WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 AM

wiigotaproblem is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Wyatt Family VS The Shield

So with news breaking that the Wyatt Family will be debuting soon, it got me thinking about how they will be introduced on television. How will they make an impact? I don't want to see them run in and destroy Cena week after week. As amusing as it is, they've already done it with The Nexus and The Shield. I want something fresh, something exciting, something original, and then it dawned on me... Make them feud with The Shield.

The Shield is one of the best things WWE has going right now. All three members are strapped with gold, but where do they go from here as a team? They've already taken out Team Hell No, and outside of Team Rhodes Scholars there is no one else in the tag team division I give a flying fart about. With Dean Ambrose holding the US title and WWE's poor creative team, there's a good chance we won't be seeing all 3 members wrestle together at the same time for much longer. There's only so many 3 man tag matches you can throw together before it gets boring and unbelievable.

Enter The Wyatt Family. They're new, they're fresh, and they're looking to make an impact, so why not go after the top dogs, The Shield? It would need to be booked in a way so that The Wyatt Family comes out of the gate looking strong, without ruining The Shield's credibility. Likewise, The Shield needs to stay dominant without burying The Wyatt Family right off the bat. It needs to be booked so that both teams are neck and neck, both pose an equal threat to each other. If done right, I could see a lot of great matches and promos between these two teams, and I think it would be the perfect way to solidify The Wyatt Family as major players in the WWE while also keeping The Shield fresh and relevant as a team.

So I ask you this: Would attacking The Shield be a good debut feud for The Wyatt Family? If so, how would you book the feud long-term? Discuss.

Credit to me.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 AM

ak47_al123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I do not see any reason of having a feud between the family and the shield, it will eventually let either one of them turn face or break up, which should not be happened.

IMO, the family should feud with a face main eventer which do not have much to do for now (Christian or Jericho, maybe?) and show more of the twisted mind image they have before they chase the gold
Old 05-31-2013, 03:13 AM

zhaff2004 is looking to come up from OCW...zhaff2004 is looking to come up from OCW...

if they do enter a feud with the shield, what I can see happening is that around survivor series time, they join forces with the shield to form the "most sinister and diabolical" team the WWE has ever seen... They can then begin to take over the WWE one week at a time...
sendpm.gif
Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 AM
Wrestlezone.com
WCW TV Champion

The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't have an issue with the idea on down the road somewhere, when both teams are completely established. But immediately, there are some pretty distinct issues.

1) You want both groups to get over. That means you can't have The Shield lose to the Wyatt Family (who?) and you can't have the Wyatt Family take a big loss to The Shield so early in their run.

2) I can almost guarantee the Wyatt Family debuts as a group of heels. Everyone debuts as a heel. WWE forgot how to get people over as babyfaces. Two young groups going at it presents enough problems, without them both being gangs of villains.

3) The whole point of the Wyatt Family is, inevitably, to get Bray over in the long run. The other two may break out, but all things considered they're expendable. The Shield function as a unit. You can make a case that they exist to get Ambrose over, but you'd be wrong. So what I'm really getting at is there's a clash in long-term goals. Going back to the first point, you can't get Bray Wyatt over while retaining the value of The Shield, or the other way around.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-31-2013, 04:23 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...

Against this idea. The Wyatt Family can only be heels, they don't work as faces for now, so you'd be talking about turning the Shield with this feud. They aren't established enough as dominant heels to warrant a babyface turn, they need another year at least before I'd consider it and even at that I'd be looking to break them up and turn Seth Rollins face to feud with Dean Ambrose.

For The Wyatt's debut to mean something they need an angle with a guy like Jericho or Rey Mysterio, someone over enough with the crowd, someone talented enough to work with these guys and someone who knows how to draw sympathetic fans in. Bray Wyatt is the most interesting character in wrestling right now, he can play the sinister preacher to perfection. Have him mess with Jericho's head and have him win the feud cleanly.

After that I'd love to see a Bray Wyatt vs Kane feud
sendpm.gif
Old 05-31-2013, 05:36 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...

This idea makes no sense because both groups are heels! The Shield as a faces would make no sense and neither would the Wyatt family. The Wyatt family should debut at Payback IMO and this would make it more memorable. They can cause some kind of screwjob finish between Ryback and John Cena for the WWE Title. This could lead them helping Ryback win and putting John Cena in the ambulance, thus making Ryback the WWE champion.

I think this could be a great idea and could finally get the belt onto Ryback. I would then like to see an Iron man match between Ryback and John Cena at Money in the bank for the wwe title.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

If this does happen, I don't see it happening in the near future. I expect WWE to ultimately build the presence of the Wyatt Family up over the course of a few months before really putting them in the tag title hunt. In my opinion, I might be wrong, but I think the next opponents for The Shield will be Sheamus & Randy Orton once their program with Team Hell No is finished.

I don't know if they're going to have Bray Wyatt in the role of a manager or if he'll also compete as a singles wrestler like he does in NXT. Personally, I'd rather see both. I think a good way for the Wyatt Family to make an impact to begin with is to simply establish themselves with Bray's promos, which are pretty amazing. The guy gives off a completely different vibe than any other heel in wrestling right now and that can be used to give some fans a genuinely creepy, uneasy feeling when it comes to the Wyatt Family as a whole. At the same time, WWE needs to establish Harper & Rowan as individuals themselves rather than mute puppets who stand around looking intimidating. They need to be able to stand on their own both with or without Bray by their side.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 05-31-2013, 07:49 AM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Attacking The Shield could be a good way to get noticed early, but I do not support this being The Wyatt Family's first feud. The Shield have been dominating for the past 6 months with even teams led by John Cena and Sheamus being defeated. Why would a rookie group be believable in even standing a chance? I do not watch NTX so other than Bray's previous run as Husky Harris, I know absolutely nothing about these guys. Most of the fanbase does not watch NXT either so this will be their very first impression on them unless they remember Bray's time as Harris in Nexus.

I would rather they get a strong debut and be built up for a feud later down the line once they have gained some momentum. The only believable outcome if they feud with The Shield first is for them to get destroyed. Seriously. You have to build up newcomers and new teams or else fans may not get behind them. Look at how long it took before The Shield finally won belts, for instance. They were BUILT UP for it. The same needs to be done for the Wyatt Family. Have them attack and feud with 3MB first, then some random filler teams, until they are ready for an inevitable feud with The Shield later on. I wouldn't do it until Summerslam at the earliest or sometime this fall.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 05-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Knockout Champion

JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeyJoeJoe worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Nope, I don't like this idea at all. Both sides are natural heels...the two should never really cross paths. Given how over the Shield are right now, I think the focus should be on establishing each of those guys as competitors and personalities, pushing them closer towards main event status.

Definitely don't want to go back to the late 90's NOD/DOA/Los Boricuas borefest feuds.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

That is a terrible idea. The Shield is one of very few things the WWE has going for it. And the Wyatt Family has a nice buzz. WHY would you combine the two right off the bat?! I'm sorry, but this is why the IWC are fools. You don't know what you want...and that is because you don't know what makes sense.

If you have two big things going, let them work separately and THEN square off. Hogan/Macho Austin/Rock You guys are in such a rush to stuff everything into one program. Then what? One goes off to something good MAYBE and the other faces Rhodes Scholars in the mid-card at best?

Just an awful, awful idea.
sendpm.gif