WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-14-2012, 02:40 AM
A REAL American
WWE Women's Champion

CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Lightbulb John Cena VS CM Punk: Iron Man Match

The rivalry between John Cena & CM Punk has been going on for over a year now feuding over the WWE title and over being the face of the WWE. In the last Cena/Punk showdown this year at the Night of Champions pay per-view we saw the match come out as a draw, with CM Punk retaining the WWE championship in Boston. And since then Punk has gone on to feud with John Cena & Ryback in the coming months.

But what if in the future we saw the final fight showdown between Cena & Punk for the WWE title? In the ultimate grudge match: An Iron Man Match! The "I Quit" is more of a John Cena specialty match and the ladder match is more of a CM Punk specialty. And when was the last time that we've seen a iron man match? The last one to memory was that one iron man match between John Cena & Randy Orton with no DQ rules. With John Cena as the winner.

So an iron man match would be the ultimate set-up for an epic main event match between these two WWE champions! And plus I think that the WWE retired the "three stages of hell" match? Maybe because it would be to long for an average WWE-PG fan?

Thoughts?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd love to see an Iron Man match between Cena and Punk. Though I tend to think of "hell in a cell" as the ultimate blowoff match.

What was the final match for the Orton-Cena feud? Wasn't it an "I quit" match? Or a "respect" match (apologies to Brian Pillman)?
sendpm.gif
Old 12-14-2012, 03:11 AM
A REAL American
WWE Women's Champion

CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
I'd love to see an Iron Man match between Cena and Punk. Though I tend to think of "hell in a cell" as the ultimate blowoff match.

What was the final match for the Orton-Cena feud? Wasn't it an "I quit" match? Or a "respect" match (apologies to Brian Pillman)?
No the final match between Cena & Orton was a no DQ iron man match at Vengence a few short years ago. The "I quit" was the first match of the feud between Cena & Orton at the one awful WWE PPV "Breaking Point" Big Thunder.
Remember?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 AM

Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...

Probably won't happen, but i'd like to see Cena vs Punk in a title unification match. What about Cena claiming the Money in the Bank case at the upcoming TLC. Cashing in the contract on Big Show and winning the WHC.

Then the big Showdown CM Punk (WWE Champion) vs John Cena (World Heavyweight Champion) for the undisputed championship. The match could even have a stipulation like an Iron Man Match, or Hell in a Cell.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:57 AM

jrush1978 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Swagger View Post
No the final match between Cena & Orton was a no DQ iron man match at Vengence a few short years ago. The "I quit" was the first match of the feud between Cena & Orton at the one awful WWE PPV "Breaking Point" Big Thunder.
Remember?

Unless there were 2 IM matches it was at Bragging Rights in Pittsburgh, I was there live and it wasnt a bad match. I'd like to see an Iron Man match between Punk & Cena but I have to admit, I'd like to see it as a non-title match. Punk has to lose the belt sometime and I think this would be a great main event if you didnt have the WWE title defended for whatever reason (like the original idea for Survivor Series) but I just am not in the mood right now for another Punk-Cena main event. Yes the last time they went one on one it was a draw but what about all the times before and since in regular and 3-way matches. Cena was involved in the 3-Way Dance with Ryback, ditto with Big Show at Summerslam, they went on on one at Raw 1000, and just going from memory I believe Punk went over Cena in 2011 at MIB and SummerSlam. For me thats just too much, I liked the angle before Hell In A Cell when Punk & Heyman were touting how many chances Cena had to get. I think they should put in the storyline for Cena to have to win some non title matches (unless he wins the Rumble obviously kayfabe) at big cards to prove he's worthy of a title shot, heck you could even play up how at the 2 biggest cards of the year (WM & Summerslam) Cena is 0-4 in the past 2 years, make him need some victories.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I've voiced interest in seeing this match as well. Depending upon how things go over the next 4 or 5 months, this match has a good chance of actually taking place.

