WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2015, 11:55 AM
It's Damn Real!'s Avatar
It's Damn Real! It's Damn Real! is offline
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 33
Posts: 4,931
It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Former TNA Writer Claims Dolph Ziggler Headed to TNA When WWE Contract Expires

Via inquisitr.com:

Quote:
“I know for a fact that Dolph is TNA bound. It’s been in motion for months already.”
A part of that “in motion for months already” comment is that Ziggler has been open about his alleged liking for IMPACT wrestling. Not only is Ziggler a fan of the product, but his fandom has apparently landed him in hot water with company officials, and that is part of the reason as to why Ziggler has not been involved in any major storylines recently.
“I’m telling you Ziggler has been praising the Tna shows for over a year. Even said impact was more entertaining than raw. Yes he said that and it got back to WWE and he’s been in limbo ever since. He’s made it clear with people in TNA that he wants in once his deal is up. Just watch.”
--

Apparently he "hinted" at leaving WWE months ago, tweeting "You’ve got 5 months to prove that I need you. THIS is for everyone screwed over bc they did what they weren’t supposed to do – GET OVER it. you mad bro? sad, for a guy who never loses."

I have no real opinion of Ziggler (other than he has a really stupid fucking name) one way or another, but based on what I'm reading, this would be the "angriest" jump from WWE to TNA since probably Angle, where the guy leaving has a real axe to grind, which could, theoretically, benefit TNA. They've routinely capitalized on this kind of thing well. Most recently with EC3.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Starkist's Avatar
Starkist Starkist is offline
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 28
Posts: 265
Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Not sure on how true this is now. Another source stated he is not headed to TNA. So who knows at this point.

I would like to see him in TNA. I am a fan of his regardless if people think he is crap or not. Would he draw viewers to TNA? I am not sure but he could work in TNA if they allow him to succeed like they have done with ECIII.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2015, 01:33 PM
AustinHartLesnarHBKTaz80's Avatar
AustinHartLesnarHBKTaz80 AustinHartLesnarHBKTaz80 is offline
The Rock vs HBK can still happen...
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 147
AustinHartLesnarHBKTaz80 is looking to come up from OCW...AustinHartLesnarHBKTaz80 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Dont believe everything you read.

Could be true, maybe not.

Maybe Ziggler told the guy to write this to give him some leverage on his contract negotiations, similar to the way Brock showed up at that UFC ppv sitting with Dana White right before his contract was up.

Maybe, that writer guy just needed to post something ridiculous to be relevant in his own mind.

Regardless, i could care less about Ziggler.

He ain't that good, IMO.

I dont see what all the hoopla is about with this guy from the IWC.

He's just a glorified "flopper" with no real entertainment value, wrestling-wise, or on the mic. And that zig zag finisher just sucks. Ok, rant over.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-23-2015, 01:55 PM
detroitking02 detroitking02 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 65
detroitking02 is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default

If Ziggler is unhappy in WWE then that's okay. Outside of WWE the only place in the USA to make good decent money is in TNA. Working for ROH will not get u six figures and GFW only has a few dates and is still trying to get it's business started and Jeff Jarrett isn't gonna pay big long term. So from a business standpoint outside WWE your best bet is TNA if your a star.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Logisticalbooker86 Logisticalbooker86 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 166
Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Dolph Ziggler could certainly be angling for an I win or I leave WWE title match at Survivor Series. This theory has been in the back of my mind since the speculation about his contract began.

I am not really a fan of Ziggler. His ring work can be spectacular when he is on, but overall he is overstated. Character development wise, he has been coasting for several years.

I might watch if he jumps to TNA, but probably not for long. The last WWE alumni to jump ship that I cared about was Christian Cage. I watched TNA Impact and PPV's regularly during that period.

The biggest issue Ziggles has is his concussion history, he might be a concussion away from being done. Admittedly, that is pure speculation on my part.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-23-2015, 02:57 PM
JJYanks121's Avatar
JJYanks121 JJYanks121 is offline
The Mouth of the South Shore
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 798
JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

That employee posting about it is pretty darn stupid. Now, even if TNA wants him, they can't have him. He's basically outed Ziggler and TNA for tampering and violating the no compete clause. Because of this idiot, there's zero chance Ziggler goes to TNA.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-23-2015, 03:03 PM
hatehabsforever's Avatar
hatehabsforever hatehabsforever is offline
Moderator
Mr. Money in the Bank
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newfoundland and Labrador
Posts: 2,064
hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Personally, I think this is typical of the errant thinking that TNA tends to utilize. Focusing more on recycling guys who have (allegedly) outlived their usefulness in WWE, rather than focusing on improving from within. It would appear, if the reports are accurate (which in all likelihood, they aren't) that TNA are focusing their efforts on signing guys like Rey Mysterio or Dolph Ziggler, while guys like Gunner are being allowed to leave. I have always believed that if TNA could be patient and develop their own talent and therefore their own identity, they would be better served, as opposed to grabbing the most recent talent who leaves, or is released, by WWE.

Dolph Ziggler is a mid card talent at best. If he were more than that, he would have been utilized more prominently by WWE in the first place. So spending months trying to bring him on board seems to be poor usage of time and resources, neither of which in in excess in TNA at the moment. Signing him would spike a little interest, for an episode or two, and then that will be gone. Likewise, signing Rey Mysterio, at this stage of his career, is not going to be the answer to TNA's problems either. Why not focus more on the strengths that they have, and try to build upon it, rather than looking for the golden goose, the quick fix, the next savior.

