WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-02-2016, 02:37 AM
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion

X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X

I'm with you on this one again Mitch, I gave this one a viewing a few years back because of the holiday novelty and my affinity for the classic slasher era, but it's simply not one of the better ones from that time period. In fact it's actively bad in a lot of places. The idea of a punk rock radio station DJ getting stalked on New Years Eve by a killer was one that had me thinking I'd get some mileage out of this one, but no dice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
The idea of a punk rock radio station DJ getting stalked on New Years Eve by a killer was one that had me thinking I'd get some mileage out of this one, but no dice.
Same here. I remember reading the synopsis, looking at the movie poster for the first time years ago, realizing New Year's Evil was an 80's slasher, and thinking to myself "I have to see this!" But it's almost impossible to ignore the feeling of soul crushing disappointment after the first twenty something minutes.

Usually, I'm against remakes, but New Year's Evil is one of those obscure 80's slashers with a lot of room for improvement. Pure fantasy stuff, but re-work the story, with an urban legend attached to Evil as this boogeyman, who only comes out on New Year's Eve to kill and punish his victims (as the narrator in the trailer suggests), because Evil focusing on Blaze's character as his main target is one of the many the setbacks in the movie.

But I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing with a Hollywood remake for an 80's slasher, because it's hard to forget about the previous failures with Prom Night and The House On Sorority Row.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:09 PM
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Night Of The Creeps (1986)

Plot- In 1959, during a scramble on a spaceship, an alien releases a canister containing an experiment. The canister falls to earth, landing in the woods near a highway, so Johnny (Ken Heron) temporarily postpones his date with Pam (Alice Cadogan) to investigate the phenomenon. But as Johnny approaches the wreckage, a slug creature from the canister leaps into his mouth.

Meanwhile, Pam sits in Johnny's car on the highway alone. Pam anxiously awaits Johnny's return after listening to an APB about a murderous maniac, who escaped from a local mental institution. The maniac is armed with a bloody axe, and unbeknownst to Pam, the maniac is standing right behind her. Pam's eyes are fixed on the woods, so the maniac uses the axe to murder her.

In 1986, Chris Romero (Jason Lively) is infatuated with Cynthia (or Cindy) Cronenberg (Jill Whitlow), but he's too scared to make a move, so his best friend James Carpenter Hooper (or "J.C.") tries to break the ice for him. Chris is desperate to impress Cynthia, so he decides to join a fraternity with J.C. (Steve Marshall). Unbeknownst to J.C. and Chris, Brad (Allan J. Kayser), the leader of the fraternity, is Cynthia's boyfriend.

Chris and J.C. have to earn their stripes first, so Brad entrusts them with the task of completing a prank for their initiation: Chris and J.C. must steal a cadaver to place on the steps of a nearby sorority house. In the science lab at the university, Chris and J.C. find Johnny's frozen body in a cryogenic tube. They remove the body, but after Johnny shows signs of life, Chris and J.C. run before it's too late, dropping the body.

Eventually, a zombified Johnny infects a scientist from the university with another slug, and things take a turn for the worst, when Johnny visits Cynthia's sorority house. Johnny uses old memories to find Pam, but more slugs burst out of Johnny's immobile corpse at Cynthia's sorority house, sparking an epidemic.

Detective Ray Cameron (Tom Atkins) leads the investigation, but the case stirs up a series of haunting memories involving Pam (his ex-girlfriend), when Ray suspects the escaped maniac as the primary suspect. At first, Ray has trouble making heads or tails of the bizarre occurrences, but seeing is believing, when Ray comes face to face with the resurrected maniac.

Meanwhile, after Brad bullies J.C. and Chris in front of a crowd, a disgusted Cynthia shuns Brad, and Cynthia eventually asks Chris to the formal. On the night of the formal, an infected dog releases more slugs on a bus full of Brad's frat brothers after the dog startles the driver.

Armed with a flamethrower, a shotgun, and Detective Cameron's revolver, Chris, Cynthia, and Detective Cameron team up to stop the invading fraternity of zombies surrounding Cynthia's fraternity house. The trio manages to hold their own in the early stages of the fight, and one glimpse of Pam's photo gives Ray a much needed boost to fight back, but the supply of experimental human brains, and a horde of alien slugs in the basement threatens the group's chances of survival......

My Thoughts- "What is this? A homicide, or a bad B-movie?"