I think most people expect The Rock to beat CM Punk to become champion at the Royal Rumble and it might very well happen. It's something that's up in the air, however, because The Rock has such a busy schedule and there are drawbacks to him winning. It means there'll be no WWE Championship matches at any house shows during WM season and The Rock himself won't be on Raw each and every week during WM season. The WWE could always do some sort of taped interviews with The Rock & show him up on the big screen but that simply doesn't have the effect. However, according to reports, The Rock is scheduled to wrestle during the Elimination Chamber ppv. That doesn't mean that he'll wrestle as WWE Champion, but I'm betting he'll be involved in the WWE Championship EC match at the event. If all the reports are true, it's going to be Cena vs. Rock II. Having the match be for the WWE Championship, in my opinion, simply won't add anything to their match. If anything, it'll take something away from it. After WM, The Rock is going away again so you know he's not walking out of the event as WWE Champion. I think most people are expecting Cena to win anyhow to even things up, so the title isn't necessary. Personally, I'd rather CM Punk retained against The Rock. From the standpoint of a fan, I think Punk's done too much for the title and has been too good a champion for WWE to have him roll over to the almighty Rock so he can have a vanity run. From a realistic point of view, I can see potential benefits and downsides to Rock being champ. A possible benefit is the novelty of seeing The Rock as WWE Champion for the first time in nearly a decade, which could be a significant draw during WM season. I think one downside, as I said earlier, involves Cena vs. Rock II becoming extremely predictable with the title taking something away from their rematch rather than adding something to it.

If CM Punk remains WWE Champion after WrestleMania, then I fully expect his feud with John Cena to resume not too long after. Since Punk has gotten the better of Cena all in all over the course of their feud, something like an Iron Man Match is a way to blow off their feud and deliver some big bragging rights. I think such a match would be highly entertaining and I'd fully expect Cena to win. Come WM, John Cena will have gone without being WWE Champion for almost 18 months and I don't see 2013 ending without John Cena as WWE Champion once again. With Cena's health & condition becoming more of a concern with WWE officials, Cena might just have one more run as champ left in him.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't remember the way the Cena/Orton Iron Man Match played out, but I can't imagine it being that good of a match. With Cena's limited move set he spends most of his matches on the recieving end and than does his thing at the end to win a match. In an Iron Man match you need two guys who can go back and fourth because you can't have one guy beating the other for 50 minutes.

I will try to rewatch the Cena/Orton match, because as I said I don't remember it and it could have been a solid match where Cena expanded his move set and carried a decent amount of the match.

All American Boys
sendpm.gif
Old 12-14-2012, 03:00 PM

The_Main_Event is looking to come up from OCW...

I personally would love to see this to be the "blowoff" match between the 2, the 2 have great chemistry with each other, I personally really wanted to see Cena vs Punk inside HIAC this year, I'm not a fan of Gimmicks PPV's but if those 2 had go inside HIAC 1 on 1 I geuninely think it would have been a worthy match and they would've produced the goods so to speak
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Swagger View Post
Remember?
1. The final match wasn't at Vengeance. It was at Bragging Rights.

2. The first match of their feud was at Summerslam.

Glad I got that out of the way.

I don't see the point of it. Whatever you want to see in 60 minutes can be accomplished in 25 or 30 minutes. That's why I'm not a fan of iron man matches. If I can get great action in half the time, why do I need twice the time?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:13 PM
POST OUTTA NOWHERE!!

Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

That match does not need to happen! CM Punk vs. John Cena has been going now for over a year, I'm sick and tired of both to be honest. Great wrestlers, great performers in their own right but what else can they exploit? I hope they just forget that the other exist for a while in the future, save it for a SummerSlam in two years, make them go into separate ways and maybe, just maybe do it in other circumstances.

I enjoy Iron-Man Matches when there are reasons for it, when there are personal reason for a match like that to happen and I can't see none in the WWE right now for that. CM Punk is not the type of heel that really gets into your skin, he's just an annoying heel and that's one of the problems with characters nowadays. In order for that match to happen, I believe that Cena needs to be the one to go heel, and I don't see that happening in the near future.

~~ ICHI-BAN-SUGEE-NO-WA PURORESU NAN-DA-YO! ~~
sendpm.gif