TNA has produced some talent of their own, either completely homegrown, or damned close to it. This is what they should have been working on replicating for years. Rather than parading in a bunch of guys from elsewhere, why not work on producing their own? It worked pretty good for WWE back in the day.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-23-2015, 03:14 PM
It's Damn Real!'s Avatar
It's Damn Real! It's Damn Real! is offline
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 33
Posts: 4,931
It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJYanks121 View Post
That employee posting about it is pretty darn stupid. Now, even if TNA wants him, they can't have him. He's basically outed Ziggler and TNA for tampering and violating the no compete clause. Because of this idiot, there's zero chance Ziggler goes to TNA.
What "rules" are there against tampering in pro wrestling? There is no Collective Bargaining Agreement. There's no union. There's no Wrester's Association.

What can they "violate" here? It's perfectly legal for an independent contractor to negotiate his next job while still under contract, provided he doesn't leave his current employer before his contract expires to show up to work for his next.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-23-2015, 03:17 PM
It's Damn Real!'s Avatar
It's Damn Real! It's Damn Real! is offline
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 33
Posts: 4,931
It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
Personally, I think this is typical of the errant thinking that TNA tends to utilize. Focusing more on recycling guys who have (allegedly) outlived their usefulness in WWE, rather than focusing on improving from within. It would appear, if the reports are accurate (which in all likelihood, they aren't) that TNA are focusing their efforts on signing guys like Rey Mysterio or Dolph Ziggler, while guys like Gunner are being allowed to leave. I have always believed that if TNA could be patient and develop their own talent and therefore their own identity, they would be better served, as opposed to grabbing the most recent talent who leaves, or is released, by WWE.

Dolph Ziggler is a mid card talent at best. If he were more than that, he would have been utilized more prominently by WWE in the first place. So spending months trying to bring him on board seems to be poor usage of time and resources, neither of which in in excess in TNA at the moment. Signing him would spike a little interest, for an episode or two, and then that will be gone. Likewise, signing Rey Mysterio, at this stage of his career, is not going to be the answer to TNA's problems either. Why not focus more on the strengths that they have, and try to build upon it, rather than looking for the golden goose, the quick fix, the next savior.

TNA has produced some talent of their own, either completely homegrown, or damned close to it. This is what they should have been working on replicating for years. Rather than parading in a bunch of guys from elsewhere, why not work on producing their own? It worked pretty good for WWE back in the day.
I'm all for them producing their own talent, but when a big free agent is available, you get him if you think he/she can help you, regardless of where he came from. What TNA have mostly been guilty of is foregoing their own talent by hotshotting guys who already have national exposure. Meaning, when they bring in Booker T, they immediately stick him in a feud with Sting, or Angle, or someone else who has the same exposure level, instead of using Booker T to get Daniels over.

They got it right with Angle by pitting him against Joe right off the bat, for example.

There's nothing wrong with them having interest in Ziggler in and of itself. It's how they bring him in and use him that will matter most. The same would hold true of Mysterio or anyone else for that matter.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-23-2015, 03:45 PM
hatehabsforever's Avatar
hatehabsforever hatehabsforever is offline
Moderator
Mr. Money in the Bank
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newfoundland and Labrador
Posts: 2,064
hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
I'm all for them producing their own talent, but when a big free agent is available, you get him if you think he/she can help you, regardless of where he came from. What TNA have mostly been guilty of is foregoing their own talent by hotshotting guys who already have national exposure. Meaning, when they bring in Booker T, they immediately stick him in a feud with Sting, or Angle, or someone else who has the same exposure level, instead of using Booker T to get Daniels over.

They got it right with Angle by pitting him against Joe right off the bat, for example.

There's nothing wrong with them having interest in Ziggler in and of itself. It's how they bring him in and use him that will matter most. The same would hold true of Mysterio or anyone else for that matter.
Fair enough I guess. And listen, I have no claim to have the ability to read minds or to be able to speak categorically on why anyone does the things that they do. But I think it is a fair assumption to make that Ziggler is a little disgruntled with how he is currently being used by WWE. Presumably he feels that he is not getting the respect he deserves, the push he covets in WWE, and if he in fact has his contract end and he decides to take the plunge, I don't think it's too big of an assumption to make that he will be looking to redeem himself and to prove to the world that he deserves more than what WWE has provided him.

That being said, it's doubtful he is going to come over and put guys like Daniels over (I know he's already gone, just saying). He is coming over with an axe to grind and will be looking to be parachuted right to the top of the pile, and quickly. He's going to be in the title picture very quickly. You know, foregoing their own talent by hotshotting guys with some national exposure right over them. He's likely not coming to TNA to languish in the mid card and put other guys over, he's doing that now in WWE, and for presumably more coin than he will receive in TNA.

Doesn't this do more harm than good in the grand scheme of things? Leapfrogging him over existing talent, again, looking to quickly produce results, rather than letting things evolve naturally? And if TNA sees Dolph Ziggler as a "big free agent", there may be a problem right there and then. I know one thing. If I'm Bobby Roode, or James Storm, or Austin Aries or someone like that, and I'm taking a sudden back seat to Dolph freakin' Ziggler of all people, I'm not very happy. And I'm putting out feelers to NXT and fast. Where the grass may, truly, be greener on the other side.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices