WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Kurt Angle Will Work BFG but Will Not Re-Sign with TNA; Taking a Break from Wrestling

Quote:
Kurt Angle, who is a guest on today’s episode of the Mark Madden show on the 105.9X radio station, just addressed his wrestling future, saying he will be taking a break from the profession next year.

Angle said he will not re-sign with TNA when his contract is up this January. He also noted that he will NOT pursue a deal with WWE either; Angle did not say how long the sabbatical would last, but did comment on his current TNA status.

He noted that he is close to 100 percent healthy, and will be back to appear at the TNA Bound For Glory pay-per-view in Charlotte, North Carolina.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6181...WRESTLEZONE%29

--

Probably a sign his TNA run is also over. Even if we assume he's taking a years' sabbatical, for whatever the reason (likely to get healthy and clear his head), even if TNA does stick around after this Destination America television thing sorts itself out, it's unlikely they'll be operating in a position to afford to continue to pay Angle what he's made in the past.

I'd imagine he'll go back to WWE eventually, probably for a retirement run. While he's notorious for making statements he ends up going back on, all-in-all I trust his word that he won't be re-signing.

Bon voyage, Kurt. It's been real. It's been damn real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Good. For two reasons.

1. Most importantly, Angle's health. His body is a wreck and he needs to just go sit at home and relax. There's no need to destroy yourself over and over in a wrestling ring. Go train Olympic wrestlers or something, but stay out of the ring.

2. TNA relies WAY too much on Angle. I get that he's awesome and one of the best ever, but one of the major things holding TNA back over the years has been going back to Sting and/or Angle instead of building up many new talents. With Angle gone (and assuming the company survives), they have to put it on someone new. Or Jeff Hardy because he has star power. Not that the star power does much for them but he does in fact have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:58 AM

timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...

I enjoyed most of Kurt's TNA run as much as his WWE run. He did say he's near 100 percent healthy but maybe still needs that time off - I wouldn't bet against him signing with WWE in the next 12 months though, he's saying he won't PURSUE a WWE contract but that doesn't mean he won't take one if they call with the right money.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:06 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

I think this is good news.

Kurt's physical condition has been a concern ever since he left WWE- I'm amazed he's still able to wrestle to the high standard he does after all the injuries he's suffered over the years. However, whether he's "close to 100%" healthy as he says, or whether that's just pro-wrestler B.S, its definitely a good move for Kurt to take a break from in-ring competition to let any injuries heal up, to rest and recuperate and get himself healthy. He's only just had surgery on a tumour in his neck, so any time he spends resting up is a good thing.

Plus, if he can take it easy for a few months and recharge his batteries, this could allow him to come back to WWE for a short term "last run", giving him his retirement match at WrestleMania, which is what he deserves.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 05:30 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

I don't expect to ever see Kurt Angle in a WWE ring again, mostly because the two sides appear to have a very different idea on how he'd be used. Kurt seems to be looking for the Lesnar/Sting deal, where he comes in and works a few dates at the top of the card, then takes a break. The WWE says they want him on a full-time schedule- but that seems to me like making an offer that they know he can't accept. It's no secret Kurt's in bad shape, and while he can still go in the ring, he can't still go in the ring four nights a week.

Ultimately I think the WWE does want Kurt Angle, just in a role more similar to Rob Van Dam or the Dudley Boyz; to come in for limited periods of time to help put newer talent over. Kurt is the star of the show in TNA, and seems to think he should still have a starring role in the WWE. (The WWE doesn't seem to care what anyone did in TNA- it's like time spent unemployed to them. Christian came back from his great TNA run and debuted two nights after Wrestlemania on ECW. Also, Braden Walker.)

I don't see either side changing their expectations of the other, so I don't think this is a deal that gets done. Which quite possibly means that this sabbatical from professional wrestling could turn into a very slow retirement.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:53 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Kurt seems to be looking for the Lesnar/Sting deal, where he comes in and works a few dates at the top of the card, then takes a break. The WWE says they want him on a full-time schedule- but that seems to me like making an offer that they know he can't accept. It's no secret Kurt's in bad shape, and while he can still go in the ring, he can't still go in the ring four nights a week.
Yeah, they know there's no way his body can stand 4 matches a week, absolutely no chance.

