WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If WWE can find a way to advance major WM storylines like Del Rio-Swagger, Shield, Cena-Rock, Triple H-Lesnar, AND get Undertaker back then this will be a great way to build to WrestleWania. Potentially a lot of casual fans who dont watch consistently and are not heavily invested in the product will watch. Granted, they are watching to see their old favs, but if WWE successfully builds these stories around the appearance of the various legends then maybe they will increase interest in the product among casual fans which means more interest and potentially more buyrates for the PPV.

WWE has to be aware of their ratings issues, made worse by the fact both of Ric Flair's random interview segments in recent months drew the highest numbers on those shows. No doubt this probably influenced the decission to use this gimmick for Raw as part of the WM build up.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
Intercontinental Champion

THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...

Hacksaw being attacked by Swagger makes a lot of sense and can see that happening.
I think we might see Goldust show up - if they are gonna use him with Cody at Mania then "Old School" RAW is the time to set it up - but for some reason I get the feeling Cody will end up face against Sandow.

As Glen Beck has mentioned Shieky Baby, it's entirely possible he might also show up!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 AM
puts the "D" in "ODB"
WWE Diva's Champion

Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...

If Bruno does show up, they'll have to keep him far, far away from the Rock. He's too edgy for the old guard.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM

jerichoambrosemark is looking to come up from OCW...

I have seen a name pop up a couple of times on this thread, "Hacksaw" Jim Dugan. I will say that I know for a fact he will be on Raw next week. He came to an indy show where I live over the weekend and he asked a young boy if he still watches Mondays. The boy, enthusiastically, replied " YES SIR!!". "Hacksaw" then told him "Good because I will be on there in 2 weeks"
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
The below sentence is a lie
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

vampirek is looking to come up from OCW...vampirek is looking to come up from OCW...vampirek is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManureTheBear View Post
If Bruno does show up, they'll have to keep him far, far away from the Rock. He's too edgy for the old guard.
Bruno will be given Punk. Punk can claim that he would have beaten both Backlunds and Bruno's records with ease if people were not against him and build that face off leading to Taker's return. I see the main aim of this show is to a) reintroduce Bruno and b) set up Punk/Taker.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 03:17 PM

I hate Cena sold outI hate Cena sold outI hate Cena sold outI hate Cena sold out

This is what I wanna see next week:

Intro where the top stars give short promos in front of a green screen showing their logo. Last one will be CM, talking about how he's a god, and then Obsession by Animotion hits, showing clips of the wrestlers, then a graphic of Monday Night Raw in the style of 80s Saturday Night's Main Event.

I also wanna see the Funeral Parlor hosted by Bearer. That's where CM and Taker can start their feud.

Santino and Bruno can provide comedy.

Tito Santana should join up with Al&Ric to give We the People a good beatdown.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Knockout Champion

WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...

I am very excited for Old School RAW next week. When I saw the Promo last night I about jumped out of my chair in excitement. I think its fine for part of the lead into Wrestlemania as well. One thing I want to see is Rock & John Cena on Piper's Pit to begin the build to their Match. It would also be a good place for Undertaker to come back and start the Feud with CM Punk. The last one was good and I think this one will be fun too. Its in Buffalo NY not Brooklyn btw.

WWF/E & Wrestling Fan since 1990!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
FTW Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

The block symbol of the WWF logo reminds me of childhood when I used to eat Hostess chips and collect WWF stickers from them. It has high nostalgic value and I don't mind reliving it as much as possible. I'm glad that old school RAW is returning. I enjoyed the first edition, especially for that Daniel Bryan vs Jack Swagger match. Maybe more possible WrestleMania match-ups can be made from this, since there are still those without matches. Promo time!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM

cole phelps is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
As enjoyable as this show will be, why would you have it during the lead up to Mania? It just doesn't make any sense to me. There doesn't need to be an old school Raw at the moment. I'd be more inclined to save it for the post-Mania months.
Yeah i'm wondering the same thing. I have even less reason to watch now. I mean lets face it. They'll just get the same old legends we see once a month anyway. Who really cares ?

I agree they should go all out with it and do it post mania. Make it a huge deal and event. I just think it's a waste doing it on rtwm
sendpm.gif
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 AM

Sid Schmid is looking to come up from OCW...Sid Schmid is looking to come up from OCW...

I think they're going to use the old school to further the storylines heading into Mania. It's pretty much a given that either Hacksaw or Slaughter will get a beat down from Swagger and Del Rio will make the save.

I've got a better idea though, some of you might think this will suck but I'm fine with that, opinions are what make forums interesting! They could be doing some kind of tribute in the ring for Sammartino and then Coulter/Swagger come out and berate Bruno for being an Italian immigrant and having took from Real Americans etc. Del Rio could then make the save. I know this won't happen as I can't see Bruno wanting anything to do with such a controversial angle or with an athlete that's just been arrested.

Secondly, I can see this as a way of re-introducing The Undertaker. If he is to feud with CM Punk then they could have Punk cut a promo saying that he is better than any old school wrestler as he is the best of all time etc, cue the gong! Taker wouldn't have to say anything, just point at the Mania sign and Bob's your uncle!

All in all I think it will be a great show!
sendpm.gif