WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone > Wrestling Spam Zone Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-21-2015, 09:51 PM
World Champion Dynamite's Avatar
World Champion Dynamite World Champion Dynamite is offline
RIP Cooper's Title Reign
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Justin Cooper's Grave
Posts: 538
World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
How so? Brock's current booking limits him. Kane's does not.
They've purposely limited themselves in an attempt to recreate the magic that was Brock/Cena at Summerslam but they obviously can't do that over and over again and no one would bat an eye if we instead started getting matches more similar to Punk/Brock.

Despite how good of shape Kane is in for his age he's still not what he used to be and fans care fuck all for his in-ring work. We should not be giving Kane 20 minute PPV main events in this day and age.
__________________

Make America Healthy Again! - King Mussel


Credit to Dave
sendpm.gif
  #22  
Old 07-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Thriller Ant's Avatar
Thriller Ant Thriller Ant is offline
Beep Bop Boop
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NXT Universe
Age: 28
Posts: 1,464
Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
That logic does not speak for every fan, as Kane still drew sizable numbers that weren't that far off the baseline for the cities he made appearances in with other opponents that weren't top faces. And looking at current story line and the way Rollins is booked as champion on the main shows, it would make sense that his right hand man Kane be a bigger draw for house shows. If WWE had put any other full time worker other than Kane in his position then the Authority angle would not have worked. Looking at the numbers they were justified giving Kane the exposure that he has gotten this past year.

So as the Authority story line progresses again I ask you why Seth Rollins vs Kane down the line would not work? As clearly your generalization of "no one wants to see Kane any more" is false.
You have no shown that Kane is a draw. You've shown that top faces draw at house shows, even when Kane is with them. If you put John Cena vs. Heath Slater as the main event of a house show, it would still draw. If you put Kane vs. Heath Slater there, it wouldn't. You could do Kane vs. Seth Rollins, but it would be a massive step down from Orton, Lesnar, and even Ambrose as far as defenses go and would go a long way toward giving Rollins a failure of a first title reign like they did with Hardy and Punk.
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #23  
Old 07-21-2015, 09:53 PM
justinsayne's Avatar
justinsayne justinsayne is offline
Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Ring of Honor Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Dakota
Age: 37
Posts: 3,477
justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

This past December I went to a house show that was main evented by Reigns vs. Kane with Flair as special ref. Reigns came out to a solid reaction, Flair came out to a massive reaction, Kane came out to crickets, nobody gave a single fuck. The Girl Bye bitch gotta a bigger reaction for fucksake.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRNY4ZRNY View Post
Justinsayne, You are a abomination to our planet.
sendpm.gif
  #24  
Old 07-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Bernkastel's Avatar
Bernkastel Bernkastel is offline
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 30
Posts: 4,370
Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriller Ant View Post
You have no shown that Kane is a draw. You've shown that top faces draw at house shows, even when Kane is with them. If you put John Cena vs. Heath Slater as the main event of a house show, it would still draw.
Would Cena vs Slater draw 7,000+ over and over? No, it wouldn't.

Quote:
If you put Kane vs. Heath Slater there, it wouldn't.
Of course not. But that not a knock towards Kane as he was still drawing 3000-4000 against Big Show and Reigns.

Quote:
You could do Kane vs. Seth Rollins, but it would be a massive step down from Orton, Lesnar, and even Ambrose as far as defenses go and would go a long way toward giving Rollins a failure of a first title reign like they did with Hardy and Punk.
A step down from Orton and Lesnar, yes. But not from Ambrose. Or really Reigns according to the numbers. Especially if WWE is reverting Kane back into Demon Kane and giving him a bit of protective booking. Also I'd quit with the generalizations.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
Bernkastel you have successfully trolled me for a long time.. just wanna tell you that you are a VERY good troll. You made me wanna punch you in the face and strangle you
sendpm.gif
  #25  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Bernkastel's Avatar
Bernkastel Bernkastel is offline
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 30
Posts: 4,370
Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamidey View Post
They've purposely limited themselves in an attempt to recreate the magic that was Brock/Cena at Summerslam but they obviously can't do that over and over again and no one would bat an eye if we instead started getting matches more similar to Punk/Brock.

Despite how good of shape Kane is in for his age he's still not what he used to be and fans care fuck all for his in-ring work. We should not be giving Kane 20 minute PPV main events in this day and age.
The first paragraph I agree with, but not the second one. A victory over Kane for Seth Rollins would actually do him wonders in my opinion. Especially if this were Demon Kane.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
Bernkastel you have successfully trolled me for a long time.. just wanna tell you that you are a VERY good troll. You made me wanna punch you in the face and strangle you
sendpm.gif
  #26  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Thriller Ant's Avatar
Thriller Ant Thriller Ant is offline
Beep Bop Boop
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NXT Universe
Age: 28
Posts: 1,464
Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
A step down from Orton and Lesnar, yes. But not from Ambrose. Or really Reigns according to the numbers. Especially if WWE is reverting Kane back into Demon Kane and giving him a bit of protective booking. Also I'd quit with the generalizations.
Those numbers don't tell the whole story, which is what I'm trying to explain to you. Let me give another example:

A baseball team has a 9 game homestand. They play Team A for the first three games, and average 10,000 fans. They play Team B for the next three games, and average 15,000 fans. Finally, they play Team C and average 8,000 fans. Team B is the biggest draw right? Except that the three games against Team C had bad weather and the games against Team B were over a weekend and had giveaways.

The numbers you quoted are a piece of the puzzle, but nowhere near enough to say Kane is a draw. The fact is that he's a jobber to the stars at best and, as the build to and after the Rumble showed, has no business around a main storyline. I know you are a mark for Kane, but putting him in the World Title picture is a terrible idea.
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #27  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:29 PM
Bernkastel's Avatar
Bernkastel Bernkastel is offline
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 30
Posts: 4,370
Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriller Ant View Post
Those numbers don't tell the whole story, which is what I'm trying to explain to you. Let me give another example:

A baseball team has a 9 game homestand. They play Team A for the first three games, and average 10,000 fans. They play Team B for the next three games, and average 15,000 fans. Finally, they play Team C and average 8,000 fans. Team B is the biggest draw right? Except that the three games against Team C had bad weather and the games against Team B were over a weekend and had giveaways.

The numbers you quoted are a piece of the puzzle, but nowhere near enough to say Kane is a draw. The fact is that he's a jobber to the stars at best and, as the build to and after the Rumble showed, has no business around a main storyline. I know you are a mark for Kane, but putting him in the World Title picture is a terrible idea.
And I disagree with that sentiment. Because your example does not show the baseline average of the cities your theoretical baseball teams played in. Look at the numbers that kane drew with Cena, Bryan, Orton, and Reigns. Then compare those numbers to what those 4 were drawing between themselves and others. It's the comparably the same. Reigns vs Orton is drawing the same as Reigns vs Kane. Same with Wyatt vs Daniel, or Cena vs Orton. It's not a coincidence that Cena vs Wyatt doesn't draw nearly as much as Cena vs Kane. You cannot attribute the high numbers that Kane was drawing to the fact that he was fighting an established face.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
Bernkastel you have successfully trolled me for a long time.. just wanna tell you that you are a VERY good troll. You made me wanna punch you in the face and strangle you
sendpm.gif
  #28  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:37 PM
jmt225's Avatar
jmt225 jmt225 is offline
Global Moderator
ECW Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,531
jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default

I believe Seth/Kane could be a very good match. Seth can have a good match with anyone.

The thing I've enjoyed most about Seth's title reign is his constant belittlement of Kane. They've had great chemistry together; it only makes sense they have a match upon Kane's return.

Although, I will say it's the kind of match that co-headlines a pay-per-view, not main events it (ie: Bad Blood 2004 - Chris Benoit vs. Kane for the World Title). And Seth should go over clean as a whistle if it happens.
__________________

sendpm.gif
  #29  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:38 PM
George Steele's Barber's Avatar
George Steele's Barber George Steele's Barber is offline
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,762
George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default

I could make up the same shit based and what I saw from and read from Raw last night. Where are the spoilers?
__________________
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif
  #30  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:42 PM
World Champion Dynamite's Avatar
World Champion Dynamite World Champion Dynamite is offline
RIP Cooper's Title Reign
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Justin Cooper's Grave
Posts: 538
World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...World Champion Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
I believe Seth/Kane could be a very good match. Seth can have a good match with anyone.

The thing I've enjoyed most about Seth's title reign is his constant belittlement of Kane. They've had great chemistry together; it only makes sense they have a match upon Kane's return.

Although, I will say it's the kind of match that co-headlines a pay-per-view, not main events it (ie: Bad Blood 2004 - Chris Benoit vs. Kane for the World Title). And Seth should go over clean as a whistle if it happens.
But he totally wouldn't though.
__________________

Make America Healthy Again! - King Mussel


Credit to Dave
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices