WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-24-2013, 06:02 AM
The Doctor Of Veganomics!!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...
Lightbulb Who Is The Sheilds Real Potential Breakout Star.... IYO?

I'm sure there are a lot of you on this site that are fans of "The Hounds Of Justice", but there will be a time when they have to disband and make a name for themselves in singles competition. My question to you is, who do you think has the potential to be cream of the crop in this trio? Who do you feel will be a top main eventer for the years to come? There is a lot of buzz around Dean Ambrose being that guy, while I am not against that opinion, I think Seth Rollins has more natural and athletic abilities and has a great look. He's good on the mic and all around good performer. His singles matches have been awesome.

Ambrose seems to be the more relaxed of the three. He has the confidence of a 20 year veteran. His erratic behavior in the ring, his jittery movements scream psycho heel and he's a great talker. I take nothing away from him. I think he is going to be a major player too... Just not my guy though.

Reigns looks like the type of guy that will benefit from a Batista, like push. Outside of being a big string looking guy and family lineage, what else is there at this point in his career?

Anyway, who are your pick(s) as the guy to bring it on the main event level?

Come back to us Daniel...
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

At this point in time, based simply on what we've seen thus far, Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins seem to be the most likely ones to be the big breakout star of the group. Roman Reigns has done really well as the group's muscle and his speaking role, while limited compared to Ambrose & Rollins, has been quite solid.

When it comes to promos & overall charisma, Ambrose is the standout. The way he carries himself, the way he's able to use his facial expressions & body language and the use of psychology whether on the mic or in a match are all top notch While Rollins hasn't been as good, he's still been very good in my opinion. I think he could only improve as time goes on and gradual changes eventually come to his character. As far as the in-ring work goes, Rollins has the more athletic & faster paced style than Ambrose, which only helps to make Rollins stand out in his own right. Reigns has the best overall look of the group without question. In all honesty, when you look at Reigns, his physical resemblance to The Rock is very noticeable. His skin tone is the same, the features of his face are quite similar and he has a great build. If you were to put them side by side and put long straight black hair on The Rock with a goatee, they could possibly pass for twins. While Reigns hasn't shown himself to be as strong in terms of personality as Ambrose & Rollins, he's done great as the muscle of the group and comes off well as an athletic powerhouse in the ring, though not so powerful that he comes off as completely overwhelming.

The Undertaker is alleged to have really praised all three of them, believing that there's big money in the long run when it comes to all of them. However, if I had to go with one right now, I'd have to say Ambrose. The biggest factor in making a star is how they're able to connect with fans as a character and keep them interested in what they're doing. As of right now, that's probably Ambrose's strongest suit.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I'd bet on Roman Reigns making it huge over the other two. But I think all will be a success.

I see Rollins as a slow burner. Somebody like Punk who will eventually catch on big after several years of doing very little. I imagine most people will pick Ambrose, though I'm still not convinced by him. I like him and all, but I just don't see a future headliner there at all. That's me basing it solely on his look.

Reigns is big and handsome and that'll take you very far in WWE. Even if you're limited, which is is currently.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 PM
WWE European Champion

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is very difficult to predict. Prior to there WWE debut, I knew very little about each man (except some thought Ambrose was the Messiah). I have been very impressed so far by each of them, individually and as a stable.

Ambrose is the singles star. He is the one with the US title which suggests the WWE are focusing on him. Moreover, he does the majority of the speaking in promos and has even done some individually. He is clearly talented in the ring and the way he speaks is unique - in a good way.

Rollins is, in my opinion, the most talented in the ring. I really think that he can put on top quality matches. Reigns has that intimating look which helps.

The Shield's exposure is limited but I would like to see Rollins/Reigns deliver some promos. All three will be successful; I can see all three being world-champs but Ambrose has been given the US title suggesting he will go the furthest. Also, I like his uniqueness when delivering promos and his ring-work. Therefore, I pick Dean Ambrose but all there will be successful.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Smaaaart Maaaaarks.

BrianFNPillman is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Skype™ to BrianFNPillman

I've been a fan of Ambrose for years now, even if he doesn't have the "look" the way he handles himself in the ring and the way he pulls off that "insane for the sake of insane" gimmick in FCW was fantastic. I can see him being a mainstay.

Rollins is another solid in ring worker that could get over just on that, doesn't have the same level of confidence on the mic as Ambrose, but he's got that "alternative" look going on, which could fill a void in the market that the 'Es been missing since one certain "enigma" decided he'd go do a load of Coke in Orlando.

Now Reigns. When he first came in I thought he was just some big meathead hired for the sake of having a decent "look" and because on their own Rollins and Ambrose were "too small." Then came that fateful night he uttered the phrase "Get up fools! This is my table now!" And I've been won over since, I think should the time he ever breaks out on his own (regardless of being a face or heel) he definitely has that level of dry wit to win the audience over without being too goofy.

"Gentlemen, we are the Commando Elite. Everything else is just a toy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
I like the bit where Jim Cornette talks about attitude and professionalism.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm an Eve Torres Guy

#MrScissorsKick is looking to come up from OCW...#MrScissorsKick is looking to come up from OCW...#MrScissorsKick is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to #MrScissorsKick

None. If I was the WWE I'd have them continue for The Shield to stay as a group. In reality, all tag-teams burn out, or eventually dissolve into each other's singles careers individually. I keep forgetting however, that The Shield are still very young. Not age wise, but they've only been on the Main Roster since Survivor Series of last year. If the WWE's plan is to eventually push all three into singles competition, I'd say give them another year or so because they're not ready yet for that. Ambrose may be the most mature and seasoned of the 3 but ultimately doesn't mean he'll be the most succesful. Dean Ambrose is very good on the mic and very good in the ring. Most people would agree that as of right now, Ambrose is the guy who could be the best superstar of the group. Roman Reigns is a guy that has the "look" and who has the in-ring tools and moveset to eventually become a bright superstar. His biggest weakness is his mic work which can be improved over time. That leads to Seth Rollins. In my view, Rollins is the least appreciated of the three. Forget what Rollins did in the Indy's because that's not what matters now that he has hit the big leagues. Rollins is capable of producing some quality matches on his own, but is best in tag-teams. He is also, like Dean Ambrose, a decent speaker but not as in depth as Ambrose is. Stables and Factions are a rarity in the WWE these days. As a group, The Shield has been unstoppable. From Orton/Hell No to Cena/Ryback/Sheamus The Shield has been able to work together to get the job done.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Stabbing The Drama

Starkist is looking to come up from OCW...Starkist is looking to come up from OCW...Starkist is looking to come up from OCW...Starkist is looking to come up from OCW...Starkist is looking to come up from OCW...

Roman Reigns. He is my pick for potential break out star. He has the look, power, speed, and agility to make it very far. Although he might be limited now, he can learn a few moves to add to his arsenal. He could get over if pushed in almost an Umaga kind of way. Just destroy everyone and kick ass. A decent mouth piece for him or if he can get better on his own then their is major potential with him.

The other two, I am not all that big on. Dean is good and is great worker. Same with Rollins as these two are almost even in having that so called IT factor. Only thing Dean beats Rollins is usage of the mic. Dean has the better mic skills of the three. I see these two going far, but with them I'd have to give them more time than I see Roman achieve more success faster.

But who knows, in the land of WWE, pushes come to a screeching halt in a matter of seconds. For all we know, they might fizzle out to eventually go absolute nowhere like Legacy.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I can see all three of them becoming big stars. Ambrose is the best out of the three both in the ring and on the mic so I think he will be the biggest star of the three in the end. He'll likely move on to be a top heel for years to come with multiple world title reigns. Rollins has a ton of potential too and I could see him getting a main event push as a face. Imagine a face Rollins chasing a heel WWE Champion in Ambrose. The two would have a ton of history by that point and it's a feud I would love to see in the future.

Reigns is probably going to get a world title shot first although I don't think he will see as much success as either Ambrose or Rollins. They both have more potential and are better in the ring as well as in promos. Ambrose is the best, Rollins second, and Reigns third. I predict their success later down the line will be the same order in terms of most successful to least. All three members of The Shield are destined for greatness and careers most would only dream of if this past year is any indication of their future though.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 07-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

For me, it's Seth Rollins. I think when you look at the paths that Punk and Bryan have taken, Vince has gained respect for that path, and since Rollins has done his time and not been a squeaky wheel in FCW, there are big things ahead. That being said, I think it'll take a slow burn approach.

For Vince, however, I'm sure he sees the money in Reigns. The reality is that he seems to be currently seeing what Ambrose can do and testing him. He's likely got a big push crush all lined up for Reigns, and will let Rollins bide his time the same way Punk and Bryan did.

In short the one most likely is Reigns, the one I'd like most of Rollins, but realistically, they'll all be around for a long time.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:52 PM
"Original Blade"
WCW TV Champion

Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade

The exciting thing about the Shield is that all three of them have the potential to be a break-out star. Why does there even need to be just one break-out star? Have you seen how good the Shield are?

Each of them has their own strengths. Rollins and his athleticism, Ambrose and his promos, Reigns and his look. In their own respective fields, they're as good as the best. I think the biggest break-out star comes down to whoever becomes more of an all-rounder, because those are the kind of guys who are excelling in WWE right now.

If Reigns or Rollins find a persona or gimmick that helps them on the mic like Bray Wyatt does for Rotunda, then they'll become huge. Ambrose, however, is a close to an all-rounder who just happens to excel at promos. He's got good charisma, a unique look, and he's decent in the ring, especially at ring psychology.

So right now, Ambrose is in pole position to be the biggest star. But the right gimmick adjustment or promo epiphany for the other two, and that could all change.