WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone > Wrestling Spam Zone Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Sting vs Taker has zero chances of happening, right?

I mean seriously, they killed Sting's drawing ability after he lost to HHH. How can the casual fan take the guy seriously?

Also, how are they going to put him back into TV? A rematch with H would be a good way, but I don't see it happening? And why would he be involved with ANY feud right now? (Spoiler readers know what I mean)

And let's ignore all of the above and let WWE insult our intelligence, why would he challenge Taker? A face vs face match, out of the blue. No streak, no title on the line. Why? Just for the "moment"? So that means we get a match just for the lulz, with no actual story or build-up or emotion behind it..

The only options I see are a) heel turn for either man (higly unlikely at this point, but gives the match some sense and b) something similar to Flair vs HBK from 'Mania 24 (technically HBK was a heel going in that match as well)

I guess the ship has sailed. Bye Bye.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgreece View Post
I mean seriously, they killed Sting's drawing ability after he lost to HHH. How can the casual fan take the guy seriously?

Also, how are they going to put him back into TV? A rematch with H would be a good way, but I don't see it happening? And why would he be involved with ANY feud right now? (Spoiler readers know what I mean)

And let's ignore all of the above and let WWE insult our intelligence, why would he challenge Taker? A face vs face match, out of the blue. No streak, no title on the line. Why? Just for the "moment"? So that means we get a match just for the lulz, with no actual story or build-up or emotion behind it..

The only options I see are a) heel turn for either man (higly unlikely at this point, but gives the match some sense and b) something similar to Flair vs HBK from 'Mania 24 (technically HBK was a heel going in that match as well)

I guess the ship has sailed. Bye Bye.
Casual fans don't remember WM31.

Have him return and interrupt Undertaker's promo.

How hard would it be to come up with a story?

It's clear you don't want to see Undertaker vs. Sting, but at least provide logical reasoning.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2015, 07:07 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Why in the world would it not be a big deal to have the biggest, most loyal WWE guy in Undertaker against the biggest, most loyal WCW guy in Sting.

Oh, and they both have somewhat similar, dark and brooding characters.

Oh, and by the way these are 2 legends who never faced each other. You don't need anything to actually sell this match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Evelyn Maysby View Post
Stormy, you're awesome.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

What I'm saying is this: why would two faces, want to face one another for no reason? To prove who's the biggest icon? The I'm better than you scenario is a heel's way of doing things..

That's all I'm saying, without one of them being a heel the match won't happen.

With both of them faces, neither have any logic to interrupt one another. if you look thing just from storyline prospective, you'll get my point.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

I definitely would never suggest that Sting versus the Undertaker has zero chance of happening. Quite the contrary, I think it has an excellent chance of happening, and in fact, I think it is going to happen. At Wrestlemania 32.

To suggest they killed Sting's drawing capacity with his loss to Triple H is absolutely preposterous. Whether someone is a casual fan, or a dedicated regular watcher, they should have no trouble whatsoever taking the guy seriously for a one off match like this spectacle. And personally, I have no problem whatsoever with these guys having a face versus face matchup, and the "moment" would be definitely sufficient to sell me. No title is necessary, and the lack of the steak is irrelevant. An iconic match (even at this late stage of their careers) out of mutual respect, on the grandest stage of them all, that would definitely work for me.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
and the lack of the steak is irrelevant.
Oh I beg to differ. The steak is never irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate DaMac View Post
Oh I beg to differ. The steak is never irrelevant.
Poor choice of words on my part. What I mean to say is, Sting versus the Undertaker is no less iconic or phenomenal simply because of the fact that the streak is no longer intact. Granted, it will be two older dudes, both well past their primes, fighting a decade later than they should have. But it wouldn't be any less meaningful or memorable for me now that the streak is gone. Sure, my preference would have been to see it happen with the streak on the line. But seeing these guys face to face in the middle of a WWE ring on the grandest stage of them all, in their respective home states, still has plenty of appeal for me.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Love you Habs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
Poor choice of words on my part. What I mean to say is, Sting versus the Undertaker is no less iconic or phenomenal simply because of the fact that the streak is no longer intact. Granted, it will be two older dudes, both well past their primes, fighting a decade later than they should have. But it wouldn't be any less meaningful or memorable for me now that the streak is gone. Sure, my preference would have been to see it happen with the streak on the line. But seeing these guys face to face in the middle of a WWE ring on the grandest stage of them all, in their respective home states, still has plenty of appeal for me.
I agree with everything you said, but every great match that has taken place, Andre vs Hogan, Rock vs Cena, Rock vs Hogan, Rock vs Austin, HBK vs Taker.. There was always a story behind it, in order to sell the match even more and make it more memorable.

I also must admit that the title is misleading. Sorry for that. It's not "zero chances" that I should have written, but "zero chances to happen with both men as faces".
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate DaMac View Post

Love you Habs.
That's what I get for not paying attention to my typing, lol. I'm such a dumbass.