WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXX
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default Undertaker Wrestlemania XXX Reports, Rumors & Opinions: Keep It All Here!!!!

Earlier this week, WZ and several other sites have reported some rumors circulating in regards to some potential matches for WrestleMania XXX. There have already been rumors going about but this for months already, but this is pretty much the latest batch.

As of right now, there's no confirmation as to whether or not The Rock will participate in WrestleMania in any sort of role. As reported a few months back, WWE has told the company that makes its merchandise not to produce any new stuff for The Rock in 2014. This was one of several indicators that've popped up post WM 29 suggesting that The Rock won't be returning to WWE at all next year. However, allegedly, WWE is talking of having The Rock have a match with Brock Lesnar at WM XXX with the intention of using their 2002 feud as a backstory for the match. IF, IF, IF this was to happen, then there's talk of having Ryback take on The Undertaker with rumors circulating that maybe Ryback is the one to end the streak.

That being said, it's also been reported that WWE is also planning for the possibility, and the likely probability in the minds of some, that The Rock won't be part of WM next year. It was also reported during the week after SummerSlam that the ending to Punk vs. Lesnar was changed a couple of days before SummerSlam. Around this exact same time, it's been said that The Undertaker informed WWE officials that he'll work WrestleMania XXX. This alleged confirmation is what's being said as the cause of the change to the match, indicating that it'll be Taker vs. Lesnar at WM XXX, because WWE didn't want Lesnar going into WM XXX against Taker with a ppv record of 2-3. If I'm not mistaken, WM XXX is the next scheduled time in which Lesnar will wrestle.

So if all this stuff is legit, it seems that WWE has some slight hope that The Rock will want to work WM XXX but are planning for the probability that he won't. The Rock's future with WWE has been a frequently discussed topic since WM 29 due to the injuries he suffered. The Rock's movie career has really taken off the past several years and only seems to be getting bigger. Since 2011, the 6 films he's starred in have grossed over $2.250 billion worldwide. He's a central character in the Fast & Furious and GI Joe movie franchises, he has the starring role in Hercules: The Thracian Wars and will reprise his role of Luke Hobbs in Fast & Furious 7, both of which come out July 2014. He's also rumored to be a favorite to portray The Terminator in a film reboot, the shooting of which is said to be taking place right in the middle of WrestleMania season. He has a promising film career that's only skyrocketed the past few years and it's a LOT to risk, so I don't see him returning to wrestle.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:12 AM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Wrestlemania "rumored plans" this early are always ridiculous, just as these are.

You can book it, there's a very slim chance Ryback fights Undertaker at Wrestlemania and there's a 0% chance he ends the streak. Sorry, it's not happening and certainly Ryback isn't the one to end it, if it were even going to happen.

It's going to be John Cena vs. Undertaker ('Taker wins). That's what the match will be when it's all said and done. WWE has no idea how many more Wrestlemanias 'Taker has in him and I find it hard to believe that they'll never have a John Cena vs. Undertaker wrestlemania match given that Taker has faced and beaten virtually everyone else of significance (some more than once).
Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM

SuperTaco is looking to come up from OCW...

Even most Cena haters would probably agree that Cena vs Taker would be both a better match and a much more fitting match than Ryback vs Taker. I would not even put Ryback anywhere near that discussion as his PPV record sucks, and he hasn't been around long enough to warrant that kind of stature. If WWE can somehow use Heyman to get Ryback to the next level, maybe we'll be having a different conversation in a few months, but right now I see no chance of that happening.

Even Brock vs Taker would be better, though Brock works a very stiff style and we'd probably never see Taker wrestle again.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Knockout Champion

comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...

The money match is obviously Brock vs The Rock, so I'm sure Vince will pull out all the stops and hold on it until the very last moment he can. The buyrate for that match alone would be huge but it would also free up the two matches I would personally love to see on the card. Hell I'm not even convinced Brock vs The Rock would be all that good in the ring this time around. But anyway, if it were to happen I think the obvious matches to go with would be

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title. Two Indy darlings fighting for the main title at Wrestlemania, the IWC could never have a complaint about the WWE ever again.

and a match I've been waiting years for,

John Cena vs The Undertaker. I think Cena is the only guy who fans will buy into as being someone who could end the streak, hell I'd put it at 50/50 as to whether he would or not. You simply don't get that with anyone else, even Brock.

I'm convinced that booking those three matches would score the WWE's highest PPV buyrate ever
Old 09-27-2013, 09:54 AM

Klinz is looking to come up from OCW...Klinz is looking to come up from OCW...Klinz is looking to come up from OCW...Klinz is looking to come up from OCW...

Ryback v Taker would be a horrible match and I can't see it being the type of headline match that sells the PPV. Lesnar v Taker would make far more sense and would be a decent contest. Plus they have history with the feud they had in 2003.

