WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXX
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-23-2014, 02:47 AM
The Icon

rko57 is looking to come up from OCW...rko57 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Sting & Undertaker VS The Shield?

It appears that the WWE really feels like they have Sting this year. (Ill believe it when I see it). But it appears some people feel like it could be too late to see the dream match against The Undertaker because of their age or fearing Sting not being in as good of shape as Taker, so how would y'all feel if Sting teamed with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX?

The Undertaker returns the night after Eilimination Chamber and right when he starts to talk, The Shield comes out to confront him and brag they took him out. As soon as they surround the ring, the lights go out and the crow music plays. Sting comes to the ring and helps Taker clean house. This sets up the handicap match for Mania. The Shield would truly be on their way to success to step in the ring with these two at Mania, The Streak can continue, and Sting gets a win at Mania

I know the chances of this happening are slim, but if he does sign this time, I could see them continuing the Undertaker/Shield storyline and having Sting get involved. Personally, I would just love to see Sting in the WWE. He's my favorite of all time and it would be the ultimate mark out moment for me.

What do y'all think? IF he goes to the WWE, would you like to see him team up with The Undertaker?

Last edited by rko57 : 01-23-2014 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Typo from the iPhone
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:27 AM
Doink Stan
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WarroBODFan is looking to come up from OCW...WarroBODFan is looking to come up from OCW...WarroBODFan is looking to come up from OCW...WarroBODFan is looking to come up from OCW...WarroBODFan is looking to come up from OCW...WarroBODFan is looking to come up from OCW...

I wouldn't be against the idea of him teaming up with The Undertaker at all, but at the same time the IWC have built up this whole 'pretend' rivalry between the two of them, I'd be concerned that some people would get the hump about it because it's not the exact scenario they've been dreaming up.

As for your Shield scenario, again it's a cool idea don't get me wrong, but I'm anticipating a Reigns face turn before WM30, and even if it's not a complete turn before then, I'm sure The Shield as faction will either be in disarray, or will be broken up. I'm still anticipating a Reigns V Ambrose match, or Reigns V Ambrose & Rollins, or just something involving The Shield feuding.

Tl;dr, the scenario is cool in my opinion, but unlikely to say the least.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:22 AM
License to Smark
Knockout Champion

Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...Smark Madden scored a win over Santino Marella...

I feel The Undertaker shouldn't be defending his streak in a tag team match... especially after having high profile matches with people like Shawn Michaels and Triple-H. It would be a downgrade.
Also, don't forget that The Shield has lost 3-on-1 to CM Punk a few times lately (which may I add, was more unnecessary and a wastage than Ryback or Barrett losing to Punk) , so they wouldn't be a believable threat to the team of arguably the biggest legend in WWE and the biggest legend in WCW. It might be cool to watch on the RAW next to Wrestlemania, but I'm afraid its just not WM-streak worthy at this point.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:35 AM
kumarjtk

kumarjtk is looking to come up from OCW...

i agree with you. First point if sting is signed by wwe then he heavily used for some non wrestling act like dvd release some tag team action for some time.
His first wm match not end with loss. So they put taker and sting in a tag match.
They put sting in possible matches with others like shawn, vince. Give sting first loss to shawn so he didnt loss to any young stars. Use him with limited actions until RR 2015. Where taker and sting in the middle of the ring pointing wm31.
Both are wrestle one on one where taker wins.
On that year both wrestled their last match and inducted in hof.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:44 AM
WWE European Champion

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'll go along with it and say Sting is going to join the WWE. I really don't like the idea of him defending The Streak in a handicap match or indeed him teaming with Sting. The Undertaker's matches have been the highlight of the last 5 WM's. He and the streak are a major attraction and there are better options - Lesnar/Cena most notably.

Also, I don't see the point in him facing The Shield, and winning. It would be stupid to see him team with someone and lose. It doesn't really fit.

IF Sting was to join then I suppose something like this could work at Survivor Series. Even through in Kane and make it a 6 man tag. The Shield might not be around but The Wyatt Family will. If Sting was to join the WWE even for 2/3 PPV's then I reckon he should do something involving Taker. Even if it is just a tag-team match.

This is probably a bit late for Sting/Taker. It had real appeal a few years ago but I'm no longer interested. In my opinion, Sting should have joined back when WCW died. Now, there is no point - just be the guy that never wrestled for Vince McMahon.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Behold my diction
Knockout Champion

enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...

Sting vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania doesn't have to be the best match that either man has ever put on, it just has to happen to settle the age old question of "what if?"

Sting just has to hit a few Stinger Splashes, Undie just has to do his rope walk and few of his zombie sit-ups. Maybe they reverse each others moves, who knows. Either way, this match MUST happen. Every other dream match has happened, or is too ridiculous a concept to ever happen. Rock fought Hogan, Lesnar fought Goldberg, Big Show fought Khali, Octagon fought Pentagon, Sasuke fought Hayabusa, Moolah fought Trish Stratus, Flair fought Bob Backlund, Inoki fought Baba, Hansen fought Vader. There is only one match that my generation demands of history, and that is The Undertaker vs Sting at Wrestlemania.

For better or worse, this match has to happen.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:16 AM

drobs85 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Shield can not even beat Punk in a 3-1 match multiple tries, but I'm suppose to buy in to them beating Taker and Sting? I think not.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I'm not all that wild about the idea of the streak being defended in any sort of tag team situation. It just doesn't jive with the level of many of the streak matches, especially the past 5, in my opinion. However, the notion of Taker & Sting teaming against The Shield might be a pretty good draw just for the novelty alone. But, then again, since Taker's appearances in the ring have become such a rarity, WWE wants to go that extra yard in making the matches not only feel significant but are of as high a quality as can be delivered. I just don't see that happening in a tag match.

While it's true that not every match has to come off like an epic, it's what fans have come to expect. It's a combination of the rarity of Taker's appearances, the opponents, the hype of the match and the quality.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM

Mitchrodriguez1 is looking to come up from OCW...

How about a 3 on 1 handicap match?

The shield vs taker.

From a storyline perspective it makes sense because the shield is the reason why taker hasn't been in action since last year. So it's believable that he is making his return to destroy them.

It puts the streak in real and believable danger with the way the shield has plowed through everyone since arriving in the wwe.

Putting them with taker at mania will help them get to a high level right before their dismantling.

The following night on raw reigns walks away and turns face and it can be due to the fact that at mania he was positioned to be the member of the shield that was about to beat taker and somehow Ambrose or Rollins mess it up.

I think it'll be a good match to watch and if it is takers last match, it'll be a challenging one at that.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 AM
The Million Penny Man

rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...

This wouldn't be a bad idea if Sting signs one for an entire year and you can get 2 Wrestlemania matches out of him. At the end of the match, Sting could even take the baseball bat to Undertaker & start building next year's Wrestlemania match.