WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What should Ken Anderson do?
Resign 17 58.62%
Leave 12 41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM
POST OUTTA NOWHERE!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Ken Anderson's Contract is Expiring; Should He Leave?

PWInsider is reporting not only the problems between AJ Styles and TNA, but also between Ken Anderson and the company when it comes to renew their contracts. Some websites are reporting that Ken Anderson's contract expires at September 12 and that TNA is asking for him to lower his salary, which isn't working out.

As a fan I gotta say it hurts to see Ken Anderson going without accomplishing anything really relevant in his career. He was at some point the total package and people really bought that he could have been the one to push TNA up in the wrestling landscape. Instead of it, he got a push, a championship and then that was it. His history with injuries is documented and since he's a former WWE alumni, he's probably getting paid a lot more money than most of the guys. For me, unfortunately I think that his time is running out. He isn't doing anything worth watching right now, being involved in this Aces & Eights angle and what not...

But forget about me!
  • What do you say about Ken Anderson possible departure?
  • Do you think he'll resign or try his luck in the WWE world once more?
  • General thoughts on the TNA career of Anderson.

~~ ICHI-BAN-SUGEE-NO-WA PURORESU NAN-DA-YO! ~~
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Champion Pudding Stacker
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Anderson is a good fit in TNA where he is now. He never fit as the top guy in the company but as second in command of a heel stable he's fitting in quite well. Anderson is an asset to TNA as most of his major success has been there.

As for going back to WWE, I don't know if they'd take him. he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in TNA and he left WWE because of injuries and not being trustworthy due to wellness issues. Anderson is 37 years old and I don't think there's enough value there for a big WWE run. I'd get it if he tried, but he's probably better in TNA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

The working theory at the moment is that the Aces & Eights are going to end by Bound For Glory, so Anderson would be in a position to re-invent himself again from that point forward. Personally, I'd re-sign him. He's been one of their better performers for a few years now, and I didn't see the failure in his World Title days the way so many others did. I actually still think he's something you can build around.

But regardless, he's still a good fit. So long as the money is right for both sides, I see no reason why either would bail on re-signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:26 PM
WWE European Champion

hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...

If I were Ken Anderson, I'd stay exactly where I am and count my blessings that I'm still employed in the professional wrestling business, with the number two promotion no less. If that meant taking a slight pay cut, then so be it.

I doubt WWE has any interest in him whatsoever, so if I were him, I think I would be very careful about burning my bridges in TNA on the expectation that he is heading back to WWE. Even if the powers that be took a collective brain cramp and took him back, he's never going to be a major player in WWE. I think he should stay where he is. Otherwise he is likely looking at either premature retirement, a career step backwards, or finishing up his days in jobberville.

At least in TNA, he's Vice President of Aces and Eights. Small accomplishment but likely more favourable than the alternatives.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 PM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
If I were Ken Anderson, I'd stay exactly where I am and count my blessings that I'm still employed in the professional wrestling business, with the number two promotion no less. If that meant taking a slight pay cut, then so be it.

I doubt WWE has any interest in him whatsoever, so if I were him, I think I would be very careful about burning my bridges in TNA on the expectation that he is heading back to WWE. Even if the powers that be took a collective brain cramp and took him back, he's never going to be a major player in WWE. I think he should stay where he is. Otherwise he is likely looking at either premature retirement, a career step backwards, or finishing up his days in jobberville.

At least in TNA, he's Vice President of Aces and Eights. Small accomplishment but likely more favourable than the alternatives.
Agreed, to if he was given a decent storyline he might be able to work with it, he's not totally useless he just lacks any engagement to the fans other then the KENEDY or ANDERSON chant, no way in hell would WWE want him back and as you said if they did he would be lower midcard at best.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:19 PM
What's the craic?
WCW TV Champion

FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...

Going back to WWe will NEVER happen - he's hated by at least two of the top guys (Cena and Orton), hasn't come close to doing anything significant enough in TNA for WWe top brass to overlook that and his age is well against him.

RoH? I'd be highly surprised because I don't think his ring style would mesh and I doubt they'd be looking to pay his wage demands given that he has never proven any drawing power.

Japan? Ken's biggest attribute is his promo ability... not a factor in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Anderson is well down the TNA Totem Pole currently; so if he leaves, he leaves - it'll not hurt IW one little bit. But I really don't see any alternative for him than to re-sign with TNA unless he is sufficiently financially stable or has something else he can fall back on.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
WCW TV Champion

George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...

From what I've watched of Impact over the last two weeks, Anderson and Tessmacher's attire have been the most entertaining aspects. His backstage conversation with Bully, "can you beat him?" - "I DON'T KNOW!!!" was some pretty good unintentional comedy. I don't see many people on the roster that can carry a segment like he can. I've never been much of a fan, his voice is cool, it kind of remind me of a dubbed English voice on an old Japanese karate movie. He just looks and acts stupid and not in a heel way, in a "what the fuck is wrong with you?" kind of way.

So I think he should stick with TNA. Maybe he can't keep his pay scale but if they meet his market price I can't see why he would want to leave at this point. All of this is hard to say seeing that there are so many variables we don't know.

Nolan - sorry my post sucked but here's a tip: in a context like this it is best to use the word "re-sign" as opposed to "resign". It looks like you are asking us if Anderson should quit or leave.
GSB Stunning Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Paul Heyman and Paul Giammatti in the same room at the same time and neither have you.

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 08-23-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 PM

Haight is looking to come up from OCW...

I distinctly remember an interview by Anderson in which he stated that he did not
want to be the kind of wrestler who went past his prime. When it was time to leave,
he said he would leave. He gave a time frame of about 5 years. This was about 2 or
3 years ago. With that said however, I like him...he's entertaining and his best work
has been with A&8 IMO. He would make a good president should the club continues. I
sensed a little friction between Bully and him so who knows? BTW your poll didn't include 'none of the above' so I didn't vote.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
Intercontinental Champion

THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...

Anderson is in a different position to guys like Christian, RVD who have returned or guys like Morrison and MVP who have yet to. He left cos he was buried (I think unfairly) by Randy Orton and perhaps an assist from Cena... That Orton is currently champion and back in the good graces more than anything would make it hard to see Ken back...

BUT

he could certainly play a role in the E right now, similar to R-Truth when he came in, a moderate push with a clean slate...If the issues were about safety and experience, he has had several years more now without coming close to hurting someone, so immediately he gets some "benefit of the doubt" in that perhaps guys were protecting their positions rather than their bodies.... He will guarantee a pop and if done on a PPV a ratings boost for RAW and he is someone who can go against a Curtis Axel, Bray Wyatt and help them improve - in and out of the ring as he had the tough run, he will have knowledge to share...

As of today AJ is more likely to show up - but Vince would be dumb to not consider using Anderson, even on a short term deal.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I haven't really been a fan of Anderson in TNA until his run in Aces and Eights oddly enough. He has played his role very well. I actually think he should try his luck in WWE, mostly because I always wonder what could have been for him. He could easily fit in the World Title picture going against Christian, Del Rio, and RVD. Will be interesting to see what he does, but odds are he will re sign with TNA imo.