WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Just read something on the Super Mario series of Amiibos that caught my attention. The Super Mario Amiibo series are apparently still going to be compatible with Smash Bros. Bowser, Luigi, Mario, Peach, and Yoshi will now have more than one Amiibo that can be used. It will be interesting to see the differences between a Smash Bros series Bowser Amiibo and a Super Mario series Bowser Amiibo, for instance. Gold Mario is supposedly compatible as well. I'm wondering how that would work. New Mario outfit? That makes three different Mario's potentially. All compatible with Smash Bros.

Trivial note: Toad (Super Mario series) is so far the ONLY Amiibo that is not compatible with Smash Bros. I'm sure the Smash Bros development staff is now wishing they had added Toad as a playable character back when they had the chance.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:13 PM
WZCW's EurAsian champion (Still)
World Heavyweight Champion

Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...

Yeah it was a strange decision not to put him in. Not Toad per se but Captain Toad. I'm hoping to get two Toad Amiibo's to customise one to a Cpt. Toad one.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:08 PM

Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...

Kiiiiiiiiing Dedede!
Click for Spoiler:

My 27th out of the current 29 released. Whilst Pit and Bowser are still my favourite Dedede is up there. The size and weight is great (not quite as big as Bowser) whilst the paint job is fantastic. The trim on the robe makes it look snowlike, it's great.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:08 PM

So it seems like Wave 4 of Smash has been put back in Europe until April.

As disappointing as it is, it's better money wise for me. It also gives me a month to try and find preorders for Ness, Lucina and Robin.

In other news the Mario line up is on its way, I should have that by Friday. Shame I can't find a spare Toad anywhere.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
So it seems like Wave 4 of Smash has been put back in Europe until April.

As disappointing as it is, it's better money wise for me. It also gives me a month to try and find preorders for Ness, Lucina and Robin.

In other news the Mario line up is on its way, I should have that by Friday. Shame I can't find a spare Toad anywhere.
The only Mario lineup one I'm interested in is Gold Mario but it's another exclusive here in the states. I'm undecided on whether I want to go through that again after how difficult it was to get Rosalina. I'll have to decide within the next 24 hours given how fast it will sell out. Robin and Ness are at the very top of my priority list for purchasing Wave 4 Amiibos. "Spring 2015" is all I can find anywhere on release dates which is frustrating. Something more specific would be nice. Either way.... I'm getting both. Gold Mario may end up having to be through Amazon if I don't attend the release at the local Walmart.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2015, 11:05 PM

I'm sure I read wave 4 would be April for NA. Was only last week I saw that so you may have missed the date.

The gold Mario has not been announced for Europe yet, which sucks.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:48 PM

New Amiibo day.

Toad:
Click for Spoiler:

I quite like the Toad Amiibo, he's rather happy and cute. Fits well with the Mario Party games. I am buying another two to make Cpt Toad and Toadette.

Luigi:
Click for Spoiler:

The difference isn't noticeable in the picture (aside from obvious pose differences) but the MP has the better face than Smash Luigi. It has more details on it. Strangely though the bottom of the Smash one is better because it has darker shoes and the buttons are brass coloured rather than yellow.

Yoshi:

Click for Spoiler:

I think they may have got the MP and Smash ones the wrong way. Yoshi in the MP one looks more like he's up for a fight, whilst Smash Yoshi is very jovial.

Bowser
Click for Spoiler:

I can't pick which one I prefer, both are pretty good. The weight and size works well in addition to the colours being darker on Smash Bowser.

Peach and Mario still to come, I'll do a comparison when I get them.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
New Amiibo day.

Toad:
Click for Spoiler:

I quite like the Toad Amiibo, he's rather happy and cute. Fits well with the Mario Party games. I am buying another two to make Cpt Toad and Toadette.

Luigi:
Click for Spoiler:

The difference isn't noticeable in the picture (aside from obvious pose differences) but the MP has the better face than Smash Luigi. It has more details on it. Strangely though the bottom of the Smash one is better because it has darker shoes and the buttons are brass coloured rather than yellow.

Yoshi:

Click for Spoiler:

I think they may have got the MP and Smash ones the wrong way. Yoshi in the MP one looks more like he's up for a fight, whilst Smash Yoshi is very jovial.

Bowser
Click for Spoiler:

I can't pick which one I prefer, both are pretty good. The weight and size works well in addition to the colours being darker on Smash Bowser.

Peach and Mario still to come, I'll do a comparison when I get them.

I like the Mario series Luigi a lot more than the Smash series Luigi. Bowser also looks really cool. Looking forward to seeing you make the same comparison for Peach and Mario. I wonder what happens when someone tries to import Toad into Smash Bros since he is the only Amiibo that is not compatible. Some strange warning message probably pops up. Did you try yet? What about seeing if anything different happens for Bowser and the others who now have two?

I ended up deciding against attending the Gold Mario release. I happened to be at Walmart needing to get groceries at 6PM that day so I went to electronics to check out the line. Sure enough, there were already 4 people in line. It was a work night and I didn't feel it was worth sitting there 6 hours for. I could have gotten one had I sat down there in the line at that exact moment and not gone anywhere until midnight, according to a friend of mine they sold out in 5 minutes. You have to make that decision sometimes on if you want something THAT badly or not. Had it been Rosalina instead, I'd have considered it. As cool as Gold Mario looks, it wasn't worth it. I'll get one but by buying one through Amazon. Robin and Ness still come up as "Spring 2015" here so I'll ask my local Game Stop about it sometime this week.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2015, 07:38 PM

I've not tried them yet, I'll try Toad tomorrow as I'll be opening the box for him.

I still don't know if they're releasing Gold Mario in the UK or not. If not I'll buy one from eBay but if they are I'll just wait.

If you see the Luigi up close the dungaree detail is much better on the smash one but it looks better overall on Mario Party.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:11 AM
Wrestlezone.com
WCW TV Champion

The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...

I was a little disappointed that Amiibo can only hold data for one game. I understand the limitation - you're only paying $10-13 per figure after all - but it's still disappointing.

Honestly the exclusivity and the lack of stock was a big turn-off for me. If Nintendo made a certain amount expecting X sales, and they over-performed, fine. But the way it came off was they (and retailers) were intentionally making certain ones limited and rare. Sort of the same issue I had with the New 3DS XL variants. I understand that limiting the market spikes sales and drives up the independent market, but it's just...frustrating.

I just want to buy your cool products guys... please let me? When I've got to fight scalpers and stand in the cold for midnight releases, and there's still a chance I can't get your extremely limited cool things, it makes me not want to get them as much. Sometimes I felt like I was fighting Nintendo to allow me to buy their awesome toys and systems.

I've sort of cooled off on it. I've been playing Smash for as long as I can remember, but my housemate went to video game school and is so much better than me. He actually went to Apex; didn't survive past the first few rounds, but he went and did OK. He's a hardcore Mega Man enthusiast, which is awesome, so I thought about picking up a Mega Amiibo, having him train it up for me, and then using it as a practice tool for getting better.