WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > The All-Time Slammy Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Holy Shit Moment of All Time
Taker throws Foley off of the HIAC Cage 36 65.45%
The Montreal Screwjob 8 14.55%
Big Show and Lesnar collapse the ring 1 1.82%
The Kat goes skinny dipping 0 0%
Michaels tosses Jannetty through window 1 1.82%
Lashley breaks cage onto Umaga 2 3.64%
Hogan slams Andre 3 5.45%
TLC mid-air spear 3 5.45%
HHH and Foley atop the HIAC Cage 0 0%
1-2-3 Kid pins Razor on RAW 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Est. 1991
WWF Hardcore Champion

Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...Richard is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via MSN to Richard

Without a shadow of a doubt from that list it should be Taker throwing Foley off the top of the Hell In A Cell structure through an announce table.

This is the Holy Shit moment of all time. When the Montreal Screwjob happened, I don't think there was anyone chanting "HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT". Shocking? Yes. Holy Shit? No.

The ring collapse was nice aswell and Michael Coles reaction only made it better.

But to this day, 10 years on we still see footage of Taker throwing Foley off of the Hell In A Cell structure. I still watch it and it still gets a reaction everytime, you can't watch it and not feel anything. JR's reaction made it special aswell, "HE KILLED HIM!!".

When I think of Holy Shit, I think about Edge spearing Foley through a burning table aswell but these categories are all very subjective. Also I want to give an honorable mention to Shane McMahon, jumping off the Unforgiven set.

But I voted for Taker throwing Foley off the cell.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Million Dollar Champion

realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...

because of the wording I would say Foley being thrown off the cage but as the big Bret Hart fan I was I would have to say the screwjob. What was worse for me was seeing him on nitro the night after being the WCW hater I was. I really couldn't stand Michaels for several years after that, lol.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

i cant get over the getting thrown of the cell. i mean imagen that. quite mind blowing. montreal wasn't really omg. it was more like wtf.

I wonder what was going through foleys head when he got thrown off? No wait more importantly what would he be thinking when he got chokeslammed through the roof. they both should have been OMG moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 03:12 AM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

First of all, thank you for stating that HBK threw him through the window, and not that he superkicked him through the window.

When the ECW turned on the WWE guys to start the InVasion, I nearly freaked out. I was young, and watched with my parents, and the excitement in my voice as I explained it to them went unmatched until I called my mom to tell her the Astros were going to the world series. So my personal number one is not included. Cool

Just like in the presidential election of this year, I will vote, even though, my number one is not present. I am voting the 1-2-3 Kid. This was the end of the jobber era. Back then, the WWE was all about the Superstars and Wrestling Challenge shows. Raw was new, and catching on, but most fans still identified with syndicated Saturday morning shows. All of a sudden, this guy that we knew was going to lose, beat one of the biggest stars on the show. One, props to Razor for putting him over, even if it was his buddy. Two, props to the WWE for proving that anything can happen, which inspired viewers to watch every show so they did not miss a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Is hanging up the boots
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...Rusty is a Television Champion...

Well, there are many interesting moments that have shocked the fans in WWE history, but the sight of seeing Mick Foley been thrown off the top of the Hell in a Cell by the Undertaker, is the most shocking moment of all time. The bump Foley took looked great. Off the tall cell and straight down collapsing onto the announce table was a moment that will always be remembered in wrestling history. It really defined Foley as being as hardcore as they come.

A bump like that just wouldn't happen in the WWE today. Because quite frankly, I doubt any superstars wants to go through a bump such as that. But Mick Foley being the hardcore legend that he is, defined himself as being one of the greatest Hardcore Legends of all time through this very moment. That is why I believe it was the greatest "Holy Shit" moment of all time.
You see my son, some people have both male and female parts. Using a combination of Chinese stretching techniques, motor oil, three carrots and a big city woman named Phyllis, I was able to literally fuck myself, thus creating you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Kogan View Post
I Fail to see how "honorary" and "Aussie" go together. Might as well just flat out call you a convict.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthesouth View Post
When the ECW turned on the WWE guys to start the InVasion
This is hands down my biggest mark-out ever. What an awesome moment that was.

Anyway, since Roberts/Savage isn't nominated, I voted for HITC with 'Taker and Mankind. You know what people forget about that? Foley actually comes back out during the main event between Austin and Kane and takes a stunner. How fucking nuts is that? And Foley never receives any credit for doing that; not even from himself, lol.

But yeah, I didn't see that moment as it happened, but I remember being shocked watching Raw the next night when they showed the highlights of it. Nothing else from that show meant anything. Ken Shamrock won the King of the Ring. No one cared. Kane won the WWF Title in bullshit fashion. No one cared. All people gave a damn about for weeks was what happened to Mankind.

sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 02:28 PM

goldstandard is looking to come up from OCW...

This was a very tough decision for me. I was torn between Mankind getting thrown off the Hell in a Cell and Hogan slamming Andre. In the end, I ended up going with Hogan slamming Andre. I just thought the historical significance of that was great. The way the entire crowd was into it, and the way Hogan had been really selling a bad back leading up to this for a while. I was 13 years old watching this live with my parents and couldn't believe what I had just saw. Sometimes I think that things we see when we were younger have a little more of that magical edge to them and that probably played a big role in how I voted. If I could have picked 2 though, Mankind falling was definitely my second choice. How about we call them 1A and 1B?
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Fun's my Chinese neighbour's name
ECW TV Champion

Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...Father:_Polley is going to make some noise in the draft...

For me it is always only going to be between two choices - Hell in a Cell and Andre/Hogan.

Both of these are probably the most iconic and broadcastable moments in WWF history because they were completely unexpected. Crazy as Foley and Taker were, no-one really expected Mick to be thrown off the Cell and then get back in and be put through the top of the cell, and then to continue the match despite being knocked out.

Likewise Hogan and Andre... it was the unthinkable. The giant being toppled and a scene that is alway emulated with the big men (Think Khali being slammed - JR will ALWAYS make a Hogan reference).

Some other moments of mention:
The Montreal Screwjob - Yes, it was shocking. But it took a while before the significance was realised, which takes the moment away from it. Event yes, moment no

Suplerplex Ring Collapse - Now... even as a kid I wasn't fooled by this one. So the ring collapsed... that doesn't render both men unconscious. That in itself ruined this moment for me.

The Kat Skinny Dips - The second of boob wasn't worth the pain of the match that went before it

Bobby Lashley breaks the walls down - Meh

Michaels takes a little off the top - The ultimate in turns. Shawn putting someone through a window is impressive before you consider it was his best friend

The TLC Spear - Ok...the TLC spear is up there as one of the top moments, but there's a BIG difference between being speared and being tossed off the roof. HIAC tops it

Triple H and Foley atop the HIAC - This is an echo of the Mankind/Taker, nothing more. That was why they had Foley on the cell... so people would want him to be tossed off again.

1-2-3 Kid pins Razor Ramon - Seems out of place because it was just a shock loss. Surprising, but not win worthy.

I have one more which I don't think has been mentioned yet:
Hogan's heel turn - Riots, garbage and the unthinkable. Hogan was the partner. No-one expected it and it changed wrestling.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

My vote goes for the Foley Taker HIAC as well. Up until that point I never watched ECW or anything federation like that that does crazy shit so I never seen anything remotely close to that. Hell I dont even know if I ever seen anybody get thrown through a table let alone from that high, when I saw that I think I literally did say "Holy shit". Even now after seeing it hundreds of times my jaw still drops when I see it especially when I see it from that one angle(The straight on TV shot, not the one where the camera is positioned by the table that they show so much)

A couple more though I like to add that were holy shit moments for me was when Shane McMahon jumped off the top of the Backlash set(I think thats what it was) on to the Big Show. I know there was a bunch of padding underneath that plywood but seeing somebody jump from that high up still warranted a "holy shit"

Another one was the debut of Giant Gonzalez at Royal Rumble 93. I was only 11 years old at the time so I was still relatively young and I believe I still thought everything was real so I was in awe of a man that size, and to see him manhandle the Undertaker like that who up until that point was pretty much indestructable was definitely shocking especially when you were a kid.

Last edited by agentmichaelscarn : 12-11-2008 at 08:24 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Notorious P:W_C View Post
I have one more which I don't think has been mentioned yet:
Hogan's heel turn - Riots, garbage and the unthinkable. Hogan was the partner. No-one expected it and it changed wrestling.
It hasn't been mentioned yet because it was WCW. Since the WWE ownes the rights to the Slammy's, we're only doing WWF moments. THere are a few matches that could have made the cut from WCW or ECW, but again, WWF only.

Great call oncalling HIAC and Hogan / Andre "commentatable." It puts them in a leauge with the 1980 Miracle on Ice, and you summed up it's relevance with that single word.
sendpm.gif