WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-21-2014, 02:30 AM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default WWE Royal Rumble 2014 - Daniel Bryan VS Bray Wyatt

This angle has been a mixed bag but after last weeks amazing finale in the cage and the promo between Bray and Bryan tonight (as well as Bray's promo on the last SD), I think they are going into this match on pretty solid footing.

Bray is a a great character worker but has had very limited ring time so far, this match could be the first step in taking him up a level as more than just a mouthpiece. Bryan can have a good match with anyone and if given some time here I think he can help Bray showcase himself fantastically.

I'm not really sure who wins here, it could be closure and thus Bryan beats Bray, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan lose and then win the Rumble, setting him up to face Bray at the EC to finish this feud off before moving on to the Mania build.

There is the possibility that this could all still tie into The Undertaker, but I'd say that was a 50/50 possibility at best.

Last edited by The Eighties : 01-21-2014 at 02:32 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 AM

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...
Default What if

What if they go with bryan being attacked backstage at rumble so he can't fight bray. The commentator would then keep saying bryan was at hospital and wouldn't be in rumble match. Then #30 is bryan who wins the rumble by eliminating bray. What do you guys think? You know because then they can move the feud to EC.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Well, I suppose anything that Daniel Bryan does right now will work, and the match vs Bray Wyatt at the Rumble makes sense.

However, I guess a lot of people will agree when I say that Bryan belongs in the Rumble, and should win it. He needs to be in the ME of Wrestlemania (perhaps in a Triple Threat match vs Orton & Cena, or Orton & Batista) and he needs to win the strap there. If WWE is gunning for a big "YES!"-chant as has been reported on WZ, then this is the freaking surefire way to get one.

A match vs Taker would be a good "Plan B" though, as Bryan is so over right now, a match like that would split the crowd right down in the middle between Taker's streak and Bryan's popularity, which always makes for great atmosphere. I thought that the - essential - face vs face constellations in the Taker/HHH and Taker/HBK matches worked better than the Taker / Punk match, with Punk as the clear-cut heel (even though HHH and HBK were technically the "heels" in those matches, but due to their level of stardom still had a large part of the crowd beind them).

I just hope WWE captializes in the best way possible on Bryan's unbroken popularity, and put him in the spot he deserves to be at this moment due to that spectacular connection to the audience.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I was surprised that this match had been made. I wasn't online after 6 pm last night, so I had no idea that Bryan had been medically cleared. Either his concussion wasn't very serious whatsoever or he's coming back much too early.

At this point in time, I'd say that Bryan walks out with the win over Bray Wyatt if it's truly a 1 on 1 match because Wyatt's biggest contribution at this point in time is as a mouthpiece. Wyatt is flat out great on the mic and WWE can always focus more on making him more of an in-ring presence later on down the line, possibly after WrestleMania. As we're on the Road to WrestleMania, I think WWE's best strategy would be to really keep their guys who've long since been major presences in the ring looking strong.

I'm not against the possibility of Bray Wyatt winning the match, but I don't believe that it should happen clean. Notice how Bryan seemed to indicate that Harper & Rowan are going to be too busy & focused on their Royal Rumble match participation? There's not really anything to stop Harper & Rowan from interfering, as I'd say this match will be the one to open the main Royal Rumble card while the RR match closes the show. One thing that struck me as suspicious is that Shawn Michaels will be at the event as part of a panel of past RR winners, namely Ric Flair and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Maybe I just have a suspicious mind but this seems like a perfect opportunity for HBK to earn a little payback for Bryan embarrassing him the night after HIAC by making him tap to the Yes Lock, nailing him with the running knee during the big brawl on the TLC go home Raw and the tension that was between them when HBK presented Bryan with the Superstar of the Year award as the Slammy edition of Raw.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 07:07 AM

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...
Default If rumor true

If he rumor is true about Vince wanting whole crowd chanting yes then the only way if bryan wins rumble and headlines mania and wins. If he goes against taker people will be pissed if he wins and the crowd won't be so happy.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Ass Man
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GeneralKarim is looking to come up from OCW...GeneralKarim is looking to come up from OCW...GeneralKarim is looking to come up from OCW...GeneralKarim is looking to come up from OCW...GeneralKarim is looking to come up from OCW...GeneralKarim is looking to come up from OCW...GeneralKarim is looking to come up from OCW...

If the report is true that they want massive Yes chants at wrestlemania, then Bryan should be booked very very well up until Wrestlemania.

I don't think he will lose to Bray and if he does it has to be dirty while still making Bray look strong.They need to protect both guys imo.

And, this is the time that Bray shows people that he's not just a mouth piece with good facial expressions.I know he's not Daniel Bryan but for a more heavier dude , he can move and can wrestle pretty good, so lets hope they put on a awesome match.

I'm pretty stoked for this match because well, its a DB PPV match, and Bray finally gets to wrestle for more than 2 minutes, no to mention they have a decent storyline going.....unlike the storyline of Cena vs Orton.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM
WWE European Champion

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm glad we get to see Bray wrestle. Due to time constraints it might not be the longest match but I'm excited to see what they can offer. I'm worried about Bryan's concussion but I'm sure the WWE aren't rushing him back.

I can't actually predict this. Bryan winning, thus, getting revenge on the Wyatt Family is the logical ending.

I like the idea, however, of Bray winning (the younger superstar) going over and Bryan winning the Rumble. Everyone wins.

A Bryan double won't and probably shouldn't happen. I'm interested to see where Bray goes after this if this is indeed the end of the feud.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Bryan has split from The Wyatt's so surely he goes over here. Unless they want to prolong the feud.

I see this as the beginning of the end for Bray's upper card push. I guess you can partially blame Bryan's popularity for that. After Bryan wins the feud I can't see anything other than downwards trajectory for the group.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 11:24 AM

Hayesamania is looking to come up from OCW...

I think this will be the opening match of the night, and it should be a good one. Bryan is going to go over in the match. Some people I have talked to are worried that Bryan won't be in the Rumble because he has a match, but I seriously doubt they would keep their most over Superstar right now out of the 30 man classic. Unless they are worried about the audience not accepting someone else winning it if he would be in it.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Laurie Strode's worst nightmare
World Heavyweight Champion

Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...Mitch Myers is a Television Champion...

Bryan has to win this, and it's not even close. To add to that, Bryan needs a decisive victory to put an end to this feud, because it's dragged on for too long now. WWE already took a risky chance of completely killing Bryan's momentum with Bryan as a member of The Wyatt Family. The crowds are on his side again, and we're too close to Wrestlemania to take another chance.

As for Bray and The Wyatt Family, well I don't know where they can go, if Bryan wins at the Rumble. Maybe WWE plants the seeds for a Wyatt Family VS The Shield match at Wrestlemania? I can still remember the thunderous reaction from the Raw crowd, when The Wyatts and The Shield had a stare down in the ring a while ago, and you got the impression WWE was teasing and plating the seeds for this match.