WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default Who is the first heel you remember rooting for?

I guess this question is specifically for those who have been watching since you were a kid. I mean, unless you were a little asshole, kids are usually cool enough to root for the heroes and boo the villains of the show. As teenagers and adults though, we gravitate towards the "cool" characters or characters we can personally relate to; it doesn't matter what side of the fence they play on.

Anyway, the question I'm curious about... when you were a child, who was the first 'bad guy' that you can remember actually rooting for and what made you root for them?

For me, the answer is undoubtedly Mr. Perfect. Now, there were still times I rooted against him (vs. Bret Hart & The Texas Tornado specifically... two guys I worshiped as a kid), but at the same time I clearly remember rooting for him when he faced someone like the Red Rooster or Brutas Beefcake or Ronnie Garvin or Jimmy Snuka... you know, guys like that.

I think there were two reasons why this was. The first was the way he carried himself. The guy oozed charisma. He was so believably confident and specifically nonchalant about it, which you didn't see in many heels back then. Usually the heels in the late eighties and early nineties were either just loud, obnoxious goofballs, or slimy scumbags. Perfect was neither.

The second reason was because I thought his finishing move, the Perfect Plex, was the most awesome move in the WWF at the time. I probably spent well over $100 of my mom's hard earned money in quarters on the old arcade game Wrestlefest, and I always picked Mr. Perfect in that game, specifically because of the Perfect Plex. What other finishing move was there back then that went straight into a pinfall besides like a splash? I just loved it.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:16 PM

OldSchoolWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...OldSchoolWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...

There are two that stick out in my mind & I can't really remember rooting for one before the other ~ nikita koloff & the Great Muta

Koloff probably was actually first but I am not really for sure ~ I like everything about him, his sheer power/strength, his finisher & the overall way he carried himself to/in the ring. I would be the only one of my friends that would stand and cheer as he would nail the faces with that monster clothesline. I even got the chance to accompany him to the ring at a local house show waiving the Russian flag, I was in heaven that night.

To me Muta had it all ~ great makeup, creative outfits, unique moveset and what one me over as a kid.....THE MIST!!!!! When I saw him spit out that mist for the first time I was on his bandwagon from that point forward. I used to practice with Kool~Aid trying my best to get it down just right. I even went as far as to create a wrestler that I was going to become which was like (in the background I was adopted from america and raise and trained by him). He won me over!!
Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The Outsiders.

I was always a big fan of Hulk Hogan as a kid in the 80's. When he moved to WCW I shortly followed. When Hall first debuted on WCW TV I was excited. I knew exactly who he was (as I still occasionally followed WWF) and when he specifically mentioned he had a "big" surprise, I was so excited hoping it was Diesel (Nash). I loved their antics leading up to the big Triple Threat match where Hogan debuted as the third member.

It was still great with Hogan, but part of me was disappointed a little as my childhood favorite wrestler was now a bad guy. I remember even marking out once as Hollywood Hulk Hogan "hulked up" in a match against Ric Flair.

Still, as much as I still liked Hollywood Hulk Hogan, no heels were ever cooler than the original Outsiders.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:28 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Jake Roberts. I loved Jake the Snake, and he was always a face to me. For what reason, I have no idea. Same with Hitman. I always rooted for Hart, even when he was a heel.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:33 PM

Hendog is looking to come up from OCW...

Born in 91 so I was 9 at the time and it was Triple H. Throughout 2000 and 01 before his injury I always cheered for him even when he was against Rock and Stone Cold. I don't really know why either in all honesty as I liked Austin and Rock and all my frtiends at school liked the good guys too.

I remember the 3SOH match at No Way Out 01 and I was the only guy that came into school the next day happy as Triple H picked up that "flukey" win by falling on Austin after the double chair shot.

I can't really recall why but it was probably because of the D-X stuff being funny and rebellious.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:41 PM

Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...

Triple H. The greatest heel of all time.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

martymcfly is looking to come up from OCW...martymcfly is looking to come up from OCW...martymcfly is looking to come up from OCW...

Kurt Angle in WWE around 2000. He was a heel but to me he was just so funny on the mic that I liked him. At this point I honestly cannot remember specifics, but he was probably the first heel that I really enjoyed watching.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM

jrush1978 is looking to come up from OCW...jrush1978 is looking to come up from OCW...

For me the very first time was HBK. When he faced Rick Martel at SummerSlam. So being heel vs heel it kind of forced you to and I wasn't a teenager yet. Though I did think it was 'cool' to get to cheer for Michaels at the time.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

For me it was HBK. I was such a huge fan of his as a kid, that even when he was supposed to be a heel, I still cheered for him. It literally was for no good reason other than my name being Michael, and his last name was Michaels. That was all it took for young Yazzy to cheer for him at the time.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

I want to say Stonne Cold in 1997 and I always rooted for him after WM13 and his face turn. However, the first TRUE heel I rooted for was around September 1998 - The Rock. i remember Kane and Undertaker beating on the NOD and he walked out to the ring and walked right in and told them both to get out of The Rocks ring. The Rock tehn teased a baby face turn until Survivor Series 1998 - which is still my favourite PPV ever in terms of originality. That made the Main Event at WM 15. I remember this because everyone was itching to cheer the Rock.