WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Mr. Wrestling
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default WWE Payback: Three Stages Of Hell Match - Ryback VS John Cena [WWE Championship]

At the top of Raw tonight, Ryback announced this main event for WWE Payback in my hometown of Chicago.

What are your thoughts?

I have tickets to Payback and I'm not really looking forward to this match, but how everyone of us in the Allstate Arena shits on it should be entertaining. I'm hoping it gets changed some how, but that isn't looking likely at the moment.

Last edited by #heel420 : 05-20-2013 at 07:15 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 PM

drobs85 is looking to come up from OCW...

The finish last night was set up I guess for neither of the two guys to look weak, but that's the problem when you have two guys that shouldn't be going against each other to begin with! So how does WWE fix their mess? They put the two in another gimmick match in what they call an ambulance match where either there is a repeat of extreme rules in the botched finish, or the problem that they wanted to avoid but of course didn't when they booked this feud originally in having someone lose and look weak in the end. Once again, great job WWE.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm laughing at you right now.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #heel420 View Post
At the top of Raw tonight, Ryback announced this main event for WWE Payback in my hometown of Chicago.

What are your thoughts?

I have tickets to Payback and I'm not really looking forward to this match, but how everyone of us in the Allstate Arena shits on it should be entertaining. I'm hoping it gets changed some how, but that isn't looking likely at the moment.
I think it's disturbing that you look forward to going to a show to "Shit" on a match. I really wish some of these big city crowds could just stay home if they're not into the show. If I were the WWE I'd avoid Chicago and NYC like the plague, but I guess it comes down to money. And if thousands of people are dumb enough to pay a good amount of money to show how miserable they are then that's ok too.

As for the main event itself. I'm not a fan of Ambulance matches. I'm not a big fan of filler ppv rematches that you can set your watch to either. I wish they would have taken more time building this feud. Maybe have Ryback run from Cena for a couple months before Cena corners him in a match. So I'll agree with you the booking isn't all that. But with that said, Cena vs Ryback was actually pretty entertaining (Until the ending). It was a good brawl and I expect the rematch to be pretty good as well. I kind of hope the rest of the card is stronger than Extreme Rules though.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Mr. Wrestling

#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headman View Post
I think it's disturbing that you look forward to going to a show to "Shit" on a match. I really wish some of these big city crowds could just stay home if they're not into the show. If I were the WWE I'd avoid Chicago and NYC like the plague, but I guess it comes down to money. And if thousands of people are dumb enough to pay a good amount of money to show how miserable they are then that's ok too.

As for the main event itself. I'm not a fan of Ambulance matches. I'm not a big fan of filler ppv rematches that you can set your watch to either. I wish they would have taken more time building this feud. Maybe have Ryback run from Cena for a couple months before Cena corners him in a match. So I'll agree with you the booking isn't all that. But with that said, Cena vs Ryback was actually pretty entertaining (Until the ending). It was a good brawl and I expect the rematch to be pretty good as well. I kind of hope the rest of the card is stronger than Extreme Rules though.
Got the tickets way before any card was announced, so I basically just had my fingers crossed for a good show. And of course I get this shitty match for a main event at my 1st pay per view. I paid my money like everyone else, I'm free to voice my displeasure with the parts of the product I don't enjoy...

The undercard should be good though, so I'm not too upset.

Last edited by #heel420 : 05-20-2013 at 10:40 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM

STFU Donnie is looking to come up from OCW...STFU Donnie is looking to come up from OCW...

For me it's just further proof that WWE is not meant for me:

I grew up on Jim Crockett and whenever there was a gimmick match such as this like Piper vs Valentine, Magnum vs Tully, Wargames, etc the idea behind it was relatively simple. All that was required were two key elements:

1) That the feud is well established, very personal, and needs a closing chapter
2) That the participants are going to work snug and bring some brutality.

WWE however uses gimmick matches for the sake of gimmick matches and all of the guys work one speed and never snug or brutal. Then toss in no blood (I don't like blading, but in 2013 I can't imagine that there isn't a brilliant special effects guy who could come up with a new solution) and the fact that there's no real issue between Cena/Ryback, which is only a month old, and neither one is skilled enough to pull the drama a match like this demands. It's quite clear WWE is just not for me.

But if my 9 year old nephew is excited, then I'm fine with it at the end of the day...
sendpm.gif
Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 PM

louchratis is looking to come up from OCW...

This match is just another byproduct of the lack of depth at the top of WWE, which everyone has known is an issue for quite a while. It will be decent but the fans will all be clamoring for Punk throughout anyway. I actually feel bad for Ryback a little bit. He's been booked to be in the title picture for a while without ever being a credible threat to win.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Knockout Champion

Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headman View Post
I don't know why you bother even replying to marks like that.

As for the match, these 2 proved Sunday they can have a good brawling style matchup so I imagine the match itself will be decent at least. The problem is Ambulance matches are way too gimmicky, plus, it either ends with a Cena win or another shady ending like Sunday's match. I understand what they're doing with Cena's long term story starting 2 years ago and that's fine. It's that Ryback is being kept down because of it. He shouldn't even be feuding with Cena right now.

The only way I could see a convoluted finish here is if the match is nearing the end and Punk comes out and finishes them both off and shoves them both in the ambulance. The problem is that means 2 no contests in the WWE Title picture at a PPV in a row. Otherwise, Cena wins.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

The outcome in a situation like this sin't in doubt. Cena wins. Ryback isn't going to put Cena in an ambulance and then Cena take a few weeks off TV. But that is exactly what'll happen to Ryback. And after a 9 month streak in which he's been made to look very week, a break is exactly what Ryback will need if he doesn't leave this show as the WWE Champion.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Has the dubious honor of being
ECW Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
Cena wins. Ryback isn't going to put Cena in an ambulance....
True. I've been trying to decide whether the company plans to make Ryback a top star for the present and future or whether they see him as a heavily muscled mid-carder. Months ago, he lucked into a series of main event matches against CM Punk when John Cena turned up injured, isn't that the way it happened? In terms of his progression up the ranks, Ryback was just getting past beating up two indy wrestlers at a time, followed by a dumb looking feud against Jinder Mahal. It seemed he had a long way to go before they'd have him facing off against the Cenas and Punks of the world.

Instead, he gave a pretty good account of himself and earned a few more PPV appearances in 6-man matches against the Shield. Very nice. He even turned out to have speaking ability beyond what I figured he was capable of.

Therefore, I figure he belonged in the PPV against Cena; Ryback had earned it. Good for him. That takes care of Extreme Rules.

But this is John Cena; he's finally the champion again and took a beating on Sunday. I don't see it happening twice.....and like the poster quoted above, I definitely don't see him being the one dumped in an ambulance.

The most interesting result of the coming match will be where Ryback's main event career goes after the EMTs get finished taking care of him.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM

Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not a big fan of Ambulance matches but the WWE handled Ryback's character much better this week. Hopefully they keep this up and keep building momentum for him. I do see feud continuing possibly into Money in the Bank or even Summerslam. The WWE have a severe lack of main event talent and this has been a problem for long time now.

I could see them putting the title on Ryback at Payback and then holding it to Summerslam. This could lead to Cena regaining the title and feuding with CM Punk again when he returns. The WWE are going to have to pull out all the stops to keep this feud interesting until August. That is unless the WWE plan on building this new Curt Axel guy up to be a contender for the WWE Title.