WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Should WWE mention certain things about Benoit
Yes, at least mention him in certain things that he did. 22 44.00%
No, he doesn't deserve even that 24 48.00%
Split decision 4 8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2015, 10:26 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Chris Benoit- What to do about Mr.Benoit!!!

It has been 8 years since Mr.Benoit allegedly killed his self,his wife,and his son.

Now,whether we have all the facts or not. I have to agree with WWE distancing their selves from him.

However, I think the time has come to mention him and un-erase him from history.

Now, I am not saying start talking about how great he is or making a big deal about him or even having superstars mention him on TV or nothing crazy like that.

What I am talking about is not bypassing his name when bringing up certain stuff. For example when WWE mentions WrestleMania 20, they should stop treating Goldberg/Lesnar and Kane/Taker as the MAIN event and stop referring to the main event as just a triple threat for the WHC.

The more WWE does this, the more attention they bring to their selves and Benoit.

I feel that he should be mentioned when talking about certain things and not completely erased.

Stuff like The Radicalz (with Benoit),WrestleMania 20 main event (with Benoit),also mentioning his matches in WWE.com articles when talking about good matches,RR win and record (mentioning Benoit) should be acknowledged.

Other than that stuff I wouldn't mention him or the tragic incident. I also damn sure wouldn't induct him in to the Hall Of Fame.

I know I will get alot of heat for this thread, but I felt I should keep it real.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:59 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

You're one of those guys that think it was Kevin Sullivan or someone else who killed them aren't you??

Honestly I think they should at least acknowledge things like The Radicalz, him winning the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 20 and being the person that Randy Orton beat for his first World title reign but that's about it. I get that trying to erase him from history isn't going to happen and in part trying to do it draws attention to him but even so WWE would get a load of (possible) backlash by even mentioning his name in passing, the guy did kill his wife and child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:17 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You're one of those guys that think it was Kevin Sullivan or someone else who killed them aren't you??

Honestly I think they should at least acknowledge things like The Radicalz, him winning the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 20 and being the person that Randy Orton beat for his first World title reign but that's about it. I get that trying to erase him from history isn't going to happen and in part trying to do it draws attention to him but even so WWE would get a load of (possible) backlash by even mentioning his name in passing, the guy did kill his wife and child.
Your kind of right, but kind of wrong. I am doing my own bit of research before I make my final opinion and have been for year. Right now, every thing adds up on the Sullivan part, but also everything on Benoit's part adds up. Right now I don't know who to believe.

But on the second part it looks like were on the same exact page.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

What WWE does is fine. It only brings more attention from people whose opinions don't matter, the current loyal fans.

And regardless, they're just covering up for Cena as the real killer.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

He murdered a child. To be honest I don't think his wrestling legacy is that important.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
Old 05-17-2015, 12:15 PM
ROH Pure Champion

laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...

His wrestling legacy isn't even that great. He was a solid worker, he had nearly no charisma, he just came up in a time where people actually bought into "technical masters," as in, he was REALLY beating them up, even though wrestling is a work. People do it with Daniel Bryan, too, they call him technically great, even though he's not really fighting. So, we have Chris Benoit, average worker, and we have Chris Benoit, wife and child murderer (which probably stemmed from a massive manic breakdown from his TBI).

Ignore him, never mention him on WWE programming, and never ever ever ever recognize him for anything.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

We can give all the opinions we want to give but the truth is WWE isn't gonna bat its eyes about it. The company isn't just being run by Vince McMahon and his family, it got sponsors from all around the world and none of them would want WWE to mention Benoit's name again.

Don't you remember WWE fired Emma as an immediate effect when she accidentally alleged with a theft of mere $100 IPhone case? They fired her just for this ignorable petty theft so obviously how they'll ever mention Chris Benoit's name ever again?

That guy does deserve respect for his career but not for the actions he had done in his real life (or he's been accused of) Life worth more than a career.

Cheers!!

Credits: Dave
Old 05-17-2015, 12:42 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Since none of us where there 8 years ago when the murders and suicide happened, I'll go with the official police findings. They are that the killed his wife on Saturday and his son the next day, before hanging himself in his weight room.

So with regards to Chris Benoit, he's a scum-bag, point blank. Whether this was caused in part due to steroid abuse, as some have said, it still happened. And I just can't believe that he would allow someone like Kevin Sullivan, who was a whole state or two away, to kill the two people closest too him.

And you spent a year investigating this. What is there to investigate?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Sigh. Occam's razor man. The least complicated explanation is the most likely. That and the police in Georgia concluded Benoit was the killer. As a publicly traded company, WWE can't celebrate or acknowledge a man who slaughtered a child, even if there's some evidence pointing to the contrary, no matter how great of a guy anyone thought he was before.

He was my hero too damn it, but it looks like he murdered his family. The world isn't ready for conversations about mental illness as they pertain to men who commit acts like Benoit most likely did.

So here's the facts: the police concluded he was the killer, so he will never be acknowledged on WWE programming again. His legacy isn't so great that he can't be avoided. It would be a different story if we found out tomorrow that Hulk Hogan was a cannibal or John Cena was a child molester. Those men have giant unavoidable careers, whereas Benoit has a skipable Rumble win and Mania main event.

