WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default WWE Battleground - WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan VS Randy Orton

The latest in a series of in story interviews conducted by Michael Cole with Triple H is up at WWE.com. During the interview, Triple H announced that the currently vacant WWE Championship will be on the line in a match between Bryan & Orton at the first Battleground ppv.

As of right now, no special stipulations have been announced for the match, though that could change as things progress forward.

While things could change over the course of the next several weeks, it's looking as though, as of right now, Daniel Bryan finally has allies in the WWE locker room. In the interview, Triple H stated that he's not going to run around "punishing superstars" because it's "juvenile" and "beneath" him as "the C.O.O. of a publicly traded billion dollar company." Rather, he believes that the actions of the locker room were caused by "jealousy" and "bitterness" towards guys like Orton & The Shield due to them being "at the top of the food chain."

It's hard to predict what's going to happen here. Nobody really expected Bryan to beat Orton at NOC, but it happened. I could see Bryan winning the title at Battleground or I can also see WWE deciding to wait until Survivor Series for Bryan to finally get his title run.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I was thinking possibly that this match could end up a cluster leading to some sort of no contest or dq finish keeping the title vacant and then Orton winning the belt back at the Hell in a Cell Pay per view inside the cell. Then I believe they will separate the two for a while. I really don't think the big payoff of Daniel Bryan getting his true title run will happen until Wrestlemania. That is a long time away I know, and I might be wrong, but as of now that is how I see this one playing out.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-18-2013, 10:42 PM

vikesfan is looking to come up from OCW...vikesfan is looking to come up from OCW...

Theres rumors its gonna be an IronMan match.Id love that but I bet they'll end up in a tie and then settle it at HITC.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 AM

Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...

They should have had a tournament like Survivor Series 1998 where the Rock became the Corporate Champion. They could have Bryan and Orton face-off in the finals at Battleground only for there to be a double count-out of some sort leaving the title still vacant. Then, at Hell In A Cell insert Big Show into the feud and have Show walk out WWE Champ. Then, at Survivor Series have Shane McMahon return to help D Bryan finally capture the WWE title.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2013, 03:49 AM
Ha! I kill me!

matman8540 is looking to come up from OCW...

I believe it will be parts of two of the posters here. At Battleground, a regular match that will turn into one giant "clusterf**k" double disqualification. At Survivor Series, Hell In The Cell. Then everyone can start chanting, "YES, YES, YES, YES".
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes2TheFuture3313 View Post
They should have had a tournament like Survivor Series 1998 where the Rock became the Corporate Champion. They could have Bryan and Orton face-off in the finals at Battleground only for there to be a double count-out of some sort leaving the title still vacant. Then, at Hell In A Cell insert Big Show into the feud and have Show walk out WWE Champ. Then, at Survivor Series have Shane McMahon return to help D Bryan finally capture the WWE title.
I'd love to see that too. It really wouldn't be too hard to set up. They could have some sort of gimmick match like a iron man, last man standing, or something where the match can end without a winner. Than at HIAC in their match you have a lot of the guys who would feature in the tournament run down and cause the match to be thrown out. This would take us to Survivor Series with the title still vacant and set up the field for the tournament. They could do an 8 man tournament and have it feature:

Bryan
Orton
Ziggler
Show
Rhodes
Rollins
Reigns
Ambrose

Or you can stretch that field to 14 (like at Mania IV and the 98 Survivor Series) and add:

Punk
Del Rio
RVD
Christian
Barrett
Ryback

Either way a tournament opens up the possibilities and can make for an exciting show which is something that Survivor Series desperately needs.

All American Boys
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Waiting for Halloween......
World Heavyweight Champion

The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...

I think we're in for another screwy finish here.

Since WWE already went the route of using the crooked ref, I expect we'll see some outside interference from The Shield or Big Show. The locker room came to Daniel Bryan's aid this past Monday, helping him deliver the feel good moment of triumph we've all been waiting for, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Triple H put a stipulation in place, where anyone, who interferes in the match is fired.

As far as a stipulation goes, maybe Triple H turns this one into a No Holds Barred match at some point? Since Triple H and Stephanie are pushing for the "old Randy Orton" to come back, a No Holds Barred match would give Orton the perfect opportunity to prove himself as a vicious and cold-blooded monster.

A winner is just too hard to call now. I didn't expect Bryan to walk out of NOC as WWE Champion, but he did. Whoever wins this match, I think it'll be a close call to keep the momentum going into Hell In A Cell, or a fluke win to give the loser a legit reason for another rematch.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

There's talk right now that this will be some sort of gimmick match or special stipulations applied.

The talk right now is that Bryan vs. Orton at Battleground could be an Iron Man Match. This would allow WWE to do another indecisive or controversial finish to this match, allowing them to go at it at Hell in a Cell. Now the report doesn't state that WWE IS going to do an IMM or that an indecisive finish is planned, but that merely an observation of a possible outcome.

Personally, I'd be pissed if they had an IMM with a screwy finish. If they wanna do some sort of screwy finish, then fine, but not with an IMM. IMM, like HIAC, is supposed to be one of these few matches where a decisive winner is ALWAYS determined. A few years back in TNA, they had a 30 minute IMM between Bobby Roode & AJ Styles on ppv and the match ended in a "draw", only for the match to "continue" on the next episode of Impact in which Roode won about 5 minutes or so into the match. It reportedly pissed off a lot of people who ordered the ppv.

The point of an IMM is to determine a decisive winner but, unfortunately, I could see WWE going down this road. Since it looks as though Randy Orton is back to the Randy Orton "of old", namely by jacking up the ruthlessness of his character, WWE could have this additional aggressiveness as means of "upping" Orton's game to such a point that all Bryan is able to do is wrestle him to a standstill with HIAC, "the devil's playground", being used as the means of truly deciding a decisive winner.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2013, 10:24 AM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post

The talk right now is that Bryan vs. Orton at Battleground could be an Iron Man Match. This would allow WWE to do another indecisive or controversial finish to this match, allowing them to go at it at Hell in a Cell.

Personally, I'd be pissed if they had an IMM with a screwy finish. If they wanna do some sort of screwy finish, then fine, but not with an IMM. IMM, like HIAC, is supposed to be one of these few matches where a decisive winner is ALWAYS determined..
What if the screwy finish is Orton trapped in the Yes Lock!, with time expiring just as Orton is tapping out? That's less a screwy finish and more one of luck....for both parties.

Either way, I'd like to see the Ironman match happen. Orton was in the last IronMan match, against Cena, and it was No Holds Barred. What if they did that same match concept again, except for a half hour this time?

I like the idea of the feud continuing, but why does there have to be a screwy finish? What if one wins at Battleground, and they conclude the feud at Hell In A Cell?

I'm going to say Orton wins this, but reluctantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fabulous Rougeau's View Post

Or you can stretch that field to 14 (like at Mania IV and the 98 Survivor Series) and add:

Punk
Del Rio
RVD

Christian
Barrett
Ryback
Why would you devalue the World Championship even more, putting the World Heavyweight Champion and the #1 Contender into a feud for the WWE TItle?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 AM
WCW TV Champion

deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...deanerandterry scored a win over Santino Marella...

I hate the idea of a tournament, it's good on paper but it almost always fails on execution, just too many matches on a card and it drains the life out of the audience.

As of now I'm going with Orton winning this one. If they just do a regular 1 on 1 match then there is a lot of ways to get that title on Orton without Bryan getting pinned. You could do something along the lines of Bryan has Orton beat when Big Show comes out and decks Orton, leading him to win by DQ with the title in place. Also when its an Iron Man match its also easy to get the title on Orton with Bryan clearly being the better man. There are many ways to go about this but ultimately I think its clear cut that Orton is winning this one.

Right now I think HHH vs. Daniel Bryan will end up on Wrestlemania 30 (maybe even for the title) with Bryan finally getting his big win and ending the feud. It's a long ways away but as of now I'm gonna assume that this feud is going until Wrestlemania which is the right idea. Luckily with WM30 I think a ridiculously stacked card is in the books so this match will be one of the main events with maybe Taker vs. Cena or Taker vs. Lesnar closing the show (fingers crossed). Bryan will get a big match at WM30 no question but by that time it won't be Orton (at least I don't think so). To get to Triple H though he's gonna have to beat Orton first but Battleground is a little too soon for his time with Orton to be over and if he beats Orton there you gotta kill 6 months between the big Triple H/Bryan match.

All in all I'm going with Orton beating Bryan by shady circumstances to win the title and he will hold onto it probably until the Rumble when Bryan finally wins the title and finishes him off for good.