WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Interactive > The Writing Gallery > The Writing Gallery Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...
Default November 22, 2001: SMACKDOWN (cont)

The cameras switch back to the backstage area where Lilian Garcia is stood waiting. She introduces Chris Jericho who looks pissed off about something as he waits. He stands there as Lilian asks Jericho for his thoughts on the impending tournament to crown the first ever WWF Undisputed Champion and the inclusion of Goldberg. Jericho rolls his eyes before he responds …

CHRIS JERICHO: Thank you for asking Vivienne, I don’t know where you come up with the ideas for questions, I really don’t. Every night, you astound me with how pointless and irrelevant they are. But let me tell you this, you’re right to ask about Goldberg. Goldberg. The man who took the old WCW by storm and walked over everybody until he was the dominant force in the wrestling industry. I know what everybody out there is thinking …

Jericho puts his finger up to highlight his points further …

CHRIS JERICHO: They’re thinking about the night that Goldberg debuts here in the World Wrestling Federation in two weeks time at Undisputed. They’re getting excited, they’re getting worked up, they’re ready to explode at the idea of Goldberg facing some of the best talent here in the WWF. Matches like Goldberg against … Stone Cold Steve Austin for example …

Jericho lets the idea settle and the crowd pop at the idea of Goldberg vs. Austin …

CHRIS JERICHO: What about Goldberg one on one with the Olympic gold medal winning … Kurt Angle?

Less of a pop for this but there is a good reaction; people like the idea of Goldberg destroying the Olympic champion.

CHRIS JERICHO: Goldberg against … The Rock?

Huge cheers for this, what a match that would be!

CHRIS JERICHO: There is even the chance of Goldberg going up against the Deadman, the Undertaker.

Positive reaction for Goldberg vs. Taker and Jericho smiles and nods his head in agreement.

CHRIS JERICHO: All great matches, I agree. However, there is one match that nobody is thinking about isn’t there? What about Goldberg, on his debut night in the World Wrestling Federation, against the Ayatollah … of ROCK N ROLLA! What about Goldberg against Chris Jericho?

The New Orleans crowd jeer Jericho for this idea and he smirks again.

CHRIS JERICHO: I know what you’re all thinking, you’re thinking that the only way Goldberg will be facing Jericho would be in the Quarter Finals where he would run over him on his way to becoming the Undisputed WWF Champion. Am I right?

The agreement from the crowd can be heard clearly and Jericho smiles again.

CHRIS JERICHO: However, I would like to point something out to all of you. In WCW, when I was the new guy in town, I had problems with Goldberg; I did everything I could to get under his skin and get a match with him. And how did he react? He ignored me. He blanked me. He believed that I was worthless, that I was not worthy of his time, he refused to face me in the ring. Why? Because even then he knew … He could not beat me. While all of you think Goldberg is going to come to the WWF and railroad his way through everybody, I have news for you. To do that, he will have to defeat me, Chris Jericho. And Goldberg …

Jericho looks directly into the camera now addressing the man who will soon debut in the WWF …

CHRIS JERICHO: Let me tell you, I am not the man you ignored in the WCW. I am the man who runs this joint. I am the man who has beaten The Rock not once, not twice but three times, I am the man who had the balls to go after the Undertaker and take him out this Monday night on RAW.

Jericho steps back and looks around – no sign of Taker. He smirks.

CHRIS JERICHO: Even the Undertaker himself knows that Chris Jericho is the man to beat around here now. I don’t care who I face at Undisputed, I don’t care about which three I have to face, even you Goldberg, I will be the first ever WWF Undisputed Champion … and the WWF will NEVER …

Jericho snatches the microphone from Lilian Garcia …

CHRIS JERICHO: … EVER …

The crowd are chanting along with him but Jericho laughs to throw them off the chant …

CHRIS JERICHO: … BE THE SAME … AGAIN!

Michael Cole and Tazz hype up the impending arrival of Goldberg in two weeks at Undisputed and whether or not he will face Jericho in the tournament. Tazz warns against underestimating Jericho who has been on a roll lately and says he is his darkhorse pick to win the tournament and be the first ever Undisputed Champion. As Jericho exits, looking round as he does, Cole says that Jericho looks nervous about the whereabouts of the Deadman – and coming next, the X-Factor, who accompanied Jericho on RAW when they beat down Taker and Kane, will face the Hardy Boys in a big tag team match as the Tag Team division hots up.

***** COMMERCIAL BREAK *****

SMACKDOWN returns with a special edition of “FROM THE VAULT” as we take a look back at a Tag Team Championship match from May 2001 between the then Tag Team Champions – The “Two Man Power Trip” Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H – and their challengers, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit.

(Watch from about 11:00 onwards)

Michael Cole then explains that at the end of that emotionally charged match, Triple H was injured and has been out of action since that day but will return this Monday night on RAW when he enters the tournament to crown the Undisputed WWF Champion. Cole recaps the words of Vince McMahon from earlier in the night and informs us that it will be Test vs. Triple H on Monday when the Game returns from his injury hell. Cole then introduces a sit-down interview, conducted by RAW commentator Jim Ross, with Triple H ahead of his return on Monday.

Quote:
WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION HEADQUARTERS
Stamford, CT

As the taped interview begins, the SMACKDOWN crowd are silenced and we see a darkened room with a few dim lights – just enough to show that we have two leather couches, a table between them with jugs of water and two men – Jim Ross and “The Game” Triple H. Both men are looking relaxed despite the differences the pair of them have had during the past few years here in the World Wrestling Federation and JR begins the interview.

JIM ROSS: Ladies and Gentlemen, I wanna’ welcome back the four time WWF Champion, a man that I haven’t always seen eye-to-eye with during his career here in the WWF but a man who I do respect as a terrific in-ring worker: Triple H. Welcome back, sir.

The Game smiles and reaches across the table to offer JR a handshake …

TRIPLE H: Thank you, JR, that means a lot. Frankly, I know that during my time here in the WWF, I’ve acted like a bit of an ass- well, you know what. But in these past few months, I’ve had time to think about the type of person that I wanna’ be. I want it to be known, right here on record, that I apologise for any mistreatment of you that I may have caused or orchestrated.

JR smiles and shakes the hand of Hunter and immediately, we know that he is coming back as a good guy.

JIM ROSS: Well, seeing as you’ve brought it up, let’s get straight to the point in question. For the last six months, you’ve been out of action here in the World Wrestling Federation, out of the game some might say. Can you update us on your condition and your status?

TRIPLE H: My condition and status is very simple, JR. I’m ready to come back, I’m raring to go. If I wasn’t 100% ready, I wouldn’t be here to discuss my return. Fact is, I’ve been out of action for over six months, I’m back on Monday night on RAW – I’m told I’ll be facing Test or Edge in a pre-qualifying match for a shot at the qualifying round of the tournament to crown an Undisputed WWF Champion. And let me tell you something, JR, let me tell the whole world right now – I intend to come back and be the Undisputed WWF Champion.

JIM ROSS: And are you definitely 100% ready to go?

TRIPLE H: Sure thing, JR, 100%. Truth be told, I was ready to come back two or three weeks ago but I kinda’ had a conflict of interest going on, if you know what I mean. My wife was, err, trying to kill the company? (Triple H laughs to himself) Knowing that the whole Alliance and WWF thing was going to end, one way or another, at Survivor Series, I was happy just to wait a day or two. Either way, I’m pretty sure I had a job.

JIM ROSS: Can I ask your reaction to the actions of your wife, Stephanie, since you brought her up?

HHH chuckles to himself.

TRIPLE H: Really? JR, you don’t wanna’ know!

JIM ROSS: While you were away injured, Stephanie bought ECW and teamed up with Shane to try and take out the WWF. I can only imagine what you were thinking watching on TV.

TRIPLE H: JR, sometimes in life, particularly when you’re married, you just have to bite your lip and keep quiet. Let’s just say I’ve been biting my lip a lot more than usual recently. Will that do?

JR smirks and shares a knowing look with HHH before carrying on.

JIM ROSS: Back to the injury, you suffered a tear of your quadriceps muscle – an injury that threatens careers, an injury that has ended careers. Were you ever worried that your career was over?

TRIPLE H: The problem with an injury like the one I suffered is that, in the early stages, there is nothing you can do about it. All you can do is wait for the doctors and surgeons to tell you the severity of it and when you can start the recovery process. It’s an incredibly frustrating time and it gets you down, for sure. The worst time is the few weeks immediately after the injury, that’s when you can allow that thought of “Will I ever wrestle again?” get into your head – and once it is in your head, it’s difficult to remove that thought, you know?

JIM ROSS: How did you overcome it?

TRIPLE H: All you can do is focus yourself on the end goal. Focus on what you want to achieve when you get back, believe that you will get back.

Triple H looks pained as he thinks back to that stage of his recovery.

JIM ROSS: Did you watch RAW and SMACKDOWN? Were you watching the “Invasion” unfolding?

TRIPLE H: No. I’ve since learned how it all began, how it all unfolded but I wasn’t watching wrestling for a long time. It wasn’t until I started stepping up my recuperation and my physiotherapy to build up the leg once more. About the same time as I was hitting the gym, September 11th happened and I heard about the RAW show the following Monday. I had to watch, I felt duty bound as an employee of the WWF and as an American.

Triple H looks on thoughtfully.

TRIPLE H: That brought me back into watching the shows regularly. I started watching RAW and SMACKDOWN once more, I started thinking about how I wanted to return. September 11th made me think. When I saw Kurt Angle defeat Austin, finally, at Unforgiven, I realised that a lot of the things that I was standing for – the sneaky ways, the use of the authority – was just not right anymore. I saw Kurt beat Austin and I thought to myself that was what I wanted. I wanted to be the hero, the person that the WWF audience could look up to.

JIM ROSS: You mention Austin, people have been suggesting that there might be some bad blood between the two of you over the way he bad-mouthed you in the immediate aftermath of the injury. Your thoughts?

TRIPLE H: My thoughts on Austin? I didn’t see or hear what he said about me after my injury. I don’t care now. Right now, I see Austin in one way only – if he returns of course. I see him as one more guy that I will need to beat should I want to be the Undisputed WWF Champion in two weeks time. No more, no less. Whatever you think about Austin, one thing is absolutely certain about him; he is what he says he is – a tough S – O – B who doesn’t care what anybody else thinks. But there was a famous man who once said “To be the man, you gotta’ beat the man” and I know that if I want to come back and be the Undisputed Champion, then I gotta’ do just that.

JR nods his head in agreement before asking another question.

JIM ROSS: In the match when you were injured, Austin and yourself lost the Tag Team Championships to Jericho and Benoit, you managed to battle through to the end of the match despite wrestling for almost five minutes with the injury. Where did you find the mental strength to do that?

TRIPLE H: The pain I felt was excruciating – I felt like there was a bolt of pain shooting up and down my leg. However, I wanted to keep going – there was a title on the line after all. I made a mistake when I dropped the sledge hammer down on Austin but I gave it everything I had. I like to think though, looking back now, that I was showing the guts and desire that I will need to become the Undisputed Champion. In order to win that title, I will have to beat five men – two tough qualifying matches and then three even tougher matches at the pay-per-view. I know how tough it will be. I know what it will take. But I’ve been out for over six months, I am back and I am determined to be the champion once more. It’s been almost two years, JR – can you believe that? – since I held the WWF Championship. Two years.

JIM ROSS: That long?

Triple H nods his head.

TRIPLE H: Two years. But now I’m back. I’m back this Monday, JR, I have one intention and one intention only. The Undisputed Championship. This Monday, JR, the game begins again – and for every other member of the roster – Austin, Rock, Jericho, Goldberg, whoever – it will be “Game Over” …

There is an intense look on HHH’s face as he finishes; JR reaches over and shakes his hand once more.

JIM ROSS: Thank you for the time, Hunter. I guess we’ll see you this Monday on RAW …

TRIPLE H: You certainly will, JR.
As the taped interview ends, the cameras switch back to the live SMACKDOWN crowd in New Orleans and there is a positive reception in the arena for the interview that they just saw. There is a “Triple H!” chant as the crowd show their support for his return this Monday as Cole and Tazz hype it up; Triple H vs. Test live on RAW this Monday in a pre-qualifying match for the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament. Can Triple H qualify for the PPV on his return to the World Wrestling Federation?

Attention turns towards the stage as the music of the X-Factor hits …

“YO! YOU’RE DEALIN’ WITH THE X-FACTOR!”

“WHAT ‘CHU LOOKIN’ AT?”

*** X-FACTOR ***
ALBERT & X-PAC

Out come the newly reformed X-Factor; the speedy X-Pac and the brute force of Albert. As they head for the ring, Cole reminds us of their beatdown, alongside Chris Jericho, of Undertaker and Kane last Monday night after X-Pac’s request for Albert to reform the team. As they hit the ring, Tazz suggests that these two could dominate the Tag Team division but they better watch over their shoulder because Kane and the Undertaker will be out for revenge.

“LOADED”
*** HARDY BOYS ***
CAMERON, NC | JEFF & MATT HARDY | (w/LITA)

The crowd get to their feet and welcome the arrival of one of the most popular tag teams in the World Wrestling Federation – the Hardy Boys. As they rush towards the ring, Lita following behind them, Cole speculates that the Hardys will have put their recent problems behind them. He refers to their Survivor Series match with the Dudleys – for the Undisputed Tag Team Championship – when Jeff leapt off the top of the steel cage and through a table in an attempt to defeat D’Von when Matt believed he could have just exited the cage instead. Tazz also mentions the Hardcore Championship match on RAW this week when both Hardys were involved in a Triple Threat match with RVD for the Hardcore Championship. Their skirmishes in the match are discussed as is the moment that Matt tried to pin Jeff – taking advantage of RVD’s “VanTerminator” move – but failed. Lita is clearly keeping the peace between them and is the factor that is pumping both men up here tonight.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
TAG TEAM MATCH
HARDY BOYS (w/Lita) vs. X-FACTOR

Typical tag team match as the Hardy Boys – desperate to prove they can still function well as a team – start out like a house on fire but then get derailed by the brute power of Albert instead. The big man takes out Jeff Hardy with a huge clothesline thanks to a distraction from X-Pac and then he proceeds, working with X-Pac as a team, to target Jeff and keep him away from his brother. The power and domination of Albert coupled with the speed and high flying moves of X-Pac mean that they are able to keep Jeff down and away from Matt for a long period. Lita encourages the Hardys until Jeff makes the hot tag to his brother at last and they come in and start taking down Albert and X-Pac over and over. With X-Pac as the legal man, Matt hits him with a kick to the guts and then locks him up in a facelock … TWIST OF FATE! MATT HARDY HITS X-PAC WITH THE TWIST OF FATE! However, as he is about to go for the pinfall, Jeff rushes into the ring and shoves Matt aside; he has seen Albert coming and he launches into him with a dropkick that knocks Albert down off the apron to the floor. Matt realises that Jeff has taken out Albert and he goes back to the cover of X-Pac …

1!
2!
NO!

X-PAC KICKS OUT!

Matt looks frustrated as he fails with the pinfall and he gets up with a questioning look at his brother and then his girlfriend, Lita. As Matt delays, Jeff reaches in and makes the tag to his brother before leaping over the top rope and into the ring on the run. He grabs X-Pac as he gets to his feet and whips him into the corner of the ring before running over at him and leaping into him with another jumping dropkick in the corner. As X-Pac falls to the mat, Jeff climbs to the top rope and prepares himself … SWANTON BOMB … ? NO! Albert pulls X-Pac away at the last second and Jeff crashes down onto the mat with his back as Matt comes through the ropes. He runs at Albert who takes him down with a big clothesline and the crowd wince as Lita holds her head. Matt rolls away as Albert grabs Jeff off the mat and lifts him up high … BALDO BOMB! ALBERT HITS JEFF HARDY WITH THE BALDO BOMB! The crowd boo as the referee orders Albert out of the ring but behind him, X-Pac slumps over Jeff and makes the cover …

1!
2!
3!

WINNERS
(via PINFALL at 08:36)

X-FACTOR
[i]Boos in the arena as X-Pac rolls away and celebrates with Albert outside the ring; a huge win for the X-Factor team who will clearly have Tag Team Championship intentions now that they are reformed and have a win over the former champions here tonight on SMACKDOWN. As the X-Factor exit up the stage, in the ring, Lita is again playing peacekeeper as the two Hardys argue with each other over the ending of the match. Tazz and Michael Cole discuss what might be causing the rift this time and notice that it appears to be Matt who has the issue; he can be heard saying “Why did you shove me aside like that?” to Jeff who protests about the threat of Albert. As SMACKDOWN heads into the final commercial of the evening, the Hardy Boys are definitely having a strain in their Tag Team relationship. Can they overcome their problems?

