WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-24-2015, 08:10 PM
Knockout Champion

Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Top 5 Great Underrated(Or Forgotten Feuds)

I'm trying to come up with a list of my top 5 feuds and I want to avoid the classic feuds(anything involving Austin) being as I wasn't into wrestling at that time. I started watching in like 2002 some ideas I have so far

Triple H v HBK-Granted this feud gets all the love it deserves but still, great feud

CM Punk v Jeff Hardy-I feel like this feud gets forgotten because of how "great"(I disagree) the feud was with Punk/Cena, but this feud was a great feud that elevated both guys profile, sad Jeff left immediately after

Taker v Edge-I don't know where most people rank this but I loved this feud, it had that "lost to Taker at Wrestlemania so I'm crazy" vibe before Shawn did it, and Edge always played lunatic well I think. Lasted months, multiple good to great matches

Triple H v Orton-I remember this feud being amazing, Orton punting Vince and Stephanie and Triple H breaking into Orton's house. This felt like a Wrestlemania feud! Sad the Mania match has pretty much been forgotten but still a good feud I think

Also if you have any midcard feuds that'd be amazing, but comment with some of your favorite feuds that aren't always used as the best feuds
Old 07-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Off the top of my head I'm not sure I can come up with five, mostly because you've already listed some of my own choices. Although, I know of one that did that didn't get the light of day that it deserved; Goldust vs Stardust.

The feud as presented on television (from the rise of the Rhodes Dynasty to the birth of Stardust to brother vs brother) was all well done, but ultimately I feel that it was abandoned because of a one time lackluster crowd reaction. I'm of course referring to Fast Lane, which from what I recall only had one match with a crowd reaction worth a damn. I've since been of thought that the Stardust/Goldust program got the kybosh because of that one reaction (or lack thereof), and WWE reacted unfairly in its subsequent booking.

I hope they find an organic way to revisit this program, though Dusty's demise has thrown a significant obstacle in offering said progam in a tasteful and interesting manner. (Before you reference Punk/Undertaker, mind that the Moody sons reportedly offered consent on said program while Cody Runnels has since rebuked the use of his father's passing.)

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

For me a lot of the ones you picked I agree with completely, so here's a few more that I felt was great and/or underrated.

Matt Hardy vs MVP- this was IMO the last time the U.S championship actually had a prestigious feud(until recently of course).

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar

Kane vs Shane McMahon- around this time the only feud as personal and brutal as this one was Michaels vs Triple H. I honestly can't remember why they feuded but I remember every awesome moment they had with each other. From the giant leap of faith to Shane running over Kane to Kane electrocuting Shane's testicles and so forth.

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels- Jericho has gone on record saying this was one of his favorite feuds. And its not hard to see why? These two feuded in a time when wwe seem to just randomly put guys together with little to no reasoning. And to think this heated and personal feud came about because Michaels retired Ric Flair.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:37 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

Off the top of my head - and this is in no particular order -

Kane Vs Undertaker- 1997 to 1998. That was pretty cool way to introduce Kane.
Bret Hart Vs Stone Cold 1997. That was great too
Kurt Angle Vs Shawn Michaels
And one of my favourite feuds as a kid which is often forgotten about - Marty Jannety Vs HBK; it is such a shame Marty kept getting himself fired or in trouble - that feud had exciting moments.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:27 AM

A**hole is looking to come up from OCW...

Eddie vs Rey "I'm your Papi" 2 very talented guys, great friends but made it so believable

Eddie vs JBL

Stone Cold and Mr McMahon, many say it saved the WWE

Stone Cold and The Rock. Is it 1 very long feud or a number of different feuds? A all time favorite moment for me was very early when Austin threw the IC(?) belt off a bridge

But if I have to pick just 1 then it is Eddie vs The Big Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKJSU_0qemQ
Old 07-25-2015, 12:47 PM

theuk savior is looking to come up from OCW...

some feuds that go by underated must be
bret vs owen started planting the sids in say 93 all the way up to 96/97 when they reunited to form the hart foundation

hbk razor for the ic title and razor goldust and razor 123 kid

and then crush doink the clown deserves a mention
Old 07-25-2015, 01:19 PM

OldSchoolWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...OldSchoolWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...

Great thread - my top choice has to be Kurt Angle vs Edge back in 2002 - Edge having the fans chant You Suck, clips of him mocking Kurt with pictures, etc - a classic fued that is very underrated - Close 2nd or 1B Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund

Honorable mentions: Orton vs Christian 2011, Randy Savage vs Crush, Randy Savage vs Jake Roberts, Bret Hart vs Owen Hart, Papa Shango vs Warrior
Old 07-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Im the man

TheLogan27 is looking to come up from OCW...

Honestly, for me...a feud I loved but was rather quick and did last as long as it should have or could have was Eddie vs Chaco in the WWE. And then you insert Chaco Classic, Eddie's brother, and it was destined to be great.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:10 PM
The Premier Provider

K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...K Web V3 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Bret v Owen....wm10 classic match. Summerslam cage match perfect. Every match was a 5* match. Owen was such a great heel in 94-95
Old 07-26-2015, 09:46 PM

c71score is looking to come up from OCW...

Some of my favorites that are over-looked: Steamboat/Austin, Sting/Dangerous Alliance, Vader/Sting, Trish and Mickie, and Undertaker/Flair.