WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who should end The Streak?
The Rock 2 9.52%
John Cena 7 33.33%
Roman Reigns 7 33.33%
Daniel Bryan 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Sausage Farmers
WWE Diva's Champion

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default Why The Undertaker and The Streak SUCKS!!

Ok, first of all I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but here it goes:

The Undertaker sucks.

While that old washed up has been bald fat@$$ has yet to show up this year but in my opinion I think that he absolutely sucks.

He flat out sucks.

The thing that is really iritating is that he has NOTHING left to prove, he is 48 years old, he should retire.

Every year it's the same boring story with Taker, there is 0 predictability to his matches, we all know that the streak will NEVER end.

A lot of people say that the streak should never be broken, I disagree.

Records are meant to be broken, imagine what would ending the streak would mean to a young guy like Roman Reigns or even Daniel Bryan.

Taker marks are so p@thetic, they go crazy when people say this guy should end the streak or this guy should end the streak.

WWE is a machine, it's going to keep moving forward.

It won't stop on one wrestler, not Hogan, not Austin, not Rock and certainly not Taker.

With that being said, Taker should retire already.

He's not helping the business in any way, right now he is a cancer to wrestling.

The Undertaker got a huge opportunity to end his career at WM28 with a record of 20-0 at WrestleMania. Now he has an even better opportunity to end his career 22-0 at WMXXX.

They should just get it over with Taker vs Cena and Taker retires. Why do they keep postponing this match?

We all know that The Undertaker will retire by defeating John Cena.

It's inevitable and extremely and annoyingly predictable.

Many Cena haters hate Cena a lot to the point that they think he'll end the streak but the truth is he won't.
I think Cena will probably kick out of 2 or 3 tombstones in Taker's last match and the crowd will exaggerate like a bunch of crazed manchilds and pretend like The Streak is going to end and it isn't the most predictable thing in the world just like they did last year and just like they will do this year with his match against Brock.

I don't think Brock Lesnar has any chance of ending the streak, it's typical of Taker, he couldn't let it go.

He put over Brock Lesnar in 2002 and now he wants to bury him, he couldn't let it go.

Here is how the Brock Lesnar - The Undertaker will go:

-Taker will return, probably scare lesnar or something.
-Paul Heyman will say something about Lesnar beating Hunter and Punk, the 2 guys who Taker defeated the last 3 years.
-Brock Lesnar will attack Taker.
-Brock Lesnar will attack Taker.

WrestleMania: Lesnar beats up Taker the entire match, lots of false finishes, Taker wins.
Taker disappears for the next year.

As a guy who attends WrestleMania for the last couple of years, I have 0 interest in seeing Taker taking 20-30 minutes from WrestleMania to his ego.

The match with Lesnar will be great, just like it was with Punk.

Punk carried Taker, it was just an embarassment seeing Taker last year, he didn't do ANYTHING memorable.

Punk carried him in the entire feud and the match, taker only said his generic "I'm gonna hurt you" WTF is this lame $#!t?

Lesnar this year will also carry Taker this year to a great match, all of Lesnar matches have been great.

Taker feuded with the shield, daniel bryan took the pin on raw in a 6 man tag match then Taker gave the shield their first loss on Smackdown then they beat him up after the match, I guess that's putting them over.

I guess for Taker marks, it's ok for Taker to come back and bury everyone, he's becoming like Hogan and Flair but the difference is when those guys came back, they were in the mid-card and putting talents over not like Taker, taking a 20-30 minute match at every WrestleMania.

Taker can bury every young talent, he should come back for the next 50 years and beat everyone who becomes a star because it's an "honour" and a "privilege" for anyone to be facing the Holy Taker.

Imagine if Hogan kept coming back at WrestleMania, if he beat Austin at WM13 or Rock at WM15 because it's an "honour" for them to be facing Hogan.

Taker is boring, his matches are beyond predictable.

I don't care if the streak ends or not, all I want is just for Taker to retire this year.

I have no interest in seeing Cena vs Taker because we all know that the undertaker will win, I also think that Taker vs Bryan or Taker vs Reigns should NOT happen if Taker is winning.

Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyGOAT : 02-05-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Knockout Champion

laodaron is looking to come up from OCW...laodaron is looking to come up from OCW...laodaron is looking to come up from OCW...laodaron is looking to come up from OCW...laodaron is looking to come up from OCW...

