WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 AM
The hardcore casual fan
WWE Diva's Champion

TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheICChampion worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Would Sting vs Taker really be the best idea?

If Sting is healthy enough to compete again by WM 32, is it really such a good idea for him to be facing Undertaker? I know, I know. That's the match we all want to see. But we need to look at it a different way. Such as, since WrestleMania isn't the place for no-contests or DQ/countout victories, who goes over? And how? You'd think it's 'Taker, right? Problem is, all I keep hearing is how Sting hasn't won a match yet since he's joined WWE. So what's the solution? Would you guys be fine with Sting losing to Undertaker as well? Does Sting finally get his first win in WWE? Since Sting has lost to both Triple H and Rollins, isn't the outcome a foregone conclusion? After all, if you had both those guys go over, why would 'Taker not? He's meant a helluva lot more to WWE and Vince than HHH and Rollins combined, despite the fact that one's married to his daughter and the other is the top champion right now. Anyway, that's just one issue.

The second problem is: while it would be awesome to see those two wrestle each other in their final match ever as active competitors, how do we even know they'll be able to pull it off? As I mentioned earlier, right now Sting isn't even sure if he'll be wrestling ever again. Undertaker's going to be in a HiaC match against Lesnar of all people. Is he going to be 100% in time for 'Mania? I think the best bet for both men is to ride off in the sunset after putting over someone who could really benefit from something like a win over either of these greats. Or, if they absolutely HAVE TO face off on the biggest stage, at least put a third or even fourth guy in there to help the match along should either Sting or 'Taker have to take a breather. Maybe a tag match. It would also solve the first problem of who goes over, as whoever is either man's partner could easily take the fall. So, what do you guys think? Does it absolutely have to be one-on-one? Would this scenario work better? If so, who would you choose as the partners for 'Taker and Sting? Or perhaps have them team up against two up-and-comers? Let me know.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:59 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Personally, I've always been of the opinion that Taker vs. Sting is one of those situations where a lot of people wanna see it just for the sheer novelty of it without really considering whether the match itself would be any good.

Neither Taker or Sting is what they once were, the wear & tear of the business has caught up to Taker with a vengeance the last 5 or 6 years, it's also catching up with Sting and it's only compounded by the fact that the two men have a combined age of 106. We've seen Taker have great, memorable matches the past several years, though part of that has been due to working with talented wrestlers who know how to compensate for Taker's shortcomings. In Sting's case, the spectacle of his match with Triple H did what it was supposed to do: overshadow Sting's shortcomings inside the ring. Sting, in my opinion, had a great match with Rollins and Rollins' abilities are a big reason of why the match worked but Sting did suffer significant injury that'll make WWE officials reluctant to put him back in the ring. Putting them together in a match might be tempting fate because both men have a lot of pride in what they do and have high standards for themselves; I think they'd put a lot of pressure onto themselves to put on a strong match and that, as a result, they'd take risks that could very well result in injuries to one or both of them.

It's also a situation where I think it's a situation in which WWE would catch criticism no matter what. If they pulled off the match, it was actually great and Sting lost, we'd get "WWE is burying Sting" or "Vince is taking out his hate for WCW out on Sting" threads. If they pulled off the match, it was actually great and Taker lost, we'd probably get "Taker should've gone over Sting because...." or "What's Sting done in WWE to warrant going over Taker?" threads. If they had the match, it sucked and one or both got hurt, they'd catch flack from fans and dirt sheet writers alike playing armchair booker due to WWE risking the safety of both men. No matter what'd happen, someone would bitch WWE out over something, which is business as usual.

I think Taker vs. Sting is one of these nostalgic ideas that sounds a helluva lot better on paper than it actually would be if it happened. They may rise to the occasion and completely surprise everyone by putting on a classic bout, but I think it's more likely that this is a match a lotta people wanna see just for the sake of being able to see it and there'll be tons of criticism about it after the nostalgia wears off and if it wasn't the sort of epic they had fantasized it would be.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 09-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Ignoring the match the feud would be shit. While Sting has been adequate on the mic in the few times he has picked one, what does he have to say that would be beyond, "Respect, icon v icon, we're dark, blah blah blah."
Is Sting going to do stalker videos of Michelle McCool?

The best direction I can see this going at this point is for Sting to interfere in UT's quest to be a vengeishful low blower by getting involved in one of his matches and then call him out for turning in to such a wishy washy pussbag.

But even then I'm not about sure the match quality. It is either a slow snoozefest or an old man coke binge where I sit there the whole time worrying about who will have the heart attack first.

