WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default Orton VS. Bryan Looks To Be A Long Feud

According to a story that's featured on the main page and a few others, it's looking like WWE is going to have Orton vs. Bryan as the top feud running at least through Night of Champions, Battleground and Hell in a Cell. There's no word yet on whether Orton drops the title to Bryan but, reportedly, Orton is scheduled to be in the WWE Championship picture up until the Royal Rumble in 2014.

As for what I think will happen, I think Orton will manage to retain against Bryan at NOC and at Battleground. I think it'll most likely happen in some controversial fashion such as interference from The Shield or Triple H. I could also see some sort of screwjob ending involving Vince at either NOC or Battleground. Maybe someone who appears to be an ally of Bryan will turn against him at some point, winding up the newest member of this new power structure. I don't see Orton retaining cleanly against Bryan as it could result in Bryan losing momentum and the heels losing heat. They're getting great heat right now with their smugness and continuing to screw Bryan out of the title while keeping him looking strong can make them want to see the heels get their comeuppance all the more. I think Bryan will ultimately wind up having one more shot at HIAC and will regain the title. From there, he continues his feud by defending the title against Orton at Survivor Series and TLC. There's a possibility that their feud might go on as far as the Rumble with Orton getting one more chance to regain. Again, that's just my speculation as to how it will play out.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 08-31-2013, 11:57 AM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

The pay off with Bryan to put him over the top as a star is to have him win the title at Mania and not before. He can still feud with the First Family without being is title match after title match. Yes, he'll fight Irton at NoC, and we'll likely see a screwy finish, probably with the Shield. Then, at Battleground, Bryan against Orton in a no DQ. Shield costs him the title. In November at SS, have a 4 on 4 with Bryan, Miz, Show and Ziggler and the Shield and Orton. At HITC, Bryan vs Orton one on one in the Cell, where if Orton wins Bryan doesn't get another rematch, and Daniel loses. For the weeks leading up to RR, Bryan says that he actually can still get a shot by winning the Rumble. The First Family tells him that he has to qualify for the Rumble and they throw every obstacle at him, but he makes it. At the Rumble, Cena returns at number 30 again, and when it comes down to him and Bryan, Cena eliminates himself, out of respect. As a result, Bryan chooses Orton for the title at Mania. Also, HHH being pissed at Cena tells him that he has to fight the only man to decimate him at Mania, the Undertaker.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:03 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

LODemolition is looking to come up from OCW...LODemolition is looking to come up from OCW...LODemolition is looking to come up from OCW...LODemolition is looking to come up from OCW...LODemolition is looking to come up from OCW...LODemolition is looking to come up from OCW...

While I like the idea of an extended feud because it has that old school feel to it like Orton and Christian did a couple years ago, I just hope the life isn't sucked out of it and people stop caring by the time Bryan does actually win the title. Some things need to happen to keep it fresh if they plan to keep it going on as long as these reports indicate. I think Orton wins in controversial fashion at NOC, Battleground, and maybe even HIAC.

Eventually Bryan will get help (most likely from Big Show, Henry and Ziggler - maybe even Miz) so that Raw doesn't continue to end with Bryan getting laid out. I think Triple H also recruits 1 more guys, most likely Ryback or Barrett. What I really wouldn't mind seeing is a traditional Survivor Series elimination match where Orton and The Shield have to defend all their titles in the same match. I think Bryan is WWE Champion no later than TLC and goes into WMXXX to defend against Royal Rumble winner CM Punk.

