this past year as to who The Undertaker's opponent at Wrestlemania 32 will be. Many believe that we will finally get Sting vs The Deadman after almost 20 years of anticipation, others think Kane may be the man to challenge his brother, while the latest rumor is that Braun Stroman has emerged as a likely option for Taker's Mania opponent. While each opponent has his upsides and likely means something different for Taker and Mania, there seems to be one guy who is the perfect fit to this puzzle, and that's John Cena. It's amazing that throughout all the years they spent together on the WWE roster, John Cena and The Undertaker have never had a legitimate one on one feud, I don't even know if they've ever been in a one on one match before. If there is one spectacle that is still possible for the fans to witness (other than Taker/Sting) it's Undertaker vs Cena.

This match has to happen before Taker's retirement and the pieces have never been more in place than they are right now;

1. WWE want to sell out AT&T in Arlington which holds over 100 000 people. Cena vs Taker is arguably the biggest money match WWE has available right now. While Taker/Lesnar, Lesnar/Cena, Rock/Cena, etc. are undoubtedly mega-matches, we've seen them all before. Cena/Taker is a fresh match that will appeal to absolutely everybody; the casuals, the kids, the oldies, you name it, people will buy into it. Other than possibly Rock/Brock, there is no match currently available that will draw more than Taker/Cena.

2. Cena's out of the world title picture. For the last few years, it's been nearly impossible to picture a John Cena/Undertaker Mania match given that Cena has always been around the World title. With the WWE championship most likely out of his grasp this year, Cena has become a real option for The Undertaker. Although Cena is currently the US champ, if latest rumors are to be believed, he won't be holding the title for much longer. For the first time in many years, it seems as if John Cena will not be restricted by a feud or title heading into Mania season.

3. Cena can bring the best out of The Undertaker. John Cena has been bringing the best out of everyone lately and has been having some real solid matches since winning the US title. After a few lacklustre matches for Taker, Cena can be the guy to really give Taker the last classic of his career. I can't see this match ending up as anything but great.

4. It looks as if John Cena will be out until the end of December. Do I really have to explain this? Great opportunity to have his return coincide with Takers. Would blow the roof off of whatever building they're in.

5. WWE doesn't seem to have a plan for either of these guys yet. As I mentioned the current crop of opponents being discussed for Taker at Mania include Kane and Stroman... nothing seems to have been discussed for Cena yet. Considering that pairing these two up wouldn't really disrupt the current plans for Mania makes this all the more a no-brainer.

6. Sting vs Taker can still happen next year. I have a funny feeling Taker's not done yet and I believe Sting can still go once more. Plus this match should end both guys' careers. Waiting one more year wouldn't hurt.

What do you think? Can it happen? WILL it happen?
Cena vs. Taker would have made more sense if Taker's streak was still active. It's just another match at this point unless you make the match a legit retirement match like HBK/Flair, HBK/Taker. Cena is probably the closest to HBK's caliber (age wise and skill wise when doing retirement matches at WM).

I think Cena has done a good job facing younger talents at WM. I believe the trend may continue with another young talent. I'm thinking Strowman, add in the history with Bray vs. Cena, it's another dynamic.

Cena vs. Taker would be a great match though. It would have to close the show because if Cena did win, the crowd would worse than Brock vs. Taker at WM XXX.

Seeing how there's rumors Taker may be wrestling longer, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between Bray and Taker.

I don't think Taker vs. Cena will ever happen.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:58 PM

armenta541 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadroan View Post
Cena vs. Taker would have made more sense if Taker's streak was still active. It's just another match at this point unless you make the match a legit retirement match like HBK/Flair, HBK/Taker. Cena is probably the closest to HBK's caliber (age wise and skill wise when doing retirement matches at WM).
Exactly.. I mean, the "Super Cena" that the WWE has built up shows that Cena has the most heart, Cena will have the most fight, Cena will push himself as far as he needs to to come out with the victory. His loss against Kevin Owens, I thought, was probably because he underestimated KO, and that's pretty much how it was played out. When Cena loses clean, that's something you don't forget long. With that being said, I would have liked to see him face the Undertaker when the "streak" was relevant. Then, you could really see things going either way. There has to be enough doubt to make you think Cena will come out with the win, which I think might have happened. When Wyatt faced Undertaker, you saw that the match was in favor of Undertaker. But that's my opinion. You have to legitimately see that the match could go either way. I didn't believe Wyatt was a great threat. I think it also may have been that there was no face to face build up between the two. Like Wyatt didn't have the chance to show he had something over the Undertaker.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:08 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORRORHOLIC View Post
They did feud when Cena was a heel many years ago, the matches were pretty good too.
Undertaker v John Cena happened at "Vengeance 2003" when Cena was a disrespectful heel rapper persona, "The Doctor Of Thuganomics" and when Taker was "American Bad Ass".

But I can't recall any match between current Cena and the Deadman Undertaker.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:32 AM
heROCKules

the_peoples_adam is a member of the JOB SQUAD

If WM32 is the last match that The Undertaker will get in the ring for then it should be The Undertaker Vs John Cena in a buried alive, casket or any that kind of match..
Also Cena can be a heel without turning into one with that...
Old 10-04-2015, 08:06 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
2. Cena's out of the world title picture.
If there's one overriding factor in the entire discussion, it's that one. Since Cena will be gone until the new year, he won't be involved in any of the existing feuds going on in WWE. Meanwhile, Undertaker never has anything happening during the year because he doesn't show his face until the lead up to Wrestlemania. So, it would be perfect to have them oppose each other. Other storylines aren't disturbed and the field is wide open for this match to happen.

Other points made in this thread are valid, too. Cena does bring out the best in opponents......and he can work in a fashion that wouldn't 'break' Mark Calaway's decrepit old body. Someone mentioned using Braun Strowman as an opponent for 'Taker; can you imagine WWE taking a chance with Undertaker by putting him in a with a big, strong wrestling novice like Strowman? No, thanks.

Of course, we still aren't sure whether Calaway even wants to retire after WM32, are we? It would seem fitting and proper for a match against Cena to be his last.....and if it isn't, Undertaker vs. Cena can be saved for another day.