There are certain people who have dedicated their lives to this thing. Their loyalty and work ethic made the WWE what it is today. In my opinion, those people are free to do as they please, and Undertaker is the leader of that pack.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Sausage Farmers
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodaron View Post
There are certain people who have dedicated their lives to this thing. Their loyalty and work ethic made the WWE what it is today. In my opinion, those people are free to do as they please, and Undertaker is the leader of that pack.

IF he's coming back for a match every year, I absolutely have no problem with it.

But coming back to WIN a match every year is incredibly annoying.

Hogan and Flair did the same thing Taker did and even better but they tarnished their legacy by overstaying their welcome and not knowing when to retire.

Same thing will happen with Taker.

P.S- Shawn Michaels is / was in the same position Taker is yet he retired, he retired and till his last match he was giving 110%
Old 02-05-2014, 09:26 AM
shining triangle

Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...

That is a lot of words to support a very simple argument. Grab a dictionary and look up 'tautology'.

It boils down to this: the streak is incredibly valuable to the WWE. It may have occurred when someone in the back said 'hey, have you noticed that Mark hasn't lost at Mania' and they made hay with it.

But however it came about, and whatever you think of it, they have a phenomenon on their hand that is more of a spectacle than their own heavyweight championship. And I may have got my MBA from the Paul Heyman Business School, but even I can tell you that you don't just give the streak away until the last possible moment. And knowing that he is legitimately working hurt gives every match that frisson of 'what if this year is it?'

Now. Let's look at the (admittedly subjective) ratings for Taker's last six Wrestlemania matches.

- 2008 v Edge (****1/4)
- 2009 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2010 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2011 v HHH (****1/2)
- 2012 v HHH (****3/4)
- 2013 v CM Punk (****1/2)

I wish all wrestlers were that good when they're broken down and hurt. I don't agree with those ratings but I enjoyed every single match and didn't feel that Undertaker's mobility impeded the psychology or storytelling. Perhaps the younger guys carried the physicality more...but Undertaker's been like that for a long time. It wasn't him that went off the cell roof, remember?

Donning my Fantasy Booker Hat (earned at the Vince Russo School of Booking) I would eventually book Undertaker to lose at Wrestlemania. I don't know who because we don't know when he's ready to retire. There's no point in having shine if you can't allow someone else a rub.

But the streak far from 'sucks'. It's a moment or thing in the industry that has transcended into the public consciousness like Hulkamania, the Ultimate Warrior, The Rock or Darren Drozdov. They are unwriteable, they cannot be designed, like all the best things in the business.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Ice Tiger

jameswalsh292 is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the Undertaker and would not have a problem if the streak never ended. With that said I would also accept the streak ending if it was to positively help further a storyline or superstar. Taker is close to retirement and his loss at mania whould help the company going forward as it would give a massive rub to whoever beats him.

The only two people right now that I would accept breaking the streak are Daniel Bryan and John Cena. Things can change and there may be another who should break the streak but right now its these two.

Nobody deserves it more than Cena. It would be the ideal moment to turn him heel.

It would also be great for Bryan. In this occasion I would have taker be a heel. I dont think it would be too hard to turn taker heel with the support Bryan currently has. It would be a fantastic boost for Bryan and it would forever legitimize his character. Actually even if Bryan was to lose to a heel taker at mania it would be great.

I must admit the OP's description of the taker/brock match/story made me laugh. It is almost a sure thing that thats how the fued will play out.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Sausage Farmers
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
That is a lot of words to support a very simple argument. Grab a dictionary and look up 'tautology'.

It boils down to this: the streak is incredibly valuable to the WWE. It may have occurred when someone in the back said 'hey, have you noticed that Mark hasn't lost at Mania' and they made hay with it.

But however it came about, and whatever you think of it, they have a phenomenon on their hand that is more of a spectacle than their own heavyweight championship. And I may have got my MBA from the Paul Heyman Business School, but even I can tell you that you don't just give the streak away until the last possible moment. And knowing that he is legitimately working hurt gives every match that frisson of 'what if this year is it?'

Now. Let's look at the (admittedly subjective) ratings for Taker's last six Wrestlemania matches.

- 2008 v Edge (****1/4)
- 2009 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2010 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2011 v HHH (****1/2)
- 2012 v HHH (****3/4)
- 2013 v CM Punk (****1/2)

I wish all wrestlers were that good when they're broken down and hurt. I don't agree with those ratings but I enjoyed every single match and didn't feel that Undertaker's mobility impeded the psychology or storytelling. Perhaps the younger guys carried the physicality more...but Undertaker's been like that for a long time. It wasn't him that went off the cell roof, remember?