Last edited by LODemolition : 08-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-31-2013, 12:29 PM

Perfected123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the part of the feud stretching to Hell in a Cell. These two are magic in the ring together. However, I don't like the fact that it says Orton will be in the title picture till Royal Rumble, that should be Bryan. I will be super pissed if Bryan drops the title back to Orton and is relegated down the card. He deserves better. I want him to eventually win the title and he be the man to go to the Rumble with the title, and possibly even Mania vs CM Punk.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:41 PM

cbxero is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2eh 2.0 View Post
The pay off with Bryan to put him over the top as a star is to have him win the title at Mania and not before. He can still feud with the First Family without being is title match after title match. Yes, he'll fight Irton at NoC, and we'll likely see a screwy finish, probably with the Shield. Then, at Battleground, Bryan against Orton in a no DQ. Shield costs him the title. In November at SS, have a 4 on 4 with Bryan, Miz, Show and Ziggler and the Shield and Orton. At HITC, Bryan vs Orton one on one in the Cell, where if Orton wins Bryan doesn't get another rematch, and Daniel loses. For the weeks leading up to RR, Bryan says that he actually can still get a shot by winning the Rumble. The First Family tells him that he has to qualify for the Rumble and they throw every obstacle at him, but he makes it. At the Rumble, Cena returns at number 30 again, and when it comes down to him and Bryan, Cena eliminates himself, out of respect. As a result, Bryan chooses Orton for the title at Mania. Also, HHH being pissed at Cena tells him that he has to fight the only man to decimate him at Mania, the Undertaker.
I was with you up until here. That wouldn't happen, nor would it make any sense. Why would he enter the Rumble for a title shot, only to give it up when he's down to the final two?
sendpm.gif
Old 08-31-2013, 01:16 PM
1/3 of Cerberus. 3/3 on one.
WWF Hardcore Champion

☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...☮ Spidey ✌ scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to ☮ Spidey ✌

For the title picture to garnish that much interest, Bryan will probably regain the belt just to lost it again in the following month. Only way I can see that working. Jackhammer called it I'm positive; someone close to Bryan is going to turn on him and join Triple H's regime. That will give Daniel Bryan someone to face at the next pay per view to give a short break, and then Bryan could pick up where he left off with Orton after that.

Cerberus Knocks.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-31-2013, 01:59 PM

oldschool123 is looking to come up from OCW...oldschool123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I have a bad feeling that they're going to screw this whole thing up and have Cena be the guy to take the corporation down when he comes back.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Future Endeavored

lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbxero View Post
I was with you up until here. That wouldn't happen, nor would it make any sense. Why would he enter the Rumble for a title shot, only to give it up when he's down to the final two?
In the real world, you are totally right. But the E needs a reason for Cena to come back and stay out of the title picture. Yes, they could have Bryan eliminate Cena, BUT, the E will want people to pop for Cena. They will want people to see him 'do the right thing'. His promo the next night explains in that him and Bryan fought hard, he got beat and Bryan got screwed and has continued to. He can even claim that Vince was rushing him to come back to be in the Rumble trying to say he should get revenge on Bryan and that he wasn't really ready.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Future Endeavored

They CANNOT have them face each other one on one at three consecutive PPVs and still hope that people care. One DQ, fine. One no DQ screwy finish, ok. Then it has to be a team elimination before they go one on one. Even at that, the BIG feud is with the First Family, with Orton being the rep. It has to look like Bryan is beating the odds and not just one guy. He needs to beat different guys to earn the top spot and the payoff is 70 000 people screaming YES, YES, YES at the Superdome. Anything else, or Bryan touching the title before that will be a failure.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:26 PM
"Original Blade"
WCW TV Champion

Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade

I've said it before, Bryan should have a short title reign between now and Wrestlemania. It gives the crowd a reason to stay behind Bryan is he beats Orton, only to get screwed by another heel from the Corporation. Then you slap the title on Bryan in a triumphant win at Wrestlemania.

There's only so many times we can watch Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton. Sure, they have great matches, but matches are only half of a feud. You also need angles and promos to keep the feud hot on TV. How long can they really drag that angle out without people losing interest? I mean, it's a good feud and a good angle, but it's not the NWO, it doesn't have a year's worth of potential to keep it going.

So yeah, give Bryan the title at Survivor Series or Hell in a Cell, then have him screwed out of the title by someone other than Orton. Get the Corporation a major new recruit (maybe Show, Henry, Miz or Ziggler if you want to swerve people), have him beat Bryan by interference, then Bryan wins the Rumble and takes the title back at Wrestlemania.