WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default WWE Hall Of Fame: Class Of 2014

The topic of halls of fame in pro wrestling, well particularly in either WWE & TNA, is something that gets hotly debated at times. The credibility of WWE's HOF is called into question with the inclusion of people who have had extremely limited roles in wrestling, namely celebrities, while TNA's has been questioned for even creating a HOF after only 10 years in existence and using it as part of a gimmick angle at Bound for Glory.

So with 2014 coming up, I'm sure it'll be no different this time around. I expect some complaints & criticisms, some warranted & some unwarranted, as to who will be inducted. Off & on over the course of the 2nd half of 2013, there've been reports of WWE reaching out to the Ultimate Warrior in order to mend fences for purposes of him headlining the Class of 2014. There've also been reports that the contingency plan if Warrior doesn't work out of having D-Generation X as the headliner for next year's show.

Personally, I think that WrestleMania's geographic location each year should play at least some part of who is invited to be part of the HOF. WrestleMania XXX takes place in New Orleans, Louisiana and Louisiana was part of the NWA Tri-State, later the Universal Wrestling Federation, territory. With WWE acquiring the NWA Tri-State/UWF tape library and putting out a DVD compilation earlier this year, I just think it'd be a lot of fun to see some big stars associated with the territory be inducted, especially some who became big stars in other promotions. The Fabulous Freebirds, the Rock n' Roll Express, Mr. Wrestling II, Jake The Snake Roberts, Terry Taylor, Magnum T.A., etc. are a handful of examples of guys who were major players in NWA Tri-Stat/UWF.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM
J-Crown Octuple Unified Champion
Knockout Champion

HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...

While I couldn't agree more with you on everything you said & I would love to see many, if not all of those guys go into the WWE HOF (especially after recently watching & currently re-watching the 'Legend of Mid-South' Blu-ray which has brought back a ton of great memories & nostalgic feelings) I realistically don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

The WWE has a ton of talent that has still yet to be inducted into their HOF & the only two guys listed that I could really even see going in anytime soon would be either Jake 'The Snake' Roberts (due to his name value, the fact that he has cleaned up a lot & the fact that he has recently been working with WWE on outside projects & is lobbying for a spot in the 2014 Royal Rumble) or Terry Taylor (due to him still being employed by WWE/having a good working relationship with them & his brief tenure in the company as The Red Rooster). Besides that pretty much everyone else either never really worked for WWF/WWE (which hasn't really stopped WWE in the past), isn't a big enough name for WWE to reach out to quite yet or has some other issues like with Michael Hayes & his recent problems with Rosa Mendes/alchohol.

So while I would absolutely love to see some of my old favorites from the NWA Tri-State/Mid-South/UWF like The Freebirds or Buzz Sawyer go into the WWE Hall Of Fame, I'm not going to hold by breathe.
3.)WWE World Champion: Brock Lesnar

Last edited by HBKistheHOF : 11-17-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:54 PM
A Fan Of Wrestling Not Backstage BS
Knockout Champion

TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Jack-Hammer, as always a great thread from you. In my four years posting on here, I've yet to see one where I haven't thought that. With WWE acquiring the NWA Tri-State/UWF library, a lot of those names you mentioned are great choices. One name that I want to bring up and I've seen in other threads is Rick Rude. Some people state that because he might be forgotten that he isn't a good choice. However, I have to say this, no offense to other individuals in the past that got posthumous nods, for instance Eddie Graham, a legendary promoter and he contributed greatly to the wrestling business during the territory days...however, if he has a Hall Of Fame nod, I can't see why there would be any questions of Rick Rude getting in as well.

Time will tell, but I would at least like to see Rick Rude gets his induction, and I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're well overdue for a Randy Savage induction..I know there's been the Lanny Poffo controversy on that. But hopefully something will come about soon.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm laughing at you right now.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If Hogan signs a deal I wouldn't be shocked if the WWE made Hogan the 2nd man to go into the HOF twice by inducting Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash (Maybe Sean Waltman) as the nWo. It would be hard to argue that the nWo isn't a HOF worthy stable and of course you don't induct the whole group because that would put Stevie Ray and Horace Hogan in the HOF, but keeping to the original 3 (maybe 4 because of Triple H's relationship with Waltman) makes sense to me.

