WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...Chrome scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default DA Cancels TNA Officially (Effective January 2016)

Quote:
After months of denials, it’s official, albeit with a twist: TNA Impact Wrestling has been cancelled by Destination America effective the end of the year. While the original report from Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter said that Destination America’s opt-out clause allowed them to cancel Impact after the end of this month, TNA President Dixie Carter told Sports Illustrated that they’re done at the end of the year.

In the Sports Illustrated article, Justin Barrasso wrote that “[Spike TV] cut ties with TNA last December, leaving TNA without a television network in the United States. History repeated itself a year later, as TNA’s current home for TV–Destination America–will no longer air Impact in 2016.” Dixie Carter added that “The biggest challenge for us is building a brand in the U.S. That’s where we need to grow. We’re contracted to Destination America through the end of the year, and we are in discussions going on for 2016.”

Per Meltzer, the original memo issued within Discovery (Destination America’s parent company) read as follows:

Destination America is not renewing TNA Wrestling next year. While the ratings were strong, the audience was not large enough to justify the program investment. We plan to honor the current contract and continue to air original episodes of TNA Wrestling on Friday nights through the end of the third quarter 2015. When the up-front rate card is released, the Friday night anthology title will now be called ‘American Tales,’ which will be a combination of Paranormal and Americana programming. I hope this is good news given all of the advertisers that included TNA on their DNA list.

The DNA in “DNA list” means “do not advertise.” It refers to shows that a sponsor opts out of buying time on when they buy ads across a whole network. In this case, due to pro wrestling being perceived as downmarket or having low income viewers, advertisers who bought ads to air on most or all Destination America shows didn’t want to put their ads on Impact.
http://www.sescoops.com/tna-impact-w...rica-official/

--

Think she'll get another TV deal soon?
Old 09-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
WWE Women's Champion

Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...

I didn't come here to gloat, because that'd be a dick move.

I'm not going to point out how Meltzer was on point with his reporting, in spite of many trying to spin him as incompetent.

I won't even say this is the death of TNA, because I think they could find another network.

I just came to say this;

Smark Madden, what's good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
there are occasions where violence against women is the right course of action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I am a bottomless pit of wad.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:35 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

The silver lining is that they do have a little bit more time than SpikeTV gave them to negotiate a possible move to another network, but being cancelled now twice in back-to-back years is, to say the very least, not a good sign.

I'm reluctantly hopeful they find a partner, but completely understand it's both possible and even plausible that they won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:12 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

They do not air on Fridays so does any of this make any sense? To me no but I am just being one of those "it aint over until it is over" people.

Still though, they do not air on Friday no more.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:22 PM
is a happier and wiser man
WWE Women's Champion

Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Objectification Panda View Post
I didn't come here to gloat, because that'd be a dick move.
Now why would anyone get that idea?

Quote:
I'm not going to point out how Meltzer was on point with his reporting, in spite of many trying to spin him as incompetent.
Actually, he was not on point at all. He claimed that TNA programming would be cancelled by the end of September. It wasn't. If the guy that commented next to me was right, Meltzer also claimed (after evidence surfaced that TNA isn't going off DA post September) that TNA could simply take a lower money deal and stay on the network. Well, turns out he is wrong again.
As for incompetence, Meltzer isn't incompetent by any means. His main aims are to make fans believe his (mostly false) reports, and to make money... he has been successful in both.

Quote:
I won't even say this is the death of TNA, because I think they could find another network.
Not so soon! At least wait for Meltzer's next update.

Quote:
I just came to say this;

Smark Madden, what's good?
Everything, Sexual Objectification Panda. TNA's been in this position before. They'll find a way. And so will Meltzer. A report on TNA's backstage morale gets posted in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited by Reflection : 09-16-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Knockout Champion

Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...

Poor TNA, like really. When will they get their show together :/ I wish they were better just so those months where Raw becomes unbearable for me I could watch TNA...but I've never really gotten the appeal. I hope they get a new deal and really create a compelling product.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:47 PM

Really? is looking to come up from OCW...Really? is looking to come up from OCW...Really? is looking to come up from OCW...Really? is looking to come up from OCW...

Weeellllll, kids, all the gloating and 'look, look, what we said is true' stuff, is in fact, untrue. When both organizations state that they have a contract that ends at a certain date, nothing has been cancelled. If an athlete has a contract, that contract ends, and either the team or the athlete decide not to renew, said athlete has not been cut nor has he abandoned his team. Both have lived up to a legal obligation.

I get that the popular thing on this site is to bash TNA, and support all things Madden and Russo, but to blatantly ignore what is said in the name of supporting what WZ 'exclusively reports/takes from other sites' is plain brutal.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:55 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really? View Post
Weeellllll, kids, all the gloating and 'look, look, what we said is true' stuff, is in fact, untrue. When both organizations state that they have a contract that ends at a certain date, nothing has been cancelled. If an athlete has a contract, that contract ends, and either the team or the athlete decide not to renew, said athlete has not been cut nor has he abandoned his team. Both have lived up to a legal obligation.

I get that the popular thing on this site is to bash TNA, and support all things Madden and Russo, but to blatantly ignore what is said in the name of supporting what WZ 'exclusively reports/takes from other sites' is plain brutal.
Not exactly. TNA signed a two-year deal with Destination America that had an opt-out clause after the first year, which DA has chosen to exercise. So it's more like when a player in the NFL signs a two-year deal and is cut after the first year so the team doesn't have to carry him and pay him for the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:00 PM
Future Endeavored

Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...Savior of Silence worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudlup50 View Post
Poor TNA, like really. When will they get their show together
They definitely will one of these days. They'll get their shit together...put it in a box and sell it to Vince McMahon for pennies on the dollar.

I've given TNA so many chances over the years. Fuck, I've given them more chances than WWE's given to Scott Hall. It was just never able to keep my attention for longer than anywhere from a week to a month. And it's a shame too because there's some really great talent there that's being completely wasted.

Honestly, IMO, Dixie Carter was the worst thing that ever happened to that company. Even worse than Vince Russo.

I wish they'd figure it the fuck out already but, sadly, they will inevitably fold.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:02 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hopefully they can either work out a new contract, or find someone else to carry them.

All the fanboyism aside, it's always better to have alternative competition.

I don't think TNA will be able to support anywhere near it's current talent pool without some form of television deal, Internet or Live shows just wouldn't keep them afloat long, and they'll have no way of drawing any new stars without television exposure.

Meltzer throws out a ton of things, gets a couple right and a couple close to right, he's not much more reliable a source than a random on this forum would be. A broken clock is right twice a day etc...