WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Should Jim Johnston be in the Hall Of Fame?
Yes 42 97.67%
No 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Former WCW TV Champion

Magic Mark is looking to come up from OCW...
Question Jim Johnston for WWE Hall Of Fame?

I was on Wikipedia doing whatever and all of a sudden i'm on the WWE Music Group page. Looking at all the songs that were composed by Jim Johnston really made me wonder, should he be a Hall Of Famer? May be a long shot to some, but I think that Jim is an unsung hero in WWE/WWF. Without him, Superstars would of come out to some generic rock song like most of the TNA guys. Sure, he didn't compose ALL of the themes, but look at the wrestlers that got there theme song from Jim: Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Mick Foley, and countless others. Can you imagine these guys making there entrance WITHOUT these kickass songs? Not at all. I think that he deserves it more than guys like Drew Carey and Donald Trump. I'm not asking for them to make him headline the Hall Of Fame ceremony, but just an ordinary induction.

So, what do you guys think? Should Jim Johnston be in the WWE Hall Of Fame?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:59 AM
i'm a paul heyman guy.

thenextbigthing is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes. He absolutely should.

An induction should be gained due to an exceptional contribution to the landscape of the WWE and Jim more than meets that criteria. I agree with you. Is he big enough to headline? Nowhere near it, but he's more than deserving of the nod.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Behold my diction
Knockout Champion

enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...

CM Punk grammar slam my friend, look it up.

Anywho, this is actually a very good idea. I hadn't thought of Jim as a potential HOF inductee, but it makes a lot of sense. The Hulk Hogan theme is especially timeless, I have that on my playlist when I go running. He had a knack for writing music and devoted himself to accentuating and amplifing the presence of our favorite performers. I doubt if very many people know the man behind the music. The only way I could see this not happening is if he's one of those artists like Lorenzo Music who would almost never make a public appearance.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android
Old 08-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Lou Thesz' Favorite Son
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I've always thought he should be, but after the Fandango thing people were clamoring for it as well and I felt the same feeling I got when people started listening to a band I listened to before they got popular.

But yeah, he should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBlack View Post
No I wouldn't fuck my sister if she was as hot as Cersei
Old 08-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Typical Immature Wrestling Fan

The Shining Wizard is looking to come up from OCW...

● Should Jim Johnston be in the WWE Hall Of Fame?
He most definitely should. The guy has made some really important contributions to the wrestling world. He has churned out some great themes that have helped define some of wrestling's greatest performers.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:29 PM
I Am Jericho

Max220298 is looking to come up from OCW...Max220298 is looking to come up from OCW...Max220298 is looking to come up from OCW...Max220298 is looking to come up from OCW...

Jim Johnston, forgetting the fact he works to provide the WWE with music, is just a great song writer and musician. He gets it, he understands it. If you go on YouTube, or just listen to those around, they are forever saying "best WWE theme ever" or "best entrance music ever". That must mean something. The iconic songs he has written and collaborated with.

It's the simple things, like the glass shatters for Stone Cold Steve Austin, the gong for The Undertaker, "If You Smell" for The Rock, hell, the static for CM Punk. All these small things that, in one second, can make an entire arena lift to its feet. Considering how many songs he has made over such a long period of time, you can't deny his musical talent.

When it comes to outsiders collaborating with him, he gets it on the money. Disturbed for Stone Cold is my all time favorite, Motorhead for Triple H and Evolution, Rev Theory for Randy Orton, Alter Bridge for Edge (yes, I know "Metalingus" is an actual song from "One Day Remains", I am a big fan, I know), this man gets it, whether he has to write from scratch or has to reorganize a song he knows will fit.

In a way, his Hall of Fame induction will mirror the likes of Howard Finkel and "Mean" Gene Okerlund. Their talents can only be realized looking back. When the Fink was at WrestleMania I, I don't think anyone considered him to go into any Hall of Fame class. When Okerlund said that famous attendance line at WrestleMania III, same goes for him. He is an unsung hero, sometimes music makes the difference for superstars, and he has, nine times out of ten, got it right. Full deserving.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:14 PM

fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes. Absolutely. His music helped DEFINE the greatest stars in wrestling history...in fact entrance music is part of what made the great stars, such as Austin, larger than life, so to speak.

So yes, hall of fame.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:47 PM

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

For sure. WWF/WWE would not have been the success it was today without the entrance themes of most of the Superstars that have ever competed in the WWF/WWE. And Jim Johnston is the guy that made most of those iconic theme tunes. They added something to every single performers aura. There is no doubt he should be in. Get him in Vince!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:29 PM

Jerichoholic8894 is looking to come up from OCW...Jerichoholic8894 is looking to come up from OCW...

Absolutely. The HOF is the only true way to show appreciation to those behind the scenes who helped enhance the show.

You may not think the theme music matters, but nothing gets the heart pumping like some Glass Shattering or a Gong.

I'm all for it!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:51 PM
ROH Pure Champion

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

He has contributed immensely to the WWE product. We all have a favourite theme song and he has his name on a lot of them. Never mind being good themes but simply decent songs. If ring-announcers and commentators get inducted then I think he should be as well.

A counter-argument is that if he gets inducted then when does it end. We could then say that the people who create video packages should be induced - they contribute to the product. However, Jim Johnston has clearly done an incredible amount for the company and it wouldn't hurt if he was a the 7th inductee one year.