It's a good thing you don't have to wait too long for Tom Atkins' snappy dialogue and catchy one-liners. Ray Cameron is a wisecracking loose-cannon, and the character is a perfect fit for Atkins. Atkins delivers another entertaining and hilarious performance, and Atkins is front and center during the vast majority of highlights in NOTC.

Jason Lively appropriately fills the role of the timid (the look on Lively's face, when Cameron confesses to murdering the maniac is priceless) and likeable protagonist, and Steve Marshall is good for some laughs in the goofy sidekick role. Whitlow is believable as the sweet and innocent dreamgirl, and Allan J. Kayser is a riot as Brad. Brad is the stereotypical "big man on campus," or the fratboy dickhead (blonde hair, he's a cocky jerk, he refers to himself as " The Bradster," he drives a red convertible, complete with a BRADSTER license plate, and his girlfriend is beautiful), but Kayser adds some cheesy charisma to the character for a few funny scenes.

I've probably re-watched Night Of The Creeps two or three times after watching it for the first time, and it's quickly growing on me as one of my favorite cheesy 80's horror B-movies. It's a fun mashup with sci-fi horror, aliens, zombies, and throwing in the axe-wielding maniac is a nice touch. Night Of The Creeps gives horror fans everything they could possibly ask for, with a nice nostalgia buzz, good laughs, and you have to appreciate the attempts to pay homage to the horror genre, including the middle and last names of famous horror filmmakers for the main characters and the university. Tom Atkins yelling and wildly firing his revolver, and the images of Whitlow and Lively standing together, while Whitlow is armed with the flamethrower and Lively is clutching the shotgun during the finale? You're beyond help, if that's not enough to put a smile on your face.

I guess I haven't seen the original ending, because after doing some research, it's clear I've only seen the version with the alternate ending, but after reading a description for the original ending, I think it's safe to say I'm not missing anything special. Thanks for the recommendation and the reminder, X. Definitely adding this one to my collection, when I buy my next round of horror movies.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Undisputed WWE Champion

X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...

Love this film, Tom Atkins best work and that's saying a lot since he's an actual God gifted to us in human form. My favorite way to describe this film is just to ask someone if they want to see Rusty Griswold defend a sorority house from a zombie invasion with a flamethrower and that's usually enough to pique someone's interest.

You covered all the things that make this such enjoyable cheese. I just wanted to agree with them.
Quote:
Old 05-02-2016, 11:14 PM
WWE Champion

Something I forgot to mention is Atkins having a smart ass remark, when someone tries to verify his identity:

"Detective Cameron?"

"No. Bozo The Clown."

Atkins is glorious, and my only regret is waiting so long, and constantly putting Night Of The Creeps on my "I'll watch it later" list.

Night Of The Demons (1988)

Plot- It's Halloween night, and with some help from her best friend, Suzanne (Linnea Quigley), Angela Franklin (Amelia Kinkade) plans to throw an unforgettable Halloween party. Angela wants to terrorize her party guests, so she chooses Hull House, an abandoned funeral home with a dark past, for the party's location.

Judy Cassidy (Cathy Podewell) reluctantly agrees to go to Angela's party after her date for the night convinces her to ditch the Halloween dance at school. Jay Jansen (Lance Fenton) wants Judy all to himself at the party, but Judy is quick to reject Jay's advances. Angela invites Stooge (Hal Havins), Roger (Alvin Alexis), Helen (Allison Barron), Max (Phillip Tanzini), and his girlfriend, Frannie (Jill Terashita) to complete the guest list, and the uninvited Sal Romero (Billy Gallo) crashes the party after bribing Judy's little brother, Billy (Donnie Jeffcoat) for an inside tip.

The friends enjoy some harmless fun with dancing and music, but a power shortage puts a damper on the early stages of the party. The group agrees to a seance for the first party game, but things go awry, when they unknowingly unleash a demon from the crematorium downstairs. The demon possesses Suzanne first, and Suzanne eventually passes the demon to Angela with a kiss.

After a series of strange and bizarre occurrences, a terrified Roger and Helen agree to leave together with Angela's car, but the gate and the entranceway to Hull House mysteriously disappears, as the duo searches for an escape route outside. During the search, Helen suddenly disappears, leaving Roger alone with no help.

Inside Hull House, Angela and Suzanne seduce and possess Stooge and jay, while Judy, Roger, and Sal team up to fight back. The search for an exit is unsuccessful, but the trio has one shot to escape Hull House alive, if they can outlast and dodge the demon attacks until sunrise. Will the remaining survivors escape Hull House alive? Or will Angela and her minions succeed in their quest to possess more victims?

