WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-22-2015, 06:24 PM

The Brooklyn Baller is looking to come up from OCW...
Default How Would You Book Wrestlemania 32 To Ensure A New Attendance Record Will Be Set?

It's no secret WWE intends on setting a new record in Texas next year so my question isn't what you think will make the best matches or what your dream card would be rather, what matches/personalities need to take part on the card to sell out?

Here's how I would book the main events :

Triple threat match for the WWE Championship : The Shield

- I think WWE will rely heavily on the older guys to help sell the show & if that's the case, what better way to showcase some of the best from the past few years. All three of these guys work so well together, and there's a hell of a background story. That said I don't think any of them can draw big money yet. I simply included them as there needs to be a championship main event, and this seems the best option as I feel they have more drawing power than other superstars who have been around a while.

Hulk Hogan vs John Cena

- Love them or hate them, the two biggest stars from their respective generations, no question about it. Cena likely has more drawing power than Hogan at this point.

Undertaker vs Sting

- As much as I'd like to see 'Taker face Brock again at a Mania to redeem himself, Sting/Taker is a dream match that's been talked about for DECADES now. Yes they are both older but booked properly there should be no doubt they can put on a great show. Not necessarily a 5 star match but does that matter if the goal is to sell the most tickets? I would advertise this match as the last for both men.

HHH/Stephanie vs The Rock/Ronda Rousey

- This one sells itself. The only thing I might add is Stone Cold as referee. Austin needs to be at a Mania being held in Texas, and since it seems pretty clear he won't be wrestling this seems like a good place for him to fit in.

Brock Lesnar vs Cesaro

- Brock will sell tickets no matter what, so to get the most out of him, have someone that can we can suspend our disbelief to finally beat him. Cesaro has the fans behind him and is also a beast in his own way. Can you imagine him tossing Brock around with suplexes? No question he could do it. He's legit strong as an ox.

I understand that these matches rely heavily on the "old timers" but simply put the superstars I love now (KO, Balor, Barrett) simply don't have the drawing power to sell out the event at this time.

***There's only one area where I first questioned myself and that's in regard to Cena. I thought of him breaking Flair's title reigns (have him win & lose the belt before Mania & then fight for it at the big event). While this would be huge for fans (who no doubt would be polarized) I simply don't feel it would necessarily translate to ticket sales as much as seeing him face Hogan.

That's all folks, daily reader and rare poster! What are your thoughts?

BTW this is no way my dream card for the event, but I'm sure there's a thread or couple thousand on that matter that I can add to.

Cheers!
Old 07-22-2015, 08:11 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

ASKane is looking to come up from OCW...

What I can't understand about Mania 32 is why people are so stupid to think that the card impacts sales. Ticket sales are either open now or not far off, by the time the card is announced 90% of the tickets that are likely to be sold will be, so the final card doesn't matter, what WWE needs to do to sell out Cowboys Stadium is improve the content now so people think it is a worthwhile investment. But if the WWE had to build a card to sell out the stadium I would go

WWE Title - Reigns (c) v Rock v Brock

Retirement Match - Taker v Owens

US Title Match - Cesaro (c) v Rollins v Cena v Rusev

UFC 4 Horsewomen v NXT 4 Horsewomen w/ Steph

IC Title Match - Balor (c) v Neville

Wyatt Family (Bray, Harper and Rowen) v HHH and NAO

Austin v Ambrose

Divas Title Match - Paige (c) v Naomi

Tag Title Match - Lucha Dragons (c) v PTP v Uso's v New Day

Andre The Giant Battle Royal
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

You have to get Stone Cold Steve Austin involved somehow. Even if its just a quick interview in the ring followed by a stunner , the crowd would eat it up. That's if Stone Cold felt like showing up.

"I'm a Mog. Half man and half dog, I'm my own best friend."
Old 07-22-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKane View Post
What I can't understand about Mania 32 is why people are so stupid to think that the card impacts sales. Ticket sales are either open now or not far off, by the time the card is announced 90% of the tickets that are likely to be sold will be, so the final card doesn't matter, what WWE needs to do to sell out Cowboys Stadium is improve the content now so people think it is a worthwhile investment. But if the WWE had to build a card to sell out the stadium I would go
Disagree with your first point. Of course it affects sales. When WWE was trying to make WM28 the biggest ever what did they do? They announced Rock/Cena a year in advance. They start their main push around Rumble, so while yes I may be jumping the gun a bit I think it's a bit naive to say the card doesn't impact sales. What if by next February it's known there will no Lesnar, Taker, Cena, etc (of course that would never happen but you get my point).