Cena v Taker for the sheer spectacle would be great. Plus Cena's in-ring work before his injury this past year has been some of his best. As for The Rock, I'm a big Rock mark but I couldn't really care less if he wrestles or not at this point.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 AM
The Queen of Swing
TNA Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
....there's talk of having Ryback take on The Undertaker with rumors circulating that maybe Ryback is the one to end the streak.
If so, they're really going to have to step up Ryback's push, no? Right now, he's nowhere near the status needed to tangle with Undertaker; only the best of the best get to do that. Look at 'Taker's opponents the past few years and try to figure how Ryback fits in there. Hard to do, huh?

The Heyman connection with Ryback is interesting. On one hand, when a performer needs to ally with another figure, it's often because he's been deemed as unable to carry a program on his own. On the other hand, though, a mega-program with Heyman, if written effectively, could put Ryback at the elite status necessary to face 'Taker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
The Rock's movie career has really taken off the past several years and only seems to be getting bigger. Since 2011, the 6 films he's starred in have grossed over $2.250 billion worldwide.
Which once again makes me want to praise the Rock for returning to his roots to entertain us. Plainly, the guy doesn't need the money or exposure he gets from his association with pro wrestling, yet he comes back periodically, anyway. He's not doing it for the money; he could make more of that by simply doing another movie.

If he gives us any more, that's great. If not, he should be thanked for all the excitement he provided, especially for what he's done after his initial WWE career ended.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:25 AM

smfiscus1 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Taker's streak - ended by Ryback??

NO! NO! NO! HELL NO! Why? I think it's gotta be somebody that takes his place in a way. They want/need a character that seems untouchable like Taker. I would say, even if they have to use the Wyatt family to do it, let Bray Wyatt do it, if it's done at all. I get chills whenever I hear "We're here." That music is PERFECT too. Too bad it's lost on this generation. I don't know if people are as drawn to him as they should be. Maybe that's WWE's fault for the way they handle him. Although, it may be to early to tell. Perhaps they could draw from the Wyatts taking out Kane and make this Wrestlemania match a tag team handicap match with the Brothers of Destruction taking on the giant dudes and Bray Wyatt? Then let Bray get the cover on Taker because of a miscue or something with Kane, leading to a Kane-Taker feud to end both men's careers. Perhaps a buried alive match that gets interrupted by the Wyatts, who bury them both? I don't know. Wishful thinking I guess. haha
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

No combination of these 4 holds much interest for me and Ryback doesn't belong in the same discussion as the other 3. If I had to choose one of the rumoured matches it would be Taker vs Lesnar, it wouldn't be all that dramatic as everyone knows Lesnar has zero chance of ending the streak but the match should be a really physical battle at the very least, something Rock vs Brock wouldn't/couldn't be at this point.

In truth while I have a great deal of respect for everything Taker has done, now he's down to just working the streak match the only guy I really care about him facing is Cena, anyone else is just a waste of time.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:25 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

No chance. No chance in hell. This is all just mindless speculation with no sources whatsoever (not you, WZ, who originally reported the story). There's a 0.00000000000% chance that Ryback ends the streak. Come on, we're not stupid.

It's going to be John Cena vs. Undertaker (if they're both healthy). There's simply no way WWE would let Undertaker go out without having fought Cena at Wrestlemania. Cena won't break the streak but at least he'll say he did what no one else could do and that Undertaker's streak is unbreakable. Cena vs. Taker is what's "best for business."

Ryback can't even talk but he's going to end 'Taker's streak. Yeah, okay.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

fanofwrestling is looking to come up from OCW...fanofwrestling is looking to come up from OCW...fanofwrestling is looking to come up from OCW...
Default The Push

No guts, no glory. WWE needs big stars to thrive. The way once in a generation stars get over is by doing things that fans didn't think was possible. Hogan pinned Andre the Giant. Steve Austin defied the boss, Vince McMahon. Goldberg went undefeated for over a year, winning the United States Championship and the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in the process. The Ultimate Warrior entered wrestling immortality by defeating the Hulkster at WrestleMania VI.

Ryback has the look and the power to become a wrestling mega-star. Winning a world title would be a big step toward that end, but to become WWE's premiere attraction, he needs to do something even more grandiose. A Ryback victory over the Undertaker would give Ryback the aura that few wrestlers in today's climate inspire. His larger than life presence would be on par with the Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg. That's what WWE needs and that's what Ryback needs.

If WWE wants a record-breaking buyrate match, Taker could face Cena or Lesnar. But if WWE wants to evolve a wrestler into a year round cash cow, it may be wise of WWE to give Ryback the nod over the Deadman.

Last edited by fanofwrestling : 09-27-2013 at 12:42 PM.