My Thoughts- Hull House is the ideal setting for Night Of The Demons. It's a dirty, rundown hellhole, and they did good job with building up Hull House's dark mystique, as Max tells stories about Mr. Hull sharing a "carnal" relationship with his clients. You also have to appreciate the effort to break Hull House out of the ordinary haunted house mold during the early stages of the movie. When Judy starts asking questions, Angela talks about the differences between a haunted house, ghosts, and Hull House being a possessed house with demons, who are pure evil. Good stuff.

Night Of The Demons definitely features one of Linnea Quigley's more memorable roles and characters. Cathy Podewell nails the sweet and innocent good girl act, Lance Fenton is believable as this tool, who's only interested in cornering Judy for sex, and Billy Gallo, Phillip Tanzini, Alvin Alexis, and Hal Havins are good for some laughs. Amelia Kinkade's dance scene is the highpoint and the main highlight for her performance as Angela, and when Angela finally makes the transition to her full demon form, the ironic and corny one-liners and jokes might pull a few cheap chuckles out of you.

They never released an official soundtrack for Night Of The Demons, because Kevin Tenney (the director) and the powers that be never believed in a truly successful run at the box office, or a strong fan following for the movie. It's a real shame, because Night Of The Demons features one of my favorite soundtracks, including the theme during the gothic style intro, and each song is a perfect fit for the select scenes they're used in throughout the movie:

Night Of The Demons is the quintessential 80's horror film, with some good 80's nostalgia, it's a lot of fun, and NOD is tailor made for horror fans. Nudity (courtesy of Linnea Quigley, Jill Terashita, and Cathy Podewell), a good amount of blood and gore (i.e. Angela using her demon fangs to rip Stooge's tongue out of his mouth during that looooong kiss), a few grotesque images (Angela's mutilated, flaming hands, Max's severed and possessed bloody arm), and a few spooky nighttime scenes inside Hull House and near the wall outside. If you're into campy and cheesy 80's horror comedies, Night Of The Demons should be a top choice on your must-see list.

As usual, Scream Factory delivers with another special edition re-resale. The box cover artwork is simply amazing, the cast/director commentary from Tenney and others is hilarious, and the extras are pretty good, with Amelia Kinkade's one on one interview, the promo reel, and Allison Barron's trip down memory lane.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Undisputed WWE Champion

Another post, another classic slice of 80s horror cheese that I grew up on. I have a fond memory of watching this at a Halloween sleep over party when I was maybe six years old (after we had finished Creepshow and were all subsequently terrified of cockroaches for years to come). As odd and homoerotic as it might sound the main image I remembered was the fat guy mooning people out the window of his car. I saw it again properly years later as a teenager and loved it, the punk rock aesthetic (look at all those amazing hardcore band stickers on their boom box!) the back and forth between goofy and serious tones, Linnea Quigley at her absolute hottest, some decent gore and a killer soundtrack and setting. And that ending! Right out of left fucking field man, but fantastic. Left my pal and I with a big dumb grin on our faces when we saw it. Since then this has become a favorite and a staple with my best friend and I, and we'll usually find the time to throw it on once a year around Halloween and just get obliterated to it like we used to.

And of course, gotta mention Angela's dance scene. Stigmata Martyr by Bauhaus was such a perfect choice and lends this menacing, dark feeling to the whole thing and the way she just twists her body around you really feel like this actress might be possessed. I think that scene may have even been my first introduction to Bauhaus' music, who have become a band I adore in the years since (In the Flat Field is a masterpiece of an album).
Quote:
Old 05-04-2016, 10:19 PM
WWE Champion

Sal's reactions and facial expressions during Angela's dance are just priceless. He's mesmerized and aroused, when Kinkade starts crawling and slamming her hands on the floor, but he quickly does a 180 with the looks of panic and fear on his face, when the stereo turns on by itself, and Angela goes nuts with all the spinning and darting across the floor.

I know The Return Of The Living Dead is a top choice for Quigley's most popular and notable role, but Night Of The Demons is a personal favorite of mine, and Quigley's lipstick tube scene is one of the more memorable highlights in NOD. And the bloody ending is something else, when the miserable and bitter old man gets his comeuppance. Apple pie and razor blades, man. Apple pie and razor blades.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:27 PM
WWE Champion

For anyone, who's interested Scream Factory is releasing a deluxe edition and a collector's edition for The Thing 1982, and they released some early previews for the artwork and the box covers:

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

I'm not sure which one I'll do first, but the Night Of The Demons remake and Night Of The Demons 2 are up next, but I wanted to take a look at a few upcoming horror films that I'm interested in.

Don't Breathe

Release Date: August 26, 2016

Quote:
Rocky, a teenage delinquent living with neglectful parents, promises her younger sister to move away with her. Looking for the right amount of cash to run away with in order to do so, her boyfriend, Money, convinces her to break into the home of a blind man who supposedly has a safe in the basement. Breaking in the middle of the night with her friend Alex, they discover the blind man is really a serial killer with heightened hearing who hunts intruders in his house. After Rocky and Alex outsmart the blind man once he kills Money, the two must navigate themselves out of the locked apartment while being quiet enough to avoid him.
I soured on Evil Dead 2013 a little bit after watching in theaters for the first time, but it's still an impressive debut for Fede Alvarez. Jane Levy is a solid actress. She's capable of holding her own in a leading role, and Don't Breathe has some potential as a claustrophobic horror film, but I have a bad feeling they'll rely on too many jump scares.

The Neon Demon

Release Date: June 24, 2016 (limited)

Quote:
When aspiring model Jesse moves to Los Angeles, her youth and vitality are devoured by a group of beauty-obsessed women who will take any means necessary to get what she has.
A lot of mixed reviews for this one so far, and you get the impression The Neon Demon is one of those psychedelic and ambiguous horror films. I have no doubts The Neon Demon will deliver its fair share of impressive visuals and gruesome gore, but hopefully there's more to Jesse's decent into madness.

Release Date: September 16, 2016 (limited)

Quote:
During Halloween 1976 a group of carnival workers are traveling through the country in an RV, on their way to their next venue. Along the way they're stopped and attacked, with only a handful of them left alive - Charly (Sheri Moon Zombie), Venus (Meg Foster), Panda (Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs), Levon (Kevin Jackson), and Roscoe (Jeff Daniel Phillips). They're taken to a strange, large building, where three strange people wearing aristocratic wigs and powder force them to play "31". For the next 12 hours they must wander through a maze-like set of rooms where they must survive attempts by several people intent on torturing and murdering them. If they survive the full 12 hours they will be set free, although their captors freely express their disbelief that the captives will survive that long.
Rob Zombie is a talented director, and I always respect and admire his passion for the horror genre, but he needs someone to write screenplays for him. A good trailer for 31, but at the same time it looks the same old routine for Zombie, and it's hard to ignore the similarities to House Of 1,000 Corpses. To add to that, Zombie having to resort to crowdfunding for this one is not a good sign.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

What is a thread featuring so bad they're good horror movies without a classic Clint Howard flick? A pretty bad ass thread, but Clint Howard is still awesome.

Back in the 1980s, when the very mention of *gasp* SATAN would make people huddle into the holiest corner of their homes and recite Bible verses until a priest permits them to move again of their own free will, a movie called "Evilspeak" came out to mock the religious frenzy that was at the top of most people's priority listing.

Clint Howard plays a teenager who turns to Satan as a means of dealing with the stress of military school. It stars Lenny Montana, who's more commonly recognized as that nervous enforcer from The Godfather and less commonly recognized as a former NWA Texas tag team champion with Gene Kiniski. It also stars Richard Moll as the evil Satanic guy from the intro, who would later go on to play the loveable hulking dim-wit Bull in Night Court.

Don't enjoy this one too much:

Old 06-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'm making a quick post here because I want to add a horror movie to this record that I feel has gone criminally overlooked since it was released. It received so-so reviews on its release, but I promise that it is one of the most thrilling movies you'll ever see.

There was a movie released in Spain in 2011 called "Secuestrados" or Kidnapped. It's a movie about a home invasion, where by the rules of movies things would eventually get way out of hand. Some lines that other movies won't cross are surpassed very sadistically in this film, but thankfully this movie doesn't promote itself solely on the brutality of its content.

The actors in this film perform brilliantly, they are so amazing that you would swear at times that you're watching a go-pro account of a real life ordeal. One scene in particular, where the daughter finally gets the better of one of the home invaders, is jaw-dropping in its realism. I could piece together in my mind how they'd pull of the scene, but even then I had to consider that most of this film is continuous shots that extend over extremely long periods of time. The actors had to be pumped for insanely tense scenes while they were acting out the more placid eye of the hurricane scenes.

The trailer to one of my absolute favorite movies of all time: