WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Former WZCW Tag Team Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Tye Dillinger - WWE Champion

I'll pre-text this by saying I'm a Tye Dillinger mark. I love the guy so my opinion will be biased.

The question I have is, with Smackdown Live being the 'land of opportunity', with Dillinger's popularity and Vince's lack of handle on the Smackdown brand, could there be a point in the near future where he get's the WWE title put on him?

I know that he should probably be given a midcard title first, but looking to the future could he be in with a shout?

If not, what could be done to better place him in a position where he would be ready for a world title run?
Old 07-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think that if Jinder Mahal has a chance at being WWE Champion, then anything is possible. Of course, there may be more of a business incentive for WWE to want Mahal as their champion at a time where they are raising their stock in India, but if at the end of Mahal's reign, the company and fans alike can call it a success, there's no reason why other surprising names aren't in with a shot. Tye Dillinger is one of those surprising names I think.

BUT, I don't think it's going to happen. Tye is a fantastic talent and I really enjoy watching him perform. He has the backing of every audience he performs in front of and uses that to his advantage. But so do other guys on SmackDown. I would like to think that AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura and others are ahead in the line of future champions. Other upcoming talent like Baron Corbin and Rusev likely have more of a chance because they've had that spot and been ready in waiting for a while now. And that is without consider guys like John Cena or Randy Orton who may still get another chance, nor does it include Raw guys like Finn Balor, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins among others who could one day be on SmackDown and be in line that for that world title, and future NXT call ups like Bobby Roode or Drew McIntyre. Unfortunately for Tye, the roster is pretty full and the chances of him ascending to the top are slim. And while I know age isn't everything and hardly means anything at times, Tye is 36-years-old and doesn't have a stable place on a stacked card right now. I know Jinder was in that spot too, but another recurrence of that sort of title switch any time soon is probably slim.

It is by no means a bad thing though. Tye, like I said, lights up a crowd in a way that many guys can't do. He has a very simple catch phrase that works well with live audiences and he harnesses that quite effectively. A steady push in the mid card with a future Intercontinental or United States Championship title reign would certainly work. Some talent really thrive in that mid card. Look at The Miz. But he has to get there and again, I think there is a lot of talent that are also ahead in that challenge, such as Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, or even (Heaven forbid) Mojo Rawley. It's definitely not out of the question, but it's busy on SmackDown. If, and it really is an if, Tye gets the chance he deserves to be that mid card champion or challenger, then I think you would then have to evaluate how successful that run was and take it from there. As much as I am a fan of Jinder as champion, it was random and not necessarily built in the most appropriate way. Some guys should climb the ladder and I think Tye is that sort of guy.

I love Tye. I really do. It's a shame that he isn't getting as many chances on television as he perhaps deserves. I'm confident that he is a future champion of some sort in WWE, but honestly I don't see it being a world title.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

He can't even get on Smackdown each week, not even to job to somebody.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:09 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I wouldn't hold my breath on Dillinger being WWE Champion. Not saying that it can't happen given that Jinder Mahal came out of practically nowhere to win the title a few months ago. However, a extreme push like we've seen with Jinder doesn't happen very often at all; it's hard to think of someone who was so low on the totem pole that shot up as quickly as he did.

I like Dillinger okay but my gut tells me that he's destined for more of a Zack Ryder type of career path than being a main eventer. I could see him with a tag title run here and there, maybe even a US or IC title run but it's just hard for me to picture him as WWE Champion at this point in time when you take into account his career path and the competition. Dillinger spent the better part of 4 years in developmental before hitting the main roster and he never remotely came close to rising above the level of a mid-card guy in NXT and there are a lot of guys on the main roster and NXT who just have far, far more buzz about them than he ever has. Not counting guys like Orton and Cena, you've got AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and a few others who're either viable challengers or could easily be made into viable challengers. Plus, depending upon whenever another draft takes place, the title could go to Raw or guys who're currently on Raw could wind up on SmackDown like Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman, either of the Hardy Boyz, the Miz, Neville. There are guys who could be called up to the main roster from NXT like Bobby Roode, Hideo Itami, Kassius Ohno, Roderick Strong, Drew McIntyre, Aleister Black and maybe one or two others. Any or all of those men I just named are bigger stars, have a lot more going for them in terms of buzz and/or are guys that, in my opinion, more people would be interested in seeing become WWE Champion ahead of Tye Dillinger.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Tye Dillinger is a nobody. He'll never be US Champion, nevermind WWE.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:44 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebites View Post
Tye Dillinger is a nobody. He'll never be US Champion, nevermind WWE.

