WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-24-2013, 03:56 PM

Spinebreaker is looking to come up from OCW...

Have to get this bit off my chest, I *know* a lot of people will disagree...

Hardy. Is. Awful.

He doesn't have BAD mic skills, he has nonexistant mic skills. His matches are beyond dull. His high spots are all botched and all in the same order every week. He is among the most boring wrestlers on the planet, let alone TNA's roster. The ONLY reason his recent title run has been watchable in any way is because of the quality of his opposition. Roode, Aries Bully Ray, carrying matches and fueds while the charismatic enigma shouts 'creatures' and then does his 3 moves, in the same order, in the SAME SPOT IN THE RING. Every. Single. Match.

Right, abusive rant over.

Regardless of strict WWE fans opinion, TNA backstage are not morons. They knew months ago, (if not a year ago) that there may be issues with Hardy travelling. There were DOZENS of ways to get round that problem...

Hardy could have asked after his *injury* if another wrestler could defend it on his behalf. RVD springs to mind, or Magnus perhaps. All it would take is one backstage scene with Hogan and Hardy, and one shot of Hardy on the phone.

Daniels could have won, thanks to help from Kaz. OUTRAGEOUS cheating. Defended it during the UK tour by cheating all the way, then lost it back to Hardy on the return.

Last months PPV could have ended with Aries and Roode BOTH pinning Hardy, and those two compete in a best of 3 (or 5) over the tour to ascertain the new champ.

TNA is obsessed with the belt on Hardy. Hardy will sell T-shirts to little girls whether he's the champ or not. He hasn't increased viewing figures, he hasn't shot TNA to the moon, concentrate on what made TNA worth watching in the first place... build your own legends.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Jobber

LayCold is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with Hulk Hogan. Daniels could have been the champ during the tour, I mean, during ONE MONTH, you don't have a World Champion ? It's stupid, the champion needs to shows up because he is the man that represents the company, even if we didn't see him, we should have footage of him (and not the same when a A&8 guy attack him ). If you don't have a world champion, you are looking weak
Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

MB1025 is looking to come up from OCW...MB1025 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think in order for us to judge if Hardy should have dropped the belt or not we need to see what happens at Lockdown. There is something obvious that looks to be happening there and if it does it would mean a lot more if Hardy didn't drop the belt.

At the end of the day though I don't think it was that big of a deal. The UK still got 4 great TV shows and wrestling. Would it have been nice to have your world champion there? Sure, but I don't think it made much difference really.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2013, 05:11 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...

the title is misleading. it's not that Hogan is not happy with Hardy as TNA champion. Hogan didn't like Hardy as the TNA champion.. while TNA was on tour in the UK. if TNA did not go on the UK tour, or if Hardy himself could have went to the UK, Hogan would have had no issue with Hardy as champion.

TNA could have had another champion beat Hardy before going on the UK tour. but how would it have looked like if "wrestler X" beat Hardy for the world title, and then lost if at Lockdown a short time after? if the plan is to have Bully win the title at Lockdown, I think it makes more sense to have Hardy remain champion. that is if that's the plan for Lockdown.

I can understand the negative look it is for TNA to not have the world heavyweight champion on an important tour to the UK. but it all depends on what the plans are going forward.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Hexagonal Hedonist
ROH Pure Champion

shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This thread is pretty misleading unless there is more to that interview. All this really says is that would have liked to have had a champion for the UK tour and that Bobby Roode would have been a great option. I don't think anyone would disagree with either of those things. It doesn't say he is unhappy with Hardy as champion in general or that he prefers Roode as champ.

Even then Hogan admits there are different ways to look at this. The likely reasons for keeping the belt on Hardy are contract negotiations and the overarching story. Certainly not an ideal situation and I was a little surprised they didn't have him drop the belt but keeping Hardy was the most important thing for TNA period.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2013, 05:50 PM

JUSTINMFNBEEMER is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via ICQ to JUSTINMFNBEEMER Send a message via MSN to JUSTINMFNBEEMER

im probobably the biggest hulkamaniac in the universe, but jesus, he wont be happy with the champion till he gets that belt around his own waist. hes starting to remind me of vince, just out of touch. im by far not a hardy fan, but hell they could do worse.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:07 PM

The Extract is looking to come up from OCW...The Extract is looking to come up from OCW...

I don like Hardy as champion. In fact, I was actually shocked when they didn't have Christopher Daniels take the title on the show before the UK Tour began. I mean, Chris Daniels could have held the title until BFG where he and AJ face off for the World Title. Plus, they would have a champion that could actually leave the country. I don't like Hardy in the ring anymore, and his mic skills are vertually nonexistent, so I have no idea why they want him as champion. Hopefully, Bully Ray walks out of Lockdown as the World Heavyweight Champion.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
WCW TV Champion

George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...

I don't know who is better but as an employee of TNA Hogan is a fucking idiot for cutting down any fellow employee in an interview, especially their fucking champ unless it is a work.

Just say Jeff is a terrific performer and great champ. It's unfortunate he can't perform live for the UK fans but what Jeff has accomplished coming so far is amazing. He loves performing in the UK and thrives off the passion of the fans. When he's ready and able to make the trip you bet Jeff Hardy will electrify the UK fans again.

Is that so fucking hard? Right or wrong, does he have to be such an honest, candid douche bag. Fuck, I feel bad for Dixie sometimes. Leave the hardcore analysis for the fat pasty virgins on the interwebs.
GSB Stunning Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Paul Heyman and Paul Giammatti in the same room at the same time and neither have you.

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 02-24-2013 at 06:32 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Crossface Chickenwing
WWE Diva's Champion

SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't like Hogan at all but he is 100% right. Your champ has to be defending the title if you are going out of the country. The belt needs to be front and center. They had plenty of time to work a program and get the belt off of Hardy. No excuses.

That said he is a fucking idiot for saying it in the interview. You can't say that about the current champ in the company you work for. You can think it all you want but keep it behind closed doors. Dixie should have made it known that talking about Hardy not appearing should have been off limits. If she did and Hogan did it anyway he should be fined.

Sorry GSB but I don't feel bad for Dixie just like I don't feel bad for Vince. If history didn't teach either one anything than they deserve everything they get.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 PM

Viperman86 is looking to come up from OCW...

While I don't like Hulk Hogan, I absolutely agree. I haven't liked Hardy since the bs he pulled at Victory Road. He's not a good wrestler, he's a spot monkey, and the only reason he's champion is because of his popularity. I still don't know why they rehired him after that. The fact that TNA has to put the title on Hardy to keep him with the company shows how weak they are, while Roode and Aries were great champions. If you're champion can't be at the show, thats just stupid, and the fact that Hardy can't go into the UK shows why he shouldn't be champion. And people are going to say I'm only one less viewer so they won't care, but as long as Hardy is champion, I refuse to watch TNA. I pray to God that Bully Ray wins the title.
sendpm.gif