I'd like to see the Warrior go in, but I'm not sure if that will happen if Hogan is in the building. I do however see a possibility of Savage going in and the Warrior inducting him. That could pave the way for Warrior's induction next year.

As for NWA picks, I'm just not seeing it.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Boss is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the idea of the Freebirds (although they could be saved for the next Texas WM), the RnR Express and Jake Roberts going in this year. Dr. Death Steve Williams and the One Man Gang would also be appropriate. I would also like to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN inducting Randy Savage. And of course I'm always open to the nWo being inducted so that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can get two HOF rings.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 AM
heROCKules

the_peoples_adam is a member of the JOB SQUAD

MACHO MAN, NWO, D_X, JAKE ROBERTS, ULTIMATE WARRIOR,,Everybody is in linee....Also BILL GOLDBERG into hall of fame would be great..Finally can i see OWEN HART in the HALL OF FAME...
Old 11-18-2013, 02:41 AM

Blade222 is looking to come up from OCW...

Sean Waltman was the Syxxth member of the nWo after The Giant and DiBiase.

Nearly 30 years after his "death", I would like to see Andy Kaufman inducted into the celebrity wing by Jerry Lawler. He was huge in the South!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:51 AM

Sid Schmid is looking to come up from OCW...Sid Schmid is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd like to see Owen Hart get inducted at the next HOF. Why Koko B Ware is in it and Owen isn't is a disgrace in my opinion.

Other inductees I'd like to see:
Jake The Snake Roberts
NWO (Hogan, Hall, Nash)
Ultimate Warrior
Rick Rude
The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
Old 11-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I'm against D-X going in anytime soon. Triple H should have his own induction first. Also, Chyna needs to find her way in with them and I think Rick Rude needs to go in alone as well. Though I think Rick could probably be left out of the eventual D-X induction.

If you're inducting one dead guy, it's gotta be Randy Savage. If his wish was that his whole family be inducted to, then so be it. It'll be about Savage regardless.

The Ultimate Warrior should be the star inductee. He's earnt it. He wasn't around for a long time, but he's iconic and he has enough about him to carry the Hall Of Fame for next year.

I'd then add some other gusy that are worthy, but who are more lower level inductees:

Sid Justice/Vicious - Multiple time world champion. Got a great reaction when he appearon on Raw a few years back.

DDP - There seems to be a great deal of support in inducting lots of wasters this year. Maybe have one, Jake Roberts, but DDP should find his way into the HOF sooner rather than later.

Lita - Add a woman. Seems like an annual thing now.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Mad Fer It!
WCW Champion

Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...

I wouldn't even consider having D-Generation X this year, there are plenty of others who should go in, DX can go in next year.

Ultimate Warrior needs to headline. As he seems to be on better terms with the WWE now, and Vince publically welcomed him back to the 'E family, I would say it's quite likely that we will see a Warrior induction very soon, quite possibly this year.

Jake Roberts deserves an induction and with the progress he has made in getting himself healthy and his life back on track, plus with the possible surprise Royal Rumble entry he is hoping to make, I think the Snake should get into the HOF this year. His induction speech would be great too.

Scott Hall/Razor Ramon. Another definite HOF'er, whether its from his run as Razor or his time in the Outsiders/nWo, Scott Hall needs to be inducted. As with Roberts, Hall has got his life back on track this year when it looked like he was a lost cause. The fans love "The Bad Guy", and would pop big time for a Hall induction. It just depends whether the WWE wants to induct him as a member of the nWo, as a double entry with Nash or on his own.

DDP, the man who has helped save Jake and Hall's lives is another who may go in. Not only has he done wonders for fellow wrestlers, but the guy is a former fan favourite WCW World Champion who came into the business at a late age and made it to the top. I would be happy to see Page inducted this year.

Lita. We have a woman inducted regularly now and there is noone who did more for the Womens division in the 2000s (other than maybe Trish) than Lita. She is more than worthy.

Or.....

Sable. One of THE most successful divas of all time, the first to pose for Playboy and was incredibly popular in the Attitude Era. Plus, she is married to Brock Lesnar...so maybe an induction for Sable was something he demanded in his contract?

BRING BACK TARA!