SMACKDOWN returns and we immediately head backstage where Lilian Garcia is stood in the interview pit; she introduces The Rock! The crowd pop big time for the man who they believe saved the World Wrestling Federation from extinction just four days previous at the Survivor Series PPV as he stands there with his shades on and the WCW Championship over his shoulder. Lilian begins to speak about the upcoming main event and Rock teaming tonight with RVD but he cuts her off, in typical Rock style, and moves in towards the microphone …

THE ROCK: FINALLY … THE ROCK … HAS COME BACK …TO NEW ORLEANS!

Huge pop from the crowd who are watching on the ‘tron in the arena and Lilian asks again about Rock’s thoughts about teaming up with RVD tonight just four days after RVD tried to put the WWF out of business. Rock considers himself for a moment before answering in his usual style …

THE ROCK: You know what, Lilian, The Rock is not worried about what RVD did four days ago. The Rock wants to tell the world a story tonight about a man, a man with a strange hairstyle and an even stranger outfit, a man who debuted in the World Wrestling Federation back at Survivor Series in 1996 – that man was a young buck named Rocky Maivia.

The crowd let off a nostalgic pop for the mention of The Rock in a former time …

THE ROCK: For months, that young jabroni drove the world insane – he smiled, he kissed the ass of the crowds here in the World Wrestling Federation, he was THE biggest suck up of all time and you know where that got him?

Rock looks to Lilian and she shrugs her shoulders.

THE ROCK: It got him universally hated and despised by the very people he was trying to suck up to. You see, Lilian, that young man that went on to become THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT TODAY …

Another catchphrase, another pop …

THE ROCK: That man realised that the world hated Rocky Maivia and they couldn’t wait to see his candy ass destroyed so you know what he did? Do you know what he did, Lilian?

Another quizzical look from Rock to the interviewer …

THE ROCK: He went away, changed his outfit, changed his attitude and most importantly of all, and the Rock means the most important of all, he changed that ridiculous hair cut …

A pause from Rock as the audience chuckle …

THE ROCK: He changed everything and came back as The Rock – and he did everything he could to piss off the people watching at home and ringside.

Rock looks into the camera and gets a little serious …

THE ROCK: You see, The Rock knew he was getting booed out of the arena, he knew that the people didn’t care about him, didn’t give a rat’s ass about his goofy smiling (Rock changes his voice to a high pitched goofy one) “Everybody clap me, everybody love me!” ways … The Rock changed his ways and told the people that they sucked, told the people that he was joining the Nation of Domination and proceeded to lay the smack down on everybody here in the WWF.

Lilian looks up at Rock and smiles but he reacts shocked.

THE ROCK: Don’t you give the Rock that look, Lilian, it ain’t something that the Rock wants to see right now. You see, The Rock went on, Intercontinental Champion, brightest young star in the company, all of that until he joined the Corporation and became the WWF Champion, the youngest in history. The Rock blazed a trail through the company and what did all of you people do?

The crowd respond by starting to cheer and chant “Rocky!” …

THE ROCK: That’s right, you began to cheer The Rock. Even when I threw Mankind through an electrical circuit board and addled his brains with chair shot after chair shot at the Royal Rumble in 99, you were starting to cheer me. When I beat Stone Cold Steve Austin’s ass over and over and over again, you cheered me, you chanted the Rock’s name.

Rock listens for a moment as the “Rocky! Rocky!” chant gains momentum in the arena.

THE ROCK: You see, Lilian, I understand Rob Van Dam. He did what he had to do to get noticed here in the World Wrestling Federation, he came in with the Alliance and he tried to destroy the company. And the people cheered him and chanted his name …

Now, an “RVD!” chant goes up in the arena. Rock smiles at it for a second …

THE ROCK: Lilian, RVD isn’t stupid. He knows what I knew all the way back in 1999, you’ve got to listen to the people and you’ve got to give them what they want. In 1999, the people made the Rock – and in 2001, the people are making … (Rock lifts his thumbs up as he chants) ... ROB … VAN … DAM!

Cheers in the arena for this as Rock endorses RVD …

THE ROCK: Tonight, The Rock, the People’s Champion teams up with RVD, the “Whole Dam Show”, to face Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho here tonight on SMACKDOWN. Sparks are going to fly, you can feel the electricity in the air! RVD, tonight, you team up – with the “Great One” …

Pop in the arena as Rock describes himself as the “Great One” …

THE ROCK: Tonight, RVD, you will be cheered on by the millions …

The crowd chant along “AND MILLIONS” …

THE ROCK: … and millions of The Rock’s fans around the world but, RVD, tonight, after you and The Rock kick Jericho and Angle’s candy asses all over the Big Easy …

Another pop from the crowd …

THE ROCK: After we’ve laid the smack down on those two jabronis, we turn our attention to the WWF Undisputed Championship …

A serious look comes over the face of The Rock …

THE ROCK: RVD, let me give you a piece of advice right now. Tonight, we go out there and entertain the fans, tonight, we beat Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle in the middle of that ring but in two weeks time, at the Undisputed PPV, if you get in the way of The Rock, I will not hesitate to drop you too.

The crowd give a mixed reaction to this comment.

THE ROCK: RVD, it doesn’t matter who I face in two weeks time. Whether I face you, Angle, Jericho, Triple H, Undertaker, Kane … Stone Cold Steve Austin …

Mixed response to the mention of the current WWF Champion …

THE ROCK: … or even Goldberg …

Positive reaction to the mention of the WCW legend who debuts at the PPV …

THE ROCK: The Rock is going to be the Undisputed WWF Champion, that’s all I care about right now! I don’t care who I have to go through, I’ll beat you, Austin, Goldberg, hell, I’ll even go through Whoopi Goldberg if I need to … I am going to be the Undisputed WWF Champion …

Rock pulls of his shades, grabs the microphone and throws his head back …

THE ROCK: IF YA’ SMELLLLLLLLL …

As the crowd chant along with him, The Rock signs off with his famous catchphrase …

THE ROCK: … WHAT THE ROCK … IS … COOKIN’ …

Rock raises his eyebrows as Lilian thanks him and the camera switches back to the ring where Michael Cole and Tazz hype up tonight’s main event and Rock’s focus on the title … Suddenly, the lights drop …

* 5 *
* 4 *
* 3 *
* 2 *
* 1 *

“BREAK THE WALLS DOWN”

*** CHRIS JERICHO ***
WINNIPEG, MA, CANADA

As the lights come back on, Y2J is stood on stage with his arms stretched out and the crowd boo his appearance. As he turns and makes his way towards the ring, Jericho smirks at the negative reaction he is receiving – he is getting booed and jeered out of the building. A replay of his attack, accompanied by X-Factor, on Undertaker and Kane on RAW is shown before the action returns to the ring where Jericho continues to taunt the crowd. He signals to his waist that he is going to be the Undisputed WWF Champion in two weeks time before the music of his partner tonight hits …

“MEDAL”
*** KURT ANGLE ***
PITTSBURGH, PA

Out comes Angle with his gold medals around his neck and he points up to the roof … red, white and blue pyro explodes before he walks down the ramp towards the ring. As he does, Cole and Tazz remind us of the way Angle “screwed” the WCW and ECW Alliance back at Survivor Series and the endorsement of the WWF Chairman, Vince McMahon, as the man who saved the World Wrestling Federation. Angle steps into the ring and mocks the crowd as well before he speaks with Jericho and they wait for the arrival of their opponents tonight.

“ONE OF A KIND”
*** ROB VAN DAM ***
BATTLE CREEK, MI | WWF HARDCORE CHAMPION

Out comes the popular and confident RVD onto the stage where he smiles as Howard Finkel introduces him; RVD waits for the announcement of his name and then points with his thumbs to himself – before he makes his way down to the ring. RVD steps up onto the apron and looks over at Angle and Jericho as Tazz reminds us of RVD’s history in the ECW and his reign as Hardcore Champion before speculating over whether RVD believes his time has come to be champion of the WWF now as well.

“IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN’”

“IF YOU SMELL …”

*** THE ROCK ***
MIAMI, FL | WCW CHAMPION

A deafening reaction as the People’s Champion himself heads out with the WCW Championship belt in his hand and heads purposefully towards the ring. He steps through the ropes and gives both Angle and Jericho, two men he has been feuding with lately, an icy look as he crosses to the corner and salutes the fans. The crowd cheer and the flashlights pop before Rock drops to the mat and meets with RVD. The pair of them look into each other’s eyes and RVD nods to Rock to show he is on the same page as his partner tonight. The referee takes his WCW Championship belt from him and hands it over to the timekeeper before signalling for the bell …

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
TAG TEAM MATCH
CHRIS JERICHO & KURT ANGLE vs. ROB VAN DAM & THE ROCK

The match starts with RVD and Chris Jericho in the ring together and the action is fast paced as they match up well. Quick tags begin in the ring, The Rock and Kurt Angle are quickly involved as well before the action descends into chaos pretty quick and all four men end up trading blows in the ring. The referee struggles to contain the action as all four men look to prove their Undisputed Championship credentials right here and right now. The referee manages to get control of the contest in the end and we end up with Rock facing up against Jericho, a classic confrontation that we’ve seen a lot recently – it’s the calm before the storm. Jericho does look to lock in the Walls of Jericho at one point but Rock has too much leg strength and he fails with it. Jericho tags in Angle who looks to hit a clothesline but Rock ducks it and locks Angle up … ROCK BOTTOM! ROCK DROPS ANGLE DOWN ONTO THE MAT WITH A ROCK BOTTOM! However, before he can make a cover, Jericho comes through the ropes and attacks Rock … BREAKDOWN! ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE HERE AS JERICHO CRASHES ROCK’S HEAD DOWN INTO THE MAT! RVD and Jericho trade blows now before we hear an almighty explosion in the arena …

** FIRE EXPLOSION **

“ROLLIN’”

*** BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION ***
KANE & UNDERTAKER

Jericho, who just knocked RVD down right before the explosion, turns and looks to the stage with a look of fear as both Kane and Undertaker come rushing out – they clearly have their sights set on him! The crowd are going wild as the Brothers of Destruction head for the ring, Y2J looks to escape but RVD hits him out of nowhere with a roundhouse kick and Jericho spins round into the path of Taker as he gets into the ring … CHOKE SLAM! UNDERTAKER HITS JERICHO WITH A CHOKESLAM! The referee immediately signals for the bell, this match is over!

WINNERS
(via DQ at 03:21)

CHRIS JERICHO & KURT ANGLE
Angle and Jericho may be winners by DQ but there is no real winners here as Kane and Taker begin to destroy him in the corner. Up jumps Angle, unsteady after the Rock Bottom, he heads to the corner and attacks Kane and they pair off leaving Taker with Jericho. The crowd are pumped up with excitement as all hell breaks loose now and Angle and Kane’s fight spills over the top rope to the outside leaving the stage clear for Taker and Jericho to continue. Jericho’s head has a cut on it already from Taker’s vicious right hands and he looks in real trouble for his actions last Monday now. Taker lifts Jericho up … LAST RIDE! UNDERTAKER CRASHES DOWN Y2J WITH A LAST RIDE! The crowd are loving it but Undertaker is not satisfied yet; he cuts his throat, to the delight of the crowd, and drags Jericho back to his feet to set up for a Tombstone … when Rock suddenly nips up and nails Taker … ROCK BOTTOM! ROCK HITS THE ROCK BOTTOM ON TAKER! All of these men are looking to prove their credentials for the title here now and it doesn’t seem to matter who they hit. The fighting continues and now we’ve got Edge, Test and Booker T down there fighting it out, nine men in total. Tazz mentions that he doesn’t understand why Booker T is there when he is seconds away from being fired here tonight but that comment is just a perfect set up …

Click for Spoiler:

** GLASS SHATTERS **

“VENOMOUS”

*** STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN ***
PRETORIA, TX | WWF CHAMPION

A huge reaction as the WWF Champion heads out with the WWF Championship belt in his hand. He is dressed in blue denim shorts and a 3:16 vest as he strides down the ramp. Booker T is stood at the foot of the ramp and he applauds as Austin heads towards him, Booker is delighted to see the Rattlesnake as it means that his job is secure for now! Austin walks towards Booker who offers his hand to the WWF Champion … STUNNER! AUSTIN DROPS BOOKER T WITH THE STUNNER! The crowd pop big time as Austin stuns the 5-time former WCW Champion before he clambers into the ring. Test, who was fighting Edge, breaks away and looks to rush Austin with a Big Boot but Austin ducks it and swivels … STUNNER! AUSTIN STUNS TEST AS WELL! The crowd are going wild as Austin stuns the heels in the ring, Booker and Test, he locks eyes now with Angle who is stood outside the ring and looking fearful. However, Austin then turns round and locks eyes on Rock as well who is currently battling with Kane … ROCK BOTTOM! ROCK DROPS KANE ON THE MAT! However, Rock is unaware of what is waiting for him and he turns round and straight into … STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER FOR THE ROCK! The crowd are not happy with this action of the WWF Champion and the question marks remain – Austin has returned with the WWF Championship but will he be the Austin who turned his back on the WWF or the Austin that the crowd loved so much prior to WrestleMania 17? SMACKDOWN ends with Austin stood in the ring looking round the arena at the carnage and Cole and Tazz hyping up his return …

***** END OF SHOW *****
(c) World Wrestling Federation 2001

*** WWF UNDISPUTED ***
DECEMBER 9, 2001 | SAN DIEGO, CA | 3 WEEKS AWAY

UNDISPUTED WWF CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT
Goldberg to debut, 7 others to join him in the tournament

WHO IS THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION OF THE WWF?
sendpm.gif
Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...

** ANNOUNCEMENT **
www.wwf.com

sendpm.gif
Old 07-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Mr. Book This Section is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Book This Section is looking to come up from OCW...

• Hello GCB. Thought I'd write a few comments about your Smackdown show. You did an amazing job with Monday Night RAW and you have left me intriged to see what happens in this because of the build up you have given the show. Like will Booker T and William Regal have their jobs intact?
  • Nice opening paragraph to start things off as I'm sure the whole Booker T/Steve Austin will be the running and continuing theme in the show. Nice detail invovled with the Security Guard and nice conversation. We need to presume that he was on the phone to Steve Austin anyway. Nice way to open the show and then with Vince McMahon. Liked the whole Five time thing. Loved the You're fired bit too. I read that in Vince's voice so good job in capturing his charactor.
  • Nice opening match up with William Regal facing the Brothers. I thought that might have been a main event... seems like a glorified handicap squash match with it only going little over five minutes. Liked the whole thing with Vince McMahon but I'm not sure it was needed as William didn't win. I was predicting Jericho costs Taker the match and William wins. Should be fun to see who you bring in to be the Commissioner or if Regal just carries on chasing it.
  • Nice in ring segment from Vince McMahon. Reminds me about how special Smackdown used to be.. now it's just RAW's highlight reel. Nice bit of heat on Vince for the Goldberg things. Nice announcement of the two title matches. Looking forward to them both.
  • An alright interview with RVD backstage.. It sounds like he is in the tournament? I might be wrong but I'd like some clarification on that subject. Was expecting him to mention Matt Hardy. Are we just going to forget that happened or will it be refered to at a later date? Monday Night RAW for example?
  • Very nice replay to start the match off with the whole thing and it highlights the show. The opening paragraph of the match was ok. Hmm, this is the second match of the night and the second time Vince has had to stop a countout victory. Like how Christian tried getting DQ'ed. Vince said nothing about that. I sence this feud continuing at Undisputed with a No DQ match.
  • Oooh lovely heel work from Kurt Angle here. It was also quite a long and detailed promo too. Liked the finish of it as Kurt looks confident and that's good. Kurt going into the show with confidence and I'd like to see Kurt win the title actually but it's obviously going to be Goldberg.
  • Nice short tag team match with the Dudley Boyz dominating most of the match. It did a good job in making the Tag Champs look good and strong. Nice promo after the show as well. Honestly I'm not sure how to feel with the whole announcement of the Dudley's leaving after Wrestlemania 18. Not sure if it's a work or a shoot. Should be good to see where this story goes though.
  • Hmm. This whole match seems quite random considering it is a Championship match but that's fine. Nice interfearence from Scotty 2 Hotty showing this feud isn't over. Like how Scotty is looking serious in this. I sence a rematch which wouldn't be too bad. Glad Edge won and it was a good match to read too. Good job with this. Just a question, since Test cannot be fired, can he still be suspended? Theirs a lot of punishments I could think off. The simple one would be Sued but it could be something like No title matches for a year or something. Test v. HHH? That seems punishment enough lol. Glad to see Edge is in the tourney.
  • Was expecting Jericho to come into things more early then this.. end of the first contest but this is good to. Nice interview and I like how everyone is mentioning Austin and he is getting big hypes. Liked the whole deal with Jericho "trash talking" on Goldberg. Nice way to end it with Jericho sprouting out his catchphrase, like how he played off the crowd with the laughing.
  • Quite a good promo with JR and HHH. It seems that HHH is looking good. It also appears apparent that he is a face. Nice interview with JR bringing things like the Invasion up. Really good how you did this to further hype up the Games return.
  • Nice tag team match with The Hardy Boys and X Factor. Like how you are doing the whole thing with making X Factor look strong with attacking Kane and Taker and now wracking up the W's. Seems like your getting things set up for a Jeff v. Matt feud. The seeds are their lets just see who you develop it. Would love to see what Lita's take on all this too.
  • Ok. Once again like I said before with the Kurt Angle promo, I like the length of this Rock promo and you have got the charactor bang on. Now, I honestly don't like The Rock as some people may know but he is an ok talker. I am predicting The Rock v. Goldberg in the finals of this tournament and I'll call that now.
  • Little short for the main event match but I totaly understand it. Smackdown always used to have great endings. Kane and Undertaker coming down to the ring is what started it lol. Like how all hell broke lose in the show too. Edge and Test coming out fighting was also good to show their involvement in the tourney but it seems like they just turned up and started chucking punches. Kinda like what goes down in pubs in Britain on Saturday Nights.. STONE COLD! STONE COLD! I think it was a foregone conclusion that Austin would return. Nice to see him standing in the middle of the ring. It will either be Austin/Berg or Rock/Berg. Really good ending.
  • Very good show to complement the RAW you posted GCB! Liked how you developed stories and feuds. I'd just work on continuation because in some parts like the RVD thing it seemed like he just forgot everything that happened Monday and Taker didn't do anything to X Factor who also attacked him and his brother Kane.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-27-2013, 05:39 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Thanks Bocaj. Hope this continues - I could grow to respect you.

Few things:

RVD and Matt Hardy - not forgotten but RVD had other things on his mind for SMACKDOWN. It will be addressed but RVD's plan is to be Undisputed Champion first and foremost. One of the things I tried to put across throughout the show was how important this tournament is. RVD making it his primary concern was one example; maybe I should have made him explicitly mention Matt Hardy though.

Kicking myself for the first two matches - I wasn't planning the heel trying to get counted out twice but added it for Regal's match on the run. Then I forgot I'd done it when Christian repeated it as planned. D'oh.

As I always said in GCB's WWE, I am hiding clues all over the place for future things. There is a clue in SMACKDOWN about a plan I have for the tournament final, there is even a clue somewhere in there that gives you an idea for the future "Commissioner" or GM too. I'm not planned as far in front with this one as I did with GCB's WWE but I am in front.

Cheers,
GCB
sendpm.gif
Old 07-27-2013, 08:27 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Default November 25, 2001: HEAT

SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT
Sunday November 25, 2001 | New Orleans, LA

Jonathan Coachman and Michael Hayes welcome us to HEAT and announce that there have been huge changes in the World Wrestling Federation in the past week; we’re going to have an eight man tournament at the next PPV, WWF UNDISPUTED, to determine an Undisputed WWF Champion, we’ve no longer got the WCW and ECW Alliance – or Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon or Paul Heyman – and in two weeks time … GOLDBERG IS COMING!

“TEST! TEST! THIS IS A TEST!”

“THIS IS A TEST”

*** TEST ***
TORONTO, ON, CANADA

Out comes Test and he is looking furious as he nears the ring. Replays of Test’s Intercontinental Championship match with Edge from SMACKDOWN are shown and the ending – Scotty 2 Hotty hitting the superkick – are shown and we see Edge retaining the title. The Coach informs us that this was a double problem for Test; not only has he failed to win the Intercontinental Championship but it also means he has to take part in the pre-qualifying round – where he has been drawn to face Triple H on his return this Monday on RAW. When Test gets in the ring, he grabs the microphone and demands that Scotty 2 Hotty comes out and takes his punishment; Test says he is immune from being fired and that he is going to take serious revenge on Scotty when he gets hold of him.

“TURN IT UP”
*** SCOTTY 2 HOTTY ***
WESTBROOK, ME

Looking a little wary, Scotty comes out for the arranged match here tonight; he dances his way towards the ring but he is eying Test with a look of concern. Into the ring he climbs, he salutes the fans around the ring and waves his arms around … then BAM! Test attacks him from behind and throws right hands into the back and shoulders of Scotty. The official protests about Test’s actions but he shoves the referee aside and then smirks as he looks down on him. Test lays the boots to Scotty in the corner until the officials come streaming out from backstage and separate them. The officials seem set to end things now for tonight but Scotty, in a display of courage and determination, insists that the match goes ahead.

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
SCOTTY 2 HOTTY vs. TEST

Scotty rushes Test early and looks to use the anger in his body to his advantage. However, within a minute, Test takes charge again with a clothesline before he starts methodically picking apart the Cruiserweight. It’s a matter of time before Test finishes the job now and he completely dominates until he hits a vicious Big Boot that almost takes Scotty’s head off. Test then picks his opponent up, he has him beat but this is just for added insult now: PUMPHANDLE SLAM! TEST HITS THE PUMPHANDLE SLAM AND CRASHES SCOTTY DOWN! He nonchalantly hooks Scotty’s leg and makes the cover.

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 02:48)

TEST
Test steps back and has his arm raised by the referee whilst he takes in the jeers and boos of the audience. Smirking, Test demands a microphone once more; he tells the world that he does not care what he has to do, he cannot be fired and he is going to make sure he uses this to his advantage. Moving on to tomorrow night on RAW, Test argues that he is in the most dominant form of his wrestling career right now and he promises that Triple H’s return tomorrow will be ruined. He says he will prove that Triple H is not up to standard anymore and that he is on the track to dominating the World Wrestling Federation by becoming the Undisputed Champion. He demands that Hunter watches on now; he will prove just how vicious he can be …

Test drags Scotty off the mat and starts pummelling him once more and backs him into the corner where Scotty is simply trying to cover up now. Test beats him down and Scotty is really struggling now, he is unable to defend himself. Test props him up in the corner, retreats and then smashes his big right boot into the smaller man’s face, a devastating big boot in the corner. Test then drops out of the ring and grabs a chair … but then he tosses it down to the floor with a crash and instead lifts the apron and pulls out a wooden table. The crowd are not enjoying this situation with Scotty at all and let Test know about it but he continues to slide the table into the ring. Officials are trying to stop Test once more but he starts shoving them over and tossing them over the top rope to the outside; Test’s immunity is causing big problems for the World Wrestling Federation. He sets up the table in the centre of the ring and drags Scotty up once more. The fallen Scotty tries to counter but Test is too powerful and he beats him down once again before setting him up … POWERBOMB! THROUGH A TABLE! The table smashes in half as Scotty’s frail body hits the mat and he writhes in pain. Test places a foot on the chest of the fallen Cruiserweight and then looks out to the audience with a big smirk on his face. Triple H’s return may not be the foregone conclusion some might have assumed …

HEAT returns with a backstage interview; standing with Kevin Kelly is the man who saw his job “saved” right at the end of SMACKDOWN last week, Booker T. However, he does not look happy after he was hit with the Stunner from Stone Cold and you can see it on his face. Kelly asks him to comment on Austin’s return and Stunner but Booker T refrains from commenting. He suggests that Austin will get his punishment when Booker T wins the Undisputed WWF Championship as he expects to have to face him at some point. Kelly asks Booker T about his pre-qualifying match on RAW tomorrow night against Matt Hardy and whether he is feeling confident. Booker responds in typical style by questioning whether Kelly’s comments are serious (“Tell me you did not just say that?”) before going on to say that he plans to prove to the fans of the WWF exactly how talented he is by beating Hardy and then four more men to become the WWF Champion. Kelly informs us that tonight Booker will be facing Al Snow; Booker says that Al Snow is everything that is wrong with the WWF. He says that Al Snow is a goofball and he is going to defeat his punk-ass here tonight with ease before heading for RAW and defeating Hardy. As Booker says this, Lita walks past and stops. She raises her eyebrows to Booker about his comment about her boyfriend before moving on.

Back in the ring, we’re getting ready for the second match of the night, a big tag match which has become incredibly important for the former Tag Team Champions, the Hardy Boys.

“HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?”
*** CRASH & HARDCORE HOLLY ***
MOBILE, AL

The two Holly brothers stride out, Crash wearing his hat, and they head for the ring looking determined here tonight. The smaller Crash rolls into the ring first and then applauds as his older brother, Hardcore, steps through the ropes and onto the middle rope to taunt the fans.

“LOADED”
*** HARDY BOYS ***
CAMERON, NC | w/LITA

Huge pop – for HEAT – for the Hardy Boys as they head out and rush towards the ring. They are accompanied by Lita who follows close behind them as they salute the crowd but Coach reminds us about the issues that they have been having lately – Jeff’s error at Survivor Series that cost them the Tag Team Championships, their problems in their Triple Threat Hardcore Title match with RVD on RAW and their defeat to the X-Factor on SMACKDOWN – and how it has caused some friction between the two of them. Lita seems to be the glue holding them together right now as they look a little distant with each other in the ring …

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
TAG TEAM MATCH
CRASH & HARDCORE HOLLY vs. HARDY BOYS (w/Lita)

A competitive tag match as these two teams look to solidify their credentials for a future Tag Team Championship match down the line – the more established Hardy Boys looking to overcome their difficulties and the Hollys looking to re-establish themselves in the division. For part of the match, the Hardys are back to working as a cohesive team and look set for victory. However, the Hollys are able to withstand it before isolating Matt. In the end, Matt hits the hot tag and in comes Jeff, a fireball in the ring, he takes down Crash and Hardcore several times before clotheslining Hardcore over the top rope. He then goes to the top rope, where Matt sneakily tags in, and leaps off … SWANTON BOMB! Jeff hooks the leg but the referee refuses the count and informs Jeff that Matt tagged in. Matt ignores Jeff’s protests and goes after Crash, he hooks the leg as well …

1!
2!
NO!

HARDCORE HOLLY BREAKS UP THE FALL!

Despite Lita’s best efforts to stop them, Jeff and Matt are arguing within seconds of this and it gives Crash time to get to his corner where Hardcore resumes his position; he makes the tag. Distracted by the argument with his brother and Lita, Matt fails to notice Hardcore tag in and he is turned around and kicked in the gut before Holly lifts him up …ALABAMA SLAM! Jeff stands on the apron and watches on, he doesn’t move a muscle as Hardcore makes the pinfall …

1!
2!
3!

WINNERS
(via PINFALL at 08:38)

CRASH & HARDCORE HOLLY
As the Hollys’ theme rings out, Crash and Hardcore embrace and celebrate their victory but they exit quickly with their hands raised – the main story here is the Hardy Boys after yet another loss. Lita is trying to be the peacekeeper but she is failing as Matt and Jeff argue over the latest defeat. Matt is angry that Jeff didn’t save him from the pinfall there; Jeff is angry that, for the second time in a row, Matt took a blind tag that he believes cost him the chance to win the match. There is no physical confrontation but you can see Lita is worried that it could happen as HEAT heads into a commercial.

HEAT returns with Jonathan Coachman and Michael Hayes introducing the announcement of the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament. A video is aired that plays the announcements from RAW – Vince saying we will have an Undisputed Champion, Linda introducing the impending arrival of Goldberg – and SMACKDOWN – the tournament information given out by Vince and the men who will be competing.

When the video ends, Coach and Michael Hayes discuss their picks – Coach says that you can’t rule out Austin or The Rock but he can’t see a way that Goldberg can fail to win the title on his debut in the WWF. Michael Hayes says he has seen stranger things in his time in the business and suggests that Chris Jericho has been on a roll lately whilst you cannot count out the Brothers of Destruction either.

The camera switches backstage where we see the argument between Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy continuing in the locker room. Matt accuses Jeff of being selfish, he says that they should be standing here as the Tag Team Champions but Jeff blew it last Sunday and now he is making mistake after mistake. Matt implies that Jeff doesn’t like it that he has pointed these errors out; he asks if that is why Jeff stood by and watched Hardcore Holly pin him just there? Jeff responds by telling Matt that he has apologised over and over and over for the mistake he made at Survivor Series, he says he did it for the fans and to entertain, it was high risk and it didn’t pay off. Jeff asks Matt what he wants him to do but Matt refuses to answer. Lita tells them both that they need to calm down, she says that they need to work these differences out together – arguing is not going to get them anywhere. The arguing ends but the two brothers continue to shoot mutinous looks at each other as we head into the final commercial of the evening.

HEAT returns and it is time for tonight’s main event – the ring return of Booker T.

“TOUGH ENOUGH”
*** AL SNOW ***
LIMA, OH

The veteran Al Snow heads down to the ring smiling and waving as he prepares for a tough match here tonight against the former 5-time WCW Champion, Booker T. Al, who has recently been the lead trainer on Tough Enough, slides into the ring and salutes the fans – can he cause a shock here tonight by beating Booker? Michael Hayes reminds us that Snow came close to winning the European Championship last Sunday in the opening match of Survivor Series before losing out in the end to Christian.

“CAN YOU DIG IT … SUCKA?”

“CAN YOU DIG IT?”

*** BOOKER T ***
HOUSTON, TX

An explosion on the stage as Booker T heads out and stares down to the ring where Al Snow awaits. As he walks purposefully down the ramp, Booker T’s career highlights – including the 5 reigns as WCW Champion – are mentioned before he gets into the ring and looks set to go. Booker looks focused as he looks to get a win tonight before he faces Matt Hardy tomorrow in the Undisputed Champion tournament.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
AL SNOW vs. BOOKER T

A brave fight from Al Snow but this match is all about getting Booker T back into the ring before tomorrow night’s pre qualifying round. After dominating the first section of the match, Booker T misses with the Scissors Kick and this allows Al Snow to almost embarrass him when he rolls him up but Booker kicks out at 2 and seven eighths (courtesy of Macho Man, WrestleMania 9). Snow takes the fight to Booker after that but he cannot put him away and in the end he has to resort to his signature move – the SNOW-PLOW! The crowd pop thinking that they are about to see the upset win they want to see but Booker T kicks out at 2 and the contest goes on. Al misses a clothesline in the corner and this allows Booker to hit the Scissors Kick before he gets up and waits …BOOK END! BOOKER T CRASHES SNOW DOWN WITH THE BOOK END! He hooks the leg, this one is surely over …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 06:36)

BOOKER T
[i]As Booker T mocks the crowd and Snow, he looks pleased with himself. A small “Spinneroonie” chant has begun at ringside but Booker T shakes his head at the suggestion; it appears that this is a more focused and determined Booker T. He raises his hand in victory as Coach and Hayes hype up tomorrow night on RAW and the four pre-qualifying matches for the Undisputed Championship tournament; can Booker T continue his winning run against Matt Hardy? There is also Jeff Hardy vs. William Regal, DDP vs. Rey Mysterio and, of course, the return of Triple H as he goes one on one with Test. HEAT signs off with the hype for tomorrow’s RAW …

***** END OF SHOW *****
(c) World Wrestling Federation 2001

*** WWF UNDISPUTED ***
DECEMBER 9, 2001 | SAN DIEGO, CA | 2 WEEKS AWAY

UNDISPUTED WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
Tournament to determine the Undisputed WWF Champion will finish here!

WHO IS THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION OF THE WWF?
sendpm.gif
Old 07-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Mr. Book This Section is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Book This Section is looking to come up from OCW...

