WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-28-2013, 02:48 PM

Degenerate88 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default BREAKING NEWS: Doink The Clown Dead

TMZ has reported that Matt Osborne, who portrayed Doink The Clown, has passed.

Quote:
Ex-WWE star Doink the Clown -- a hugely popular wrestler in the '90s -- was found dead today in Texas.

Doink, real name Matt Osborne, was known for pulling pranks on the other wrestlers ... all while decked out in full greasepaint and a green wig.

Details about Doink's death are unclear at this point -- but his girlfriend reportedly found him dead in her home ... where he'd been staying lately.

After leaving the WWE, he continued wrestling for ECW and independent leagues ... still sporting the clown costume.

More recently, he's been attending wrestling conventions and doing autograph sessions with fans.

Doink was 55.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/28/doink-...#ixzz2XXfy5WfY
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

Last edited by Degenerate88 : 06-28-2013 at 02:53 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-28-2013, 03:11 PM

JustAnotherJames is looking to come up from OCW...

That's sad to hear. I think everyone who watched wrestling loved Doink the Clown.

Thoughts go out to his Girlfriend and family.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Lovable Curmudgeon
Knockout Champion

berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...

Sad. So young. My condolences to the family. Let the HOF debate begin.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

scottyshowman82 is looking to come up from OCW...scottyshowman82 is looking to come up from OCW...scottyshowman82 is looking to come up from OCW...

All those those wrestlers from the New Generation Era, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, Yokozuna, those guys were the guys I watched so much as a kid as I really started getting hardcore into wrestling. Doink was in that mix for sure he was apart of that. I remember when Doink was in that fued with Crush, I was talking to one of my friends at recess in elementary school and he was so frustrated because he wanted Crush to squash Doink but Doink would always find some underhanded way to get the advantage and beatdown on Crush. My condolences go out to Osborne's family as well.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:44 PM
POST OUTTA NOWHERE!!

Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm honestly sad about the passing of Matt Osborne - he has my respect for grabbing a shitty gimmick like a freaking clown, and make it work in the world of professional wrestling. Even though I was not, and still ain't a big fan of his, it's always sad to hear those type of news - I recall his feud with Crusher at WrestleMania IX, and his feud with Savage and later on with Bret Hart (even though it wasn't even thought). He had a shot, something that most guys don't have, and he ran with it, despite being a talented worker and he made money out of it. I say that he created such a figure that to this day millions of people in the world know him - I hope he can find peace, and that his family feel that the fans are grateful for his work and life.

RIP
sendpm.gif
Old 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
The Human Gameshark

Raiden46 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlinbrawler View Post
Sad. So young. My condolences to the family. Let the HOF debate begin.
Tell me you didn't just say that. I don't know which is worse... Having Koko B Ware in the Hall of Fame or the idea of discussing putting Doink in the Hall.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 PM

JustAnotherJames is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden46 View Post
Tell me you didn't just say that. I don't know which is worse... Having Koko B Ware in the Hall of Fame or the idea of discussing putting Doink in the Hall.
Why not? He's a memorable character and entertained us all. I think he should be put into the Hall of Fame for that alone.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 PM

oldmanfan is looking to come up from OCW...

aka Matt Borne. I remember back in the TBS days of him and Arn Anderson as one hell of a young tag-team. what happened there? anyway's,R.I.P.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Owen 3:16 says I just stole your Slammy!!'s Avatar
Owen 3:16 says I just stole your Slammy!! Owen 3:16 says I just stole your Slammy!! is offline

Owen 3:16 says I just stole your Slammy!! is looking to come up from OCW...Owen 3:16 says I just stole your Slammy!! is looking to come up from OCW...Owen 3:16 says I just stole your Slammy!! is looking to come up from OCW...

The first Doink was awesome. He was a great heel and entertaining. R.I.P Matt Borne an under-rated wrestler and entertainer.

You are Losers and We're Winners, Me and My Slammy's!
sendpm.gif
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Rib or chop? Loin or shank?
WWE Women's Champion

The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden46 View Post
It's a sham Hall of Fame. A work. Not legitimate. Matt Bourne/Doink the Clown is as eligible a candidate as anyone that Vince feels like putting in. Not to mention that Bourne pre-Doink and as Doink made his mark in wrestling. He'll never be considered an all-time great, but to dismiss his WWE HOF credibility out of hand is ludicrous. I'd have no qualms with him going in, and that went before he passed as well. May he rest in peace.

"When I suck, I'll retire." -Tom Brady