WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Future Endeavored

Rollins_The_Future is looking to come up from OCW...

How does this WWE network work?

I really didn't understand anything about it.

Is it a channel or something or just on the internet?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Knockout Champion

JoeFromTomsRiver is looking to come up from OCW...JoeFromTomsRiver is looking to come up from OCW...JoeFromTomsRiver is looking to come up from OCW...JoeFromTomsRiver is looking to come up from OCW...JoeFromTomsRiver is looking to come up from OCW...JoeFromTomsRiver is looking to come up from OCW...JoeFromTomsRiver is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Aid Man View Post
Does the network give you access to the entire library of the WWE to include ECW, WCW, and AWA? For instance could you watch whatever you want when you want or is it more or less whatever it is they have programmed for that time?
You have access to their "entire" library. "Entire" meaning what they want to put out there. But you can watch what is there at any time, its not like "Wednesday is ECW day and Thursday is WCW day".

You are on an Internet Wrestling Community message board. So you are part of the IWC.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM

strangephish is looking to come up from OCW...

People that were asking about being billed $60 every six months, I got the follow right from the FAQ for the WWE Network

9. How and when will I be billed for WWE Network?
You will automatically be billed $9.99 every month (plus tax where applicable). The charge will show up on your bill as “WWE Network Subscription.”

Looks like it's only going to be the $9.99 a month but I'm guessing if you bow out before the 6 months you will be billed for the remaining months
Old 02-17-2014, 01:11 PM

rtking10 is looking to come up from OCW...

My understanding was that it was $9.99 a month, but you had to sign up for 6 months. Meaning, you can't just add the Network so you can watch Wrestlemania for $9.99 and then get rid of the service. You will have to add your credit card, and then each month for 6 months you will be charged $9.99. After that 6 month period you can choose to renew it or not. That's the way I interpreted it.

2. How much will a subscription to WWE Network cost?
A monthly subscription to WWE Network is $9.99 per month (plus tax where applicable) with a 6-month commitment.

You will automatically be billed $9.99 every month (plus tax where applicable). The charge will show up on your bill as “WWE Network Subscription.”

http://www.wwe.com/help
Old 02-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Future Endeavored

Slbrey is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromTomsRiver View Post
You have access to their "entire" library. "Entire" meaning what they want to put out there. But you can watch what is there at any time, its not like "Wednesday is ECW day and Thursday is WCW day".
As far as complete collections they will have every PPV from wwe ECW and WCW

As for weekly tv shows they will have a collection of old raw smackdown WCW and ECW shows uncensored...I think eventually they will get the full library up on the network but for right now it won't be complete.

People keep assuming WWE is gonna jack the price up eventually but I don't think they will...out of the 59.99 they charged for a single PPV they only actually got to see about 10 dollars out of it anyway so they technically arnt taking a hit here infact people who never purchased a PPV before are more inclined to purchase this now so this could potentially bring in more profits then a traditional PPV did.

I said this before and I'll say it again I very well can see TNA (if they even stay in buisness) and ROH working out a partnership with WWE to get content on the network...eventually we could see WWE not only creating there own sports entertainment product but also publishing all wrestling we see....they could be the ABC of all things wrestling.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking10 View Post
My understanding was that it was $9.99 a month, but you had to sign up for 6 months. Meaning, you can't just add the Network so you can watch Wrestlemania for $9.99 and then get rid of the service. You will have to add your credit card, and then each month for 6 months you will be charged $9.99. After that 6 month period you can choose to renew it or not. That's the way I interpreted it.

A monthly subscription to WWE Network is $9.99 per month (plus tax where applicable) with a 6-month commitment.

http://www.wwe.com/help
So what happens when you watch WM30 and then cancel the credit card?

It's almost like they are saying yeah we'll whack you $60 so you can't do this, but they aren't coming out and completely saying it neither because a 6-month commitment of $9.99 compared to an initial payment of $60 doesn't sound as bad.

Last edited by closet_fan : 02-17-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:44 PM

Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...

So pretty much if you plan on watching WrestleMania with your buddies at your place, order the Network. Worst case scenario, you get 6 months of the Network (with PPVs), and you cancel after the 6 months is up. Chances are your buddies will chip in for the PPV anyways, so it will end up being less than $60 for you anyways. If you're skeptical, wait and see how it pans out. I won't be getting the Network because if there's something specific I want to watch, I'll find it on YouTube for free.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:04 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamala316 View Post
So pretty much if you plan on watching WrestleMania with your buddies at your place, order the Network. Worst case scenario, you get 6 months of the Network (with PPVs), and you cancel after the 6 months is up. Chances are your buddies will chip in for the PPV anyways, so it will end up being less than $60 for you anyways. If you're skeptical, wait and see how it pans out. I won't be getting the Network because if there's something specific I want to watch, I'll find it on YouTube for free.
I'm going to be getting it regardless, but it is pretty cool that they give you the opportunity to share it with a friend. IF I did it that way, I'd use my debit card. I don't use credit cards anymore. So he'd just give me a check after so many months.

Shit like this might not bother some people who are dead set on getting it, but it's something to think about for those still on the fence.

Kamala, I had considered going the route you are. I doubt they can filter EVERYTHING off of YT. Plus if they do, you know stuff will pop up from another user.

One of the things I like about the Network, however, is being able to watch PPVs on my tablet. I'm disabled so I can't sit up until 11 to watch any of them, so laying down and being able to do so is pretty big.

I use a site to watch a live feed and another to watch a PPV the next day, but both are pretty worthless outside a laptop.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:06 PM

Animeboy010 is looking to come up from OCW...

[quote=rtking10;4775675]My understanding was that it was $9.99 a month, but you had to sign up for 6 months. Meaning, you can't just add the Network so you can watch Wrestlemania for $9.99 and then get rid of the service. You will have to add your credit card, and then each month for 6 months you will be charged $9.99. After that 6 month period you can choose to renew it or not. That's the way I interpreted it.

^^This , That's how everyone interpreted it including IGN and other Websites that covered the WWE Network Announcement.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Future Endeavored

Kool Aid Man is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromTomsRiver View Post
Thanks. So you're saying you can back track through previous programs they put up correct?

I was hoping you would be able to search by brand, event, and date or something along those lines.

This sounds like WWE OnDemand.