• Hello once again GCB! Thought I'd pop by and share some thoughts on Sunday Night Heat. Would have done it last night after the Smackdown review but I got kind of tied up but I'll do it know then.
  • Nice intestity from Test and because of the amout of detail you added in we could see that he was angry and you did a great job at getting the emotions across. Ok short match however it makes Test look good going into this tournament on Monday with his match against Triple H. Nice attack from Test to Scotty 2 Hotty because it makes him look like a believable contender which is good. Hoping that we see a moment in the match where Test hits the Pumphandle Slam on HHH but HHH kicks out and hits the Pedigree either way, I predict a HHH victory.
  • Like how you have actually added some consistancy in this as he mentioned all things that needed to be said. He addressed Austin's attack, his qualifyer with Matt Hardy and his match tonight. Would have liked to see a bit more from Lita as it seems very random that she would just turn up and not do anything.
  • Nice match here with Holly/Crash taking on The Hardy Boyz. I think this was more about showing the on going differences between Jeff and Matt more then it is trying to make the Holly's look strong and push them as a tag team. Like how you involved Lita in the story. Just those three words "Lita is worried" makes it better as it reminds us the reader that their is a third element to the feud, Lita. Good job.
  • I also like how you then continued the Hardy's on backstage too. More Lita too as it shows were she stands in the feud. Right in the middle. Nice arguement. I see this ending up in a Jeff Hardy v. Matt Hardy feud with both men trying to pull Lita to join them until Lita finally goes with Matthew.
  • Short and sweet victory by Booker T. Like how you made this a shortish match but you didn't make it a squash either so now Al Snow still looks like a mid card contender after he hit Booker with the Snow-Plow. Just one thing I noticed... You said Booker kicks out at two but usually your layout is like

1!
    2!
    NO!
    Booker kicks out at 2
  • So I was just wondering why it was you changed your layout for this cover... Seems the italic BB code didn't work. Hate when that happens. Nice run up for Monday Night RAW tommorow and you go into the show with strong victories for Booker T and Test. Nice job.
  • Once again, a great show. You've posted three shows now in your booker and they have all been amazing. Now, in Wrestling Clique some people do things like Contence in the first page. Like the show name and a link to that post so that you can go back to that post. It might be good if you could do that as your posting these rather fast... Which isn't a bad thing. Really great show that you should be proud of. Looking forward to RAW and Undisputed.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocaj View Post
  • Short and sweet victory by Booker T. Like how you made this a shortish match but you didn't make it a squash either so now Al Snow still looks like a mid card contender after he hit Booker with the Snow-Plow. Just one thing I noticed... You said Booker kicks out at two but usually your layout is like

1!
    2!
    NO!
    Booker kicks out at 2
  • So I was just wondering why it was you changed your layout for this cover... Seems the italic BB code didn't work. Hate when that happens. Nice run up for Monday Night RAW tommorow and you go into the show with strong victories for Booker T and Test. Nice job.
Don't really get what you mean here. Changed the layout because (a) it's HEAT and (b) the matches are nowhere near as detailed for this show. The italic BB code? Huh?

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
PREVIEW | Monday November 26, 2001 | Oklahoma City, OK

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN RETURNS TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW!
After being given an ultimatum to return by the end of SMACKDOWN last week by Vince McMahon, the WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin, made his return in the nick of time to avoid being stripped of his title and fired from the WWF. On his return, all hell broke loose as many of the favourites to win the Undisputed WWF Championship caused chaos in the ring but it was the Rattlesnake who closed the show on top as he hit two significant Stone Cold Stunners – one to Booker T, the man charged with making sure he returned, and one to Austin’s biggest nemesis in the World Wrestling Federation, The Rock. Tonight, we have word that Stone Cold will be appearing on RAW and will be speaking about the demise of the Alliance, his return to the WWF and his future plans in the business. Will Austin officially set his sights on becoming the new Undisputed Champion of the WWF? And what will he have to say about the different issues surrounding his failure to ensure the survival of the Alliance?

IT’S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
Tonight also sees the official opening of the WWF Undisputed Championship tournament with four pre-qualifying matches. Eight men will do battle but only four men can join all the current singles champions in the WWF and the men who fought for Team WWF at Survivor Series in the final qualifying round. This also signals the return of the Cerebral Assassin himself, “The Game” Triple H. Sidelined for over seven months with a torn quadriceps injury suffered in a Tag Team Championship match on RAW, Triple H’s return sees him face Test with a place in the qualifiers up for grabs. On SMACKDOWN last week, we heard from the former WWF Champion and he set his sights on returning and winning the Undisputed WWF Championship at the UNDISPUTED PPV. However, he should not take his opponent lightly tonight; Test is on a roll right now and is immune from being fired for twelve months after he won the “Immunity” Battle Royale at Survivor Series. He has been on a mean streak and it appears he will do whatever it takes to win tonight. Could Test upset “The Game” on his return tonight? Or will Triple H march on towards the UNDISPUTED PPV with his eyes firmly set on becoming the Undisputed WWF Champion?

PRE-QUALIFYING FOR THE WWF UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP BEGINS!
As well as Triple H facing Test in the pre-qualifying round here tonight, there are three more matches which could signal the start of the journey towards the Undisputed WWF Championship for somebody here tonight. Former WCW superstars, Diamond Dallas Page and Rey Mysterio, clash in one match; we are familiar with DDP and his twisted antics during the “Invasion” but Mysterio is making his WWF debut here tonight. Could the high-flying 5 foot 6 superstar begin his WWF career with victory over the more established Page? Both Hardy Boys are also in singles competition tonight after their recent Tag Team problems; Matt faces Booker T who looked impressive in defeating Al Snow on HEAT last night whilst Jeff faces William Regal who should be recovered from the ordeal of facing the Brothers of Destruction in a Handicap match on SMACKDOWN. Which four men will make it into the qualifying round on SMACKDOWN later this week?

BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION SEEKING REVENGE!
After their Handicap match with Regal last week, the Brothers of Destruction face another Handicap match this week as they team together once more to face three men; X-Pac and Albert of the X-Factor and Chris Jericho. Last week on RAW, after defeating X-Pac, Taker was attacked by Albert and Jericho before Kane, trying to rescue his brother, took a beating as well. Jericho appears to be upset with Undertaker taking exception to him at Survivor Series when he inexplicably attacked The Rock with a Breakdown and almost cost the WWF big time. With many problems last week between the five men, tonight sees them have chance to put these issues to bed so that, for Undertaker, Kane and Jericho at least, focus can be switched to the tournament later this week. Will Undertaker and Kane take revenge? Or will Jericho and the X-Factor work well together once more to send a message to the two WWF mainstays?

DUDLEY BOYS TO LEAVE THE WWF AFTER WRESTLEMANIA X-8?
In an astonishing revelation last week on SMACKDOWN, the Dudley Boys revealed that they are planning to leave the World Wrestling Federation – with the Tag Team Championships – after WrestleMania X-8. After claiming that there is little competition in the Tag Team division for them, Bubba Ray and D-Von’s comments have not been accepted well in the locker room. A senior WWF official has revealed that all the Tag Teams in the WWF have been told to step up and prove themselves, in the wake of these comments from the Dudleys, and ensure that the Tag Team Championships remain right here in the WWF. Who will be the first to step up and show that the Dudley Boys’ comments are false?

CONFIRMED:
Test vs. Triple H (Pre-Qualifier)
DDP vs. Rey Mysterio (Pre-Qualifier)
Booker T vs. Matt Hardy (Pre-Qualifier)
Jeff Hardy vs. William Regal (Pre-Qualifier)
Chris Jericho & X-Factor vs. Kane & Undertaker (3 vs. 2 Handicap match)

PLUS …
Stone Cold Steve Austin speaks!

Last edited by GCB : 07-29-2013 at 05:26 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Default November 26, 2001: RAW

(Credit: NotoriousMEAT for RAW graphic)

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
Monday November 26, 2001 | Oklahoma City, OK

A raucous crowd here in Oklahoma City as JR, a native of this state of course, welcomes the world to Monday Night RAW and the pyro explodes all around the arena. He introduces Tazz before they hype up all the huge matches on the show tonight; we have four pre-qualifying round matches as the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament kicks off including the return of “The Game” Triple H. We will also get to see the Brothers of Destruction in action as they face off against X-Factor and Chris Jericho in a 2 vs. 3 Handicap match as well here tonight. Finally, for now, JR excitedly informs us that tonight is the night we get to hear from the WWF Champion, the Rattlesnake himself, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Tazz and JR wonder out loud over what Austin’s intentions will be now that the Alliance is finished and he is on his own with the WWF Championship over his shoulder – for now.

** GLASS SHATTERS **

“VENOMOUS”

*** STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN ***
PRETORIA, TEXAS | WWF CHAMPION

On cue, here comes Stone Cold and the crowd pop big time; the reaction, as it was on Thursday night’s SMACKDOWN, is mixed as Austin strides out dressed in denim shorts and an ‘AUSTIN 3:16’ t-shirt and with the WWF Championship, set to be replaced in two weeks’ time, slung over his shoulder. There isn’t a flicker of emotion on his face as he steps through the ropes and into the ring and he steps up onto the middle turnbuckle to show that he is here. JR on commentary says that Austin is a complex individual, he could do or say anything right now – nobody knows what this man is thinking. Tazz puts Austin over as being a tough S.O.B. and says that like him or not, you have to respect his accomplishments in that ring. Austin has a microphone now and the music fades so that the people of Oklahoma can listen to him. A loud “Austin! Austin!” chant begins in the arena and this catches Stone Cold’s attention as he looks around and hears the chanting and the cheers for him. However, as he listens, another chant starts up and this time it isn’t favourable: “Austin sucks! Austin sucks!” The reaction is polarised, which way will Austin go here?

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: In recent weeks and months, I’ve spoken a lot about trust.

A loud “What?” goes up in the arena but Stone Cold doesn’t play up to it.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: I had to tell the Alliance that they could trust me.

Another “What?” but it is quieter; Austin appears to not want to hear them tonight.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: I had to prove myself to Shane McMahon …

Boos for the mention of Vince McMahon’s ungrateful son …

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: To Stephanie McMahon …

More boos for the mention of Vince’s daughter …

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: And to Paul Heyman …

A more mixed reaction for Heyman who still has many supporters thanks to his ECW days …

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: I had to prove to them that they could trust me, that I was the man to lead the Alliance into Survivor Series, that they could trust me when I said I wouldn’t be turning against them and joining the World Wrestling Federation.

Whether the crowd like him or hate him, the reaction to him is off the charts as always.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: At Survivor Series, I wrestled for over an hour as the leader of the Alliance. I wrestled for over an hour and proved that I could be trusted … only for some damn pompous Olympic ass to reveal his yellow streak and smash me in the head with the title just as I was about to end the WWF forever.

More mixed reaction – positive for insulting Angle, negative for wanting to destroy the WWF.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: And now the damn Alliance is done. No more Shane, no more Stephanie, no more Paul Heyman. And no more Stone Cold Steve Austin!

There is an intake of breath around the arena; is Austin quitting the WWF here tonight?

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: But then I watched Monday Night RAW and I saw Vince McMahon telling the world that he had destroyed the Alliance, I saw Kurt Angle telling the world how he was the man who ended the hopes of the Alliance, I saw The Rock with his WCW Heavyweight Championship and claiming to deserve the championship.

There is a faint “Rocky!” chant at the mention of the WCW Champion but the focus is on Austin right now.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: I saw the end of RAW and that Goldberg, a man that the Alliance could not call on, would be coming to the World Wrestling Federation. I have just one thing to say about him – coward.

Austin’s face contorts into a scowl as he mocks Goldberg.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: Goldberg is a piece of trash, he is coming to the World Wrestling Federation because he thinks that I’m leaving it. Well, uh-uh, no way, Goldberg – I’m staying here and I’m gonna’ whip your ass, boy!

Another mixed reaction and another “Austin!” chant begins.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: And you all wanna’ cheer that, huh?

The crowd stop chanting as Austin’s attention turns on them.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: Let me tell you all right now, I’m Stone Cold Steve Austin, I’m the WWF Champion – and I’m not here for any of you.

Negative reaction, at last, for Austin.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: I’m damn well not here for Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation.

More boos for this comment.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: I’m here for one reason and one reason only. I sat watching Monday Night RAW, I’m damn well not gonna’ to let Kurt Angle take credit for ending my career, I’m damn well not gonna’ let the Rock be the first ever Undisputed Champion, I’m not gonna’ let Goldberg take over here and damn well avoid me, no way. I’m here for one reason – and that is this.

Austin raises his WWF Championship belt high over his head.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: The World Wrestling Federation Championship, the soon to be Undisputed WWF Championship – I’m here because I have got to be the WWF Champion, I am going to prove that I am the best that there is around here.

More mixed reactions, people don’t know how to react to Austin it seems.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: I’m not proving it for all of you, Stone Cold Steve Austin couldn’t care less about what you think …

Boos for this comment.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: Stone Cold Steve Austin is here to go to UNDISPUTED, whip the asses of three men and become the Undisputed WWF Champion …

Austin’s intensity has gone up a level here …

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: Stone Cold Steve Austin will do what he wants, when he wants and only when it suits him …

Austin readjusts the title on his shoulder before beginning to end his promo …

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: And that’s the bottom line …

Austin pauses and smirks as the audience chant the end of the saying …

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN: Because Stone Cold …

“IF YOU SMELL … WHAT THE ROCK … IS COOKIN’”

“IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN’”

*** THE ROCK ***
MIAMI, FLORIDA | WCW CHAMPION

The arena explodes as the WCW Champion, the man that pinned Austin and saved the WWF from defeat, The Rock, heads out with the big, gold WCW Championship belt over his shoulder. He stands on the stage and looks down at the WWF Champion in the ring who looks pissed off that Rock interrupted him right here tonight. As Rock comes closer to the ring, he holds his hand up and signals for the music to be faded out.

THE ROCK: Stone Cold Steve Austin, you wanna’ talk about trust, do you? You wanna’ talk about trusting others, about people screwing you over like Kurt Angle did at Survivor Series. You wanna’ talk about that do you?

Rock steps up the steel steps and stands on the apron looking at Austin over the top rope.

THE ROCK: You think these people give a rat’s ass about what you think about trust and screwing people out of what is rightfully theirs. Austin, let me remind you of something …

Rock points to the titantron which displays images from WrestleMania 17 for the people in the arena and watching on TV screens to see …

Click for Spoiler:

THE ROCK: Do you remember this night, Austin?

Click for Spoiler:

THE ROCK: WrestleMania 17, World Wrestling Federation Champion The Rock, Royal Rumble winner Stone Cold Steve Austin, main eventing the Big Daddy of ‘em all for the second time. One of the best, na na na na na na na, THE best of all time, the greatest WrestleMania main event of all time … and what did you do on that night?

Click for Spoiler:

THE ROCK: You turned your back on me, you turned your back on everybody watching, you turned your back on Texas …

Some boos in Oklahoma for the mention of Texas …

Click for Spoiler:

THE ROCK: You screwed the Rock, you teamed up with Vince McMahon just to become the WWF Champion.

Back in the ring, Austin is watching Rock as he walks around the edge of the ring around him.

THE ROCK: The Rock told you before, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock will never … EVER … forget. Yet here you are, bitchin’ and complainin’ because Vince McMahon and Kurt Angle screwed you, because you couldn’t trust them.

Rock looks at Austin with a look of disgust …

THE ROCK: What happened to you? Since when did the Rattlesnake, the “Bionic Redneck” himself, since when did Stone Cold Steve Austin, one of the greatest of all time, since when did you care about whether or not you could trust people?

Cheers for these comments from Rocky.

THE ROCK: Don’t … trust … anyone … That’s what you’ve always preached, isn’t it?

Austin looks annoyed but he is listening to Rock intently …

THE ROCK: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock doesn’t care why you’re here, The Rock doesn’t give a damn what you think about winning the Undisputed WWF Championship, all The Rock cares about is taking his Size 15 boot, shining it up real nice, turning it sideways and …

“MEDAL”
*** KURT ANGLE ***
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA

The interruption causes both Rock and Austin to turn their attention to the stage where the American gold medal winner from the 1996 Olympics, Kurt Angle, is standing. He walks towards the ring but again the music is dropped to allow him to speak; he stands outside the ring to speak, clearly nervous about getting anywhere near Stone Cold after Survivor Series, but when he does speak, he is using a mocking voice.

KURT ANGLE: Oh no, poor Rock, poor Austin. I can’t believe what has happened here – Rock got screwed at WrestleMania, Austin got screwed at Survivor Series, it’s just not fair.

Angle stops at the foot of the ramp and shakes his head.

KURT ANGLE: Let me tell you something, boys. Cut the crap right now, grow a pair and shut your stupid, whining mouths.

Hmmm, interesting Kurt. The crowd laugh at this, they can’t believe that Angle feels he can say that to anybody …

KURT ANGLE: What do you two call yourselves? The toughest S. O. B. in the World Wrestling Federation? The most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment?

Austin and Rock, despite their differences, cast a look to each other and smirk at Angle’s audacity.

KURT ANGLE: Now, if it wasn’t for this tournament coming up on SMACKDOWN later this week and RAW next week, I’d get in that ring right now and get Olympic on both of your asses right now to teach you a thing or two about being a man …

People in the crowd, as well as Austin and Rock, are outright laughing at Angle.

KURT ANGLE: Oh, you don’t think I can do you, Oklahoma? Just because the icon of this state is Jim Ross, a disgusting, unfit, loudmouth commentator, don’t think that it is OK for you all to do the same. You want to laugh at me and mock me? Show some respect for YOUR Olympic hero!

A loud “Angle sucks!” chant goes up as JR claims that Angle’s comments are downright rude on commentary …

KURT ANGLE: Let me tell you, if there is one state in the USA that I won’t be taking advice from, it’s Oklahoma! Oh, it’s true … IT’S DAMN TRUE!

Angle returns his glare towards Austin and Rock in the ring before continuing.

