WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 AM

Bozzaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Bozzaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Bozzaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Bozzaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Bozzaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Bozzaholic is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Bozzaholic Send a message via MSN to Bozzaholic

Excel Question
I have a massive employee database on an excel spreadsheet at work and I want to create a search engine (with a google style GUI) - does anyone know how I could possibly create and code the gui and search code on sheet one to bring up results from the result engine on sheet 2? I could just use CTRL+F but I actually want to design a nice looking search page
Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Has a Dark Passenger on board...
Million Dollar Champion

Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Deexter Jorgan Send a message via Yahoo to Deexter Jorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzaholic View Post
Excel Question
I have a massive employee database on an excel spreadsheet at work and I want to create a search engine (with a google style GUI) - does anyone know how I could possibly create and code the gui and search code on sheet one to bring up results from the result engine on sheet 2? I could just use CTRL+F but I actually want to design a nice looking search page
you can perform a find search using excel in regards to finding employees, but you will have to use a database style software in order to incorporate an employee GUI system, Basicaly something like Dbase or something newer, im just trying to think what microsoft use nowdays in order to create databases themselves.

If you have no clue how to do it you can either spend a shed load of time putting together and incorperating a database system or you can outsource.

Excel never had or ever will incorperate a gui system im afraid

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Humming The Bassline
WCW TV Champion

Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...

If you want to use a Microsoft product in order to build a database, the program Microsoft offer is Access. Now I am not 100% sure how it works, as I have it, but I've only dabbled a bit in it so I'm not sure if that's the best program for the job or not, but it looks like a pretty useful program that you can change the appearance of accordingly.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Lovable degenerate.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...Spunky is getting some looks on Smackdown...

When I play FIFA09 on my PS3 the high fan comes on, Not that it bothers me, It's just it only comes on when I play that game, And switch off when I take it out.

It doesn't happen with any other game either.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Anybody know how in the fuck I cancel Amazon Prime? The fuckers offered me a month's free trial, but I haven't been able to cancel it and the cunts are now charging me for it. Apparently, there's no way to stop it on the actual website so I've been officially raped of my cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:26 PM
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Go to your online banking service if you have one, or failing that call up your bank and ask them to cancel the direct debit (or US equivalent).

Failing that e-mail Amazon and ask for there assistance on the matter.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Apparently, I can't stop them charging 50, even though I had no idea they'd turned on the benefits. On one hand, I've now got free one-day delivery for a year. On the other, I really can't afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

My DVD burner/player on my PC is acting weird now. If I put in a standard music CD, it seems just fine. However, I have several CDs that are, well, not self-help, but they are for my business and they are pretty much instructional CDs, not music. Those don't play at all. If I put in any kind of CD-Rom, 19 times out of 20 it won't read it or even acknowledge that there is a disk in the drive. But it will still read DVDs and burn both CDs and DVDs. I've done a full system restore twice and that doesn't seem to fix the issue. Every now and then, if I've just restarted my PC, it will read the first cd-rom I put in, but if I change the disk I'm screwed. WTF???
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTaker View Post
I've liked Pyrusane for some time now. I wish he'd post more because I like his posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastadon TentaZord View Post
Pyrusane, I love you. you and I took down this motherfucker when he tried to say that the spinner belt was so cool, and that Goldberg was a jobber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Burna View Post
I mark out for a pyrusane post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdigle View Post
pyrusane must either make a shit ton of money or have a really big johnson.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzaholic View Post
Excel Question
Do you know VBA code at all. I can give you an example to get you started, but without actually seeing your spreadsheet a lot of it will be just generic.

It sounds like you are trying to do the same thing as a Ctrl + F feature, but have it look a little neater and just return the data on the one person you are looking for.

Let's assume that sheet 2 has three columns: Name, Department, and Employee ID, in that order. We'll also, for the sake of this demonstration, assume that the sheet has information on 500 employees, with a header row on Row 1, for a total of 501 rows of data, in columns A, B, and C. Obviously, you don't need it to check Row 1, so we'll leave that out. On your sheet 1, the interface, you can format the sheet however you want, but we'll assume that you want to search by Employee ID, for the sake of this demonstration. You type the Employee ID in cell A1, then click a button you would create from the Forms Toolbar found under View -> Toolbars.

The code based off of my suppositions would look something like this (anytime you see a ' that represents comments explaining what we're doing, not part of the actual code)

Sub findit()
Sheets(1).Select
Range("a1").Select
'This tells the program where to find the info you are looking for
EID = Range("a1").Value
'This declares a variable that says I AM LOOKING FOR THIS EMPLOYEE ID
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'This makes it so that the screen just displays your search page, without flashing a lot while the program works
For i = 2 To 501
'This declares your variable, i, to determine how many rows of data you need to search through
Sheets(2).Select
Range("c" & i).Select
'This starts the search. For each cycle of the For-Next loop, it will look in column C, at whatever Row i currently represents
If Range("c" & i).Value = EID Then
'If it found a match then...
Range("a" & i & ":c" & i).Copy
'Copy that entry and...
Sheets(1).Select
'Go back to the search page...
Range("a2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
'Paste the info there
Exit Sub
'Oh and don't forget to stop searching
Else
End If
'If it doesn't match what we were searching for, proceed to the next step
Next i
'This says, ok, we didn't find it yet, lets try the next row

End Sub

This is a fairly basic bit of programming. I tested it and it works fine. The formatting and such is up to you. Of course, you would want to remember to change the variables and ranges to match the data you are trying to pull, the location, and the number of rows you are pulling from. If this helps at all, or you have any questions about how to implement it if you want to use something like this, feel free to PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTaker View Post
I've liked Pyrusane for some time now. I wish he'd post more because I like his posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastadon TentaZord View Post
Pyrusane, I love you. you and I took down this motherfucker when he tried to say that the spinner belt was so cool, and that Goldberg was a jobber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Burna View Post
I mark out for a pyrusane post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdigle View Post
pyrusane must either make a shit ton of money or have a really big johnson.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrusane View Post
My DVD burner/player on my PC is acting weird now. If I put in a standard music CD, it seems just fine. However, I have several CDs that are, well, not self-help, but they are for my business and they are pretty much instructional CDs, not music. Those don't play at all. If I put in any kind of CD-Rom, 19 times out of 20 it won't read it or even acknowledge that there is a disk in the drive. But it will still read DVDs and burn both CDs and DVDs. I've done a full system restore twice and that doesn't seem to fix the issue. Every now and then, if I've just restarted my PC, it will read the first cd-rom I put in, but if I change the disk I'm screwed. WTF???
1) Do your instructional CDs play on other CD-Rom drives?

2) Have you tried copying the instructional CDs to a different CD and playing the burned copy on your CD-Rom drive?

3) Can you afford to buy another drive? I mean, you can buy DVD drives for $50-$80, depending on what quality you want.