I couldn't care less who wins. Wins and losses rarely mean much and this is probably a time where the win or loss means nothing. Neither of these guys have much career left for it to matter.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 09-28-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think its still too early to speculate on Sting for Wrestlemania. If I had to put my money on it though, I'm going to say that Sting won't be competing, I think NOC was his last.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:09 AM

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

I say just do it at this point. You might as well, they have nothing to lose by booking the match, and you know both men would put their all into it. The way WWE editors produce their highlight packages, you just know they would work wonders with this to make people interested also. One thing I will say, Sting would really need a couple of big wins going into the match. Assuming Undertaker loses at HITC, they could also run with the "one last bullet" i nthe chamber direction, which may be quite fitting actually.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I really have to channel my inner-mark to feel good in how I address this possibility.

Everyone has some kind of bucket list, whether it be physical or imaginary, literal or figurative. We have things on our minds that haven't occurred, that absolutely must occur to have complete closure before punching our life tickets.

A lot of insane things have happened in the world of pro-wrestling, things that we imagined would never occur. Bret Hart came back and eventually won the US Title, as a stroke survivor mind you. Goldberg fought Brock Lesnar, the real reward in that encounter being that Stone Cold Stunned both of them. Donald Trump participated in a WrestleMania main event. These moments were by no means pretty, but they were still special in that unique pro-wrestling sort of way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Taker vs. Sting is one of those situations where a lot of people wanna see it just for the sheer novelty of it
Exactly! That novelty -- for me -- far outweighs my desire to see incredible spots during the match itself. The spectacle of the hype and the pageantry of the entrances, those things are what I demand most from this exposition. It's extremely fortunate that in their old age, The Undertaker and Sting have developed characters that don't need to be impressively athletic to take my breath away.

Sting is a cool throwback to the Crow, and in that he's symbolic of a kind of revenant avenger bent on carrying a doomed legacy before being snuffed out by time. The Undertaker has always represented the inevitability of death, the warden of the dead who will stop at nothing to maintain stability with this realm and the nether realm. For me it would be as if The Undertaker is coming to claim Sting's soul as it is the last lingering reminder of WCW's greatness, and it's Sting's nature to make sure that the essence of WCW will be remembered for fighting until the bitter end. THEATER!!

We all pay our $9.99, just let the mark in me have this one. I'll apologize right now to everyone who would have to watch what could possibly be the worst match of all time, just so that I can have closure that Undertaker vs Sting is no longer on my bucket list.

Last edited by enviousdominous : 09-28-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:19 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...

It needs to HAPPEN or what was the point of signing Sting. Yeah everyone wanted to see him in a WWE ring, but not as a jobber. If he faces Taker and it's their final matches then it doesn't have to have a finish. I would have the match go on and at the end of the match the lights go out and when they come back on both are gone and all that's left if the urn and Sting's baseball bat in the ring. Make it a non finish so neither man gets hurt. Taker can afford a loss IMO. Sting can't. But then again this is WrestleMania though, so Taker can't afford another Mania loss.

Only way for it to work is for it to be a non-finish. At Mania, people generally don't agree with non finish nor do they want to see it. But this here is a different case where it should be a non finish.
WCWF TAG TEAM- CODE 5 (5000, BRIQ ROMINE)
ROYAL RUMBLE- AJ STYLES
MONEY IN THE BANK- SAMI ZAYN
KING OF THE RING
- SAMOA JOE
Old 09-28-2015, 01:32 PM

dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...

The only issue I would have with Sting vs Undertaker is that neither man is capable of carrying the match, not saying that they can't go, or put on a good match. At this point in their careers they need someone who can carry the match. With Sting's recent injury and with the condition Taker has been in, they're liable to hurt each other. On top of that Sting needs a win and he's just not going to get that against the Undertaker especially at Wrestlemania. I think Sting vs Taker is just going to be one of those "what if moments of wrestling"
Old 09-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

If they are to face each other ( I am one of those people who want to see Sting vs Undertaker just for the sheer opera of it ) then they should go the tag team route. Have a big name tag team match at Wrestlemania. Brothers of Destruction vs Sting and John Cena or something like that. Have the Brothers of Destruction go on a very heel like rampage the months heading up to Wrestlemania , attacking Cena , putting him on the shelf for two weeks, attacking Sting. That saves Undertaker and Sting from over working themselves at Mania. And it let's Sting hit Kane with a Scorpion Deathdrop and get a Mania win.

"I'm a Mog. Half man and half dog, I'm my own best friend."
Old 09-28-2015, 02:52 PM

Passing the Torch is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree the match wouldn't be the best, but one that everyone would like to see.
The match should be back and forth, for however long that could be, and then both men are down. The ref begins to count and gets to "nine" and the lights go out. When the lights come back on, in one corner is the Undertaker's urn and in the other corner is Sting's bat and trench coat. No winner, no loser. Both men retire.