KURT ANGLE: Now, like I was saying before I was interrupted by all of these idiots, I would come into that ring right now but …

???: Yawn, yawn, yawn …

Attention turns back to the stage where an unknown voice is coming. As the crowd turn to face the stage, the European Champion walks out patting his title belt around his waist. Christian is smirking as he heads down the ramp watching Angle, Rock and Austin as he does.

*** CHRISTIAN ***
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA | EUROPEAN CHAMPION

CHRISTIAN: For too long, the World Wrestling Federation has needed a shake up. For too long, we’ve been seeing the same people in the main events over and over and over again. From Kurt Angle vs. Triple H at the Royal Rumble this year, we’ve seen the same eight names over and over – you three morons, Jericho, Triple H, Undertaker, Kane and Booker T. Does anybody think that it is time for something different?

The crowd boo Christian’s words as he stands on the ringsteps. He points to the three men – two in the ring, one on the apron opposite (Angle) – and shakes his head.

CHRISTIAN: I don’t know about all of you, Oklahoma, but the countries that I represent in Europe have told me specifically that it is time for a change. They don’t want to see any of you in this tournament, past it and tired “superstars” … when they could see, should see, people like Christian, the European Champion, in the main event and given a chance.

Christian’s words are not going down well here.

CHRISTIAN: It’s obvious that Vince McMahon doesn’t want to see Christian given a chance – I mean, if he did, why would he force me to face Big Show last week, twice, with the title on the line?

Christian pats the title and then stares into the ring at Rock and Austin.

CHRISTIAN: I intend to qualify for the tournament at UNDISPUTED and when I do, it won’t be the WCW Champion that wins the Undisputed Championship, it won’t be the WWF Champion and it won’t be the Olympic gold medal winner. It will be the European Champion, Christian, at last, my time has come! NOBODY can stop me!

Austin and Rock again look amused as Christian, gingerly, steps into the ring …

“YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME?”

“NEVER GONNA’ STOP ME!”

*** EDGE ***
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA | INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION

A big pop in the arena as Christian’s brother and former Tag Team partner, Edge, comes rushing out. He plays to the fans for a moment before rushing down to the ring and sliding in, the Intercontinental Championship around his waist and a microphone in his hand, he is ready to speak as well it seems …

EDGE: If anybody is boring the living daylights out of anybody round here, Christian, brother, I’m afraid it’s you!

Rock laughs at Edge and applauds him, he agrees, most of the crowd seem to as well.

EDGE: Gentlemen, I think that Christian has a point though. The World Wrestling Federation is going through a transition and I believe it is time for something different too, I just don’t think that Christian is something different. But what about the Intercontinental Champion and …

Edge looks directly at Angle for this one …

EDGE: … the King of the Ring?

Angle talks trash and arguments are breaking out around the ring now. Finally, a sixth superstar decides to show up as well.

“ONE OF A KIND”
*** ROB VAN DAM ***
BATTLE CREEK, MICHIGAN | HARDCORE CHAMPION

Huge cheer in the arena as Rob Van Dam heads out as well with his Hardcore Championship in his hand. He heads for the ring and grabs a microphone as well before he heads into the ring and looks around at the other five men there …

ROB VAN DAM: Guys, this is all very interesting but you appear to be forgetting about somebody …

Van Dam lifts his hands, points with his thumbs and the crowd chant along with him.

ROB VAN DAM: … R … V … D!

Cheers around the arena as RVD smiles and looks to the different men in the ring.

ROB VAN DAM: I’ve heard you all arguing backstage and it’s a little bit embarrassing if I’m honest. You can all come out here and talk as much as you want – at the end of the tournament, you’re all going to be saying the same thing.

RVD makes a mocking kind of voice, scratches his chin and says:

ROB VAN DAM: “Hmm, Rob Van Dam. Undisputed WWF Champion. I never saw that coming!”

The crowd cheer this and begin to chant his name; other than Rock, this might be the best reaction of the six men in the ring in terms of crowd support as they chant along “RVD! RVD!” over and over. RVD smirks and looks at each of the other five men.

“NO CHANCE IN HELL”
*** VINCE McMAHON ***
CHAIRMAN OF THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION

Attention turns towards the stage as the boss walks out in a new suit, as usual, and a microphone in his hand. He stays on the stage and calls for his music to be stopped.

VINCE McMAHON: So here we are: Vince McMahon’s Undisputed WWF Championship tournament hasn’t even started yet and we have six men out here and arguing about who is going to win it. Goddamnit, I’m a genius …

Mocking sounds from the crowd as Vince looks around at them.

VINCE McMAHON: I don’t see the rest of you with millions of dollars in the bank so you can mock me as much as you like. Enough of that though, what to do with these six men here tonight? Easy. I’ve made a main event and all six of you are going to compete in it tonight. It is going to be … a SIX-PACK CHALLENGE and the winner tonight will be rewarded in some way. I’m thinking about how, I’ll tell you all before the match starts – good luck, gentlemen. Good luck.

As Vince turns and heads backstage again, his music plays and the six men in the ring – Rock, Austin, Angle, Christian, Edge and RVD – look around at each other, their opponents for the evening. JR and Tazz are excited about this development and Tazz says that this is another great announcement from Mr. McMahon that adds to what is already a stacked card here tonight. After the break, announces JR, we’re going to see the first pre-qualifying match for the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament – the debut of Rey Mysterio as he faces Diamond Dallas Page! RAW heads into a commercial as the six men slowly edge out of the ring and away from each other to prepare for tonight’s main event.

RAW returns with JR and Tazz hyping up tonight’s main event, a 6 Pack Challenge match featuring six of the men who are expected to do well in the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament. It will be: Christian vs. Edge vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam vs. WCW Champion The Rock vs. WWF Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin! The cameras switch backstage to the interview pit where we see the smiling, cocky face of Diamond Dallas Page, better known as DDP, who will be in action next here on RAW. He is standing with Lilian Garcia and she asks DDP why he believes that Vince McMahon entered him into the tournament even though he was a part of the Alliance roster that lost at Survivor Series. DDP looks at her with his usual smug grin and replies.

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE: Isn’t that obvious, Lilian?

DDP looks at her quizzically and she shrugs her shoulders as he leers at her.

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE: I wouldn’t worry your pretty blonde head about it then. It’s clear to me that Vince McMahon saw the potential that there is in Diamond Dallas Page, it is clear to me that Vince McMahon realises that I am a big time player here in the wrestling business. And regardless of whether or not a guy is WWF, WCW, ECW or any other organisation that you can think of, Vince McMahon knows his business inside out – why would he fire Diamond Dallas Page?

DDP holds out his hands rhetorically before continuing.

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE: Vince McMahon is a lot of things, Lilian, but he isn’t stupid. When I invaded the World Wrestling Federation back at King of the Ring, I didn’t invade as a pack or with backup; I invaded alone and I went after the biggest dog in the yard in Undertaker. Vince McMahon admires people like me that have the balls to do things like that, he knows that I can be relied on to ruffle feathers and upset people. That is good for business, Lilian. And I intend to ruffle as many feathers as I can and upset all of these people here in Oklahoma when I win my match here tonight against Rey Mysterio.

Cheers in the arena, they are ready for Mysterio’s WWF debut here tonight.

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE: Now, I saw a lot of Rey back down in Atlanta, trust me – this kid is good. He flies around the ring and he is unique – but he isn’t going to beat me here tonight. He is debuting against the wrong guy, I’m afraid. Tonight, DDP knocks off Rey Mysterio and then I go on to qualify for the UNDISPUTED tournament where I will shock the world and become the Undisputed WWF Champion. And Lilian, that’s not a bad thing …

DDP smiles goofily as he prepares to hit his catchphrase …

???: That’s a good thing!

DDP turns and looks for who finished his phrase for him. Into shot comes a smiling Vince McMahon who is applauding DDP.

VINCE McMAHON: It’s great to see you, Mr. Page, it’s great that you are confident here tonight. You spoke a lot just then about why Vince McMahon brought you back to the WWF and … well, quite frankly, I didn’t really agree with any of it.

Page looks a little shocked and worried.

VINCE McMAHON: I brought you back for one reason only, Page – you were the guy who started all this Invasion nonsense, I wanted you here tonight so I could look you in the eye and tell you two little words …

DDP looks really worried now as the crowd cheer …

VINCE McMAHON: But I’m a fair man, DDP. I will give you a chance. Tonight, you’re facing Rey Mysterio and if you win, you will get the chance to qualify for the tournament to crown the Undisputed WWF Champion.

Vince looks into DDP’s eyes now.

VINCE McMAHON: But if you lose, Mr. Page … I’m afraid … YOU’RE FIIIIIRRRRRRRREEEEDDDDDD!

DDP looks agitated now, he doesn’t like this; however, the crowd love the idea.

VINCE McMAHON: And Diamond Dallas Page … THAT’S … a good thing! Good luck!

McMahon pats DDP on the shoulder and then walks away leaving DDP to contemplate how important this next match just became here tonight. The cameras switch back ringside and the lights drop; the crowd’s excitement rises as they prepare for the arrival of the WWF’s latest superstar!

“WHO’S THAT JUMPIN’ OUT THE SKY?”

“619”

*** REY MYSTERIO ***
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA

A great reception for Mysterio as he appears from underneath the stage and leaps up in the air dressed in black and purple trousers and a mask covering his face. As he jogs down the ramp towards the ring, Mysterio slaps hands with several of the crowd in the aisle as JR and Tazz inform everybody watching at home about Mysterio’s history in ECW and WCW. JR tells us about Mysterio’s time in WCW and how he was one of the main luchadors in the WCW’s excellent Cruiserweight division; Tazz suggests that if the rest of the World Wrestling Federation take him lightly because of his size, they could be in trouble – he outlines Mysterio’s time in WCW as well and his reputation for defeating the giants such as Bam Bam Bigelow and Kevin Nash. Mysterio leaps over the top rope into the ring and then steps on the turnbuckles to salute the fans. He is definitely going to be a fan favourite here in the World Wrestling Federation.

“YO! IT’S ME! IT’S ME! IT’S D … D … P!”

“DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH”

*** DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE ***
THE JERSEY SHORE

DDP comes out onto the stage and the arrogance and confidence he was showing five minutes ago with Lilian Garcia has disappeared to be replaced by a nervous worried look. JR reminds us of Vince McMahon’s proclamation moments ago – if DDP does not win tonight, he will be fired. DDP rolls into the ring and then he looks round the arena flashing the ‘Diamond’ sign to the crowd.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
UNDISPUTED WWF CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT: PRE QUALIFYING ROUND
SINGLES MATCH

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE vs. REY MYSTERIO

The early stages of the match see a very tense DDP looking troubled as Mysterio wows the crowd with his unique high-flying style. Page is struggling to contain Mysterio aside from a few attempted counters and the crowd are getting right behind Mysterio as he flies around the ring. When it seems that Mysterio is set for victory though, a desperate Page manages to counter a Seated Senton outside the ring when he catches him, steadies himself and then powerbombs the Mexican to the floor. From this point, DDP has control; he drags Mysterio round the outside of the ring and crashes him into the barricades and the steel steps to the annoyance of the referee and the fans. In the end, the referee comes out of the ring and threatens DDP with a DQ unless he gets back in the ring immediately. DDP smiles and slides back into the ring where he taunts the crowd as the referee begins the count …

1!
2!
3!
4!
5!
6!
7!
8!

9!
NO!

MYSTERIO SLIDES BACK IN JUST IN TIME!

The crowd cheer as Mysterio manages to get back into the ring and prolongs the match – but DDP, angered at Mysterio’s stubbornness, drops down to his knees and starts pounding away at Rey once more. Dragging the Mexican up to his feet, DDP locks him up and hits a hard-hitting belly to back suplex that crashes his shoulders and back down hard on the canvas. DDP makes the cover as he looks to secure his place in the next round of the tournament …

1!
2!
NO!

MYSTERIO KICKS OUT!

Both men get to their feet, DDP quicker right now, Mysterio swings a wild punch but it is easily ducked; DDP lifts Mysterio up in the air and hits a Sidewalk Slam to crash him down once more. Another cover from DDP as he looks a little desperate to put Rey away right now …

1!
2!
NO!

MYSTERIO KICKS OUT AGAIN!

A “Let’s go Rey!” chant goes up in the arena as the crowd look to encourage him to get back into the match but DDP is controlling the pace now and looks to be in complete charge of the match. DDP locks him into a wrist lock and then drills his shoulder into Mysterio’s chest over and over before leaving Rey staggering in the middle of the ring. Page grabs Rey’s head and jumps in the air … Jumping DDT! Mysterio’s head is crashed down into the mat, has DDP done enough now to win the match?

1!
2!
NO!

MYSTERIO KICKS OUT JUST IN TIME!

Frustrated again, DDP slowly gets to his knees and looks down on Mysterio with a look of finality; it’s time to end this by the look of things. Page methodically grabs Mysterio by the head again and whips him to the ropes and hits a big discus clothesline that knocks Mysterio down once more. DDP looks around the ring and holds up his hands now – he signals a diamond and the crowd know what is coming now. As Mysterio gets to his feet, DDP stalks him and waits … He goes for the Diamond Cutter but Mysterio shoves him away to avoid what would surely have been a loss on his debut there. Page rushes at Mysterio once more but the Mexican ducks his punch, he then leaps over him as he comes off the ropes and then springboards off the ropes himself … Diving Crossbody! Mysterio hooks the leg of DDP …

1!
2!
NO!

DDP REVERSES THE PINFALL …

DDP counters the pinfall into a roll up of his own on Mysterio …

1!
2!

DDP HAS THE TIGHTS!

NO!

MYSTERIO ESCAPES THOUGH!

Both men again get to their feet, they trade blows – Mysterio needs to stop that right away and he ducks a shot from DDP again and hits a low dropkick to the knees of the former WCW Champion. Page drops to his knees and Rey hits a DDT of his own that takes his opponent down. Mysterio is getting on a roll here and he heads for the top turnbuckle now, he waits for DDT to get to his feet and then he hits a dropkick to the chest of DDP that sends him down again. DDP, fearing the worst, rolls out of the ring to avoid Mysterio’s onslaught but this doesn’t deter the Mexican … SUICIDE DIVE! Mysterio dives through the ropes and takes down DDP on the outside to the delight of the crowd. The referee begins another countout and Mysterio heads back into the ring at 5 – will DDP make it?

5!
6!
7!
8!

NO!

DDP ROLLS BACK INTO THE RING AS WELL!

Who is going to win this one, a keenly fought opening match here in the tournament to crown an Undisputed WWF Champion? When DDP gets up, Mysterio springboards off the middle rope and over DDP, he uses the Sunset Flip to drag Page over into a roll up …

1!
2!
NO!

DDP KICKS OUT!

DDP scrambles up quickly and he hits a right hand to the face of Mysterio; he then whips Mysterio to the ropes and, as Rey comes back off the ropes, he hits a tilt-a-whirl slam, TRIP TO THE DIAMOND MINE, and crashes him down onto the mat again. With Mysterio now dazed, DDP has another shot at hitting the Diamond Cutter … NO! Mysterio sees it coming this time and counters with a dropkick to the back. DDP ends up sprawled over the middle ropes and Mysterio points a finger in the air … He hits the opposite ropes and comes over the ring, he swings his legs out of the ring and kicks DDP right in the face – what is later to be known as the 619! DDP staggers back from the ropes clutching his mouth and Mysterio leaps up onto the top rope and waits … He springboards off … HURRICANRANA! MYSTERIO HITS THE HURRICANRANA TAKEDOWN INTO THE PIN! Has Mysterio got him beaten here?

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 08:44)

REY MYSTERIO
(Advances to the Qualifying Round)
The crowd pop big time as Mysterio picks up a huge win here tonight on his debut in the World Wrestling Federation! As “619” echoes through the arena, Mysterio leaps onto the middle buckle and he salutes the fans who cheer his victory here tonight. DDP looks shell-shocked as he is on his knees, centre of the ring, head in his hands. He watches Mysterio celebrating and shakes his head – after what Vince McMahon said before, he knows that this defeat has sealed his fate. JR and Tazz mention that this probably means that DDP’s time in the WWF is over but Rey Mysterio’s time is only just beginning. Mysterio is into the qualifying round with the current WWF Champions and the Team WWF guys from Survivor Series. But who will be joining him later tonight?

sendpm.gif
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Default November 26, 2001: RAW (cont)

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
(continued)

RAW returns with a distraught looking DDP walking down a corridor backstage in the arena. He is looking devastated over the loss to Mysterio and doesn’t seem to believe what has happened to him here tonight on RAW. As Page rounds a corner, he almost walks into a grinning Vince McMahon whose eyes light up at the sight of the former Alliance member. DDP looks beseechingly at McMahon as if he is praying that the coup de grace doesn’t happen …

VINCE McMAHON: Well, well, well – Diamond Dallas Page!

