WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 AM

baken1942 sold out
Default [OFFICIAL] Global Force Wrestling; Jeff Jarrett's New Promotion

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/7/558...promotion-logo

Here is an article but he also just sent out a tweet with this information.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'm most excited to see what this roster actually looks like, and who he's able to convince to jump on board early. One of the biggest benefits he had to the start of TNA was a slew of ex-WCW talent who were ripe for the picking. Well, maybe not ripe in the sense of still being spring chickens, but ripe in the sense that they still had a lot of relevant power in the industry at the time and sure seemed pretty excited to be joining a venture like NWA-TNA.

If GFW can do the same, probably picking up some of the dejected ex-TNA talents and select ex-WWE to go with a new group of unknowns, he can probably begin to get the ball rolling much as he did early on with TNA.

Color me intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

Can't say that there's enough info on it to be interested or not as of yet. My initial gut feeling is that I'm not too confident in Jeff Jarrett's ability to run a successful promotion. While he was co-founder of TNA with his father, Jerry Jarrett, it would've gone under had they not sold the controlling interest of the company to Bob Carter.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-07-2014, 12:46 PM

Schuyler is looking to come up from OCW...

Bad logo and bad website, real nice start, like everyone, lets just hope it does not suck and it as some good wrestling and talent.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:57 PM
WWE Women's Champion

JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't associate too many positive thoughts with Jeff Jarrett. I wasn't impressed with him as wrestler, and from what I saw, I wasn't impressed with him as a booker or promoter. He seems to be just as big a drama queen as any other personality in wrestling.

That said, I would love to be proved wrong, and see him succeed as competition is always good.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Unregistered User
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...

Like the old school 80s/90s "futuristic" (or what they thought the future would look like) theme.

Hope they use relatively unknown talent, outside of Lesnar, Cena, Punk and Bryan (and I don't see them landing anybody out of that four), nobody is really gonna draw enough interest to warrant a big contract. Not to mention, most guys will carry that "I Couldn't Make It In WWE/TNA stench". I'd rather see all new guys over Elijah Burke and Desmond Wolfe. One of TNA's biggest problems now is trying to piggyback off of already established talent instead of creating stars.

In fact, it's better to have unknown talent that has been through different indy feds, different territories and different international companies. It's how we got the charismatic talent of the 80s/90s vs. the bodybuilders and ex footballers that had a look and were thrust into the Create A Wrestler machine in New York.

Jarrett has never been an exceptional booker, so I don't know what to expect with that.

Overall, I'm curious and even excited. TNA, WWE, AAA and GFW will all be on television weekly by next January. That's gonna bring the quality of all promotions up.

Last edited by Barack Lesnar : 04-07-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM

BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...

This could go well, there are enough talents floating around that could start the company off on good footing. However, I fear the same old "bring in lots of names people recognize" will be used and will hurt the company overall. I hope they use the ECW method: find one or two established talents who are willing to give their all to get the product over and don't bother with anyone else.

Naturally a newly debuting organization needs a good roster and some "big names" to help establish the product. Except, most stars with big drawing power are either too old to put on a respectable match, only out to make themselves look good at the expense of the show, or already wrapped up by WWE. Jeff Jarrett may have to get over an entire roster of talent on his own...and doing so by breaking from the endless title reign method from WCW and TNA. Jarrett would be better off putting someone over right off the bat and making a new star rather than overcrowding the top of the card with wrestlers who are well past their prime.

Here are a few of my suggestions (which I realize are meaningless but I couldn't help myself):

- Chris Hero (solid independent worker who already has a following and isn't known to be a WWE or TNA guy)

- AJ Styles (former "face of TNA", can still go under the right circumstances, don't even bother with storylines, just set up big matches for him to be a part of, would bring in a chunk of TNA's audience which is a great place to start from)

- Anthony Nese (a modern day Dean Malenko, he won't be a top star but he could help make some top stars)

- Johnny Gargano (top independent underdog who has never gotten a shot on a big stage, he would be a completely fresh face to many and could solidify the midcard with a chance of bumping up if he catches on)

- Delirious (well known, respected, and unique, he wouldn't be a person to saddle the future of the company on but he could easily be an attraction)

- Masada (leave the CZW hijinx in the past, bring him in to act as a style contrast to the rest of the show, he doesn't have to be good, he just needs to be credible enhancement talent)

- Kyle O'Reilly (star potential, relative unknown outside of ROH, young and impressive, exactly the kind of talent a new promotion can use)

- Colt Cabana (one of the top names and businessmen on the independent market, a great addition to any new federation)

- Maybe work an angle where a promising young guy (Gargano?) tries to get a match with a Japanese legend (someone like Minoru Suzuki would be perfect)

- Work out a few one offs to show a more serious view of women by using well established Shimmer talents (MsChif, Cheerleader Melissa, Kong, etc...) in singles matches

The possibilities are quite exciting!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 AM

Skyeborne is looking to come up from OCW...Skyeborne is looking to come up from OCW...Skyeborne is looking to come up from OCW...Skyeborne is looking to come up from OCW...Skyeborne is looking to come up from OCW...

I can't say that I am not looking forward to it. I don't want to make too many judgements until I have actually seen the product. Before, however, I really hope Jarrett doesn't plan on booking himself to become the main champion again. If he wants to be the number two wrestling organization he is going to have to step aside and hire professionals to take care of the on-air part of the company.

The fan interaction has me skeptical, mainly because there isn't really anymore on what it means. There are a lot of dumb people in this fandom and leaving the business up the fans says failure to me. At the same time, I think it could be a Cyber Sunday like business where fans chose opponents, stipulations, and other things like how WWE does sometimes.

There is a lot to look forward to, and there is a lot that scares me.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM

Caldwell205 is looking to come up from OCW...

I am very interested in seeing what they accomplish. ROH breeds Champions, Global Force could also be that type of organization.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Lance Hoyt, Elijah Burke Joining Jarrett's GFW?

Also here, for link verification.

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/453295893211394049

--

Hoyt has also been tweeting and re-tweeting GFW plugs, and has a long history of working with Jarrett back to the early years of TNA. Burke less of a history, but it certainly makes sense for Jarrett to go back to the well of bringing over what ex-NWA/TNA performers he can, who want to be part of a start-up again.

I'd imagine we see quite a few more heading over maybe Sabin, Styles and/or Bad Influence depending on what happens contractually there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.