These Benoit threads get us no where. His rabid fans want his career honoured regardless, the majority of us look at it logically. You want to relive Benoit's career? Do it on YouTube or Daily Motion brother, he ain't going to be on WWE anything ever again.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:50 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Since none of us where there 8 years ago when the murders and suicide happened, I'll go with the official police findings. They are that the killed his wife on Saturday and his son the next day, before hanging himself in his weight room.

So with regards to Chris Benoit, he's a scum-bag, point blank. Whether this was caused in part due to steroid abuse, as some have said, it still happened. And I just can't believe that he would allow someone like Kevin Sullivan, who was a whole state or two away, to kill the two people closest too him.

And you spent a year investigating this. What is there to investigate?
These facts

1) Chavo Guerrero – a close friend of Benoit- told WWE magazine that he talked to Chris for while on Friday night on his house phone. About 45 minutes into the conversation, Chris told him that there was somebody knocking at his door and he was going to see who it was. Shortly after Chris answered the door, there was a “scuffle” and then his house phone line went dead. Chris could only be reached on his cell phone about 3 hours later. This is very significant. This explains why there was no forced entry. Chris let the killer or killers in.

2) After Chavo reached Chis on his cell phone, he said that Chris sounded very odd, groggy and tired. He also said that Chris told him “I Love You Chavo” which sounded forced. The WWE also said that when Chris called in and told them that Nancy and Daniel were sick he did not sound like himself. He sounded groggy. Chris then said “I Love You” which they say was out of context because he usually didn’t say this.

3) Chris Benoit’s cell phone is missing. The police cannot find his cell phone or the needles they say Chris used to inject himself with steroids shortly before he died. The police have turned his cell phone off.
4) Chris was not hanging from the weight machine, he was laying on the floor underneath the machine. Another officer said that Benoit was “slumped” against the weight machine.

5) There was a white cloth wrapped around Chris’ neck. If he was so suicidal why would he care if his neck was bruised?

6) The medical examiner says that Chris Benoit died on Saturday. The text messages were sent on Sunday. Chris was already dead so who sent the text messages? It is noted that nobody talked to Chris on Sunday.

7) The steroids found in Chris’ house were not in his body.

8) If Chris’ had murdered his family then why did he need to text people? Think about it. Everybody was dead. Nobody would hear him talking so why text? Calling would have been easier. (I believe the killer text Benoit’s address to get somebody to come to the house to find the bodies)

9) Chris sent Chavo a text message telling him his address. Why would he do this? Chavo already knew were Chris lived. He spent the previous weekend with him.

10) Chris’ body was badly de- composed, about the same as Nancy’s. This shows he died sooner than Sunday.

11) Why would he tie up Nancy to kill her? He was a big guy. He could have just hit her one good time and she would have been out.

12) Ray also told me that the world press is reporting the manner of the deaths wrong. He says that Daniel was shot in his head and Nancy was shot in her chest.

13) Chavo said that the Chris Benoit seemed “worried” about something but he could not get Chris to open up and tell him why he was worried.

14) There was no Bible besides Chris’ body. Why would he place a bible beside Nancy and Daniel and not place one beside his own if he knew he was about to take his own life?

15) There were 10 empty beer cans and an empty body of wine besides Chris’ body. He tested negative for alcohol.

16) The toxicology confirmed that Chris had Hydrocodone (pain killer) Xanex (anti-anxiety drug). I have used both of these. These 2 drugs combined will sedate Chris and make him very sleepy. So he could not fight back.

17) The police originally said that Daniel died on Friday because his body was badly de-composing. This supports my belief that all 3 died on Friday night. The police changed the manner of Daniel’s death 3 times. 1st he died from a garbage bag, 2nd he died from a choke hold, 3rd he was smothered by a pillow. Why would they keep changing?

18) The police kept changing the location of where Nancy’s body was found. 1st she was found in the downstairs family room. 2nd she was found in the upstairs bedroom. 3rd she was found in the house office.

19) Chris’ father said that Chris called him on father’s day and told him that he wished he could spend more time with his family but he had to work. One of Nancy’s friend says that Nancy Loved Chris and she had no plans to leave him.

20) Retired Wrestler Bam Bam Bigalow died 1-19-07. Sherry Martel died 6-15-07. The Benoit family died 6-22-07. Since this family died, 2 other wrestlers have died. (Brian Adams and Johnny Crush in July and August 07) Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Brian Pillman all died the night before they were set to win title belts. Sherry Martel’s death is even more suspicious to me. Sherry Martel had ties to Nancy Benoit’s ex-husband Kevin Sullivan. The circumstances surrounding her death have not been released.

21) Kevin Sullivan told Chris Benoit that he would kill him. Kevin is currently a high ranking member of a satanic cult. Kevin is also on the WWE Board of Directors. Kevin Sullivan also had motive to kill Daniel Benoit because he was Chris and Nancy’s offspring. Retired wrestler Dusty Roads said that “he danced with the devil” when working with Kevin Sullivan who is known as being Cold-hearted and conniving. The Benoit family was murdered on the 10-year anniversary of Nancy’s divorce from Kevin Sullivan.

22) Nancy Benoit’s death was posted on the internet, 14 hours before her body was found.

23) Weeks before he died, Chris Benoit’s colleagues said that Chris began taking alternate routes to and from work and back to his house. Chris and Nancy believed that somebody was following them. Chris’ friends dismissed his worries as paranoia.

24) The Benoit family was murdered the same week that the WWE had a story line of “Who killed Vince McMahon.”

25) The Wikipedia story that came out a day before the bodies were discovered were traced back to WWE Headquarters.