10-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Redemption Fun Facts
Hello WZCW. I took the liberty of going back through the past Redemption PPVs and gathering some statistics and facts that you might find interesting. Enjoy!
- While Redemption is the start of WZCW's calendar year after its pinnacle event in Kingdom Come, this year will actually only be the 5th installment. This is because Unscripted was actually the first recorded WZCW PPV.
- Famed Wrestlezone Forum user, The Mighty Norcal, actually competed at the first Redemption for sole ownership of the tag team titles.
- Drake Callahan is undefeated (3-0) at Redemption. That's right, 3-0 despite only competing at two of the four PPVs! This is due to last year where Drake bested Matt Tastic to the enter the six-pack main-event early in the night and then overcame five incredible opponents, including the champion, "Showtime" David Cougar, to become the new WZCW World Heavyweight Champion.
Mayhem Title Facts
- Talk about humble beginnings for the PPV and Mayhem Title. Widely criticized and former fed member Milenko was actually the first WZCW wrestler to ever hold the Mayhem Championship at Redemption. He won the vacant title at the first PPV.
- While Vega passed Alex Bowen's historic 19 round reign this past round with a full 20, he still needs one more defense to best the former King of Mayhem. As it stands, Bowen and Vega have both successfully defended the Mayhem Title 6 times during their respective reigns. Winning at Redemption '13 will put Vega at 7.
- Titus has never won the Mayhem Championship despite being a former two-time World Heavyweight Champion, Elite X Champion, and Lethal Lottery winner.
- Titus is 3-1 at Redemption. His only loss came last year when he failed to win the Six-Pack Challenge for the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion.
- The Redemption PPV holds an odd record of having the most diverse number of champions for the Mayhem Title, or any title for that matter. Because of the 24/7 rule at Redemption #2 and the Mayhem Scramble last year, Redemption has experienced 10 different (9 unique) champions at the event. Those names include: Milenko, Scott Hammond (2), John Smith, Killjoy, Alex Bowen, Justin Cooper, Derek Jacobs, Connor Reese, and Ace Stevens.
Tag Team Title Facts
- If Saboteur wins with his mystery partner at Redemption, he will, alone, break the tied 10-round reign record of The Brothers in Arms and Runn Reynolds Runn. By going into Redemption '13 as tag team champions he ties them both.
- Redemption '12 was the night that Saboteur & Action Saxton began their first Tag Team Titles reign.
- If Steven Holmes' team wins at Redemption he will be a two-time Tag Team Champion.
- If Celeste Crimson wins at Redemption it will be her first title win ever in her long 4-5 year career.
- The retention rate for the defending Tag Team Champions at Redemption? A confidence-shattering 0%.
Elite X Title Facts
- This will be S.H.I.T.'s first title defense ever on a WZCW PPV.
- Matt Tastic has competed at 75% of the Redemption PPVs. He has also used three different aliases: Killjoy, Baez, and Matt Tastic.
- If Matt Tastic wins at Redemption it will be his first title win outside of the Mayhem Division.
- The Elite X Champion has retained 50% of the time at Redemption PPVs.
EurAsian Title Facts
- The EurAsian Title, along with the World Title, was not defended at the first Redemption.
- Redemption is the first PPV that Chris K.O. was a officially apart of the company with two years ago.
- Last year, Chris K.O. was in the main-event of Redemption versus Ty Burna in a Casket Match.
- This will be James Howard's and Mikey Stormrage's first singles title shot in WZCW.
- The EurAsian Title has been defended by great superstars like Big Dave, Blade, and Rush at the Redemption PPV.
- The EurAsian Champion at the Redemption PPV has retained 100% of the time.
World Title Facts
- As noted earlier, the World Title was not defended at Redemption #1. The title was vacant at the time.
- Last year, Showtime defended the world title in a six-pack challenge. Showtime hopes that this year goes better for him as he lost the title to Drake Callahan a year ago.
- Barbosa is 0-2 at the Redemption PPV. At Redemption #3 he lost to WZCW Hall of Famer, Everest, and last year he lost in the six-pack World Title Challenge.
- Showtime is 0-3 at the Redemption PPV. Thus meaning that for the first time, either Barbosa or Showtime will get their first win at the Redemption PPV.
- Despite a 0-3 record for Showtime, Redemption '13 will mark the 3rd consecutive year that Showtime is competing in a world title match at the Redemption PPV.
- If Barbosa wins at Redemption, it will be his second WZCW World Heavyweight Championship. Showtime is currently on his third reign.
"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand