WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM

HBK89Bill is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Daniel Bryan: The Next Intercontinental Champion

Team Hell No is treading water. Everyone know that by now. I personally thought they were going to drop the titles to Rhodes Scholars before or at The Rumble. They are still good,(Diagrams) but I think we all know its time to move on. I think most of us know they are about to feud and drop the titles to Rollins/Reigns. (They just gave Ambrose a singles match with Taker. He's the odd man out.)

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Ziggler/Bryan feud. I would love to see that as well and it would work very well for all involved. But let me just throw something out in the open for a second. What exactly is Wade Barrett doing with the IC title? Actually, what is Barrett doing at all? You know why he isn't getting over because I do. He is supposed to be a badass brawler who is a heel. He isn't that right now because he doesn't have a good face to go against him. You can argue The Miz if you'd like, but I personally didn't take him seriously. Especially when WWE books him to win and lose the title within 24 hours just to jolt the Wrestlemania crowd. Place Daniel Bryan in the IC title hunt. He brings the belt some legitimacy. There is a massive amount of guys he can feud with in that division and help them develop good matches so when they move on, they can go after Ziggler and the World Title. This would do good things for Barrett, Sandow, Rhodes and so on. Is Daniel Bryan the right guy to be the next Intercontinental Champion?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM

Beeper Mcgee is looking to come up from OCW...

me personally, i think Daniel Bryan chasing the IC title would be nice & i think it would help make the IC title believable again. also i would like to see Daniel Bryan become the Latest WWE Triple Crown Champion.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2013, 09:56 PM

Raptor93 is looking to come up from OCW...

Bryan has held the us title so he is technically a triple crown winner, I think Bryan could do for the ic title what he and kane did for the tag division and really bring it back from the dead, he and barret already have history so the feud could be very good. Daniel Bryan could become the new Jericho and just jump from one division to the next wether it be tag team, ic/us or whc/wwe and if booked to win a few of them look like a legit threat
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 PM

tonykegger is looking to come up from OCW...

I would love to see a Daniel Bryan-Dolph Ziggler feud. They have great matches and I think a 20+ minute PPV match for the WHC would be amazing. If that match happens at Payback in Chicago, it would easily be a MOTY candidate. That's my dream match of 2013 I think.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Kizzani
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...

The simple answer is yes, everytime the WWE tries something new they shit on something. Now they are trying to build the Tag division and have took a hot crap on the IC and US titles.
D. Bryan teamed with a young or more talented tag partner could have a great heel tag team, however because Kane has gone through so much with WWE and been loyal they reward him however he should be teamed with Taker if anyone. Who could fill that role would be interesting.
Wade Barrett is another guy who bores the hell out of me, a good place for him would be the US title and he could fight the rest of the crap squad like Gabrial, santino, cersaro, rhodes and others.
If it was me this is how I would write it up, Money in the bank in won by Byran and instead of doing what every one expects, he cashes in on the IC champ. When asked why since he could have a World title shot, he explains the IC title needs to be elevated and to prove it he wants to face ziggler. This get the Ziggler/Bryan feud going and brings the IC title to new heights when Bryan beats Ziggler, Del Rio and maybe a few others. This set up Bryan VS X who is good enough to hold the title, screwed over by Ziggler maybe giving Del Rio the IC title and forcing Ziggler/Bryan World title at Royal rumble.
Putting the title on the waist of Bryan,Del Rio, even Orton would elevate the title to a new level hopefully that of the Hitman, Perfect, HBK days. So when someone like Sandow or Fandango get a hold of it, it means more since they would have to beat a bigger star.

Now let's talk realism the title will stay with Barrett falling further and further in to pointless title zone maybe going from Barrett to miz and sandow with no real power having it, then Fandango will get it and it will rise a little until he drops it to move to the next level. The IC will be boring and lame. how can I tell.....IT WAS SO LAME, it wasn't even part of the PPV. He is a simple test...if your lower than the Divas title your boring...Who is the Divas champ? Who cares really but seriously I couldn't tell you without looking.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Riley Justin

mrfantastic111 is looking to come up from OCW...mrfantastic111 is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree and disagree.

On one hand it would be cool to see mah mayn D-Bry da Intercontinental champeaann! (Booker T voice). The IC title used to attract a lot of viewers that wanted to see the star-power who carried the mid-card. Guys like Kofi and Barrett were exciting 3-5 years ago but they've grown abit stale (which I hate to admit as I'm a huge Barrett mark). Bryan would bring some great star-power to the mid-card titles and would elevate their place on RAW/SD!

