WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-06-2015, 06:47 PM
#PUSHCESARO

Ric 'The Nature Boy' Flair is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Underrated

I just wanted to know who you thought were the top 10 underrated WRESTLERS of all time in WWE. Also, who do you think were the top 10 most underrated WWE SUPERSTARS. I was inspired to make this after seeing the william regal thread, which really is a good one and one to look at for sure.

Great Khali leaves
John Cena puts young talent over
Cm Punk Returns

Code:
GOJAYSGO
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:38 PM

TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...

Oh, this is going to be tough question to answer and give my thoughts on. Forgive me if you guys don't agree with my list.

In random order
1: Cesaro
2: Kofi Kingston
3: Tamina
4: Natalya
5: Carlito

These are the five I can think of at the moment. Each one are great talent and can prove to be future legends.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

1 - Dean Malenko - He was old but could still go in the ring.

2 - Perry Saturn - He dated a mop. What more do I need to say?

3 - Lance Storm - What exactly did he do? He could've done more.

4 - Raven - I was wanting a stable similar to Raven's Flock in WCW.

5 - Mr. Perfect - He couldn't make the main show of WM18. He didn't do anything else either.

6 - Kanyon - Again, what did he do?

7 - DDP - He had that awful stalker storyline. He deserved better.

Almost all the cruiserweights except for Rey Mysterio. (Ultimo Dragon, Psychosis, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Billy Kidman, etc.)

Neither of these wrestlers deserve to be main eventers. However, they all deserve better than what they got.

Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer : 08-06-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:45 PM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

You know who doesn't really get enough praise? Jimmy Wang Yang. Who's that? Oh just an asian redneck with a hell of a moveset and personality. Dude was doing Moonsault Body Presses effortlessly and was let go way too soon.

No face of the company of course, but he was really likable to have such a weird gimmick. Yeah I'm not big on doing Top 10s on here, so I'll go with my one pick that no one talks about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 08-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Undertaker, If that is ur real name

TheBadGuy92 is looking to come up from OCW...TheBadGuy92 is looking to come up from OCW...

Ofcourse in no particular order:

1. Raven
2. William Regal
3. Billy Gunn
4. The Radicalz
5. Goldust
6. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
7. Lance Storm
8. Test
9. Ken Shamrock
10. Haerdcore Holly
Old 08-06-2015, 10:35 PM

TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadGuy92 View Post
Ofcourse in no particular order:

1. Raven
2. William Regal
3. Billy Gunn
4. The Radicalz
5. Goldust
6. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
7. Lance Storm
8. Test
9. Ken Shamrock
10. Haerdcore Holly
Man, Raven is so much better than Bray Wyatt and would be perfect in any wrestling ear. I also agree with Hardcore Holly. Great character and with a little more confidence and ambition could have been more successful. In his book he just seems a punch the clock, do my job, and then go home kinda guy. Not very helpful if you want to get ahead in the WWE.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:12 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...

Most Underrated Superstars: Demolition

Not in terms of wrestling, as they were pretty standard brawlers in the ring. I mean in terms of their impact. WWE basically acts like they didnt exist and fans dismiss them as an LOD knockoff. The truth is they both got their gimmick from different characters in the Mad Max movies. No different than the Rockers and Rock N Roll Express both got their gimmicks from watching MTV music videos of the 80s. Wrestlers draw on pop culture for their characters all the time (Sting-Crow, Ambrose-Ledger Joker). Demolition weren't the only ones to do so but they seem to be the only ones criticized for it. Why arent the Rockers considered a RNR Express knockoff? Why isnt Nature Boy Ric Flair considered a Nature Boy Buddy Rogers knockoff? Why isn't Hulk Hogan dismissed as a Superstar Graham knockoff? No one and nothing in wrestling is 100% original. In fact in all of the above examples, the supposed knockoff was actually superior to the original. Including Demolition. Their music, facepaint and matches were all better than the Road Warriors. They were more interesting as well. The Road Warriors would no sell and steamroll opponents, whereas Demolition on the other hand would occasionally lose or have long even matches even with teams much smaller than them. They were more human while LOD were almost superhuman which too me is less interesting. Very little storytelling in an LOD match. LOD were like Goldberg, while Demolition were more like Austin.