Donning my Fantasy Booker Hat (earned at the Vince Russo School of Booking) I would eventually book Undertaker to lose at Wrestlemania. I don't know who because we don't know when he's ready to retire. There's no point in having shine if you can't allow someone else a rub.

But the streak far from 'sucks'. It's a moment or thing in the industry that has transcended into the public consciousness like Hulkamania, the Ultimate Warrior, The Rock or Darren Drozdov. They are unwriteable, they cannot be designed, like all the best things in the business.

Even if The Streak should not end, there is no point in Taker continuing to wrestle every year.

After the match at WM26 Career vs Streak, there is nobody that can make me believe the streak will end.

Not Rock, not Brock and certainly not Cena.

Triple H is the guy who is going to take over WWE, maybe he was able to end the streak.

In Taker's DVDs, he says the nicest things about Hunter, he said that if he had to start a wrestling company with one person, that one person would be Hunter, he has tons of respect and admiration to Hunter so Triple H was really the LAST guy that could make you think the streak will end.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Only Holly to never hold HC title
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Softcore Holly is looking to come up from OCW...Softcore Holly is looking to come up from OCW...Softcore Holly is looking to come up from OCW...Softcore Holly is looking to come up from OCW...Softcore Holly is looking to come up from OCW...Softcore Holly is looking to come up from OCW...Softcore Holly is looking to come up from OCW...

If you don't care then why the long rant?

And oh look, the classic overuse of the word "bury". Losing to Taker doesn't bury anyone, (except when he does it literally ) we expect him to win and don't see his opponent any less after their match. If anything they always come out better since despite losing they just had a huge showing in a main event caliber match, in which taker always tries to make the other guy look good.

It's not even a ego thing either, he was willing to let Orton go over during their WM match, but Orton declined out of respect. And they've also figured out a while ago that it's what the people wants, sure this obviously doesn't apply to you but the streak gives another special reason to watch WM, despite it's obvious outcome.

Now obviously father time is catching up to him, and he'll be retiring soon enough, this year could very well be his last. So you won't have to "suffer" that much longer.

Last edited by Softcore Holly : 02-05-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:40 AM
WZCW World Tag Team Champion
WWF Hardcore Champion

Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spider Meng

Who will be the biggest draw at Wrestlemania this year?

Who has been the biggest draw at Wrestlemania in the past 5 years or so?

None of what you said can change the fact that The Undertaker sells more tickets than their own champion. No matter how much you think he sucks, The Streak has been the most fascinating part of Wrestlemania and has been for a long time. Who cares if we all know Undertaker will win? That's not the point. The point is WWE accidentally started something fresh- a huge undefeated streak on their grandest stage, and continue to make money because of it. In 10 years nobody is going to give a shit that The Miz defeated John Cena to retain the belt, or that Trips and Y2J fought over a dog, but people will remember that The Undertaker was never defeated there.

Undertaker wrestles what? Once a year? Not really Hulk Hogan, is he?

You're In For A Dogfight

Tokyo Burns Tonight...
Old 02-05-2014, 09:45 AM
shining triangle

Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...Gibby is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnlyGOAT View Post
Even if The Streak should not end, there is no point in Taker continuing to wrestle every year.

After the match at WM26 Career vs Streak, there is nobody that can make me believe the streak will end.

Not Rock, not Brock and certainly not Cena.

Triple H is the guy who is going to take over WWE, maybe he was able to end the streak.

In Taker's DVDs, he says the nicest things about Hunter, he said that if he had to start a wrestling company with one person, that one person would be Hunter, he has tons of respect and admiration to Hunter so Triple H was really the LAST guy that could make you think the streak will end.
THis is maybe so, but you have somewhat overstated things by saying 'The Streak sucks' when what you mean is 'The Streak has possibly run its course and has trodden on where I am supposed to suspend my disbelief in fake fighting'.

I genuinely believe Undertaker is a company man to the very end, and though he will have a say in who he sees the lights for, I believe he will indeed ignite a new star by taking the 1-2-3. I mean, he feuded with Maven ffs.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Sausage Farmers
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Who has been the biggest draw at Wrestlemania in the past 5 years or so?

Hmmm The Rock.

The Rock was certainly the biggest draw of WM27, 28 and probably WM29.

WM26 main evented by The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels / Streak vs Career, probably the biggest match in Taker's career and WM26 failed to reach over 1 million ppv buyrates.

The 3 next WMs, The Rock was there, all 3 WrestleMania's reached over 1 million PPV buyrates.

Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyGOAT : 02-05-2014 at 09:51 AM.