I don't think WWE are going to give him the Lesnar/Sting type deal where he'll have a few matches a year for a couple of years, which sounds like what he's pushed for in the past, but I do think if he went to them and told them of his plans to retire after 1 more match, they'd sign him and give him that final match, before inducting him into the HOF.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:17 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Naitch View Post
I think this is good news.

Kurt's physical condition has been a concern ever since he left WWE- I'm amazed he's still able to wrestle to the high standard he does after all the injuries he's suffered over the years. However, whether he's "close to 100%" healthy as he says, or whether that's just pro-wrestler B.S, its definitely a good move for Kurt to take a break from in-ring competition to let any injuries heal up, to rest and recuperate and get himself healthy. He's only just had surgery on a tumour in his neck, so any time he spends resting up is a good thing.

Plus, if he can take it easy for a few months and recharge his batteries, this could allow him to come back to WWE for a short term "last run", giving him his retirement match at WrestleMania, which is what he deserves.
Frankly, he's done all he can do in TNA anyway. Probably three times over. I believe he's the most decorated champion in company history, unless Sting has him beat by a World Title run or two.

It's probably not the way he envisioned going out, but unfortunately the real world doesn't operate the way the fantasy world does. Sometimes it's a bad injury, or a series of injuries that just put you out to pasture.

I fear Rayne may have it right it may be a slow but sure path to retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Kurt is the star of the show in TNA, and seems to think he should still have a starring role in the WWE.
That's what I believe was the key to his failed negotiations with WWE last year. No, I don't know any more than the rest of you, but the way he was talking in the months before his TNA contract expired, I got the feeling he figured WWE was dying to bring him back and he figured he'd essentially be able to name his price. For all we know, his saying "Maybe I'll stay in TNA or maybe I'll go to WWE" aggravated the powers-that-be in WWE and bombed the deal. At that time, I don't think he had any intention of returning to TNA, but it wound up being the only practical course of action left to him.

At any rate, I think he licked his wounds after that negotiation and is now saying: "....he will NOT pursue a deal with WWE either" as a defensive measure against what happened before.

Still, the idea of a 46-year-old man taking a break from pro wrestling seems a little strange, no? What, he's going to return to the ring at 47 or 48?

Who knows, at that time, maybe WWE will take him for a Rob Van Dam type abbreviated run. He'd be too old for anything else and if Kurt and WWE share that belief, we might see him in a WWE ring once more.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

I can see why Angle has made this announcement.

Angle could finish up a night or two after BFG considering the taping schedules of TNA, which means he'd be free to rest up and see out the last couple of months of his contract.

For international markets (at least) TNA will probably do one set of multiple tapings after BFG and then show the One Night Only tapings which should see them through the rest of 2015.

If Angle is a free agent by January and has rested up for another 3 months then I wouldn't be surprised if we see him as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble, even if it is a one night deal with WWE.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6181...WRESTLEZONE%29

--

Probably a sign his TNA run is also over. Even if we assume he's taking a years' sabbatical, for whatever the reason (likely to get healthy and clear his head), even if TNA does stick around after this Destination America television thing sorts itself out, it's unlikely they'll be operating in a position to afford to continue to pay Angle what he's made in the past.

I'd imagine he'll go back to WWE eventually, probably for a retirement run. While he's notorious for making statements he ends up going back on, all-in-all I trust his word that he won't be re-signing.

Bon voyage, Kurt. It's been real. It's been damn real.
Yes I assume the same as well. Hypothetically, for now it may seem like his WWE return would be impossible but on the longer run. it's something inevitable. He certainly needs to take care of his health at the moment. The staph infection in his neck added to the long tormenting neck injuries might've led to this decision. It's not the right time to gamble with his career options.

Good luck Kurt Angle!

Credits: Dave