McMahon laughs as he walks closer to DDP who has stopped walking now. He looks fearful as he waits for McMahon to speak once more …

VINCE McMAHON: Now, wasn’t there something I had to say to you?

McMahon mocks a pondering face as DDP looks on horrified at what he is about to hear next …

VINCE McMAHON: Oh yes, I remember now! Diamond Dallas Page ... YOU’RE FIIIIIRRRRREEEEDDDDD!

The crowd cheer as McMahon pats DDP on the shoulder and walks past him. The camera focuses on the face of DDP who looks like his dreams have just been shattered here tonight – Diamond Dallas Page has been fired from the World Wrestling Federation here tonight! The cameras switch to the interview pit where Rey Mysterio is standing with Lilian Garcia; she congratulates him on the win tonight and asks him if he believes he can win the Undisputed WWF Championship in two weeks’ time.

REY MYSTERIO: Thank you, Lilian. Tonight was a tough match for me, I had to give everything I had to win the match. But now I am in the next round, I am going to do whatever I need to do, yo haré lo que tengo que hacer, I want to be the Undisputed WWF Champion.

Mysterio takes a breath before continuing.

REY MYSTERIO: Can I win the title? No sé, no sé, but I will do everything I can to make it happen for all of you great fans, mi familia and for San Diego and the 6 … 1 … 9!

Mysterio smiles at Lilian and exits the interview area before the cameras switch back to the ringside area for the next match of the evening.

“CAN YOU DIG IT … SUCKA?”

“RAP SHEET”

*** BOOKER T ***
HOUSTON, TEXAS

The master of the “Spinneroonie” heads out as the flames light up the stage and the crowd boo and jeer. As the former 5-time WCW Champion heads to the ring, a look of dislike on his face as he looks to the fans, JR and Tazz discuss how lucky Booker T is to be here after Vince McMahon’s ultimatum that he got Austin back by the end of SMACKDOWN. However, JR hypes up Booker’s past and his record as the WCW Champion and says that he cannot be ignored here in this tournament. However, Tazz, whilst agreeing that Booker should not be underestimated, says that he just believes that this might be Matt Hardy’s time.

“LOADED”
*** MATT HARDY ***
CAMERON, NORTH CAROLINA | w/LITA

Accompanied by his girlfriend, Lita, Matt Hardy heads out into the arena to a good reaction – although there is a little negativity in the air after his issues with his brother, Jeff, recently – ready for his match here tonight with Booker T. He runs to the ring and slides under the bottom rope before leaping up on the turnbuckle and hitting the Hardy pose as a salute to the fans. Can Matt Hardy cause what would be an upset here tonight and make it into the Qualifying round later this week? JR and Tazz suggest that Jeff Hardy is absent because he is preparing for his match later tonight and that Matt has the chance here tonight to go it alone.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH

BOOKER T vs. MATT HARDY (w/Lita)

An even contest in the early going as Booker T and Matt Hardy both look to advance in the tournament and reach the final qualifying round. The crowd are firmly behind Hardy as he faces off against the unpopular Booker and he takes it to the former WCW Champion in the early going. Booker, however, manages to get control of the match and he uses a spinebuster to crash Matt down onto the mat as he looks for a running clothesline. From this point, Matt struggles to get back into the contest as Booker controls the tempo of things. However, he is unable to put Hardy away as we head past the 8:00 mark …

CLOSING MOMENTS: Looking to put Hardy away, Booker heads to the top turnbuckle and waits for Matt to get to his feet. Wobbling, Hardy gets up and Booker hits a missile dropkick from the top rope that crashes Matt to the mat. Booker grabs Hardy’s leg and makes the pinfall …

1!
2!
NO!

HARDY KICKS OUT AT 2!

The crowd rally behind Matt once more and try to encourage him but Booker looks round with an annoyed look on his face. He looks determined to win this one and he grabs Matt and drags him off the mat – he whips him to the ropes and then, as Matt comes back towards him, he lifts him up and round and into a Sidewalk Slam. Booker hooks the leg again, he is desperate to put Hardy away here …

1!
2!
NO!

HARDY KICKS OUT ONCE AGAIN!

Frustrated once more, Booker stomps down on the chest and stomach of Hardy several times before dropping an elbow over him as well. As Hardy writhes on the mat, Booker leans back to the ropes and comes off them, he performs a few theatrics before dropping his knee across the chest of his opponent. Booker smirks as a “Let’s go, Hardy!” chant springs up from the crowd, encouraged by Lita, he waits for Hardy to stagger his way up into the corner. Booker drags him out of the corner and up against the ropes, he hits several knife edged chops that seem to sting Hardy’s chest. Booker is on top but he then makes an error of judgement as he whips Matt across the ring to the ropes and goes for a high knee; Matt ducks under Booker’s leg and hits the opposite ropes … Forearm smash to the face! Here comes Hardy’s comeback! Hardy whips Booker to the ropes and then hits a belly to back suplex as he comes back. Hardy makes a cover now, has he done enough?

1!
NO!

BOOKER T KICKS OUT!

Both men quickly get to their feet and Booker swings at Hardy. Hardy ducks once more, he hits a standing dropkick that takes him down before whipping him into the corner with authority. With Booker in the corner, Hardy rushes over and hits a clothesline in the corner before hitting a bulldog to take Booker down once more headfirst into the mat. As Booker gets up to his knees, Hardy grabs him … DDT! Hardy makes the cover again …

1!
2!
NO!

KICK OUT FROM BOOKER!

Hardy is on a roll now to the delight of the crowd and he waits for Booker to get up. Kick to the gut, here we go … TWIST OF FATE! MATT HARDY HITS THE TWIST OF FATE! This would be an upset here, Hardy makes the cover once more!

1!
2!
NO!

BOOKER T GRABS THE BOTTOM ROPE!

Matt holds his head in frustration this time, he thought he had it there! However, he has Booker T down and he is in control of this now. Hardy waits for Booker to get to his knees and then he locks him up again. Inverted DDT! Matt has Booker T laid out on the mat and he is encouraged by the fans again and he looks to the top rope. Matt climbs to the top turnbuckle and he strikes a Hardy pose, he is ready to deliver the leg drop to Booker T when …

“ONE OF A KIND”
*** ROB VAN DAM ***
BATTLE CREEK, MICHIGAN | HARDCORE CHAMPION

What is happening here? Hardy pauses on the top rope and turns his attention to the stage where RVD comes out looking angry; JR and Tazz speculate that RVD is out here because of the attack from Matt Hardy after their Hardcore Championship match, including Jeff Hardy, last week on RAW. As RVD walks down to the ring, Hardy’s attention is taken and he fails to notice the movement of Bo0ker T behind him. Lita is trying to warn him but Hardy is staring at RVD when Booker drags him off the ropes instead. Matt, completely caught out, stumbles as he lands on his feet and Booker takes advantage – SUPERKICK from the former WCW Champion lays Matt out. RVD has backed off now and he appears to have achieved what he wanted to achieve. Booker waits for Matt to get to his knees and then he prepares himself … SCISSORS KICK! BOOKER T HITS THE SCISSORS KICK ON MATT! He hooks the leg of Matt and this appears to be the end of things …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 10:22)

BOOKER T
Booker T celebrates; he is through to the final qualifying round ahead of the UNDISPUTED PPV in 13 days’ time. As the referee raises his hand, Matt looks shocked as he comes round a little and questions what happened. As Booker exits the ring, JR and Tazz discuss the replays of RVD’s distraction; JR says it is a shame that the match had to end in such a controversial fashion but Tazz says that Matt had it coming after his actions last week when he attacked RVD post-match. The cameras return to the ring and we see an angry looking Matt, Lita trying to console him, staring up at the titantron where he just saw the replay. He cannot believe what happened there and he look furious when all of a sudden … BAM! ROB VAN DAM SMASHES HARDY WITH A STEEL CHAIR! Matt collapses in a heap and RVD stands over him, drops the chair and lifts his hand … The crowd chant along … R … V … D! As Matt lies face down on the mat, RVD steps away laughing to himself whilst Lita looks on in dismay over the situation. Tazz suggests that RVD just took revenge in the best possible way!

RAW returns with with replays of the two pre-qualifying matches so far; we see Rey Mysterio’s win over Diamond Dallas Page on his WWF debut as JR reminds us that DDP was fired afterwards and then we see the controversial ending of Booker T’s victory over Matt Hardy where RVD caused a distraction. Backstage, the cameras follow Matt Hardy, sweating and obviously hurting from the previous match, with Lita following him. He barges past some backstage officials before kicking open a locker room door where Jeff Hardy is warming up ready for his match later tonight. Matt walks in and pulls Jeff around, he appears to be annoyed with Jeff for some reason!

MATT HARDY: Where were you, Jeff? Where were you?

Jeff looks shocked but he adjusts himself and answers.

JEFF HARDY: Look, man, I don’t know what you’re on about. I wasn’t watching – what happened?

Matt looks furious with this comment from his younger brother.

MATT HARDY: What happened? You didn’t … RVD! That’s what happened!

JEFF HARDY: What did he do?

MATT HARDY: He cost me that match, Jeff, he attacked me with a chair. And where were you? Where were you when I was getting hit with a chair, Jeff?

Jeff looks apologetic but he gathers himself.

JEFF HARDY: Matt, I wasn’t watching. I’ve got a match with Regal later tonight, I was getting ready …

MATT HARDY: You’re supposed to be my brother, Jeff! We’re supposed to have each other’s back, man!

Jeff shakes his head in exasperation and throws down his shirt in anger.

JEFF HARDY: Look, man, I have a match tonight with Regal and that is all I am concentrating on right now. I am sorry that you got beat but it is not my fault. Tonight, we are going it alone …

Matt looks annoyed at this comment as well.

MATT HARDY: Going it alone? We’re Team Extreme aren’t we? Jeff, we’ve been dreaming of this for years – you’re supposed to have my back.

JEFF HARDY: Leave it, man. I’m up next, Regal is tough and I need to be ready. I don’t need this right now.

Jeff makes to leave the locker room but Matt refuses to move and there is a huge element of tension in the air right now.

JEFF HARDY: Get out of my way, Matt.

Matt stands his ground and Jeff gets closer to him. As they get face to face, it appears that Jeff might force his way past.

LITA: Matt … Jeff … Please don’t …

Matt steps aside as he continues to stare into his younger brother’s eyes.

JEFF HARDY: Look, I’m sorry you lost, Matt. But I’ve got to go out there now and beat Regal – and I want to do this on my own. This is important to me.

Jeff steps past Matt and Lita and heads out of the locker room as Matt looks on annoyed with his brother. JR informs us that Jeff’s match against William Regal is coming up next! Before that, however, we see highlights of Goldberg’s WCW debut as WWF looks to hype up the arrival of the former WCW superstar ahead of his WWF debut in two weeks’ time.

COMING TO THE WWF AT UNDISPUTED
*** GOLDBERG ***
WWF UNDISPUTED | 2 WEEKS TO GO | LIVE ON PPV

As the highlight video ends, JR and Tazz discuss the impending arrival of Goldberg and how he is going to impact here in the WWF. Tazz suggests that if Goldberg had been with the WCW and ECW Alliance for their Invasion, things might have worked out a hell of a lot differently to the way they did – he suggests that he could be presenting WCW Monday Nitro right now with Mike Tenay instead! JR says that Goldberg is a serious contender to become the WWF Undisputed Championship if he is prepared and ready – he has had a long time off from wrestling – and that the superstars in the tournament should be prepared to feel some pain if they face him.

“VILLAIN”
*** WILLIAM REGAL ***
BLACKPOOL, ENGLAND

A look of disgust on his face (as usual), Regal heads out ready for his first match in the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament as he looks to take advantage of Jeff Hardy’s problems with his brother here tonight. He gets into the ring and taunts the crowd by waving at them as they boo and jeer him; the crowd are against Regal tonight but he doesn’t appear to notice and/or care. However, the jeers change to cheers as soon as the music of his opponent hits …

“LOADED”
*** JEFF HARDY ***
CAMERON, NORTH CAROLINA

A big pop as Jeff comes running out onto the stage, he strikes a Hardy pose and then rushes down towards the ring ready for what is one of the biggest singles matches of his career. As he salutes the fans, JR and Tazz discuss the problems between Jeff and Matt; Tazz says that it is imperative that Jeff gets his mind focused on the match with Regal and not on these issues with his brother. The referee signals for the bell and we’re on the way here in the third of our pre-qualifying round matches …

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH

JEFF HARDY vs. WILLIAM REGAL

A complete clash of styles here; it’s the high flying, fast paced style of Jeff Hardy against the technical, European style of William Regal and in the early going, the pompous Regal manages to slow the match down as he grounds Hardy on the mat. The crowd are against him as he targets the shoulder and back of Hardy as he tries to set up for the Regal Stretch later on. Hardy, though, keeps threatening a comeback and several times he fights back only for Regal to use his experience and know how to halt him in his tracks. Regal also uses his arsenal of dirty tricks as he keeps Jeff down and despite Jeff’s resilience, he retains control of the match for long spells.

CLOSING MOMENTS: Regal’s dominance continues as he hits an effective half nelson suplex that specifically targets the shoulder of Hardy once more, he lands heavily on it and Regal readjusts to roll Hardy up into a pinfall …

1!
2!
NO!

HARDY FIGHTS OUT!

However, Regal clearly didn’t expect to keep Jeff down there and he steps back as a groggy Hardy gets to his feet; a running knee lift follows and Jeff is down once more as Regal continues to control the tempo. A “Hardy! Hardy!” chant goes up as the crowd try to encourage the high flier but Regal silences it as he drags Jeff up and hits a neckbreaker that crashes him down once more. Another pinfall attempt from Regal here …

1!
2!
NO!

HARDY KICKS OUT!

Regal complains to the referee for a minute and then hits a series of forearm smashes to Hardy as he is laid on the mat before he goes for another pinfall attempt …

1!
2!
NO!

HARDY KICKS OUT AGAIN!

Frustrated, Regal lifts Jeff hook and hooks both arms, lifts him high … Double Underhook Suplex! Regal drops Hardy down hard onto his back and then leaves Hardy writhing in pain on his back with a look of pleasure in his eyes. As Jeff rolls over onto his stomach, Regal drops down to his knees beside him and locks him up … REGAL STRETCH! REGAL LOCKS IN THE REGAL STRETCH ON JEFF HARDY! Jeff is struggling as Regal stretches his shoulder, the shoulder he injured, he is desperately trying to get to the ropes but they are a foot out of reach. The referee is asking Hardy if he wants to quit but Jeff frantically shakes his head; the crowd are trying to encourage Jeff to make the ropes but he is really struggling. Regal pulls back as much as he can and Jeff screams out in pain but edges his way a little closer towards the ropes. He is getting closer and closer and his fingertips are brushing the ropes; can Regal hold him away from the ropes? The referee is watching closely – will Jeff tap out or will he make the ropes?

*** JEFF REACHES THE BOTTOM ROPE! ***

The crowd cheer and scream as Jeff gets to the ropes and the referee demands that Regal releases the hold. Annoyed, Regal does release the hold and then he grabs the foot of Hardy and drags him back towards the centre of the ring. Jeff tries to fight it but Regal has control still. He stomps into the back of Hardy and then drops down again. REGAL STRETCH? BUT HARDY COUNTERS IT AND ROLLS REGAL UP INSTEAD!

1!
2!
NO!

REGAL KICKS OUT JUST IN TIME!

A loud gasp from the crowd; for a moment, it looked as if Jeff was going to spring a surprise there. As they get to their feet, Regal uses a series of European uppercuts to stagger Hardy back but then Jeff manages to start returning the favour with some right hands of his own. Jeff swings a wild one to try and end the trading of blows but signals it too much, Regal ducks and wraps his hands round Hardy’s waist. He attempts a German Suplex but Hardy hooks his leg around Regal’s to counter it, he breaks loose and turns round to hit a standing dropkick that staggers Regal to the corner. As Regal comes back out of the corner, Jeff positions his head under his opponent’s jaw … Jawbreaker! Could Hardy have done enough here? He goes for a cover …

1!
2!
NO!

REGAL KICKS OUT!

Hardy is on a roll now though and he continues his assault on Regal. Regal counters by whipping Hardy to the corner and following him in but Hardy counters …WHISPER IN THE WIND! Regal rolls out of the ring to safety but the tide has turned now and Jeff exits the ring as well and balances on the barricades, he runs around the corner of the ring four foot up and dives off into a clothesline that crashes Regal down outside the ring. The crowd are right behind him here and he rolls Regal back into the ring before climbing to the top rope … but Regal gets to his feet and staggers away to prevent Hardy going for the Swanton Bomb right now. Instead, Hardy leaps down and lands on his feet, he rushes to Regal in the corner and goes for Poetry in Motion but Regal avoids it and Hardy crashes into the turnbuckles instead. As he groggily gets back up, Regal sets himself … He hooks Hardy’s arms once more and lifts his opponent high … REGAL BOMB! WILLIAM REGAL HITS HIS POWERBOMB ON JEFF HARDY! This one looks to be over …

1!
2!
NO!

HARDY STUNS REGAL BY KICKING OUT!

The crowd go wild as Jeff manages to kick out one more time. However, Regal is mortified and resorts to stiff right hands – JR comments that this is out of Regal’s usual moveset – before he picks Hardy up. He lifts him into a Fireman’s Carry and sets for a Regal Roll but Jeff slips down behind him instead. As Regal turns, Jeff kicks him in the stomach and then sets for a suplex, he sits out and crashes Regal down with an inverted suplex. Everybody is expecting Hardy to go for the victory here but instead he heads for the top rope and the excitement amongst the crowd builds … Can he hit it? SWANTON BOMB! JEFF HARDY HITS THE SWANTON BOMB! As the crowd go crazy, Jeff hooks the leg …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 09:38)

JEFF HARDY
As the crowd show their appreciation for his efforts, Jeff Hardy takes a moment to celebrate to himself before he leaps up on the ropes and salutes the fans. He is clearly delighted to have caused what could be seen as an upset here tonight; Jeff could go all the way to the UNDISPUTED PPV and win the Undisputed WWF Championship. JR and Tazz congratulate Hardy on commentary and say that he deserves this chance before we see Matt Hardy and Lita watching a TV monitor backstage. Lita looks delighted for her fellow Team Extreme member but Matt, understandably, has mixed emotions – Jeff has succeeded where Matt earlier failed. JR points out that we now know the identity of three of the final four men in the Qualifying Round – Rey Mysterio, Booker T and Jeff Hardy who beat DDP, Matt Hardy and William Regal respectively. JR hypes up the Test vs. Triple H match that will conclude the pre-qualifying round later tonight as RAW heads into a commercial with Jeff celebrating in the ring.

RAW returns with a black limo pulling into the backstage area of the arena. JR and Tazz speculate over who might be in the limosine as it comes to a stop and the back door opens and out steps … TRIPLE H! There is a huge pop in the arena as Triple H sets foot into the arena carrying his bags ready for his huge return to the World Wrestling Federation. JR reminds us that Hunter is back after six months out with a torn quadriceps muscle and that tonight he is here to take the first steps towards becoming the WWF Undisputed Champion. Tazz says that he is delighted to see “The Game” making his return here tonight and that he is going to be a major danger to the rest of the World Wrestling Federation superstars who want to be the champion as well. However, Triple H doesn’t walk straight in – he holds the door of the limo open and out steps Stephanie McMahon Helmsley! The “Billion Dollar Princess” is back as well, the wife of Triple H and, of course, the daughter of Vince McMahon. JR reminds us about Stephanie’s recent actions during her husband’s injury lay-off; she bought ECW and worked in conjunction with the WCW, run by her brother Shane McMahon, and Paul Heyman to try and run the WWF out of business. She looks round a little nervously as if she is expecting some issues about being here tonight back in the WWF. Triple H closes the door and the couple walk into the arena with many backstage officials greeting Hunter as he makes his return. They round a corner and there, standing waiting for them, is the Chairman of the WWF, Vince McMahon.

VINCE McMAHON: TRIPLE H! Welcome back!

Vince laughs his famed laugh and shakes the hand of the returning superstar who smiles; he is clearly happy to be back here tonight. However, Vince’s expression changes when he spots Stephanie behind Hunter …

VINCE McMAHON: And look what we have here … Stephanie McMahon Helmsley! I’ve got nothing to say to you, get out of here!

In the arena, there is a none too complimentary chant being directed at Stephanie and she looks almost apologetic as she faces up to her father for the first time since the ECW and WCW Alliance was defeated at Survivor Series.

STEPHANIE McMAHON: Daddy, please listen, I am so sorry about everything that happened, it just got out of hand …

VINCE McMAHON: Out of hand, huh?

STEPHANIE McMAHON: Daddy, it was … it was all Shane’s fault. He was the one who came up with the idea, I wanted to stop it but I couldn’t, Daddy, I couldn’t. I just …

Triple H raises his hand to Stephanie and encourages her to quieten down. He looks to Vince McMahon and then to Steph before commenting himself.

TRIPLE H: Hold it, guys, enough of the family domestic. Tonight isn’t about your family problems, tonight is about my return from injury. Tonight is about my return to the World Wrestling Federation and the start of my Undisputed WWF Championship run. Tonight, I’m going one on one with Test and I don’t want to hear any more about the Alliance …

Vince McMahon looks annoyed with Triple H for telling him about what is important tonight.

VINCE McMAHON: Hunter, I’m gonna’ stop you right there. I understand that you’re looking forward to your big match later tonight but I’ve got more important things on my mind right now.

Vince turns and looks straight at his daughter; he ignores Triple H’s protestations and takes a step towards her. Stephanie looks a little shaken as Vince advances towards her. Hunter smirks and rolls his eyes.

VINCE McMAHON: You seem to forget, Steph, I know you better than anybody. I know how driven you really are. I know that “Daddy’s Little Princess” would never do anything just because somebody told her to. You make your own decisions and you know what you want.

STEPHANIE McMAHON: No, Daddy, I was …

VINCE McMAHON: I have no doubt that Shane was the driving force behind the whole Alliance thing, I have no doubt that that slimeball Paul Heyman was poisoning your head with ideas but it was you that put those ideas in place.

Stephanie McMahon looks agitated and tries to interrupt her father again.

STEPHANIE McMAHON: Daddy, no, please …

VINCE McMAHON: It was you that slapped your own mother, Stephanie, it was you that tried to destroy the World Wrestling Federation and it was you who ripped this family in half. I told you that when the WWF destroyed the Alliance at Survivor Series, I wanted you and Shane out of the WWF forever.

Stephanie looks aghast as she tries to plead with her father. Triple H shakes his head and walks away from the warring father and daughter, he is refusing to let his focus on his return get sidetracked here tonight.

VINCE McMAHON: Now, do everybody a favour, get back in that limosine and get the hell out of the arena.

Stephanie pleads with her father again, he grabs his arm and wails at him.

STEPHANIE McMAHON: Nooo! Daddy, please, I’m begging you!

VINCE McMAHON: NOW!

Vince roughly pulls his arm away from Stephanie as she wails louder and drops to her knees. She watches her father walk away and it appears that she cannot believe that he has followed up on what he said. As he leaves, Vince stops at the corner of the corridor and looks back at his daughter; for a second, Vince appears to have second thoughts … and then he continues around the corner and out of the way leaving Stephanie wailing.

The cameras switch elsewhere backstage and we see Jeff Hardy in his locker room, he is smiling wide after his victory over William Regal before the break. He is starting to get changed and he shoves some clothing items into his bag when into the locker room come his brother, Matt Hardy, and Lita. Lita is delighted to see Jeff and she rushes over to him and embraces him as Jeff looks over her shoulder to his brother. As Lita and Jeff separate, the tension is clear between the two brothers after their earlier exchanges when Matt was angry at Jeff for not coming out to save him from RVD’s attack. However, it is Matt who makes the first move; he smiles at Jeff and offers his hand to him. Jeff reaches out and shakes it and the two brothers embrace as well.

MATT HARDY: Look, Jeff, I’m sorry about earlier. I was just disappointed about losing to Booker, I didn’t mean to take it out on you, man.

JEFF HARDY: I know, Matt. I just wasn’t watching. I was focusing on going out there and beating Regal, I thought it was best that we went out there and did our own thing tonight.

Lita shakes her head and interrupts things for a moment. She slaps both brothers on the shoulders and laughs.

LITA: You two are impossible! Here we are, Team Extreme, you’re the multiple time Tag Team Champions and now you’re both making waves in singles competition as well. Everything is going so well, guys. You have got to stop arguing about things.

Matt and Jeff look awkward as they listen to Lita; she is right of course.

LITA: Look at everything we have right now. At some point, you’re going to get a shot again at those Tag Team Championships. Matt, you proved tonight that you can stand up to the best in the WWF – you had Booker T beat, you were this close to getting a shot at the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament …

An anguished look on the face of Matt Hardy as he remembers how RVD’s distraction cost him the match.

LITA: Jeff, you’ve just beaten Regal, you’re one match away from the UNDISPUTED pay-per-view and a shot at the Undisputed WWF Championship. Team Extreme are so close to dominating both the Tag Team division and the singles competition here in the WWF – you have got to get back on the same page. Forget what happened at Survivor Series, Matt. Forget what happened last week on RAW, Jeff. We need to stick together as a team.

Jeff and Matt look to each other with strange, tense looks on their faces; they appear to be really awkward with this but Lita’s words appear to have struck home here. Slowly, the two brothers embrace and they hug each other. As they pull apart, they’re both smiling at last and they exit the locker room together as Lita watches on smiling ...

LITA: I’m brilliant!

Lita smiles to herself and follows them out as RAW heads into another commercial break …

sendpm.gif
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Default November 26, 2001: RAW (cont)

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
(continued)

RAW returns with a replay of Stephanie McMahon being ordered to leave the arena by her father, Vince McMahon. We then switch to an unseen replay of Stephanie leaving the arena as she gets into the limo, looking angry but upset, and the limo exits the arena. As the replay ends, JR and Tazz suggest that Stephanie may not be seen in the World Wrestling Federation again now and then Tazz suggests that Triple H appeared to be focused as he prepares for his match with Test later tonight.

“YEAH – WE’RE COMIN’ DOWN!”

“WE’RE COMIN’ DOWN”

*** DUDLEY BOYZ ***
DUDLEYVILLE | UNDISPUTED WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS | w/STACY KEIBLER

Red pyro travels down from the ceiling and explodes on the stage to signal the arrival of the WWF Tag Team Champions – the Dudley Boys. Dressed in black and white camouflage and accompanied by the sultry Stacy Keibler, out comes Bubba Ray first and then D’Von both with their Tag Team Championship belts and they flash the Dudley signs to the crowd who boo their arrival. As the Tag Team Champions head down towards the ring, JR reminds us of the Dudleys’ comments last week that there is a lack of competition in the Tag Team division for them to face and that they are planning to leave the WWF after WrestleMania 18 – as Tag Team Champions. Tazz says that he knows the Dudley Boyz well and that they wouldn’t say this if they didn’t mean it. He also suggests that they are talented enough to make it to WrestleMania as the champions. Into the ring they step, D’Von and Bubba Ray taunt the fans as Stacy Keibler impresses the men in attendance with her long legs. As their music ends, Bubba Ray and D’Von take microphones and speak to the fans …

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: Last week on SMACKDOWN, we told you all that we are going to be leaving the World Wrestling Federation after WrestleMania 18.

Boos and jeers rain down on the Tag Team Champions but they smirk and laugh; Stacy Keibler tells the crowd to shut up and listen to what they have to say which does them no favours at all.

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: Since we made this announcement, my brother D’Von and I have been asked a million times – WHY? Why are the Dudley Boys leaving the WWF?

Bubba Ray looks to his brother and then to Stacy as if asking them.

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: The answer is simple - ain’t it, D’Von?

D’VON DUDLEY: Oh, my brother, it is so simple – even these people here in …

More boos as D’Von begins speaking and as he begins his insult to Oklahoma …

D’VON DUDLEY: Even you people here in Oklahoma can understand this.

Major heat on the Dudleys right now but they don’t care a bit.

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: Things are too EASY around here now. When we joined the ECW and WCW Alliance, Paul Heyman told …

The arena erupts with boos at the mention of Heyman …

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: Paul Heyman promised us that he would find the best Tag Team competition in the world for the Dudley Boyz to face. He told us that we would be facing the best challengers for our Tag Team Championship belts …

D’VON DUDLEY: At Survivor Series, we truly believed that the Alliance would win, we wanted to beat the Hardy Boys and eliminate them for good. Jeff and Matt are not fit to lace our boots …

Boos for this comment as the Dudleys now insult the popular Hardy Boys. In the ring, Stacy beckons to D’Von to let her say something …

STACY KEIBLER: And don’t get me started on Lita!

Bubba Ray and D’Von laugh as Stacy insults the final member of Team Extreme; JR comments that the Hardys might have more on their minds tonight than some insults from the ‘damn’ Dudleys …

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: Yet here we are, D’Von, Tag Team Champions in a company without Paul E. and with pathetic challengers like the Hardy Boys. Pathetic losers like the APA …

The crowd jeer them for these comments as Bubba looks annoyed.

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: There is no competition left here in the WWF for the Dudley Boys and that is why we will be leaving, as Tag Team Champions, after WrestleMania 18.

D’VON DUDLEY: Oh, my brother, TESTIFY!

The Dudleys hold up their Tag Team Championships as Stacy hypes them up in the ring, they taunt the Oklahoma crowd here …

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: But we’ve decided to give the rest of the Tag Teams here in the World Wrestling Federation a chance to prove that they aren’t pathetic. We’re giving them an opportunity to come out here and prove that they can challenge us and stand a chance of winning these titles …

Bubba Ray points to his title belt before looking at D’Von …

D’VON DUDLEY: Bubba, that’s right! Listen up, we’re issuing an open challenge to any of the Tag Team division right now. Come out here and beat the Dudley Boyz in a Tables match – and we’ll give a Tag Team Championship match to any team that can beat us.

Bubba Ray is smiling a wicked smile as he considers this. His eyes are lighting up at the prospect of putting some poor soul through a table.

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: Oh yeah, D’Von! Come on out here, who is going to take on our challenge?

The Dudleys and Stacy turn their attention towards the ‘tron and stage area and await the first team to take on their challenge as JR and Tazz summarise it once more. If any team can come out and beat the Dudleys in a Tables match, they will then get a future Tag Team Championship match to try and “save” the WWF Tag Team Championships. The crowd, as well as the champions, are waiting and waiting …

… until:

“TOUGH ENOUGH”
*** AL SNOW & SPIKE DUDLEY ***

Accompanied by what looks to be his partner here tonight in Al Snow, the younger brother of Bubba Ray and D’Von, Spike Dudley, heads out to cheers from the crowd who are delighted to see his return here tonight. JR reminds us that Spike has been out of action for a few weeks after being injured by the Dudleys and that tonight signals his return to the ring. Tazz says that Spike might be making a big, big mistake by coming out here to challenge his brothers tonight. Snow’s music is faded out as Spike has a microphone and is looking to speak …

SPIKE DUDLEY: You guys always crack me up. You come out here running down all of the other teams here in the World Wrestling Federation, you describe the Hardy Boys as being pathetic – can I remind you of this?

Spike points to the titantron and a replay airs from Survivor Series …

Spike is smirking as the replay ends but the Dudleys look a little annoyed. Al Snow is stood beside Spike as they prepare to get into the ring and challenge the Tag Team Champions but Spike has more to say …

SPIKE DUDLEY: You see, my brothers, you come out here and make all these claims but everybody knows that they’re a load of crap. The Hardys had you beat at Survivor Series, you know it, we all know it.

Al Snow applauds the comments of his ‘partner’ here tonight as Bubba Ray and D’Von look on with a look of fury in their eyes.

SPIKE DUDLEY: You think you are unbeatable, huh? Well, tonight, Al and I are gonna’ prove that you’re not unbeatable, we’re going to accept your challenge here tonight and we’re gonna’ put your asses through a table.

The Dudleys beckon for Spike and Al Snow to get into the ring, they want to make them pay for these comments right now. However, as Spike and Snow enter the ring, Spike laughs and points to his brothers.

SPIKE DUDLEY: And when we’ve done that, we’re going to beat you and take your damn Tag Team Championships away from you. Now how do you like that, Al?

AL SNOW: Oh, Spike … TESTIFY!

The referee backs the Dudley Boyz up and it appears that we have an impromptu Tables match here – can Spike and Al Snow cause an upset and earn themselves a shot at the Tag Team Championships?

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
NON-TITLE TABLES MATCH
AL SNOW & SPIKE DUDLEY vs. DUDLEY BOYZ
(if Spike Dudley and Al Snow win, they will get a future Tag Team Championship match)

After Spike’s insulting words towards them, Bubba Ray and D’Von are fired up and they immediately target Spike. The Tag Team Champions beat down on both Spike and Snow for long periods in the early going and it appears that Snow and Spike are not in the same league as their opponents until Spike fires up for a comeback when he shoves D’Von backwards off the turnbuckles. Spike follows up with a dropkick from the top rope but he doesn’t notice Bubba Ray who has powerbombed Snow to the mat and shoved him under the bottom rope and out of the ring. Bubba gets back on top and slams Spike to the mat – a sure sign that D’Von is heading for the top rope … WHATSSSSUP! D’Von dives off the top rope and crashes his head down into Spike’s groin area before Bubba shoves D’Von in the chest and shouts out for the world to hear …

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: D’VONNN!

