WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...
Default So.... SGT Chris Melendez..

Upon making his debut in TNA, Chris made me emotional. The story and the character the man shows is like none other. He is a legit superhero for what he does and I respect him and salute him for his past services and him being a wrestler even without a leg.

But there comes a time when you think..why is this guy on the roster. That time is here for me right now. I see Eric Young randomly having issues with him and quite frankly him pulling out Chris' leg was a bit much to see for me.

Chris Melendez is a good sight for the audience and can really get the feeling of patriotism rolling but what else he there for?

In a company like TNA which has had to cut some of its TOP tier talents due to their inability to make payments and is cutting costs...can they really afford a guy like Chris Melendez?

I feel like TNA is not the right place for SGT Chris Melendez to be..( no WWE isn't either) and I think while both may be happy with one another it just makes no sense to me due to TNAs financial issues and Chris being limited..

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Enjoying Wrestling
WWE Diva's Champion

MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I like Sarge. I felt they should have paired him with Gunner as a military patriot team, and work them opposite Shaw/Storm last December, to give him some space to grow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by how klunderbunker realized wrestling was fake View Post
Well my mom took me to house shows when I was a kid and kept reminding me it was fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alica Fox's Finisher
"Fuck your brains. With my legs."
Old 06-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

TNA didn't use Chris Melendez well as they should've used. They didn't put him in a prompt storyline or a proper feud. He just makes his appearance to save someone from a savage ambush. But I agree with the OP. If they can't afford him to give more TV times or making him responsible for a proper feud they just should release him. TNA isn't a proper place for Chris but I guess WWE would. Because WWE knows marketing; They would've used him as a leverage for something more patriotic.

Cheers!!

Credits: Dave
Old 06-29-2015, 02:54 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

I respect Melendez, and his story.

And I don't blame TNA for employing him in an attempt to capitalize on it, but...

What can you really do with a guy that is that green and limited in the ring? He is obviously not a talent who is ready to be working matches for a nationally televised wrestling company. He has to be featured just enough for TNA to get the publicity of having him on the roster, but he has to be hidden and protected in every match and program that is designed for him.

Also it is a tough position to ask a vastly more seasoned and talented worker to job to such a clearly overmatched sideshow act, no matter how much of an inspiration and true real life hero that act may be.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm laughing at you right now.
Million Dollar Champion

Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I agree with everyone else in that I respect him for his service and his heroism. With that said, he's bad. Everybody can see it. People have been respectful thus far and tolerated TNA's obvious attempt to exploit him. After all, it's not his fault his company is using him the way they are. Most of us would jump at the chance to do what he does and we'd be greener than he is. I'm happy he's getting a chance to live his dream but he shouldn't be on tv until he's able to perform at that level. It's not fair to him or to the performers who could make better use of the tv time he's given (As limited as it is). I use the word "exploitation". I only say this because TNA knows damn well he's not ready (Or perhaps capable) but they put him in there to stumble through matches so they can put over the fact that they employee a real life hero. If TNA really wanted to help this guy they'd still be developing him and not be so eager to cash in on his novelty at this point in time.

Last edited by Headman : 06-29-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:34 PM

SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...

This gimmick is some pandering redneck shit
Old 06-30-2015, 03:18 AM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm tired of Chris Melendez already. This guy should of took a different career path after the army.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:00 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

The problem with Melendez is that like Zach Gowen, the real hook to his existing in the world of pro-wrestling is to prove that he can wrestle despite his horrific injury. The fact he suffered it in service to his country is an after-the-fact added for flavor (in that you don't actually have to explain he lost it in the military to still probably empathize with his situation).

Unfortunately, in this realm of pro wrestling, you often need more reason for people to continue to care about you after this fact becomes well known. Take Kurt Angle for example. We hear on a nearly weekly basis that he wrestled and won a gold medal in the Olympics with a "broken freakin' neck". But this isn't the only reason we care about him. Far from it. It might have been his bridge into this world, but once he reached that door he kicked it wide open and proved he belonged by showing how well he could wrestle, how well he could speak, how well he could adapt — things Melendez has not done, and may not do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Knockout Champion

MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...

Like everyone else on here, I also like and respect Chris, But with how limited he is in the ring, there is not much you can really do with him. I liked the idea of having him in a tag team with Gunner like MrHashasheen said. that way Gunner could have carried the pair during matches while Chris developed and gained more experience.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm cool with the Sarge, but he's just another brick in the wall. He would've flourished if he was in a tag team with Gunner or maybe even Mr. Anderson. However, now he appears to be just a novelty. There's really nothing to gain in a program with EY. I say take him off TV for six months to a year and have him tweak his skills. See where it goes from there.