However, that kept in mind I think that Bryan's star-power this past year has been out of this world. His reaction every week is incredibly strong; and he never fails to command the attention of the crowd. When RAW goes to a city with a quiet/boring crowd, Bryan is usually one of the few talents that can make the audience excited during a match. So, what my problem is, is that someone who gets a reaction like his every week should be a main-eventer. If Bryan won the WWE or World title next week on RAW, I imagine that the crowd reaction would be similar to the reaction that Ziggler received a few weeks ago. I fear that if Bryan were to chase the US/IC titles, he may get brought down the same way that guys like Barrett and Miz were demoted when they began chasing the mid-card titles.

You can't just put one guy in the mix, a division can't rely on one person alone. For example, you could put CM Punk on the mid-card with the US title, but if he's chasing a no-name wrestler then not many people will care. The problem with WWE is that they can't seem to figure out how to elevate multiple performers as once. They used to be great at it, but now they have no clue.

On another note, I wish that Del Rio had been put on the mid-card to chase the IC title after he lost the WWE title a few years ago - I think that he would of made a stella mid-card champion.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 AM
The Human Gameshark

Raiden46 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor93 View Post
Bryan has held the us title so he is technically a triple crown winner, I think Bryan could do for the ic title what he and kane did for the tag division and really bring it back from the dead, he and barret already have history so the feud could be very good. Daniel Bryan could become the new Jericho and just jump from one division to the next wether it be tag team, ic/us or whc/wwe and if booked to win a few of them look like a legit threat
Team Hell No didn't bring the tag team division back from the dead anymore than Kofi and any of his random tag partners. The only way the tag division becomes relevant is when a REAL team wins the belts; not two lazily thrown together wrestlers who don't have anything else to do.

D-Bry, though, could bring legitimacy to the IC title...
sendpm.gif
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 AM

RKOrob is looking to come up from OCW...

I know we've seen them wrestle on RAW a lot but I'd LOVE to see a proper Bryan-Ziggler feud for the WHC - Throw AJ and Big E into the mix as wildcards and this could be an epic feud for the summer!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM
10th wonder of the 3rd world
WWE Diva's Champion

Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOrob
I know we've seen them wrestle on RAW a lot but I'd LOVE to see a proper Bryan-Ziggler feud for the WHC - Throw AJ and Big E into the mix as wildcards and this could be an epic feud for the summer!
I agree with this, strongly too, but perhaps for two other reasons. Kane, while not always relevant, is still a big deal. He has a great career and people still like him. So, when DBry went from WHC to Tag-champ with Kane, it wasn't that big of s step-down. IC? I think he's over enough to help the IC-title, but it wouldn't do a thing for him.

Secondly, the WWE has a midcard that needs to get over in a big way and I'd rather have the IC and US titles help with that. Kofi, Cesaro, Miz, Barrett, Santino (cringe), Fandangogogogo, Rhodes & Sandow (if they stay split up), R-Truth... All these guys can go for the midcard titles.

When Hell No splits, DBry could hang on to the IC-title until they find him a big angle, but I think Ziggy would be a better bet. Not to mention that the matches would be off the chart...
sendpm.gif
Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

Ideally, it wouldn't bother me at all to see Bryan go after the IC title. Bryan has been on a role for about 1.5 years now and I fully expect to see Team Hell No broken up within the next few months. At the same time, however, it seems like there's always been someone on these boards that's made a similar prediction all year. When they do break up, I'd rather see Bryan go either after the WHC or the IC title rather than feud with Kane, which is something we see often when teams break up.

At the same time though, I'd be a little concerned about seeing Bryan go after the title if Vince just seems to lose interest in him as has happened to poor Wade Barrett. As I said, Bryan is someone that's delivered for WWE since very late 2011 and it'd just be a true waste of his ability if they stuck him in a feud or title run that's practically a lame duck before it really begins. But, on the other hand, as I alluded to earlier, Bryan has been a consistent success for WWE. He's shown himself to be an asset both in the tag team and main event pictures. That consistent level of success & interest could lead to WWE putting a lot of effort & energy into a IC title run for Bryan. A strong run with the title as a babyface could only help things out before, possibly, putting him back into the World Heavyweight Championship hunt after dropping the IC title.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif