WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Uncle is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Best jobber in history?

Who will be the best/most famous jobber in history? I think Zack Ryder might go down in history as one of the best. But right now I'd have to give the tittle to Barry Horowitz... Santino has a spot in this discussion also.. Lets rate the best of the worst...

Jimmy Neutron: "Bring my screwdriver and my special CD of town-saving music."
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...

Best in what sense?
When I think of a jobber the first one that comes to mind is Brooklyn Brawler. He did the job for many years and definitely has to rank up there with the best known jobbers in in the history of the company.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Uncle is looking to come up from OCW...

I really don't want to limit what a jobber is.. Wrestling ability and or total ability to get over. Some people don't like to label this area.. What make a jobber?? There are many different aspects to consider. Just put down why your picking whoever..

BTW I totally agree with the Brawler...

Jimmy Neutron: "Bring my screwdriver and my special CD of town-saving music."
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Robotman is looking to come up from OCW...

For me it's a tie between Barry Horowitz and Brad Armstrong. Nobody could make a guy look like a beast in the ring yet still put on fantastic matches better than those two.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM

Lord_Frish is looking to come up from OCW...Lord_Frish is looking to come up from OCW...

Well a Jobber's job is to make the other person look amazing and in some cases to get the other person heat/crowd support. So really it seems best to look for someone who gets destroyed but in doing so elevates their opponents that much higher. I think Santino has a strong case for the best jobber ever. Santino was the runner up to Del Rio in a very memorable Royal Rumble moment, Santino was the last eliminated in an Elimination Chamber which Daniel Bryan won, and Santino's London Tea Party promo with Sheamus and Koslov really helped the crowd get into all three of them for a while. Santino was getting some amazing pops at the time for a jobber, although recently he lost steam and I believe he is injured he has done a great job at putting over heels over the years. He did pretty well as a heel putting over faces as well.

It is quite possible I am forgetting about some jobbers as most aren't really memorable in the first place. I do think Santino has done a great job at making other people look good though. He seems like someone that is willing to put his own ego aside to help others succeed and he is happy entertaining people along the way.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 PM

LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...

I have to throw out Al Snow, the leader of the Job Squad. Al would put on great matches and make the opponent looking good. Brad Armstrong is a good pick , though I really hated to look at him like a jobber. Going old school I will have to throw out Pat Rose from my days watching Georgia Championship Wrestling. He was a go to guy for jobbing to the likes of Harley Race, Rick Flair and many other great legends. I don't think I ever actually saw him win a match though his Bio shows 9 title runs spread across various promotions. Modern day I like Ziggler. I know he is being pushed and people give him crap for over selling but I find his way of taking bumps impressive and he has put over some guys in an impressive manner. He has done his fair share of jobbing over the years to get to where he is .
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Mr. Wrestling
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...

Barry Horowitz is the classic jobber. And Brad Armstrong is to WCW what Horowitz was to WWF. Santino has had too much success to be considered a jobber imo. Zack Ryder is probably this generations best jobber don't know about all time though.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Bookerkingston is looking to come up from OCW...

I thought about Mick Foley. It might not be fully correct to call him a jobber, but he spent so much of his time in WWF/E not trying to win the most titles or be number 1, but making the other guy look good. And he still stayed in the main event the whole time and even won the championship. He risked his body in matches so many times to help guys like Undertaker, The Rock, Kane, Triple H, Randy Orton, and Edge. He risked his life and he wanted something for people to remember about EACH and EVERY one of those matches(and he sure did) without actually winning it.

Last edited by Bookerkingston : 09-08-2013 at 07:39 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2013, 07:47 PM
A lemur party don't stop
WWF Hardcore Champion

Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...Spider Meng scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spider Meng

Doink, RIP.

Come on; who else is more deserving of complete slaughter than a clown? I can't remember in the history of clowndom a more deserving being than Doink to get demolished by another wrestler. Unless you count Dink, and no, you don't.

By all accounts, when he started out he wasn't a jobber anymore than Santino was. But now he is known for being an incredible one.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 PM

The Fig Lebowski is looking to come up from OCW...

I gotta go with Koko B. Ware.

Now he wasn't your typical jobber as you wouldn't see him take the pin for a Brooklyn Brawler or a Barry Horwitz but at most PPVs he would be the opening act. The Birdman gimmick coupled with his great music made him an instant face to take on whatever heel was being pushed at the time. I'm certain there is, but I can't call to mind one meaningful victory he has ever had, yet he's all Hall of Famer.

Good wrestler. Nothing too flashy (outside his attire) wrestling wise but solid and mostly mistake free, perfect elements to do the jobber's duty of putting over his opponent.

A jobber that was consistently on PPVs? That makes Koko the best.

This is supposed to be fun, people!!
sendpm.gif