WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default Amiibo

Amiibos are figurines that store data, designed for use with various games for the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. They resemble the figurines of the Skylander and Disney Infinity series. How they work is that they use Near Field Communication to interact with the console, allowing you to do cool things such as unlocking outfits for your Mii character in Mario Kart and training a Figure Player in Smash Bros to compete with/against humans or other figures. Some only work with some games. Pikachu, for example, is not compatible with Mario Kart while others like Mario or Luigi are. Every Amiibo works with Smash Bros. Check to see which games it can be use with to prevent confusion.

Here are a list of the games currently compatible with Amiibos:

Wii U
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Party 10
Star Fox for Wii U

Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros Nintendo 3DS
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus
One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X

Also, here is a list of the current Amiibos as well as those with upcoming releases:

Mario
Nov 21, 2014

Peach from Mario
Nov 21, 2014

Yoshi from Mario
Nov 21, 2014

Donkey Kong
Nov 21, 2014

Link from Zelda
Nov 21, 2014

Fox from Star Fox
Nov 21, 2014

Samus Aran from Metroid
Nov 21, 2014

Wii Fit Trainer from Wii Fit
Nov 21, 2014

Villager from Animal Crossing
Nov 21, 2014

Pikachu from Pokémon
Nov 21, 2014

Kirby
Nov 21, 2014

Marth from Fire Emblem
Nov 21, 2014

Zelda
Dec 14, 2014

Diddy Kong from Donkey Kong
Dec 14, 2014

Luigi from Mario
Dec 14, 2014

Little Mac from Punch-Out!!
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Falcon from F-Zero
Dec 14, 2014

Pit from Kid Icarus
Dec 14, 2014

Rosalina and Luma from Super Mario Galaxy
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US: Target exclusive

Bowser from Mario
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US

Lucario from Pokémon
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US: Toys R Us exclusive

Toon Link from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US

Sheik from Zelda
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US

King Dedede from Kirby
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US

Meta Knight from Kirby
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US: Best Buy exclusive

Ike from Fire Emblem
Jan 22, 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US

Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles
Feb 2015 JP
Feb 2015 US: Gamestop and EB Games exclusive

Sonic the Hedgehog
Feb 2015

Mega Man
Feb 2015

What are your thoughts on Amiibos and the technology behind how they work?

Are there any in particular that you are on the lookout for?

Are you training one or more in Smash Bros? Tell us about it. Share some stories of cool battles your Figure Player may have had at this point if you have any.

I personally think it's a really awesome technology. To be able to train a figurine to its 50th level in Smash Bros and see it defeat all your friends as well as their own figurines is fun. Then there's the potential for Amiibo Figure Player tag teams, and more. There's so much that they can learn. I have a Link named Theron and a Peach named Kirilah (WZCW will get the reference) who have both reached level 50 in Smash Bros. I also have a Luigi who is currently training. I'm looking to get Rosalina for certain when she is released, I already have a name (Kaleesta) and Smash Bros in-game gear planned for her. I'm leaning toward either Bowser or Lucario as well.

How about you? Any thoughts on topic within the forum's rules on the subject of Amiibos are welcome. I can't want to see your responses.

Discuss!

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

My first question is how hard is it to train yourself up to level 50? Because otherwise, this sounds like a very easy way to beat your friends without having to get that good yourself. I'm not wild on the idea of beefing up a computer to be able to defeat someone. Unless I'm misunderstanding it, are these things basically saying "My computer can beat up your computer?" Back in my day we made our own characters and built them up so we could battle against each other, not against the pre-made characters controlled by a computer to make them level up faster. I don't get the appeal here, especially if they're characters you already have for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:06 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
My first question is how hard is it to train yourself up to level 50? Because otherwise, this sounds like a very easy way to beat your friends without having to get that good yourself.
Your characters don't level up. Computer characters can be set from level 1 to level 9, with 9 being the most intelligent and 1 being the least. The amiibo Figure Players level up because of the data that the figurine stores, thus it gets smarter. I don't see it as an easy way to beat your friends. It's a way to challenge them and help them also improve, if the Figure Player ends up being difficult to defeat when it becomes level 50. It doesn't take too long to get them to level 50. I got Link and Peach there in a week, Luigi would be there now too but I held off on it due to an idea I have for him later down the line.

Quote:
I'm not wild on the idea of beefing up a computer to be able to defeat someone. Unless I'm misunderstanding it, are these things basically saying "My computer can beat up your computer?"
Yeah, kind of. Getting together to see if your amiibo can beat others' is common in all of the local Smash Bros groups I've played with. As is entering the amiibos into single elimination tournaments, where they often end up facing human controlled characters. A human has won each of these tournaments, but the amiibos keep learning from the humans they face as well as computers and other Figure Players they face. I felt the same way as you at first, I'd rather win by myself and saw the amiibo thing as just a novelty. When it comes down to it, they still are. I do both. I win on my own, but also like to see how people do against my Link or my Peach. They learn more each time, so it's win/win really.

Quote:
Back in my day we made our own characters and built them up so we could battle against each other, not against the pre-made characters controlled by a computer to make them level up faster. I don't get the appeal here, especially if they're characters you already have for the most part.
See, this is where it gets cool. A level 50 Figure Player Pikachu is VASTLY different from a level 9 computer controlled Pikachu. The Figure Player's skills in battle depend on what the figurine has stored in the matches you scanned it in for. No two amiibos are ever the same, whereas a level 9 Ness is always going to be a level 9 Ness no matter who's copy of the game you play, for example. They are completely optional and simply icing on the cake, but add to the overall enjoyment and provide you with cool extra stuff in other games or someone else to fight in Smash Bros.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2015, 01:54 PM
WZCW's EurAsian champion (Still)
World Heavyweight Champion

Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...

I'm pretty addicted to Amiibo. I have 17 of the 18 wave 1 and 2 and for 3 and 4 I have them all preordered.

All of them are still in boxes as I want to decide what to do with them. I like some of the figures way more than the others and I think the Pit figure looks great.

I can't wait to see Mr. Game and Watch Amiibo!
Dave also did my sig.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Rosalina has joined my amiibo collection. My others are Link, Peach, and Luigi. Bowser will be my next one. Rosalina being Target Exclusive here made her much more difficult to get, and I almost missed out on the opportunity because the people at the local store gave me the wrong release date. Still lucked out and was able to purchase one. She's compatible with Smash Bros and Mario Party 10. I was hoping she'd be able to be used in Mario Kart for another unlockable Mii costume, but oh well. Can't wait to get her to level 50 in Smash Bros!

Wave 4 has also been announced for later this year. Here are the scheduled releases....

Charizard
Lucina
Ness
Pac-Man
Robin
Wario

Any thoughts on the potential newcomers? Robin amiibos are going to be absolutely lethal in Smash Bros. I want both Robin and Ness once these get released.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2015, 05:25 PM

Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...

Pre orders are already sold out of wave 4 and it pisses me off.

How the hell did you get Rosalina. One of two I'm missing from the first 25.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Pre orders are already sold out of wave 4 and it pisses me off.

How the hell did you get Rosalina. One of two I'm missing from the first 25.
I know that she was a Target Exclusive here in the US, so she's nearly impossible to find at the moment, the store here in town sold out the very same day she got released. The fact that I got one despite being given the wrong release date was a miracle. Was she an exclusive in the UK too? You might have to try online if she's as rare there as here.

Quote:
Old 02-08-2015, 05:08 AM
Eyes will open

blindman is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Skype™ to blindman

Damn Nintendo making me wanna spend money with nice art style and not broken AAA games.

Seriously those I want these things but can't decide If a wanna get a New 3DS XL after I foolishly bought only downloadable games (didn't know buying the physical game didn't use up any SD space) on my old one.

Maybe I'll finally cave in and get a Wii U, does it have all the apps the PS4 has?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
I know that she was a Target Exclusive here in the US, so she's nearly impossible to find at the moment, the store here in town sold out the very same day she got released. The fact that I got one despite being given the wrong release date was a miracle. Was she an exclusive in the UK too? You might have to try online if she's as rare there as here.
Not an exclusive just people bought the preorders up quickly. Her Shulk, Meta Knight and King DeDeDe will be eBay jobs.

Charizard, Wario and PacMan have been put back I think. They're wave 4 and got them on preorder. Lucina, Robin and Ness will be eBay jobs too.

Tomorrow Wii Fit trainer arrives and today I got Sonic and Mega Man.

I've also got the full Mario collection on preorder. I may buy another Toad one to customise as Captain Toad.

Gold Mario does not have a release date in the UK yet.
Dave also did my sig.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:42 AM

Today I FINALLY got WiiFit trainer. In addition I had to resort to eBay for Meta Knight. Rosalina, Dedede and Shulk left before wave 4 comes out.

The Meta Knight Amiibo is strange. It has some good detail but it's clearly obvious it's hand painted. Thought it was interesting.
Dave also did my sig.