The fact is Demolition were the most popular tag team of the 80's in the WWF during a time when the tag division was at its most popular and competitive. A time that has never been duplicated and never will be. Their look, their music, everything about them is iconic but they're not really given that treatment or respect. Go back and watch Wrestlemania 6. The pop they get during their entrance and when they win the titles is on par with Hogan and Warrior. They were massively over. LOD never got a pop like that in their WWF tenure. And thats not me badmouthing LOD, its just the reality. Yet the moment LOD arrived, Vince tossed Demolition aside like they were nothing. They still hold the record for the longest reign as tag team champions. A record that will probably never be broken.

Most Underrated Wrestler: Shelton Benjamin
Should have been a Heyman guy. Needed a mouthpiece. After Lesnar left in 2004, Benjamin should have become Heyman's new go to guy. Could have and should have been a WWE Champion. Guy was simply amazing in the ring. The match he had with Shawn Michales on RAW is arguably the best RAW match in history. I hope race didn't play a factor in his being held back, but I believe it did. He was as legit as Lesnar, but a better athlete. Just needed Heyman to legitimize him.

Last edited by MMK : 08-06-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:24 AM
The Rock vs HBK can still happen...

AustinHartLesnarHBKTaz80 is looking to come up from OCW...AustinHartLesnarHBKTaz80 is looking to come up from OCW...

Most under-rated of all time: (in no particular order)

-Cesaro. (Give this man a chance to shine. He's got all the tools, let him run with the ball and see how far he can go)

-Lance Storm. (One of the best technical wrestlers ever. Such a joy to watch. Loved the slide-under-into-the-single-leg-crab maneuver. Just awesome)

-Dean Malenko. (One of the best pure wrestlers ever IMO. Should have been spotlighted more.)

-WWE Tazz. (Watered down version of his bad ass ECW character. Could have been so much more in the WWE. Why did they job him out so much??)

-Muhammed Hassan (this guy had so much potential. He got great heel heat. He had a great push, too bad it got derailed)

-Simon Dean (should have done more with this guy. He was hillarious and got great heel heat. Wrestling skills could use improvement though.)

-Tyler Breeze. (Great NXT talent in the ring. Too bad he gets overlooked because of all these great indy stars coming in)

-Austin Aries. (When AJ left, this man should have been the FACE of TNA imo. He was on top for a little bit, but TNA never really got behind him. TNA dropped the ball big time on this guy
-
Old 08-07-2015, 03:01 AM

World Class Mark is looking to come up from OCW...

Most Underrated Wrestler: DEAN MALENKO
** Not much to say here. The Ice Man didn't talk much, most definitely to his detriment ultimately, but he was beautiful to watch in the ring.

Most Underrated WWE Superstar: KURT ANGLE
** Probably not a choice many would consider since he's so beloved. I go with Angle because, although he gets internet love, he doesn't get WWE-revisionist history love. He is a Mount Rushmore / Top Tier / 5 Star caliber talent who will likely just be referred to by WWE Revisionist History as "one of the all-time greats," which might work for a small handful, but Angle should be in an even smaller handful of names. He was/is that good. So by that train of thought, he is, ironically, UNDERRATED.

FAVES *Flair *Muta *Steamboat *Macho *HBK *Bret *Malenko *DB
*Angle *Rock *Funk *IV *Freebirds *DynamicDuo *Lita *AJ

NOW KO Ambrose Ricochet Seth Brock Sasha Paige
Old 08-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...

1. Hakushi - Dude could go and had high caliber matches. They should have given him a good manager.

2. Big Boss Man - He had a long career, but in my opinion, he could have done more.

3. Disco Inferno - Awesome gimmick that I wish I could have seen in the WWE.

4. Vladimir Koslov - Imagine if he and Rusev were a tag team?

5. Arn Anderson - After watching old Nitros, I was reminded how good he was on the mic.

6. Doink - They should have tried harder to legitimize the character, because he was a good wrestler.

7. Goldust - It's nice that he got some recognition with his brother, but in my opinion deserved a singles title.

8. I.R.S - He consistently put on good matches and was good in the gimmick.

9. William Regal - For some reason he was never really given a push.

10. Henry Godwin - It seemed like he was headed in the right direction before he got hurt. Too bad.

Please note that my selections are not in any order. lol Just when I thought of them.