D’VON DUDLEY: WHAT?!

The 300 pound Dudley looks around at the audience a little, they are excited despite their dislike of the champions, before pointing out of the ring …

BUBBA RAY DUDLEY: GET THE TABLES!

CLOSING MOMENTS: The crowd cheer as D’Von heads out of the ring to get a table. However, in the ring, Al Snow returns to the fight and takes it to Bubba with a barrage of right hands before he clotheslines him over the top rope to the outside. D’Von, having already slid the table into the ring, comes to the aid of his brother and spins Snow round to confront him. He whips him across the ring and ducks a clothesline before hitting a shoulder block that takes him down with a thud. Spike swings at D’Von as well but this is ducked and with Bubba sliding back into the ring … 3D! THE DUDLEY DEATH DROP! If the match was a normal match, it would be all over now but it is a Tables match and the aim of the game is to put an opponent through a table. D’Von sets up the table whilst Bubba, still angered over Spike’s insults, gets in the face of the runt of the Dudley litter and verbally abuses him. Dragging Spike up by the hair, Bubba is clearly directing traffic here as he tells D’Von to position the table near the turnbuckles. Bubba back up and climbs to the middle rope as D’Von lifts Spike up in the air. Bubba Ray has Spike set up for a powerbomb from the middle rope here, this would surely break the table … But Spike counters into a Hurricanrana instead! D’Von notices just in time and shoves the table over and away to save the match but Bubba smashes down hard on the mat as the crowd cheer. D’Von attacks Spike as well now but there is a change in the tide – the arrival of Al Snow allows a 2 on 1 situation to develop and D’Von is soon beaten down. Aggressively, Snow lifts D’Von high … SNOW PLOW! AL SNOW HITS THE SNOW PLOW ON D’VON! The crowd are going wild as Snow and Spike communicate with each other – they drag the table from the corner and set it up carefully. Spike grabs Bubba Ray as he gets to his knees and locks in a headlock, he is going to go for a Dudley Dog to put Bubba through a table here … DUDLEY DOG? NO! Bubba Ray counters and throws Spike away from him towards the table …

SPIKE FLIES THROUGH THE AIR …
HITS THE TABLE …
CRASH!

SPIKE DUDLEY HAS BEEN PUT THROUGH THE TABLE BY BUBBA RAY DUDLEY!

WINNER
(at 05:37)

DUDLEY BOYZ
As Al Snow checks on his partner here tonight, Spike, as he lays amongst the wreckage of the wooden table, Bubba Ray falls to the mat, rolls out of the ring and grabs the Tag Team Championship belts with a look of relief on his face. Walking around the ring, Bubba finds his brother D’Von and the pair of them, holding on to each other to stay stood up, stagger up the ramp and then drop down to their knees at the top. As JR says, Spike and Al Snow gave that one hell of a fight and were so close to earning a Tag Team Championship match there. Tazz praises the resilience and the know how of the Tag Team Champions though; he says that the Dudleys are so dangerous in a Tables match, at any point they can strike and BAM! You’re through the table. Spike is sat up with Al Snow and they stare out of the ring and up at the Dudley Boyz who continue to look relieved despite the win …

Backstage we go where Jonathan Coachman is standing with the Brothers of Destruction – Kane and the Undertaker! There is a pop in the arena as they come into view and ‘Coach’ asks them what their plans are for the Handicap match here tonight against Jericho and the X-Factor …

THE UNDERTAKER: Our plans, Coach? Our plans? Simple. Tonight, we plan on executing those three punks and making them pay with their souls. You know what, Jericho is a lucky son of a bitch already, Coach. At Survivor Series, he almost cost the World Wrestling Federation, the company that I have given my life to for over ten years, its survival when he attacked Rock. He was lucky I didn’t slit his throat right there and then …

Taker is intense tonight, he is ready to fight …

THE UNDERTAKER: Tonight is not about titles, it sure as hell ain’t about survival – tonight is about pain and suffering, ain’t that right, Kane?

Kane nods his masked face but he doesn’t speak; he stares into the camera and it appears that he is ready to destroy as well.

THE UNDERTAKER: It’ll be all about pain and suffering for Chris Jericho, Coach. He was lucky at Survivor Series, he was even luckier last week on RAW when I accepted his words. As for the X-Factor, they’re out there tonight to make a name for themselves, they’re coming after the two biggest dogs in the yard and they’re making the biggest mistake of their careers. Kane and I, we’ve got our eyes on this Undisputed Championship but tonight, we’re going out there to make Jericho and X-Factor pay for their sins. After tonight, Coach, I wouldn’t expect to see Chris Jericho or the X-Factor for a long time, son.

Taker exits to the right as Kane’s deep breathing continues for a second before he exits as well. JR and Tazz hype up the match for later tonight – a 2 vs. 3 Handicap match, Undertaker and Kane against Chris Jericho and the X-Factor; however, next up, the final pre-qualifying match for the WWF Undisputed Championship tournament: Test up against the returning “Game”, Triple H!

As RAW returns, the next match is announced – the final pre-qualifying match is ready to go:

“TEST!
TEST!
THIS IS A TEST!”

“THIS IS A TEST”

*** TEST ***
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA

With a look of intense determination in his eyes, out steps Test wearing black trousers and he strides to the ring ignoring the jeers and the boos of the crowd here tonight. As he approaches the ring, JR reminds us of the attitude that Test has right now, thanks in the main to his win in the “Immunity” Battle Royal at the Survivor Series, and that he cannot be fired for one full calendar year – regardless of what he does. As Test steps over the top rope, Tazz tells us that although Triple H is the undoubted favourite here tonight, Test must not be taken lightly or else he could cause an upset here tonight. Once he is in the ring, we see that Test has a microphone and wishes to speak tonight before the match. As his music fades, Test gets a poor reception from the fans but he doesn’t care.

TEST: Yeah, yeah, listen to me.

No chance; the crowd boo louder as Test smirks at them.

TEST: You know, if I wanted to, I could come out there kick every single one of your teeth down every single one of your stinking throats. I mean, what exactly are the World Wrestling Federation going to do about it? Nothing. They can’t touch me. They don’t like it but the fact of the matter is simple – they can’t touch me.

More jeers for Test here even though he is telling the truth.

TEST: I don’t give a damn what all of you think about me, I don’t really care what anybody thinks of me. For the next year, I am employed by this company whether they like it or not. And by the time Survivor Series 2002 rolls around, I guarantee that they won’t want to fire me either.

Test is chewing gum as he speaks and he chews on it a little more as he waits for the fans to quieten again.

TEST: You see, I don’t think the World Wrestling Federation has the balls to fire the man who is their Undisputed WWF Champion – and believe me, I will be the Undisputed WWF Champion. Starting tonight, I am going to win match after match after match and I am going to walk out of the UNDISPUTED pay-per-view with the title around my waist. You see, I joined the Alliance because I wanted to feel appreciated. But now, I don’t care who appreciates me – I am going to force the World Wrestling Federation to appreciate me when I become the Undisputed Champion.

Test wipes his face for a moment before continuing. Despite the boos, many in the arena are listening to Test’s comments.

TEST: So, tonight, I face Triple H – the great Triple H … “The Game” himself. The husband of the bosses daughter. And, if you idiots can remember …

The insult to the crowd gets another rise …

TEST: That could have been me. I was engaged to Stephanie McMahon, I could have been the one that Vince McMahon backed like he has backed Hunter. So tonight, before I face him, I want a question answering – am I going to get a fair crack at it or not?

Interesting question, muses Tazz on commentary but JR shoots it down and says that Test is being ridiculous here.

TEST: Am I going to get a fair shot at beating Triple H? Or are the powers that be going to conspire against me and …

“IT’S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!”

“THE GAME”

*** TRIPLE H ***
GREENWICH, CONNECTICUT

A huge roar goes up around the arena as the music of the Cerebral Assassin himself blasts out around it; TRIPLE H IS BACK ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW! The arena descends into sudden darkness and a solitary spotlight shines down on the stage along with several green strobe lights – and into the spotlight, steps a shadow, the shadow of the four time WWF Champion who is returning from six months out injured. The crowd go wild as they see the head of Triple H rise, he takes a drink from his bottle and then steps out of the darkness and heads for the ring as the lights flash. Despite the darkness, it is clear that Hunter is back in tip-top condition, JR says that Triple H told him such last week when he interviewed him, but Tazz says that you can be in the perfect condition all you want, six months is a long time to gather ring rust and how match fit is he? As Hunter steps onto the apron, the spotlight falls on him once more and he sprays water into the air before heading into the ring to salute the fans. The crowd are delighted to see the return of one of the superstars of the wrestling business in the last few years and he acknowledges their cheers by posing in all four corners of the ring. With the lights back on, Hunter grabs a microphone of his own and stands facing Test ready to respond to his question. As they stand facing each other, the crowd begin a huge “Triple H! Triple H!” chant that lasts for almost a minute before Hunter can finally raise the microphone to speak. However, he seems to be finding it difficult to decide what to say … BAM! TRIPLE H DROPS THE MICROPHONE AND SMASHES TEST IN THE FACE!

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH

TEST vs. TRIPLE H

One of the classic RAW matches as both men go at it from the off with one thing in mind – qualify for the next stage of the tournament. As much as Hunter is the fans’ favourite on his return, Test is matching the four time WWF Champion as they slug it out in a back and forth match that demonstrates how much the WWF Undisputed Championship means to the people involved in the tournament. Every time Triple H seems to have got on top in the contest, Test responds with some power move that completely alters the momentum once more and he seems to be evenly matching “The Game” as he gets several near falls of his own. As the match goes past the 10:00 mark, both men are showing some signs of fatigue but they both appear to be as resilient as ever as they continue to battle and continue to give it everything to progress.

CLOSING MOMENTS: The match looks to be heading for a conclusion as both men start to look desperate and look to hit their big moves to try and end things. After several attempts at the Pedigree fail or are countered, the frustration begins to appear on Triple H’s face as he hits a DDT instead but knows that this won’t end things. As Hunter drags Test back to his feet, the wily young superstar picks his spot and maliciously targets the leg that Triple H has spent six months healing with a stiff kick to the knee. Although Hunter gives no immediate sign of the injury, Test continues to hit stiff kicks and a chop block to the leg and this targeting eventually leads to HHH walking with a limp once more. To the concern of the fans, he is holding his leg whenever he is down and Test now is getting time and space to laugh and consider his next move. Hunter attempts a comeback when Test shoots him into the ropes, he goes for a Sidewalk Slam but Hunter is able to wriggle clear of it and he hits a few right hands that have the crowd roaring in encouragement – until Test ducks one, hits the ropes himself and delivers a devastating clothesline that rattles Triple H and collapses him down to the mat once more. Pinfall attempt from Test here …

1!
2!
NO!

THE GAME KICKS OUT!

As Hunter staggers up and into the corner, he faces out into the arena and Test takes his chance to clothesline him on the back and shoulders. As HHH crumples forward in the corner, Test again stomps down on the ‘injured’ leg of the returning superstar over and over; it appears Test is trying to reinjure the Game here tonight. This is a vicious streak we’ve not seen in Test until recently and Tazz calls it on commentary that – like it or not – it is going to take Test a long way. Test steps back and waits for Triple H to come out of the corner but when he does, he hits a spinning Sidewalk Slam that crashes him down on his back once more. Test hooks the leg …

1!
2!
NO!

TRIPLE H BARELY KICKS OUT!

Annoyed with the kick out, Test kneels beside the fallen Triple H and starts to crash down heavy right hands that knock his opponent for six as he lays there on the mat trying to cover up as best he can. After seven or eight good shots, Test hooks the leg again with even more determination …

1!
2!
NO!

TRIPLE H KICKS OUT AGAIN!

Each kick out from Triple H is greeted with a cheer from the fans as if he is somehow winning small battles as he manages to resist. However, the pain and suffering continue for Hunter as Test waits for him to get to his knees and then locks him up into a full Nelson and then lifts him high … Full Nelson Slam crashes HHH down once more. As Triple H struggles on the mat, Test retreats and it seems clear what he has in mind here now. Test waits and waits until Triple H staggers up and turns to face him. Test rushes across the ring … BIG BOOT! TEST NEARLY TAKES OFF TRIPLE H’s HEAD WITH A BIG BOOT! How on earth can Triple H survive this right now? Test makes the cover once more …

1!
2!
NO!

SHOULDER UP FROM TRIPLE H ONCE MORE!

Test cannot believe it and neither can many of the fans as they celebrate the escape from Triple H with shocked looks on their faces. Getting to his feet angrily, Test looks down on “The Game” and stomps on his knee several more times before retreating once more. He is clearly muttering to himself and psyching himself up here for another big shot …BAM! ANOTHER BIG BOOT ON THE RUN FROM TEST! TRIPLE H IS REDUCED TO A JIBBERING WRECK ON THE MAT BY THE BIG BOOT! Surely this is now over, a huge win for Test here tonight …

1!
2!
3!

WAIT A MINUTE THOUGH!

Despite counting 3, the referee suddenly notices that Triple H’s hand was on the bottom rope just in time and he waves off the 3 count. Already celebrating, Test’s face is full of rage as he realises what just happened. He grabs the referee by the scruff of his neck and tells him to ring the bell but, to his immense credit, he refuses to. Test gets into the face of the official and it seems he is going to level him for it but he simply intimidates him as much as he can. Noticing Hunter getting to his feet, Test releases the referee and is ready just in time. As Triple H goes for a wild attack, Test catches him and lifts him up high … Spinebuster! Nodding his head, Test appears to be happy with what he is doing here and he stands over the fallen Triple H once more. He reaches down and drags “The Game” to his feet, he grips him around the waist and lifts him up high … PUMPHANDLE SLAM! TWO BIG BOOTS AND NOW A PUMPHANDLE SLAM! Surely now this one has got to be over here? Test drags Hunter away from the ropes this time so that he cannot use them to escape, he rolls up Triple H and uses his long legs to gain even more leverage from the ropes as he makes the pinfall.

1!
2!
NO!

THE REFEREE STOPS THE COUNT AND BREAKS THE PINFALL!

No kick out this time from Triple H, Test had him beat here but his feet were on the ropes and the referee stopped the count at 2 – to the anger of Test who now looks infuriated. He stalks the referee and simply fires a right hand at him, the crowd boo and jeer and JR and Tazz protest but there is nothing the WWF can do about it due to the clauses in Test’s contract. Hunter is down on the mat and struggling to recover as Test stares down at him, the referee rolls out of the ring. Test goes to the corner and messes with the top turnbuckle cover whilst there is no referee; he then climbs to the top rope and waits for his feet to steady. DIVING ELBOW! TEST HITS A HUGE DIVING ELBOW TO TRIPLE H NOW AS WELL! He hooks the leg but there is no sign of a referee here yet. Angrily, Test yells at the fallen referee outside the ring and then goes out to fetch him. He drags him back to the ring and rolls him under the bottom rope but Test’s punch before has dazed the official significantly. Test rags the referee and then hooks Triple H’s leg once more … The referee crawls slowly and starts to make the count …

1!

2!

NO!

TRIPLE H KICKS OUT!

Test clutches his head and pulls at his hair; he was sure that it was all over right there! Once more, the referee is in jeopardy as Test advances threateningly on him but this time the referee pleads his case and this causes a delay as Test considers himself. Noticing movement from Triple H, Test grabs his opponent and drags him up to his knees. Test yells in the face of Triple H and tells him to “Stay down! It’s over!” before dragging him to the unprotected turnbuckle in the corner. However, as he is about to crash Hunter’s head into the steel buckle, Triple H resists and a slugfest begins, two men trading blows, Hunter ducks one … Test goes for a clothesline and misses again; Triple H shoves Test forward face first … AND HE CRASHES INTO THE EXPOSED STEEL WITH HIS FOREHEAD! The crowd roar their approval as a groggy Test stumbles back out of the corner, Triple H is ready …PEDIGREE! TRIPLE H HITS THE PEDIGREE! Out of nowhere, Triple H has stunned Test here …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 15:41)

TRIPLE H
The crowd go wild as Triple H pulls off an unbelievable victory here tonight and qualifies for the next stage of the Undisputed WWF Championship tournament. Wounded, Test rolls out of the ring and out of sight as Triple H celebrates a huge win on his return from injury. The referee, who was quick as anything to get down and make the count after Test’s treatment of him during the match, raises the arm of “The Game” and he manages a salute to the fans on his winning return. JR and Tazz praise the guts and bravery of Triple H to resist the cheap shots of Test on his previously injured leg and then to find a way to survive two Big Boot shots, a Pumphandle Slam and Diving Elbow from the top rope to somehow defeat Test here tonight. Tazz suggests that this could be the match that sets Triple H back on his way to title gold – what a hard fought victory it has been!

sendpm.gif