WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXX
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 AM

Sundar is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't see Lesnar v Batista being the main event anyway. They would not want to risk another Brock vs Goldberg. Brock is really great in the ring but I don't think he would be able to carry Batista to a WM main event level match.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:22 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
ROH Pure Champion

George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...George Steele's Barber is going to make some noise in the draft...

Batista's return last night was further evidence of why he won't or shouldn't be main eventing WM. He expected so much more from the audience and they really fell flat for his return. I kind of felt bad for him.

Maybe he should dress less like Bieber.
GSB Stunning Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Paul Heyman and Paul Giammatti in the same room at the same time and neither have you.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi
WWE European Champion

Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jonny B is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I don't think the pop that Batista got last night will do him any favours, people just didn't really seem to care that he came back.

The standing rumours for Wrestlemania for the last few months have been Lesnar vs. Undertaker and CM Punk vs. Triple H, with the latter looking more and more like a lock as each week goes by. But there has been talk that Lesnar is too stiff to work with Undertaker, so they are leaning away from this which probably leaves Cena vs. Undertaker which personally I'd rather see anyway. This free's Lesnar up to do something else I could see him working the Main Event with Batista which doesn't really excite me a whole lot or they could go the route of having Batista win the Rumble and face Orton for the title and maybe have Lesnar vs. Bryan.

I dont have a problem with either of these guys working the title match, I think the card is going to be stacked anyway.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 AM

Hayesamania is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally, I am a big fan of Brock Lesnar and he seems to draw quite well. He always gets a great reaction and is rightfully billed as a destructive force. But I just never have been much of a Batista mark. It seems after last night that he still is poor on the mic, his spinebuster and powerbomb were very tame last night, and the reaction he got was also quite disappointing. I am glad Batista is back, but I agree that he shouldn't definitely not win the Rumble on Sunday. Although he is HHH's boy so that is exactly what will most likely happen.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

kadroan is looking to come up from OCW...kadroan is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm all for a Batista/Lesnar main event. Wrestlemania usually have dream matches and that definitely is a dream match.

With their match as the main event, it brings a new set of eyes to the product. It helps the Ziggler's, Barrett's etc, it's just up to them to take advantage of their opportunity.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:42 AM
I wear my underwear on the outside.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
I don't think the pop that Batista got last night will do him any favours, people just didn't really seem to care that he came back.
On some level, this is a completely unfair criticsm.

The E announced when and where his return would be, with vignettes and the whole nine. If none of that had happened and Batista would have just showed up and made his return at a different random RAW or the Rumble or Elimination Chamber, the reaction would have been far bigger. Wrasslin' afficianados love surprise returns.

The braintrust at the E knows this. If the arena in Vegas had never put him on their website and the dirtsheets never picked up on it, they never would have announced it was happening and he would have come out 30th at the Rumble and the place would have gone apeshit.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Caribbean Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

larisano is looking to come up from OCW...larisano is looking to come up from OCW...larisano is looking to come up from OCW...larisano is looking to come up from OCW...larisano is looking to come up from OCW...larisano is looking to come up from OCW...larisano is looking to come up from OCW...

If anything, the reaction for Batista should send a message to him, basically that for the Universe as a whole to care for him, he has to work for their affection again. Put on great matches.
If a Brock-Batista match is planned,then for it to be sold based on what I observed last night:
1.) Brock vs Big Show has to be a Great Match. Something the crowd comes out happy with. Brock has generally had great matches since he came back, so hopefully, the two Big guys put on a good showing.

2.) Batista has to look strong in the ring. Get some interest in his in-ring work somehow. Look as much as an Animal as he could.

Then, and only then, would a Batista - Brock Lesnar match get some interest. At this time, judging by the reaction last night. I don't see them pulling off a successful Main Event with just those two in it.
Note: Batista looks way,way less imposing than before, doesn't he? After RAW last night, I rewatched a clip of RR2008, and the difference in the size of Batista's body then to now, was incredible!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Waiting for Halloween......
NWA Champion

The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...

Batista's return last night reminded me of Triple H's return at Summerslam 2007: everything felt too forced. When Triple H returned at Summerslam 2007, WWE ran a series of Six Million Dollar Man style promo videos. On the night of his return, WWE gave Triple H a grandiose entrance with pyro, and they ran another video promo. Triple H got a reaction from the live crowd, but it wasn't thunderous.

By the time he got to the ring, Triple H hit all four turnbuckles to do his signature pose, but the crowd didn't explode. When he reached the fourth turnbuckle, you could clearly see the fans really didn't care anymore, and Triple H had to stall and play around with the fans to force a reaction. The whole scenario was kind of awkward, because you could tell WWE wanted a 2002 at MSG moment, but it didn't happen.

Batista got a reaction last night, but he didn't get the earth-shattering reaction WWE was hoping for. When he hit the ring, Batista had to work with all of his posing to pull something out of the crowd. You can't force or manufacture moments like Triple H at MSG in 2002. Those moments have to come naturally for a variety of reasons. Maybe you can make an argument for a surprise Batista return receiving a better reaction with the help of shock value, but I'm not so sure. As far as big time returning stars go, Batista is not on The Rock or Brock Lesnar's level, his routine as the meathead is stale, and it's as simple as that.

So yeah, I don't think we have to worry about Lesnar VS Batista as the main event anymore. I'm sure both men will cross paths at some point (Summerslam), but I'm hoping it doesn't happen at Wrestlemania. Batista should be a front-runner to win the Rumble, because he needs the momentum. Then, WWE can go with Batista VS Orton for the WWE WHC, but that's not a main event worthy match.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:15 PM

CM Wyatt is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't want it either of them because:They don't deserve it! Only 4 guys deserve it: Cena, Bryan, Orton, Punk, PERIOD!
In the other hand, neither for business! Brock was in last year, so if can be on the last before the main event, it wont kill him. And Batista is NOT The Rock!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:22 PM
12.5%
WWE European Champion

hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...

Maybe this is splitting hairs a little, but I could definitely see a Brock Lesnar versus Dave Batista matchup at WM30, but certainly not as the main event. I'm not sure either of these part timers will be in the main event of the evening, and I'm also not certain that either of them should be. They will both be at the event, and they may face each other earlier in the night, but they won't lock up in the main event of the night for several reasons.

Of course, the rest of the card is very up in the air in my opinion, so the prominence of the match involving either of these guys will be determined by how the card shapes up. For example, if Cena beats Orton at the Rumble and is the champion, and Lesnar wins the Rumble match itself, I could easily see John Cena versus Brock Lesnar main event, although I don't anticipate this as the main event either. Likewise, a Lesnar versus Underaker match could close the evening as well, depending on where they choose to go with this. Personally, I cannot envision a scenario whereby Batista is in the main event.

It's clear to me what the main event should be: John Cena versus the Undertaker, doing the unthinkable.