As to your lineup? Pretty sick, especially 'Taker/Owens & the Horsewomen.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:04 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

ASKane is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brooklyn Baller View Post
Disagree with your first point. Of course it affects sales. When WWE was trying to make WM28 the biggest ever what did they do? They announced Rock/Cena a year in advance. They start their main push around Rumble, so while yes I may be jumping the gun a bit I think it's a bit naive to say the card doesn't impact sales. What if by next February it's known there will no Lesnar, Taker, Cena, etc (of course that would never happen but you get my point).

As to your lineup? Pretty sick, especially 'Taker/Owens & the Horsewomen.
My point was that as tickets are now on sale, 8 months before the show and the main events are arent announced until the final 3 months at most (in general), the card can't have a huge impact on sales as most people have their tickets before the Rumble which is when the card starts to take shape

Last edited by ASKane : 07-22-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:11 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Kickoff Show - Kane wins the 3rd Andrč the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

1 - Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns in a Triple Threat Match to become #1 Contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

2 - Nikki Bella def. Sasha Banks to win the Divas Championship

3 - Cesaro (C) def. Rusev, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Bad News Barrett, Neville, Kofi Kingston, and Ryback in a Ladder Match to retain the United States Championship

4 - Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper def. The New Day (Xavier Woods & Big E) (C) to win the WWE Tag Team Championship

5 - Dolph Ziggler (C) def. The Big Show in a Title vs. Career Match to retain the Intercontinental Championship (The Big Show must retire)

6 - Randy Orton def. Kevin Owens

7 - John Cena def. The Rock (get this rubber match out of the way before Rock is too old to go)

8 - The Undertaker def. Brock Lesnar (C) by submission in a No Holds Barred Match to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Old 07-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
Kickoff Show - Kane wins the 3rd Andrč the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

1 - Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns in a Triple Threat Match to become #1 Contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

2 - Nikki Bella def. Sasha Banks to win the Divas Championship

3 - Cesaro (C) def. Rusev, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Bad News Barrett, Neville, Kofi Kingston, and Ryback in a Ladder Match to retain the United States Championship

4 - Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper def. The New Day (Xavier Woods & Big E) (C) to win the WWE Tag Team Championship

5 - Dolph Ziggler (C) def. The Big Show in a Title vs. Career Match to retain the Intercontinental Championship (The Big Show must retire)

6 - Randy Orton def. Kevin Owens

7 - John Cena def. The Rock (get this rubber match out of the way before Rock is too old to go)

8 - The Undertaker def. Brock Lesnar (C) by submission in a No Holds Barred Match to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Damn, I don't think I've ever seen a post I disagree with more on this site.

Nikki Bella has no business going over Sasha Banks. That kills this whole divas revolution.

Thrice in a Lifetime is also extremely redundant and just ridiculous.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Big Show would be awful. How would Ziggler beat Big Show? That's too unrealistic.

Lesnar vs. Taker III in the main event. No, just no. A 51-year old should never win the WWE Championship in the main event of WrestleMania. I don't care who he is.

Shield Triple Threat should be for the WWE Championship, or it shouldn't happen.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is meant to establish a young guy.

Bray Wyatt in the tag team scene would be a MAJOR step down from previous Manias.

The 8-man ladder match would be very crowded.

I actually could see Orton going over Owens because WWE has no interest in creating new stars.

Anyways, I seriously hope you're trolling. If not, you need to be checked into a mental facility.

EDIT - On an unrelated note, what happened to my original post? I can't seem to find it now.

Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer : 07-22-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:40 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_Sports_Entertainer View Post
Damn, I don't think I've ever seen a post I disagree with more on this site.

Nikki Bella has no business going over Sasha Banks. That kills this whole divas revolution.

Thrice in a Lifetime is also extremely redundant and just ridiculous.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Big Show would be awful. How would Ziggler beat Big Show? That's too unrealistic.

Lesnar vs. Taker III in the main event. No, just no. A 51-year old should never win the WWE Championship in the main event of WrestleMania. I don't care who he is.

Shield Triple Threat should be for the WWE Championship, or it shouldn't happen.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is meant to establish a young guy.

Bray Wyatt in the tag team scene would be a MAJOR step down from previous Manias.

The 8-man ladder match would be very crowded.

I actually could see Orton going over Owens because WWE has no interest in creating new stars.

Anyways, I seriously hope you're trolling. If not, you need to be checked into a mental facility.

EDIT - On an unrelated note, what happened to my original post? I can't seem to find it now.
Sasha is going to win the Divas Championship this fall. WrestleMania would be when Nikki gets it back, there needs to be a heel victory or two on the Mania card.

You know the Rock/Cena rubber match is coming eventually. There's no way they'd leave the series tied. Might as well do it while they can still go.

"Too unrealistic"...just stop using that phrase. It's predetermined. If Jeff Hardy can pin Big Show clean, and Rey Mysterio holds victories over every big guy in the business, there's ZERO reason Dolph Ziggler "couldn't" beat The Big Show.

Undertaker winning the title in front of 100,000 fans in his home state is the only way his career should end. And considering that he's allowed Lesnar to beat him every time they've gone one-on-one, including for The Streak, Undertaker beating Lesnar by submission is the right way to validate those losses and finish his career.

The Shield members have enough fans that their match doesn't need to be for the title, people will still want to see it. It would be a killer way to open the show.

The ATGMBR can be used to put over a young guy like at WM30, or to give a veteran a moment to shine like at WM31. I went with the latter.

That's EXACTLY why I put Bray Wyatt in a tag match. Keep him away from the main events, but at the same time, give him his first WrestleMania victory. He's going to be around for many years, stop thinking a guy has to be in a main event at WrestleMania EVERY year to be relevant.

Have you EVER seen a Money in the Bank or other similar-sized Ladder Match? Of course they're crowded, it's the annual spotfest match.

Kevin Owens would be in a main event level match for his first WrestleMania, and lose a tough fight to one of the biggest stars in WWE. I don't see Owens losing many matches between now and WrestleMania, Orton beating him there would be the right call.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_Sports_Entertainer View Post
But he's the Undertaker!!! hah This is one where I disagree with you, in that he's such a rare case. He is massively over with the fans young & old, and has so much damn respect. Granted I'm a huge Undertaker mark, have been since he debuted. I honestly think if he & Brock headlined with the stipulation win or lose it's 'Takers last match & in his last match ever he won the belt & made up for his loss? And in his home state? I think the place would go bananas.

That said you've got a good point about his age. Could he still wrestle a 25+ minute main event? Guess we'll find out at Summerslam. Either way I hope Mania is his last match & he goes out with a bang, no matter who his opponent is.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Kick off show : Andre the Giant battle royale winner Big Show . Follows with passionate speech as he announces retirement.

1st match : New Day vs Dragons vs Uso's vs Vaudevillians vs ???? Mystery tag team turns out to be The Dudley Boys , Tag Team Championship Usos finally get belts back.

2nd match : Cesaro vs Dolph Zigger ( Heel ) Cesaro wins.

3rd match : Samoa Joe vs Rusev : U.S Championship New champ Samoa Joe.

4th match : Kevin Owens vs Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton : Intercontinental Championship No Holds Barred match with special ref Mick Foley. K.O new champ.

5th match : Hulk Hogan , The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin vs HHH , Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash for the Vince McMahon special contract. Presented by Vince McMahon . Hogans team wins, Stone Cold rips up contract and Stuns Vince.

6th match : Justin Beiber sings a new single..... Crowd chants for Kevin Owens...a masked Demon Kane arrives instead just as Justin looks to be walking off the stage, he tombstones him on the ramp. Camera catches up with Pete Rose running scared though the crowd away from classic Kane.

7th match - Sting vs The Undertaker for the Deadmans final match. Sting as well. Sting wins clean. Both get long standing ovation as they shake hands.

8th match - Brock Lesnar vs John Cena ( John Cena TURNS heel after crowd gets to him finally.....all part of Paul Heyman's master plan to replace Brock ) Brock is injured , crowd litters ring with debris...plants in crowd can do that.

9th match - The Shield Explode match ....Seth Rollins ( still champion ) vs Dean Ambrose ( Heel ) vs Roman Reigns .... 1 hour long triple threat match. Roman Reigns wins the WWE Championship finally by pinning Rollins.....Sheamus cashes in his money in the bank contract, hits the Brogue Kick on Reigns...but he kicks out...he heroically comes back and spears Sheamus in half to pin him to retain the belt and that ends the show.

All left over wrestlers are in the Andre the Giant battle Royale...including Jericho.

"I'm a Mog. Half man and half dog, I'm my own best friend."

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 07-22-2015 at 10:31 PM.