He's a nobody? A nobody who has multiple good matches. Something that WWE Champion hasn't. A nobody who's very over. A nobody who has actually paid the dues. A nobody who's actually talented. Thanks for telling that Tye Dillinger is a nobody. But it's wrong.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Ki View Post
I'll pre-text this by saying I'm a Tye Dillinger mark. I love the guy so my opinion will be biased.

The question I have is, with Smackdown Live being the 'land of opportunity', with Dillinger's popularity and Vince's lack of handle on the Smackdown brand, could there be a point in the near future where he get's the WWE title put on him?

I know that he should probably be given a midcard title first, but looking to the future could he be in with a shout?

If not, what could be done to better place him in a position where he would be ready for a world title run?
I love Tye Dillinger as well.

I would say that he shouldn't become World Champion like Jinder did. Build him up gradually. Midcard title. Give him chances to showcase his talent. Like NXT did. Then see if his performance is worth a world title shot.

Don't get me wrong. I love him. I'll love him as World Champion. But I won't want to ruin the product on his expense. So logical and strong booking & storytelling and I've no problem with Tye Dillinger as the World Champion. It would be Perfect 10.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Dillinger is a novelty act. Nothing more, nothing less. I like him, but his gimmick is the number ten. He isn't even really over, the number ten is over. He isn't bad in the ring, but he doesn't bring anything special to the table. There is a reason he is almost 40 and just made his main roster debut. He had multiple stints in development, and never caught on because he wasn't special and he still isn't.

He had a couple solid matches in NXT, but it was always with a superior dance partner. He cut a few okay promos down in Orlando, but most were during his feud with Sanity which was pretty drawn out. Has he ever won a feud? Has Dillinger ever actually had a big win? Has he ever had a win that wasn't over a glorified jobber?

Dillinger got over with a smarky crowd because he had a catchy gimmick that was goofy.

Plus, fuck him for making crowds yell ten each time a ref tries to count someone out.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Bald Billy was Better
WWE Diva's Champion

Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...

Tye is one of the five worst members of the active roster. Blah look, blah talker, blah in the ring. The 10 thing is stupid as hell. Heath Slater dwarfs him in every way, and that's no good. Tye is a less good version of Aaron Stevens. He'd fail even more miserably than he is now without the WWE machine.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbfantomas View Post
Tye is one of the five worst members of the active roster.

I don't know if I should laugh at this wrong claim or not. Worst is something else. Someone who has actually performed well doesn't count in "worst".

Quote:
Blah look
I find him good-looking.

Quote:
blah talker
Really? Blah talker will never cut a good promo. Tye has. Something WWE Champion hasn't.

Quote:
blah in the ring.
Blah in the ring won't be having a good match ever. Tye has. Multiple. Something Jinder Mahal hasn't.

Quote:
The 10 thing is stupid as hell.
Tye Dillinger being over is stupid.

Quote:
Heath Slater dwarfs him in every way,
Yet to see a good match from Heath Slater. Or WWE Champion Jinder Mahal.

Quote:
and that's no good.
Tye is actually better than WWE Champion.

Quote:
Tye is a less good version of Aaron Stevens.
Aha. I don't remember people chanting for Stevens when he wasn't even present. I do for Tye Dillinger though.

Quote:
He'd fail even more miserably than he is now without the WWE machine.
And that's why he's still hired by WWE.